So I today I told my Pastor ( Presbyterian) that I'm converting to Catholicism...

So I today I told my Pastor ( Presbyterian) that I'm converting to Catholicism, he told me I'm spiritually unhealthy for not talking to about it to him before hand, and then went on to say I was being brash in my decision.
He pretty much said they have put a bunch of time into me (6 months) and that I have wasted their time.

I don't feel like they wasted my time, and I honestly greatly appreciated their guidance.

But now I'm sorta miffed, how can they say I've wasted their time? How? What right did he have to say that to me?

Was he projecting his unhealthyness? Was he reacting in anger, tho suppressed?

Attached: Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.svg_.png (520x468, 54.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians 5:2-6
orthodoxwiki.org/Western_Rite
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sounds like he experienced jealousy

He is just disappointed you would convert to the Catholic Church and not stay with the denom you are in. Considering vatican II is still in place, I don't blame him for being disappointed.

I hope you change your mind and don't go Catholic, but it is ultimately your decision in the end.

You honestly might be on to something, he is a jewish convert and went to a giant meeting of jewish Christian followers, about 300 in all and he was the only protestant attendant.

Their meeting was on how to reach to the Jewish body and how to engage them more into their Christian community, very important.

I'm not even a member of their Church yet, and honestly I can't follow a protestant Docterine any longer, I realized this at the sermon this morning. My heart is already set dead on the Eucharist and the Catholic Liturgy.

I'll pray for you

You're an APOSTATE! You have been cut off from Christ, you have fallen away from grace. What did you expect? Congratulations? A celebration?

Thank you

You can't be serious. I have one Lord, Jesus Christ.
How does becomming Catholic remove my relationship for Christ?

Oh and another thing
tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine

I feel as if you're rushing to judgement for blood.
I'm a born again Christian, I have been attending Church again for over a year. I take my relationship with God very seriously.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians 5:2-6

If you have any idea what you're embracing (and I see no reason to believe you do considering the way you're speaking and how quickly you left the Presbyterian church), then you're denying the Lord that bought you. You are cut off from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law

What do you mean I'm seaking to be justified by the Law?
What do you mean I have no idea what I'm embracing? Do you think I haven't been researching?

Probably not, and I think this is proof

Look, You're obviously not here to help a Christian in a time of need.
I don't think you have good Faith.

No, it would seem I'm here to remind an apostate what denying Christ means. If you follow Rome's salvation system, you will not be saved. You need to repent, go back to church, tell your pastor you're sorry, and that you need spiritual milk.

I'm already saved user, I have Faith on Christ.

My point has been proven, you are here to judge while you thirst for my blood.

What are your reasons for converting user?

I don't see why you would expect any other reaction.

Authority of Scripture, Eucharist, Wider Faith (in general), a deeper search.

I believe Im going to join as a Friar unless the Lord takes me to a Wife in marriage.
These are things I've been wrestling for quite a long time. (Relatively)

I am deeply driven by Mysticism and the Catholic tradition allows me to do so while taking part in Church life without becoming a Hermit.

Because a person that has a leadership role in the Body of Christ needs to treat every relationship that share within the Faith, as tho that It's a divine relationship for we do take communion in together and as such we are of the same Spirit.

If he was aa he should be, he wouldn't of been angered, he would of been saddened if his belief was genuine.
He would not of dismissed me as but a waste of time, he would of extended the offer and treated me with same hospality, for I have not truely changed, only his perception of me has changed.

Don't listen to that guy. He is just spewing verses he doesn't understand. He is applying a verse for those seeking salvation through obedience to the Law given to the Jews, instead of faith in Christ, to a person who should just be considered a heretic to him because you hold different dogmas than him. Not because you are seeking salvation outside of Christ.

Anyway, my two cents is that if the Mass and the Eucharist are the big topics that are causing you to convert to Catholicism, I would recommend you research Orthodoxy as well because they teach the same things on the Liturgy and Eucharist.

Look into the difference between Orthodoxy and Catholicism and compare them to the councils and early Church. Then make your choice.

God bless and I hope you find the truth.

I'm already slighty diverted from Orthodoxy, I love the culture it attains and I love the absolute devotion of it's practitioners in the lay.

But, Orthodoxy would not provide what I am seeking, I'm seeking an education in Western Society (Im In the USA).
I wish to commit to education for my enture life, I wish to fortify my Faith with Philosophy and Psychology.
I do not know if I'd be allowed to write on those topics if I was working for the Church, I think it's taboo to even write about the deeper Theological concepts in the Orthodox Church.

Thank you user, all I can do is pray.

I would advise that you pray that God would reveal His will for you and that you seek to do His will, no matter where it leads you. Now I'm not saying you don't already know that but it is always good to be reminded of this. Even Christ struggled with this in the garden (Mark 14:35-36).

What we seek is the Truth, which God is, therefore we must not lose sight of that goal to attain Truth.

What is your first name, if you feel comfortable revealing that, so I may pray for you?

Stephan.
Again thank you.

I have been praying over 10 times a day about this.

Wow thats a lot man. I admire your devotion. The answer will surely come.

Sometimes it's a very human reaction driven by very earthly reasons, sad to say.

Is it a small or shrinking congregation? Did the man spend a large proportion of his time with you?
Did he think you were rich?

Wait a minute.

Is he Northern Irish?

Try telling him tiocfaidh ár lá and report back with his reaction.

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_ab1044b17a9f42b782f0afd4910fab5a057097602ad1a16dc4cdd8a6c9be6ee0.jpg (255x255, 14.99K)

No, he's Jewish by blood.
Also it's a conservative Presbyterian if that matters.

No I'm not rich.
No it's been 6 months of maybe 8 1 on 1 sessions.

The congregation is about 30 families total.

Most of the West was Christianized before the Great Schism.

I don't mean to offend the non-Orthodox on the board, but from the Orthodox perspective, western Europe was taken for a 1000 year long wild ride by the heresy of Gregory. The West needs to return to Orthodoxy.

Ultimately, Orthodoxy isn't about Eastern customs, languages, or anything like that, those things are all superficial. Orthodoxy is about theological unity.
orthodoxwiki.org/Western_Rite

Whats important to me is if I'm allowed to writer books while working for the Church, I do not think it's even possible to become a Bishop unless I was born into it. I do not know much of the Orthodox Church, but I promise I'll look deeper into it.

Pax tecum. Well done for taking the right step. This protestant leader does indeed sound jealous, also he does not own you so don't worry you have not wasted his time.

I strongly suggest you find your local sspx, fssp or icrss parish to experience true catholicism and the liturgy of st peter where you will find authentic tradition, doctrine and mysticism. Www.divinumofficium.com for thedivibe office. Pre 1910 trident matutinum for the meatiest hours of prayer: 9 readings of scripture and patristics. God be with you.

Indeed the west needs to return to orthodoxy, but so does the East. And orthodoxy lies with the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church

That was one of the key aspects that led me to join the Orthodox Church. I hope you do look into it. God will lead you to where you need to be.

Forget him. If he whines about how you “wasted their time”, he needs to be a better pastor

Wtf are you saying? Are you even Catholic or read the documents?

He isn't pretending to be Catholic at all, what would make you think so

WE WUZ VAMPIRES

Because only Catholic larpers throw around the Vatican II meme.

Lol what said. I never claimed to be Catholic. I left the Catholic church because of Vat II.

If you dont understand the differences between Vat II and Vat I than you deserve to be in the Catholic Church. I'll pray for your soul regardless. Like your preacher, I think OP is making a mistake.

Attached: Fr._James_Martin__SJ_810_500_75_s_c1.jpg (810x500, 21K)

What happened to the good ol' Matthew 16:18? The church failed its mission in the 20th century?
Or were you like the heterodox "catholics" who read the council in the light of modernism?
The second Vatican II is to be read in the light of Vatican I, Trent, Laterano etc etc just like any other council.
To read it otherwise is a betrayal to the Church and that heretical reading has been condemned several times by the CDF and by JPII and Benedictus XVI.
Its the devil larping as a fake tradicionalist that deviated people from the church. To some of them he larps as a liberal fag, to other he larps about being very traditional and leads people out of the flock.
He already separeted you from getting the Eucharisty and the other spiritual gifts of the Church and from the sheppards who belong faithful to the message of Christ and are the true successors of the apostles. I pity that so many people like you are being dragged down to hell by this new trad wave, instead of staying in the Church who's teachings are the same as they were before, no matter what some dissents say.
I pray that you get out from that phase and join the Church again.

The Church had sinners and heretics like Arius, Nestorius, Luther, and I could go on until the end of the day.
If the atitude of some people lead you to break away with the church then you're doing it wrong.
You stick with the church for what she teaches, not because of the men who are in it.

Again, you aren't listening. I left because of the teachings of Vat II (which produced sodomite apologists like "Fr." Martin and rapists like McCarrick).

Sounds like you may have schizophrenia.

Sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about. But bless your heart anyway. I hope no vatican clergy rapes you.

Fedora-tier

Whatever you say Martin Luther.

I seriously think you may have something wrong with you.

Good for you user.
Doctrine is second to faith.
You're wasting your own time what "right" does anyone have to say anything.

Given his reaction, I’d say leaving that church was the right choice

Then you also left because of the teachings of Vatican I, Trent etc. Where's your authority to reject councils? Are you the pope of yourself?
At least nestorians had bishops with apostolic authority were as you and the members of your group don't.
By rejecting a council based on your opinions and interpretation you are no better than Martin Luther.

Vatican 2 is not dogmatic so can be and should be rejected as it teaches heresy. The popes did not ask for the protection of the holy spirit and all sad it was merely pastoral and had no dogma. user leaving the Church because of v2 is I'll informed because v2 does not require assent

Either way nothing it says is against the church doctrine, unless you read it in the same light modernists read it, which has already been condemned several times.

Welcome to the weasel words of V2. Merely calling something a dogmatic constitution does not make it dogmatically binding. It may contain old dogma, but as all the Popes afterwards confirmed there were no new dogmatic definitions in V2 and we can see that none of the conditions required for infallible declarations of dogma as defined by v1 were met. There are no anathemas and no declarations that something must be professed by all the catholic faithful.

The v2 council contravenes doctrine by being deliberately obtuse and vague in wording to allow for all kinds of weird interpretations. Councils are meant to answer questions not to create more. To abuse language in this way is anti catholic as the Church has always required declarations to be concise and understandable. V2 also teaches the right to religious freedom which is heresy that has been anathematised by many popes and councils before. Error has no rights.

To all your questions they're just upset/mad that they don't have you in their congregation anymore and unjustly projecting on to you. They are in the wrong.

Glad to hear you're entering the true Church OP. Ignore that guy from earlier in the thread.

Attached: DtgqcBRU0AAPf3v.jpg (243x250, 8.14K)

Attached: board demon(2).jpg (481x566, 40.97K)

Attached: board demon(2).jpg (481x566, 40.97K)

Sad, thanks redman.

i'm catholic and i made that meme lol. get winnie the poohed protcuck