Individual interpretation was a mistake

Individual interpretation was a mistake

Attached: protestantism.jpg (720x960, 104.04K)

withholding the direct revelation of God to man for centuries was a crime against the Eternal, for which there is a reckoning

But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.
– Matt 23:13

What's the alternative?

Man was mostly illiterate for centuries, there was no technology to make mass amounts until the printing press.

now wait, before we digress into historical accounts of public literacy; are you agreeing with my personal interpretation of that verse; and that God says there is woe (damnation) to those who withhold His word from man?

I do not believe the Word was withheld from man, Word does not mean written.

i wasn't talking to you

Yes you were, I was at the gym when I first responded. Thus a different ID.

Also, not an argument.

Okay but what about the ~31,150 out of ~31,170 verses the Vatican haven't "infallibly" interpreted?

You have to make an extreme case to go against the consensus or the majority consensus of the Fathers. This already rules out the vast majority of scripture that Prots or Homos want to interpret in their own way. As for more complicated or deeper theological inquiry, apart from serious Catholic Theologians, no one really cares anyways. Protestant Churches are literally getting torn apart (doctrinally) because every time a Pastor has a fag son they break away and come up with their own theology, even though it literally makes no sense. But surprise surprise there is literally not one Church Father that says that being a fag is okay. No matter how hard the fag bishops and priests want to change this, it can never happen, without it being manifestly clear they are heretics. All they can do is just keep pushing their ambiguous statements. The true faithful won't be swayed by the fag bishops and priests and their fag agenda.

Prots abandoning the majority of Church Fathers (they consider the majority of them to be heretics) is why they can never last, with faggotry as powerful as it is right now.

Are you telling me that $CURRENT_POLITICIAN_IN_POWER is not not the Antichrist after all?

What are you talking about? The Gospel is being read in church out loudly for everyone to hear it.

Leaving the age of prophets was a mistake. The church fathers do just as much ass pulling as pastor Jim. Strange how those worthy of interpreting scripture went from prophets chosen by God to politically powerful Romans to whoever wants to.

I think you're doing the gym wrong.

Attached: 8a428179fb85ae8fc67371fd95c5431836bfe8c5177e72d7955d45b45760a998.jpg (504x284, 54.49K)

Returning to the correct doctrine of the Bible and church fathers was explicitly the objective of the reformation
You're creating an ahistorical strawman of protestant theology where divisions are created entirely on a whim and treated as valid, and acting as if divisions among catholics hasn't been an issue in their whole history. You're also acting as if faggotry is a greater, if not exclusive, issue in protestantism versus romanism

See current polling data

Attached: Views about same-sex marriage by religious group.png (1856x1320, 244.95K)

I do it how ever I want

There have always been disagreements, the point is to stay as one Church through disagreements.

Again in agreement with the goals of the Reformation, but not relevant to the topic at hand

this chart is completely irrelevant and pretty much just protestant cope.

Attached: 1521961028626.png (1072x736, 1.16M)

The reformation is just a label, the Church is always reforming.

Catholicism is all memes

Attached: 055_popekissesKoran.jpg (400x264, 26.86K)

show me 1 (one) gay catholic wedding. pro tip: you can't. the opinions of a bunch of lukewarm cultural catholics means nothing

Embed related

thats two faggots LARPing and committing sacrilege, not a real wedding. also, there's literal hebrew in the description, this is kike bullshit

If you can't see the writing on the wall when a majority of your membership is pro-faggot it's your funeral
I'll stay in my church where we preach the whole Bible

you don't even believe that marriage is a sacrament, and yet you complain about catholics being the ones trampling the sanctity of it. the absolute state

Attached: Untitled.png (675x432, 560.75K)

I didnt make any accusation; I shared with you how self professing Catholics feel about fag marriage compared to other faiths

Whats wrong, bigot? Afraid of two gay catholic men wanting to get married in a Catholic church?

I get it if you aren't Catholic, but you can't be a Christian if you hate your brothers like that. What would the Pope do? What would Jesus do?

You don’t judge a faith by its practitioners, especially in this age.

jesus would burn them in hell for eternity, so

Mmmhm, what ever you say, crypto-prot.

Can someone give me a TL:DR of how scripture went from only a few hands to only priest to everyone having one? Something something printing press something something King James

Turning faith into a money business was an even bigger mistake.

I think the point the other user was making is just that the average "christian" regardless of denomination is not a great example of christianity.

I think images like this are misleading. There are far more Cultural Catholics who don't go to Mass or believe in Catholic doctrine than there are Cultural Evangelicals who don't go to Church on Sunday or believe in Evangelical doctrine. In other words, Evangelicals who cease being Evangelical in practice are not very likely to still identify as Evangelical, whereas it is more likely for Catholics who cease being Catholic in practice to still claim to be Catholic. Also if you take those stats as face value proof of certain denominations being better, you might as well become a Jehovah's Witness.

Love your neighbor as yourself and love God with all your power.
Christ is Lord and you better respect the apostles and Mary too.
Cultivate generosity and transcend selfishness, greed, lust and wrath.
No one withheld this from plebs. Be suspicious of Jews and false prophets.
Don't cut your penis anymore, and what defiles you is your actions and speech not what goes in your mouth, etc. Don't fornicate with your neighbors waifu…etc

Everyone who grew up in a Christian nation knew the fundamentals of the faith just by word of mouth. God doesn't test you on metaphysical knowledge of the hierarchy of the angels or the correct order of the tribulation. So prots need to chill with their silly accusations against catholics, and catholics need to chill with their idea that protestants perverted their tradition (you guys did that yourself).

Attached: a4b43a22cc900e3607d09b9222aa46f61669a4523ba19c04fff822aa06726c2a.png (265x209, 54.24K)

I'm not intending for these images to show anything besides what they statistically prove: how self-identified members of faith groups respond to various questions
prove it

Amen brother, we should throw all bibles into the fire so people can only get their beliefs from our Roman meth daddy

Attached: bergoglio.mp4 (1280x720, 6.42M)

This is basically you

Attached: IMG_3038.PNG (825x635, 39.64K)

Can confirm, across denomination was well; most Christians I know are pretty lukewarm and only go to church on occasion, except for the evangelicals at the largest church in my area.

tfw many of my coworkers and bosses are catholic
tfw they've noticed me wearing my rosary and instantly starts conversations
tfw almost all of them fell out of the faith and are catholic in name alone
tfw they still wear crosses and crucifixes despite hardly adhering to the principle behind them
tfw whenever I tell them they're welcome to come to Mass they always say they can't or don't have time
tfw such a lonely journey through faith

Attached: 11ad1bd53d8aca640c9980cea09e46e13ccbac0d70c50c2f2f60cf88b9dc56f0.png (138x153, 7.5K)

Is it really a good idea to hold up Judaizers, Polytheists, and Arians as shining torchbearers of American (since this is clearly a USA-only survey) piety?
To be honest, even if I've done it myself, I've started to grow sick of muh graphposting. Vapid grandstanding about how glorious and upright you are while everything the fathers and patriarchs built burns down around us.
As an aside
Since I presume you aren't (feel free to correct me) a high-Church Lutheran, how do you reconcile that stance with the Apostolic Fathers e.g. Ignatius of Antioch? His letter to the Smyrnaeans describes a system completely absent from much of Protestantism, especially in the Americas. Honest question.

not what I'm doing

That's a basic historical fact of the intent of the reformers. I'm not arguing proper ecclesiology.
Read the post I responded to

They didn't like how Church governance was being portrayed. The Bible tells us to obey those in power, but not to follow their actions.

If they really wanted to follow the church Fathers they wouldn't of reformed in the manner they did. Heck, Luther didn't even expect to fall out of Catholicism.

Cool narrative man
That's just not related to what I'm talking about

Sure

If it's too much for you, deary, too much self-control and too much self-discipline required to live your life without some overlord standing over you with a wooden paddle telling you what you should and should not be doing, that you cannot bear the thought of having responsibility for "working out your own salvation", that you need – desperately – to cede that to someone who'll take all the blame and responsibility for your life …

… then by all means, run back to ecclesiastical authority, run back to the priesthood of the temple, and run back to your mother's womb while you're at it.

The rest of us will follow Jacob's lead and wrestle day and night with the Lord demanding, seeking, pleading for His blessing, to live a holy life before Him.

And, yes, that will mean that we make errors, that we fight amongst ourselves because we are but human, because we mistake the laws the Spirit has imposed on our individual selves for being those universal … "meat sacrificed to idols?! Heretic!" … but, we will also be aware that that which we see now in a mirror only dimly we shall yet see in complete glory come the end of things, that it is in that very struggle to live according to His (the Spirit's) guidance that we learn, day by each day, to hear His voice. Hear His voice but faintly now, but in full glory come the end of things.

This is what you hinder.

Attached: thats-a-paddling.png (500x377, 153.45K)