Bringing the Poles into Orthodoxy

They seem like a natural first target considering the affinity with other Slavs (Russians, Serbs) who are also Orthodox, and they also have a sizeable Orthodox following already, numbering 600,000-700,000.
The times are opportune, the papists have fallen to modernism, though they will no doubt continue to fall even further, while the Orthodox churches at large have not budged an inch in their beliefs. The myriad of sexual abuse and corruption scandals have damaged the papist reputation beyond repair.
The clear advantages of Orthodoxy are: The one true faith, national church independence, priests can marry, no filioque. The disadvantages are none, apart from incuring the eternal hatred of the Vatican pedophiles, but they won't be around for long so it doesn't matter.
So Zig Forums, how do we go about bringing the Poles into Orthodoxy?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Orthodox_Church

Attached: xC3iFn_5bb72a16eb9000_47661795-tmb-750x428xfill.jpg (800x1244 42.05 KB, 463.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thetablet.co.uk/news/170/1-000-catholic-churches-in-holland-to-close-by-2025
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisak_children's_concentration_camp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How about you convert some muslims before beefing with fellow Christians, hombre?

Attached: 255b2897f30b41e51582e4f680dbe3389fc463eb6838dde77311110d1fbcc07a.jpg (143x149, 5.24K)

Lots of Turks are converting to Orthodoxy, I've heard. I think Iranians too.

plaster this image all over Poland

Attached: begome.jpg (500x385, 21.07K)

Convince them to ignore both the Scriptural and historical basis for Papal control of the Church.

I value 1 Orthodox Pole over 10 former-muslim Orthodox Middle-Easterners. Almost all of the Middle East used to be Orthodox, miaphysite, or some other Orthodox heresy, but they turned their back on Christ. I don't really care about having these flip-flopping inbreds back, I doubt anyone does.

They were literally forced to do so by muslims you evil man.

Like Acts 15, where Church matters are decided by a council, presided by James, and not Peter?

Nobody can force you to renounce Christ, they can only take your earthly life, but compared to eternal life it's worthless anyway.

Well aren't you a special little flake.

You remind me of that militant christian guy on youtube who acted all pious and strong in faith when everything was normal, then started to cry on every video when scandals started coming out in the Catholic church.
I'm willing to be you're just the exact type of hypocrite too.

Attached: 1500709695789.png (150x100, 15.91K)

Matthew 16:17-19, compare with Isaiah 22
John 21:15-17

The Catholic type? No, I'm not.
My faith is certain. I'd die in a heartbeat if I had to. This is what it means to believe, you either believe or you don't.
Maybe you should become Orthodox, friend, come to our Divine Liturgy, learn to live a Christian life, instead of reading laity apologists and fantasy authors who will make you neither pious nor wise.

James has the final say:
The Rock is Christ:
Renounce the Whore of Babylon friend, become Orthodox.

based
and christpilled

You do know that Peter literally means rock.
Jesus names Simon Peter and then says on this rock etc. In the context of Matthew 16, Jesus is refering to the worldly body of the Church, which was (as the first twelve chapters of Acts clearly shows) was done by St. Peter.
The one "drunk with the blood of the saints"? Now (((who))) could that possibly be? Perhaps the (((people))) who both killed the Lord Jesus, and the prophets, and have persecuted the Church, and are adversaries to all men.?

Everybody knows Peter means rock, there's only so many names to go around, but "the rock" is the confession of faith in Jesus Christ:
While Matthew 16:18 can be vague in isolation, given the context of the previous verses and the rest of the Bible like Acts 15 it's clear that papal supremacy is nonsense. If Mt. 16:18 truly had the importance that papists think it does, Christ would've said "upon you I will build my church", or "upon your rock", or something unambiguous, but he didn't.
Babylon is clearly Rome:
There are no seven mountains for International Jewry, and considering how many Orthodox people the Catholic church has murdered, it's very much "drunken with the blood of the saints".

"No!"

Attached: d45767454c919462a0bc2a1558749c0f6b45bd88452d7fbe01bb5a45f81ccdd5.jpg (789x584, 40.7K)

Does not the Orthodox Church have blood on its hands too?

You'd only dream to get on a level of a good Catholic.
Your faith is cold and based on superiority, therefore you seek dominion over other Christians, as you demean Catholicism on a prime basis, instead of waging battle against heretics against God like muslims, mormons and other heathen scum.
Every fool that has ever said this is just a coward.
Just to note, those fantasy authors and apologists have converted more people than your, and solely yours alone, entire bullish Orthodoxy scam.
A stone like you has no idea what either is.

All in all, you're literally a baby level larper and bring shame to Orthodoxy with your fake piety.
Go read some Dostoevsky before even thinking to consider yourself a preacher.

Revelation 11:8
and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city that symbolically is called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified.
TIL Jesus was crucified in rome
Babylon is Jerusalem

It actually doesn't.

This is the one thing I would pray for not to get, neither for myself nor for anyone else.
The whore of Babylon is the greatest heretic against God.
I've read The Idiot, good book, it's very anti-Catholic.

That doesn't refer to the Whore of Babylon, but "Sodom and Egypt".
Revelation 17 is Whore of Babylon.

Read it again:
and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the GREAT CITY that symbolically is called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified.
Rev 17:18
The woman you saw is the GREAT CITY that rules over the kings of the earth.”

Yes, there are several GREAT CITIES in the world.

I wonder what actual Poles have to say about this. They seem to really love Catholicism, it’s very much intergraded into their history and culture. That would be the equivalent of convincing the entirety of Russia and Serbia to convert to Catholicism, if you understand me.

Also doesn’t Poland have a better affinity with Hungary and Lithuania, who are Catholic?

You…do realize that Orthodoxy puts far greater emphasis on laity than Catholics, right? Not only regarding theology but to the point that you cannot perform liturgy without lay people? And even councils following decision of laity and renouncing certain decisions like it happened after Council of Florence?
And fantasy authors are not a Catholic thing, but Anglo and they were great people.
t. Orthodox fa/tg/uy

I doubt anyone really loves Catholicism, apart from the Catholic clergy themselves. I've met Poles who hate the Pope for his specifically Catholic attributes, though they were atheists.

Of course the laity is important, it's just that if someone wants to dedicate himself to Christian writing he should become a monastic. The mysteries of the faith are deep and difficult, they're not a part-time occupation.

If you can doubt people really loving Catholicism, then I also doubt people truly love Orthodoxy.

Catholics Churches are being demolished by the thousands across Europe and North America because they're empty. Meanwhile Orthodox churches are being built.

By the thousands are an over statement. And the places they’re being demolished are plagued with secularism. Not every Catholic country is plagued by it.

basically catholicism allowed our ancestors not get germanized in the past

lel
thetablet.co.uk/news/170/1-000-catholic-churches-in-holland-to-close-by-2025

Catholicism sold your land to the Germans to begin with, all the while sending you to fight against Orthodox Russia. If it wasn't for Orthodox Russia and Serbia liberating you from Germany in two world wars you wouldn't exist today.

tell me more

Oh? That is strange. I suppose St. Andrew Bobola, St. Josaphat, the Catholics at Constantinople in 1182, Juraj Gospodnetić, Waldemar Maximilian Nestor, the Martyrs of Bet Maroun Monastery, the Martyrs of Prautlin, Bl. Theodore Romzha, Bl. Pavel Peter Gojdič, Bl. Basil Hopko, etc., etc., just killed themselves, no?

Wrong again. Mere existence of Vladimir Lossky disapproves your thesis. Your attitude is far closer to Catholicism than you think.. I am becoming convinced that you trully are a larper.

First pic is Poland in 900, before Catholicism.
Second pic (only dark purple and blue area) is Poland in 1500, after 600 years of Catholicism.
Third pic is Poland in 1800, after 900 years of Catholicism. There is no third pic.
You got tricked by the Catholic Pope who was a German (HRE) puppet.

Attached: polandc1500.gif (1024x1011 28.03 KB, 644.21K)

Oh yes, the Netherlands, not only a country whose Protestant but secular too. Try finding a Catholic Church shuttling down in Malta.

How do your handful of Catholic priests supposed killed by Serbian Chetniks during ww2 compare to 700.000 Serbian Orthodox civilians murdered by the Croatian Catholic government?

You Catholics even had a concentration camp for children, absolutely sick.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisak_children's_concentration_camp

Attached: Children_in_Sisak_concentration_camp.jpg (800x896, 114.11K)

Oh yes, they were very liberating.

All Eastern Europeans suffered communism. If it was for your German Catholic "brothers in Christ" you wouldn't exist at all, not even as a people.

Lying will get you no where.

inb4 blame shifting

What lying? It says concentration camp for children in the first sentence:

The people who declared war weren’t Catholic. Don’t mix the soldier with the commander.

Really, tell me the part where it was run by the Holy See.

Pretty much.
And Poles are pretty ok with the orthodox in their country, and have good relations with orthodox countries(except Russia, because duh).

Duda even sent us an Easter greeting.

Imo, both of us have way bigger "targets".

The rulers who stole your land from 900-1500 were Catholic, and the rulers who divided you in 1800 were Catholic too.

Tell me the part where the killing of your "Catholic martyrs" was run by the Orthodox church. All of them were rulers and governments sanctioned by their respective churches, our Orthodox crimes are negligible, your Catholic crimes are heinous.

True, but OP can’t seem to see it.

The Ustashe was indeed a horrible regime.

It’s not about comparison. I do not blame the Orthodox Church for their martyrdom. The fact of the matter is that the People of God, whether you believe they are the Orthodox or Catholic, do sin. If you blame the Catholic Church for the actions of its members, is it any different to blame the Orthodox Church for the actions of its members?
This is not mentioning non-Christian and non-Cathodox persecution committed by both Churches.

In any case, I think the best course of action is to pursue sincere reconciliation and forgiveness for these sins.

Attached: BDBDD827-A2F2-40B5-86E7-E752BBAC6FF1.jpeg (314x468, 44.32K)

So are Czechs, Slovaks and Croatians, but all of them are catholic. And Poland is the nation who has the single worst relationship with Russia among those. Russia still refuses to hand over the Smolensk catastrophe plane wreck and embargoed Polish food recently. It's not gonna happen, no matter how you look at it.
Those are almost exclusively Ukrainian immigrants.

They did these things not for Catholic reasons, but solely for political. Also I never said that the USSR government was Orthodox, nor any crime they committed was in the name of it. Heck, take one good look at what they did too Ukraine.

No sin is truly negligible.

It is a matter of principle that papism is a lie and leads to certain damnation. All the historical facts are but the rotten fruits of this most rotten tree. There is nothing to forgive because papism won't change, it's faulty and must fall before Orthodoxy.

Your wrath towards Catholics is affecting your views. Trust me, I would prefer if Orthodox people became Catholic, but I would go as far as to say they’re rotten nor wish harm upon them.

I hope and pray that you see the Truth, and I hope that you pray to God for me.

Peace be with you.

Attached: 069ECD4C-CCFC-4E85-8ACD-75CFCCCDB938.jpeg (1211x1600, 340.43K)

I will pray that you become Orthodox, though I doubt it will work because God never grants things contrary to one's own wish.

why is every other easterner so toxic towards the vatican
am I the only one that's like cool w/ the papacy and the latins

OrthoLARPers mostly.

I am not a Cathoboo, and I dislike some parts of it, like scholasticism, but I am generally positive towards them.
To be frank, I dislike hate threads here in general, be it against Catholics or Protestants. I just want everyone to be happy and friendly and loving eachother, like true sons of God should.

Attached: retarded pepe.png (656x755, 38.81K)

It’s fine user, remember to never put your faith onto people. There is still decent people here, like you.

1. Poland and russia (written in low key for purpose) are natural born enemies
2. People who dislike or hate Catholicism here do it for reasons like sexual morality, having to go to church evey sunday, being atheists or similar, not because they think there are no theological reasons for papal supremacy or this type of things. So they won't suddenly start loving Orthodox who in this regard is basically the same.

well liberated, my friend xDDDD

double digit IQ post
those are borders from 1025 which the picture states

Attached: liberator_blues.webm (736x1075 23.81 KB, 102.13K)

sage

The same holy orthodox russia that enslaved Poland for centuries and even tried to kill its name? Yeah, they really have an affinity.

If you want to convert someone to Orthodoxy why don't you try to be Orthodox instead of a pathetic edgy tryhard?

forgot to sage this terrible thread

It's literally what I got in Google for "Poland Germany border 900". I don't care about the details, the fact remains that your pope sold you out to the Germans, all the while sending you to die fighting Orthodox Russia. Nobody of you pope-loving Poles has yet answered how Germany managed to grab Brandenburg, Pomerania and Prussia, and depopulate it, while your pope did nothing about it.
Maybe those are the crimes you should focus on, not the commies, because the commies did a 100 times more terrible things in Russia itself.

Nobody submits to anybody in Orthodoxy, only to God. It's not like Catholicism, in Orthodoxy everyone has his own national church.

this thread needs to be erased from the catalog tbh