Do you know that God won’t stop trying to save you unless you tell him to?

God loves you, more than you could ever know. It took me getting into Hare Krishna and Sikhism to realize that God doesn’t want perfect people, or impeccable rituals, but desires a true heart that’s just trying the best it can, and that Jesus will never abandon me even when I abandon him. I promise to try to do better, and that if some Hindus can starve themselves to death because they love their false idols, the least I could do is make an effort to give up sin for Jesus.

Attached: D23762EE-FC67-400D-AB1A-D88C2AE7A69F.jpeg (1280x850 193.35 KB, 540.97K)

That second pic is undeniably works salvation

Attached: 1513363691470.png (862x855, 79.91K)

KEEP THESE THREE THINGS AND YOU WILL BE SAVED

Thanks for ruining the thread.

Attached: A33EBECA-2B02-4137-8F60-4DBB236EC534.png (640x480, 290.27K)

If it will make anything better, Your thread cheered me up.
So thank you.

Attached: 1530732506072.gif (487x560, 898.5K)

Why didn’t God save them?

Attached: C0832A58-DDC7-4F94-BBD0-7815C37E321D.jpeg (1242x1874, 966.55K)

Because they are conducive to faith.

He did. Did you not read the headline?

You’re welcome. I guess I should expect Trolls from all denoms will try to nitpick anything posted here. We’re so caught up in calling out heresy, we don’t know what to do when there’s something that try’s to be encouraging.

Identifying a false gospel is not nitpicking

Exactly. So why are you following something the Jews conned Martin Luther into believing?

If by "the Jews" you mean the Apostle Paul, because it's God's inerrant word

“What do you mean we have to endure in our faith? Sounds like a bunch of Catholic nonsense to me! OSAS, Boi! This totally isn’t the same as Sabbatian Frankism!”

cringe

You’re right. I ruined this thread, and let myself get carried away. I hope God blesses us both, and may our understanding of the faith grow with each passing day.

Here’s an image to make up for this thread sliding faster than a greased pig down a water slide.

Attached: E8A5D75F-85FD-4F6C-B64A-7C7B4228EAF5.jpeg (600x428, 55.73K)

Were they not praying hard enough for the first 9 years?

Romans 2:6 "God will repay each according to his deeds"

Are you defending the position of works salvation?
How do you square it with Eph 2:8-9?

Thanks for tearing down the thread with your, heresy, protestant.

Attached: e24b82d801c31baee61ccdf5746933f9bc045ee0744146ba6663e794e63f43b2.gif (500x500, 5.24M)

It has nothing to do with that. Bad things happen to good people all the time (read Job and Ecclesiastes) doesn't mean faith ought to be discarded.

Besides the humans assigned to their case needed time to give them a proper rescue. Instead of blaming God blame the evil person that committed the horrendous act agianst these women.

If you think you could have rescued these damsels faster than the authorities than YOU should join them so women like them can be saved faster.

Attached: meme.jpg (500x562, 45.03K)

There is no "try" for God, there is only "do"; what he wills he does and what he does he wills and everything happens (and is happening) according to his plan.

The whole "God threw you life lines and you didn't respond" thing is absurd, his lifelines are omnipotent and perfectly made for you, knowing what you respond to and what you won't respond to. If Satan can succeed in tempting you with Big Juicy Breasts surely God can save you with his Godly tricks? No?

Thanks OP. At times I wondered why I kept being pulled toward goodness, when for a long time I only desired sin.

Attached: 143245356465455.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

Jesus: Be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect.

I think this is true but I don't know why God puts bad people in my life that harms me since I was a kid.

God doesn’t put bad people in your life, or rather he himself doesn’t do it. Rather, he takes what Satan has done and uses it for good.
“As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive.” - The Patriarch Joseph, Genesis 50:20
I will never be able to tell you that you didn’t do through bad shit, but just know God will turn it into something that will help you and/or other people out in the future.

Because he has great things planned for you: he wants to make you a great saint and knows you are capable of it. Some people he knows cannot handle chastisement so allows them an easier path with less glory in heaven but for others he plans their options are to either be great saints or great sinners

God will only abide with someone who loves him. if what you are saying is true, everybody would be Christian, because God would convince everyone that his was was correct in the exact way that would appeal to them. If there’s one thing I learned from Sikhism, it’s that God (and Satan mimicking him) doesn’t need to change his methods or his church to appeal
to you, it’s that when the time comes, you will be made ready to accept him on his terms. thats why VII and Protestantism doesn’t make sense to me, although to be fair my mother church, The GOARCH, is becoming more liberal too

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Are you preaching universalism? That’s not only heresy, it misses the fact that sinners will WANT to be in hell, seeing God as repugnant in thier delusion.

I found this awesome quote by a Christian mystic who was a convert from Sikhism. It’s something we can all take to heart.

Attached: E170F3D6-BF12-4106-A57D-4C944B80B5DD.png (600x600, 44.61K)

Something OP's quotes forget to mention is that, sure, God does not expect us to fill in checkboxes and be saved based off that. As He told Paul, it is in weakness that He is glorified, so expecting absolute ritual or even moral pefection from the get go is wrong. The saints were saints not because they showed off with great and excessive shows of power and ascetecism but because of their immense humility and because they believed that themselves, first of all, were the worst of sinners.

However, it is impossible to please God if one is a heretic, that is, one who does not hold the true faith. As St Abba Agatho said, heresy is to be separated from God. As several saints say, notably St Maximus the Confessor, there are two types of grace of God, calling grace and saving grace, and calling grace affects all people and calls them to the Orthodox Church, the only place where they can receive God's saving grace and escape Hell.
St Paisios is not wrong but let's remember here that this only concerns Orthodox Christians. Those who are not Orthodox do not have and cannot have any philotimo in the sense St Paul uses it (which is labour toward seeking God and doing holy works, more or less). They are heretics or even non-Christians and will go to Hell unless they convert to Orthodoxy, they will not find God unless they seek him in the Orthodox Church, and nothing they can do can please God.

OP here. You’re right, heresy separates us from God, but this post was meant more for Christians who struggle with trying to keep every commandant and please their inborn legalism. God doesn’t care about the act in and of itself, but the reason and feeling behind it.

Most people here aren't Orthodox so it does not matter if they try to follow their confession of faith's legalistic commandments or not - they cannot be saved if they remain there.
I just wanted to clarify this, as I'm sure there are Catholics and Protestants here who think that what St Paisios is saying can apply to them even if they don't convert.

That's not how we should be viewing things:

They weren't rescued by anyone assigned to the missing-persons cases. The guy who kidnapped them decided not to lock the door on his way out one day and a woman ran outside and found a neighbor to call the police. Again, God had 10 years to save them, to stop the torture, etc. God sits back and looks with apathy at human suffering.

Damn spics