Do you think it's a sin to wish or at least feel happy about someone being in hell?

Luis Campbell
Luis Campbell

I mean the scum who tortured and murdered Junko Furuta are apparently still proud and unrepentant about their deeds (except one of them) and at least I wouldn't feel sad if they end up in hell

Attached: IMG-20180315-WA0003.jpg (46.03 KB, 683x489)

All urls found in this thread:

plus.google.com/106810360482044631266
thegospelcoalition.org/article/should-we-pray-the-imprecatory-psalms/
gotquestions.org/imprecatory-psalms.html

Sebastian Bailey
Sebastian Bailey

pagans

Bentley Reyes
Bentley Reyes

I wouldn't think it's a sin. Jesus calls us to love thy enemy and turn another cheek so that they can see the light themselves and have their souls saved. Those committed to needlessly undermine their fellow human being to the very end have only forfeited their own salvation.

Kayden Perez
Kayden Perez

Its sad they became evil in first place though

Lincoln Bennett
Lincoln Bennett

The scum of the Earth. I cannot blame you for yearning for justice to be served against these people. They didn't even get a life sentence. I would like to see them repent and turn to Christ, but otherwise, let God's will be done. They will be judged in due time.

◄ Romans 12:19 ►
Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I Will Repay," says the Lord.

Attached: 425c2433990ee8d5573de2930b522d0017990c138f48dc42fab48197a8fe8432.png (315.85 KB, 620x609)

David Ortiz
David Ortiz

Psalm 58:10-11
The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance;
He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked,
So that men will say,
“Surely there is a reward for the righteous;
Surely He is God who judges in the earth.”

Jason Baker
Jason Baker

wow i`ve never heard of this case before. I was on the fence about the death penalty but it is absolutely needed even if rarely used for cases like this. I am pretty sure if i ever met any of the men who did this i would kill them myself and just accept whatever consequences that would entail. This has seriously disturbed me, i thought i'd heard it all but this…

Kayden Bailey
Kayden Bailey

It is a sin if you are happy that they are going to be damned and wish them to never repent.
It's not a sin I would say that it's a virtue to be happy that they are going to receive their just punishment

Unless, of course, you don't believe in purgatory and the only way for you to be happy about justice being served is by rejoycing in their damnation. Then I have no answer for you except BEGOME GADOLIG

Angel Harris
Angel Harris

Yes. You should feel remorse that they have chosen wickedness over Godliness. Just don't be a pushover about it. Having a "glad he's burning" attitude is destructive to your own heart. There are a handful of prayers that mention something like this; to paraphrase "Lord forgive me, and help those I may have offended or harmed that they may not be damned over it".

It's good to get angry, to seek justice; but justice belongs ultimately to Christ. Do not hate.

William Morgan
William Morgan

You should see the manga.

Jacob Martinez
Jacob Martinez

i don't need to know this exists

Owen Ortiz
Owen Ortiz

It exists as a tribute, telling her story. It stays true to the actual events, but it's respectful to the victim. It is a truly difficult read, but it is a lot better than the movie.

Andrew Hall
Andrew Hall

fail minor task
seppuku
Why do bagans do this? Is it because they have no purpose other than what people tell them to do?

Sebastian Torres
Sebastian Torres

What the winnie the pooh are you trying to say

Dominic Campbell
Dominic Campbell

You can certainly be happy that they can't do any harm anymore. Like how in the Orthodox Church we have a feast for the death of Arius.
But desiring anguish is just effeminate and childish.

They will realize they are wrong when they die, for sure. And will suffer a lot due to it. You should feel happy that they will realize they are wrong, because that's a good thing.
Not feel good about the consequences of that realization. Otherwise it's just torture to fulfill your passions.

Owen Powell
Owen Powell

Serious question. I don't know what religion she was, but considering she's Japanese, I can assume it is not Christianity. What are the chances she's in Hell? Not even trying to justify the criminals, what they did is proof that evil is a bottomless pit of hatred.

Ryder Phillips
Ryder Phillips

Justice is good, but that's up to big G.

Austin Gray
Austin Gray

If they can't do anything right and are just a burden to those around them, the least they can do (in their eyes) is remove themselves and trouble others no more.

God is fair and merciful to all. I pray that she is in a much better place, but there really is no way to know at the moment.

Jaxson Adams
Jaxson Adams

if its okay for god to send people to hell, its okay for us to be glad about it as well. evil people get what they deserve, it is just, and it is good to be happy about justice. wanting someone to burn in hell simply because you don't like them is bad tho obviously and it would be better if people just repented, but they won't

Dylan Ortiz
Dylan Ortiz

You can certainly be happy that they can't do any harm anymore
They're out of prison now.

Liam Bennett
Liam Bennett

apparently still proud and unrepentant about their deeds
Proofs?

Do you think it's a sin to wish or at least feel happy about someone being in hell?
While we should LONG for the day when the Lord of all brings justice to the wicked, and mercy and healing to the victims – this isn't banter, we should long for that day – perhaps a better question, OP, is whether you, or Junko, or Pol Pot's victims, can forgive those who perpetrated such abominable sins? For if you cannot, you may just end-up joining them in the very hell you wish for them.

Also, it is worth noting that every society has sores that pus and bleed like these four. Make no mistake, the callous and cruel within a society are an indictment on that society as a whole, something about its culture, its values, are crippled, twisted. Just as a pustule indicates an blood infection, these boys are indicative of a deeper sickness in Japan – indeed the entire Yakuza are – something Japan does not want to face, refuses to even look at from the corner of its collective eye. Maybe it's done now (this was the 80s), but always look for such things. Those old fairy tales about how nature seemed to rot in a kingdom misruled aren't just metaphor.

Attached: mt6;15.jpg (245.28 KB, 960x960)

Jacob Garcia
Jacob Garcia

You should feel happy that they will realize they are wrong, because that's a good thing.
How can it be a good thing unless they can repen…-
You're that orthonut who insists on universal salvation, yes? That the hell-bound will bask in the same light of God as we do, but for them it will be hell, but it will transform them until even Stalin will one day turn to God, right?

You're aware none of that is supported by scripture, right?

Josiah Myers
Josiah Myers

I'd like to think Christ would let Junko Furuta into heaven

Attached: 1544140126215.jpg (84.42 KB, 968x928)

Jaxson Taylor
Jaxson Taylor

Neutral Milk Hotel starts playing

Gabriel Russell
Gabriel Russell

Three of them got arrested for other crimes and got caught boasting about what they've done. They're scumbags worth not living.

The other one seems to be actually repentant though.

Sebastian Mitchell
Sebastian Mitchell

Also if this is against the rule delete this but the leader of the piece of shit have a google+ account

plus.google.com/106810360482044631266

I hope this cunt suffers a excruciating death

Jack Cooper
Jack Cooper

What do you mean?

Henry Flores
Henry Flores

Approximately 100 people knew about Junko Furuta's captivity, but either did nothing about it or themselves participated in the torture and murder.
they're in hell for sure.

I would like to see them repent and turn to Christ
Prior to their deeds sure, after their deeds, nah. No loop holes or escape schemes for them, only pure holy fire forever and ever, and ever.

Attached: G1.jpg (12.36 KB, 362x220)

Henry Lee
Henry Lee

It depends what hell is like. If it is literal torture, of the same type Junko Furuta suffered or worse? Only, unlike her torment (which was bad enough), it lasts not 100 years, or even 1000 years, but literally forever? Think about that, a million years is not even a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. I would not wish that on anyone. I would wish that whatever punishment they get would be corrective in some way with the intent of making them understand the horror of what they did and repent, and if that is not possible to just make them cease to exist. Knowing bad people are going to be tortured forever is not a comforting thought to me, personally. But I won't question God, He can do what He wants with them.

Jose Brown
Jose Brown

Approximately 100 people knew about Junko Furuta's captivity, but either did nothing about it or themselves participated in the torture and murder.
Likely because they didn't want the same thing happening to them because of their connections. Still make them terrible people

Prior to their deeds sure, after their deeds, nah. No loop holes or escape schemes for them, only pure holy fire forever and ever, and ever.
One of them actually did repent, the least complicit of four. Not sure if he became Christian but whatever.

Matthew Moore
Matthew Moore

She was known to be popular and good looking, which made some of her classmates envious.
However, she was looked down upon by the "gangster-like" teenagers since she refrained from smoking, drinking alcohol and drug usage. Hiroshi Miyano (now Hiroshi Yokoyama), a known school bully with connections to the Yakuza, had a crush on Furuta but she turned him down since she was not looking for a relationship. With the exception of Furuta, nobody dared to oppose Miyano due to his Yakuza connections.

tfw her only crime was being virturous

Attached: 1538624980079.jpg (22.04 KB, 375x600)
Attached: 1538626088125.jpg (10.11 KB, 276x182)

Landon Myers
Landon Myers

this only makes sense in a theistic worldview, where evil gets extinguished and punished and the innocent gets regenerated.

Attached: Leinyana.png (24.96 KB, 90x91)

Kayden Wright
Kayden Wright

What about

Gabriel Johnson
Gabriel Johnson

Much on the contrary, while it's good to wish they repented, it's perfectly fine and great to delight that the truly damned are indeed damned and suffering eternally. That's why God allowed the reprobate to be created, because it is more beautiful than everyone being just in Heaven. This is actually the teaching of the church.

God knew before creating the reprobate that they would be reprobates. Why did God create them then? Because justice is beautiful and seeing those reprobates burn for eternity is pleasure and beauty for the saints in heaven.

Jaxon Carter
Jaxon Carter

Psalm 58
thegospelcoalition.org/article/should-we-pray-the-imprecatory-psalms/
gotquestions.org/imprecatory-psalms.html
First, we must recognize God’s sovereignty in acting out his own justice on evil. To be sure, until that judgment, Jesus commands us to love our enemies, to pray for them, even to bless them (Luke 6:27-28; Rom. 12:20; 1 Pet. 3:9). Jesus spoke more about love than bearing the sword (Matt. 10:34-35; Luke 12:51-53). In similar fashion, Paul instructed Christians to “bless and do not curse” our persecutors (Rom. 12:14).
Second, we must distinguish between cursing our personal enemies ourselves (Col. 3:8) and calling upon God to curse his enemies. This distinction is evident in Romans 12:14. While Paul instructs us not to curse others, he does not prohibit asking God to pour out his justice.
I'm sure you have church fathers/doctors who can tell you the same thing.
Imprecatory Psalms are an emotional cry out to God for HIS will to be done, HIS judgement to be rendered, not ours. HE will judge. We ought only love and forgive and trust in His justice.

The important point is that God will right the world – we must eagerly wait for that day.

Attached: imprecatory-psalm.png (51.42 KB, 750x689)

Tyler Jones
Tyler Jones

posts some random japanese person's g+

Ryan Wright
Ryan Wright

Wish for their repentance. When they do, the weight of their sins will become clear to them and under it they will atone, and bigger the trespass, the more they will suffer (righteously) for that atonement of theirs.

Matthew Cook
Matthew Cook

One interesting thing about this case was that she had to suffer exactly 40 days. I don't think it's coincidence.

Gavin Watson
Gavin Watson

I LOOOOOVE YOUU JEEESUS CHRIIIIST

Wyatt Allen
Wyatt Allen

The mods of this board literally tell lies about people and publically use the lies to slander and attack others. This is a fact. They arent christian they are liars and slanderous to the point of larp pagan you've all been warned. This is fact swear on my 5 bibles.ioiiiipo

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit