Hundreds of allegations in independent fundamentalist Baptist churches across USA…

Hundreds of allegations in independent fundamentalist Baptist churches across USA…
"I see a culture where pastoral authority is taken to a level that's beyond what the Scripture teaches,''

archive.today/2018.12.10-204304/https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article222576310.html

Joy Evans Ryder was 15 years old when she says her church youth director pinned her to his office floor and raped her. “It’s OK. It’s OK,” he told her. “You don’t have to be afraid of anything.” He straddled her with his knees, and she looked off into the corner, crying and thinking, “This isn’t how my mom said it was supposed to be.” The youth director, Dave Hyles, was the son of the charismatic pastor of First Baptist Church of Hammond, Indiana, considered at the time the flagship for thousands of loosely affiliated independent fundamental Baptist churches and universities. At least three other teen girls would accuse Hyles of sexual misconduct, but he never faced charges or even sat for a police interview related to the accusations.

For decades, women and children have faced rampant sexual abuse while worshiping at independent fundamental Baptist churches around the country. ``It's a philosophy - it's flawed, said Stacey Shiflett, an independent fundamental Baptist pastor in Dundalk, Maryland. The Star-Telegram discovered at least 412 allegations of sexual misconduct in 187 independent fundamental Baptist churches and their affiliated institutions, spanning 40 states and Canada. A music minister molested a 15-year-old girl in North Carolina and moved to another church in Florida. Another girl's parents stood in front of their Connecticut congregation to acknowledge their daughter's ``sin after she was abused by her youth pastor, beginning at 16. To understand how this systemic, widespread abuse could happen again and again, some former members say it is necessary to understand the cult-like power of many independent fundamental Baptist churches and the constant pressure not to question pastors - or ever leave the church.''

Attached: IFB-main.jpg (800x450, 369.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chick.com/products/tract?stk=0074
biblehub.com/commentaries/matthew/26-26.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only hundreds? You gotta pump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers

Attached: A0B8373B-4704-4CA0-93DE-AC0CC12699A4.jpeg (1200x1515, 182.3K)

First impressions from skimming over their map:

Attached: 1655E17A-2789-4825-BC0F-97C8995D1841.png (400x400, 10.68K)

Hmm it's almost like people are sinful and this shit happens everywhere people exist.

Now we just need to wonder why satanic jews in the media dont report on this happening in other denominations, but will mercilessly attack the Catholic Church.

Well, no shit.
This is what I have been saying is the case and the core reason why cathbro priests have been guilty of so much of this shit, too.
So, little wonder IFB churches – whose pastors are demi-gods, authority-wise – have a problem, too.

See, this is what church discipline is meant to be all about. 'Cuz I cannot believe she is the only victim. Rapists think of rape like Duff Beers – you can never stop at one. Or that other IFB's don't have a more widespread issue than one victim.
So, where are the elders in all this? Too scared to divide the congregation (or simply losing their positions) by taking on "the big man" and his raping son.

< #thingsThatHappenWhenBiblicalChurchCultureIsntPracticed

Also, this:
>Another girl's parents stood in front of their Connecticut congregation to acknowledge their daughter's ``sin after she was abused by her youth pastor, beginning at 16.
… is utter bullshit unless they have proof she was a willing participant.

I lol'd

Attached: church-discipline-flowchart.jpg (1275x1800, 423.64K)

That's a good rule in general. For what its worth, I've observed the children of pastors to be unusually vile people. You almost have to have your guard up twice as much around certain types of "church people".

KEK.

I wonder (((why))) user.
Maybe because those stupid catholics don't allow priests to have sex and people to use condoms and be gay and free.

Based pastor Anderson he is right about something
Polite sage

>739525
That IS a good principle. Go team vitamin K.

Mmm, I think it depends on the tradition. But also on the quality of the man who is the pastor. If he's not raising his kids properly …
I think if people are all deferential to the pastor, their kids will cop the crumbs of that, and no kid can grow up being told every fart they produce is "God's goodness" and not turn into an undisciplined shit. Fathers should bring them into line, but if dad's too busy building his business congregation, vile and unprincipled poohs will result. Look at the constant stream of pooh being reported in the Korean press about children of chaebol owners (essentially the modern princes), like that woman who wanted the plane to turn around, dagnammit, because she couldn't get her macadamia nuts on a plate. Did they know who she was? Did they want to keep their jobs? etc …

Phew! say the Cathbros, pastors kids are at least this is ONE problem we won't have.

Power corrupts. And in kids, it produces monsters. So concludes my argument against monarchical systems of government, mister speaker.

Attached: 1455940529965-2.jpg (902x1201, 704.5K)

Attached: 1283D7AD-74D6-44E9-9C67-5E8B991CF7D8.jpeg (1038x675, 285.9K)

As much as things like this sicken me, I am not surprised when it happens. And I also don't understand how these things are so readily used against us (Christians in general) as examples of hypocrisy when it is atheists who insist that humans are not in need of a saviour. We told you humans were fallen. Our churches are made up of these fallen people.

The problem with these instances in IFB churches is a lot of them, with their insistence on personal holiness, aren't recognising the two-way street. Gravely sinful priests are a danger, but they can still deliver valid sacraments. Gravely sinful pastors should be done. They have no more authority.

I don't think it is the conspiracy you may think. Sure, some of it has to do with the Catholic church's power (historically and contemporaneously). But I think the Catholic church's unity is what makes it uniquely easy to attack. Yeah, there are all these abuse cases in IFB churches, but if you are IFB, you can just say "it didn't happen in my church." Catholics are forced to answer for what happens in the worldwide Catholic church.

Is Tempe safe?

This is what happens when you turn the pastor into a mini-pope

Kek

Yes unless you're an unrepentant and unironic sodomite, than no, but for different reasons than the topic

"I'm sucking dicks but I'm doing it ironically"

Fr Martin would be proud

Attached: RoH7XxGnTG.jpg (400x400, 97.11K)

Oh they do.
The press constantly shits on the Orthodox churches in E. Europe, or on american evangelicals.

Ah, yes, that idiotic CIDF tactic of "our child rape levels are within normal parameters. Move along, citizen, nothing to see"

No, man, you fags def. have a problem with this shit.
You just need to admit it, and implement reforms like St. Peter Damian's, 1000 years ago, or enforce strict rules on how children and adult should interact, that were made strictly to oppose pedophilia, like you did in the Middle Ages.

Logic demands attacks on American evangelists. Not just because they are dragging souls to hell but because they are winnie the pooh lunatics.

Hi I'm an American evangelist. Please attack me with logic and tell me why I'm dragging people to hell and a lunatic

you're doing it with all your heresies

What are they?

not believing in the real presence int he eucharist is the big one

Because I don't believe in communion as a sacrament to be saved, and I don't teach it, I'm a lunatic who drags people to hell?

This is what they actually believe. They think if you don't literally worship a piece of bread as God (in reality the least Christian thing you could possibly do), you're not a Christian.

Logic demands that you go to confession for promoting hate against what your church believes to be your brothers and sisters in Christ.

yes

Yes.

Wtf is this religious relativism?
Just because someone says I believe in Jesus they are Christian now?
I take normal prots to be Christians but evangelicals are in a new level of heresy. Together with the pentecostals they are cults made to scam or drag people to hell.

And not to forget those evangelists who are modalists or even worse.

its not a piece of bread, it's the literal body of jesus.

AS A FELLOW CHRISTIAN I DEMAND THAT MY INTERPRETATION OF Luke 22:19 BE ACCEPTED, "THIS IS MY BODY" MEANING THAT THIS IS JESUS CHRIST'S BODY IS WHAT MY BIBLICAL INTERPRETATION TELLS ME.

Then they ask us why we call them lunatics.
But this one is just the top of the iceberg, since many prots also that that bait.

If your personal interpretation is the same of Cathodoxs you aren't a Christian lad. Personal interpretation is OK as long as it is different from the papist one.

lol
and wtf are you even saying about john 6? john 6 BTFO's protestants. you are the devils, like judas.

Your church literally does not teach that. Go to confession.

61But Jesus, conscious that His disciples grumbled at this, said to them, “Does this cause you to stumble?

62“What then if you see the Son of Man ascending to where He was before?

63“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

jesus' dead flesh separated from his spirit would profit nothing. they thought he was saying that they were going to literally have to eat his dead body. the body of christ in the eucharist is his living body, i.e. not dead, i.e. not separated from his spirit (the definition of death.) he was saying that they would see him ascend into heaven with his body, and that they wouldn't have to eat his dead corpse.

You're both schizos tbh

It is a piece of bread. Stop believing any delusion your priest spouts.

Why do you call Christ a liar? He cannot lie.

chick.com/products/tract?stk=0074

Who is your master? Jack Chick or Jesus Christ?

Jesus Christ, which is why I refuse to join you in making the pope of Rome my master.

Don't change the topic; the Eucharist is the Body of Jesus Christ, as He Himself decreed.

Listen here carefully user:
lol??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Attached: Slav_Alchemy.webm (640x352, 2.14M)

I was answering the question you asked, you fool
The flesh profiteth nothing

You did not, you changed the topic to the issue of the Pope.

Let me re-ask, why do you call Jesus Christ a liar?

He said "This is my Body". Why do you say otherwise?

That's how metaphors work

funny how you just ignored my response to this>>739884

The flesh profiteth nothing.

Also this pic related is pretty kek-worthy

Attached: kekkles-the-klown-sm.jpg (210x255, 17.2K)

"This is my Body", is not a metaphor. No Apostle, or Church Father ever taught this. Who taught you this?

Because it's heretical. If you say the Flesh profiteth nothing, in this case, the Eucharist, then you must claim that the Passion of Jesus Christ is null and void.

It's obviously false.

I'm not defending anything but why are you surprised when sinful people sin? You're making it out as if the whole Catholic faith is at fault whenever an adult abuses a child. It's pretty clear where your intentions lay

Every evangelical ever
Everyone who protested saceamentalism in the ancient church
Transubstantiation wasn't Catholic doctrine until 1551

biblehub.com/commentaries/matthew/26-26.htm

Barnes

who cares

who cares

doctrine isn't a new teaching, it's a solidification and solemn reinforcement of a teaching. the sanctity of marriage also wasn't re-affirmed until the Reformation.

who?

Time's up, you got your 3 denials.

Well what do you know. An organisation containing child abuse and rapists.

Attached: hereIam.jpg (750x864, 82.39K)

Lol lad. I was being ironic.

winnie the pooh I made a shit storm.
I though it was easy to stop the irony.
No prot on their sane mind would quote John 6 and then say real presence is false.

John 6:56
For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed.
This is a metaphor guyz
Funny thing everytime the bible disagrees with you prots it's always a metaphor. I guess Matthew 16:18 is a metaphor as well, James 2 etc.

I am a lapsed Cath…I am sorry for the victims, but still: Matthew 7:3-5
Us Caths should shut up and fix their own mess first and foremost. Sorry if I am a bit blunt, but there's no way to sweeten this pill.

Nice reading comprehension

Agreed but perhaps this one shows that catholics aren't pedos by nature. It just shows there are pedos everywhere.
Most people here attack us without looking at themselves first.

The benefits of Christ are not gained by eating bread
Read the bible for goodness sake

No, i'm saying you have a problem with certain rings of bishops covering pedos, and hiding behind your finger that it's normal, and besides, lots of denoms and professions have molesters too, so it's k.
Oh yes, the diabolical me wants you to get your shit together to crack down on this issue through strict rules and throwing pedos out, just like you did several times in past ages(and took some steps to do so even today, with Francis deposing national bishops that covered this up).
I am truly a monster.

First time I've seen Catholics and Orthodox put away their differences to defend themselves from prots, nice.

actually, the entire bible is just a metaphor. its just a myth to teach you how to live your life better, a social construct, really.

Pic rel

Kek I tipped my fedora.

Attached: 1hHmxtsUtq.jpg (717x325, 59.61K)