Mindless Consumer Woes: Samsung Spyphones Won't Allow Users To Delete Facebook Apps

Matthew Nguyen
Matthew Nguyen

Nick Winke, a photographer in the Pacific northwest, was perusing internet forums when he came across a complaint that alarmed him: On certain Samsung Electronics Co. smartphones, users aren’t allowed to delete the Facebook app.

Winke bought his Samsung Galaxy S8 an Android-based device that comes with Facebook’s social network already installed, when it was introduced in 2017. He has used the Facebook app to connect with old friends and to share pictures of natural landscapes and his Siamese cat - but he didn’t want to be stuck with it. He tried to remove the program from his phone, but the chatter proved true - it was undeletable.

“It just absolutely baffles me that if I wanted to completely get rid of Facebook that it essentially would still be on my phone, which brings up more questions,” Winke said in an interview. “Can they still track your information, your location, or whatever else they do? We the consumer should have say in what we want and don’t want on our products.”

Well goyim, maybe you shouldn't be buying their shitty spy phones then? Maybe you should get a flip phone!

Consumers have become more alert about their digital rights and more vigilant about privacy in the past year, following revelations about Facebook’s information-sharing practices and regulators’ heightened scrutiny of online data collection. Some people have deleted their Facebook accounts in protest of the company’s lapses.

Facebook isn’t the only company whose apps show up on smartphones by default. A T-Mobile US Inc. list of apps built into its version of the Samsung Galaxy S9, for example, includes the social network as well as Amazon.com Inc. The phone also comes loaded with many Google apps such as YouTube, Google Play Music and Gmail; Google is the creator of the Android software that powers the phone. Other phone makers and service providers, including LG Electronics Inc., Sony Corp., Verizon Communications Inc. and AT&T Inc., have made similar deals with app makers.

In December, Justin McMurry, whose Twitter handle is @BoutSebm, wrote that he considered Facebook a privacy threat. “If I can’t delete it, this will be the last Samsung product I ever own."

archive.fo/3DAwp

Attached: Foxconn-Cuts-50,000-Jobs-In-Asia-Due-To-iPhone-Sale-Slowdown.png (468.21 KB, 1000x667)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!DpAz2IgQ!nW7bPNnpJFk5CAV3ypiaHw
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Caleb Long
Caleb Long

I would never buy one of these pieces of SHIT.

Parker Parker
Parker Parker

This isn't news, many phones and computers come with preinstalled bloatware. What good is a flip phone going to do, cell phone technology is inherently unfriendly to privacy. Just use a landline or better yet, live off the land like Ted Kaczynski.

Aiden Clark
Aiden Clark

It must suck to not realize you can root a phone

Dylan Diaz
Dylan Diaz

lol @ being SO afraid of Facebook that you'd live like a farm animal

Daniel Green
Daniel Green

I don't know what that means or does. Does "rooting" mean you can remove all that shitty spyware on them?

I'd rather just use a flip phone. YES, I know the feds can spy on them too, but at least Big Tech doesn't get anything from you using a flip phone. They get their money when you use their services, and I refuse to use their crap.

Parker Lopez
Parker Lopez

CaPiTaLiSm GiVeS CoNsuMeRs WhAt ThEy WaNt

Cooper Martinez
Cooper Martinez

I don't mind that, I really don't, as long as thats what they really desire. Personally I choose a flip phone instead, and as long as we have those basic consumer rights, thats what matters. However, I don't like how aggressively they shill this shit today, and I don't think Big Tech should be subsidized in any way for shilling this crap. Let the consumers decide what they want, and if they don't want it that should be OK too. Competition in an open market exists for a reason, so consumers can decide for themselves.

Parker Anderson
Parker Anderson

lol @ using Facebook or having their spyware on your OS at all.

Andrew Brown
Andrew Brown

I guess they claim you can always "root" those spyphones, if so, then do that if you really need one.

Joseph Miller
Joseph Miller

Attached: New-York-Hellhole-Just-Legalized-The-Murder-Of-Children.jpg (18.97 KB, 200x290)

Ayden Walker
Ayden Walker

Attached: Brazil's-New-President-Vows-To-Fight-The-Marxist-Trash-in-2019.jpeg (418.45 KB, 1440x810)

Samuel Reyes
Samuel Reyes

Attached: Again,-Commiefornia-Burns.jpg (87.92 KB, 1280x720)

Leo Barnes
Leo Barnes

3 3 3 222 1112

Attached: Monsanto-Lied,-Bullied-Scientists-To-Hide-Cancer-Risks,-Court-Told.jpg (110.56 KB, 600x545)

Bentley Flores
Bentley Flores

lgit

William Roberts
William Roberts

zsd

Attached: Third-World-Shithole-Germany,-Father-Arrested-For-Defending-His-Daughter.jpg (185.02 KB, 800x640)

Jonathan Price
Jonathan Price

za3312

Attached: Small-Businesses-Are-Quitting-Social-Networks-Like-Facebook-Over-Censorship.jpg (94.1 KB, 1920x1080)

Nathaniel Rodriguez
Nathaniel Rodriguez

sdf

Attached: Google-De-platforms-Gab-App-In-Next-Round-of-Censorship.png (77.28 KB, 500x794)

Caleb Reyes
Caleb Reyes

3 3s

Attached: Chinese-Invade-Oil-Realm-For-PetroDollar-Kill.jpg (130.29 KB, 699x648)

Dylan Gomez
Dylan Gomez

sza

Attached: Western-Nations-and-Russia-Removing-All-Diplomatic-Relations.jpeg (49.12 KB, 680x455)

Ryan Morris
Ryan Morris

cc

Attached: Treasonous-Despots-In-Deerfield,-Illinois-Violate-2nd-Amendment,-Threaten-Citizens-With-Gun-Confiscation-And-Legal-Fines.jpg (119.04 KB, 764x1022)

Caleb Harris
Caleb Harris

wow actual news

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit