LIBERATION THEOLOGY

LIBERATION THEOLOGY

What are the theological arguments for and against Liberation Theology?

Attached: Pope Francis Communist.jpg (800x500, 77.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newadvent.org/library/docs_df84lt.htm
youtu.be/sxWccjA_avo
youtu.be/UxMfqWkFblc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literal communism (aka automatic excommunication and this:
newadvent.org/library/docs_df84lt.htm (its a Vatican document condemning this shit)

Liberation theology is a false gospel that makes salvation out to be a cultural phenomenon in human relationships, instead of eternal life to the individual

The purpose of the material is to get to the spiritual, not the other way around. Those things are not in opposition like Marxists (and Gnostics in general) say. In the 20th century, many thinkers thought any pursuit of the spiritual is a bourgeoisie invention to control capital. And why would they not? It clearly is not economically efficient to build a Cathedral. Religion is not capital efficient, so any State that has production as its main driving force will actively destroy it.

Culture is not in opposition to the Cult, it comes from it. Etymologically, even.

Useless platitudes

In fairness to the Pope (I'm generally not a fan), he apparently said "that isn't right" when given that disgusting thing.

I hope it's true.

It's true. He also gave it back. It's just that what people don't realize is that when reporters or whatever are taking pics of events, they take thousands of pics. It's a constant *click click click click click* of cameras and anyone can pick out any one of the pics and use it for their own narrative.

Thank God. I was thinking something very wrong was going on because that's blasphemous as winnie the pooh. That shit is literally mocking Jesus Christ using a satanic symbol.
Besides Pope Francis had to fight that shit when he was an Archbishop in Argentina.

tl;dr It's heretical because it is based on atheistic reasoning, encourages violence, and effectively makes the Church into a secular political entity.

Pictures can deceive

Attached: 3333.jpg (3393x2281, 5.78M)

Why is he wearing a medal with that exact same symbol on it

He didn't want to be rude to the gommies, maybe?

Who cares about symbols, isn't it "the meaning you attribute to them that matters?"(sneer)

I'm surprised (or should perhaps be unsurprised) the video on this is never posted.
youtu.be/sxWccjA_avo
youtu.be/UxMfqWkFblc

Kek the pope's face when he realises what they are putting in his neck.

I think the Pope means well, but his inviting nature is easily taken advantage of. Or something. There's a reason people get emboldened enough to even present junk like that to him. He somehow made them feel OK, in the first place.

"Be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves."

Its misplaced focus on the material and not necessarily the spiritual on many levels. There's honestly a better way of going about it, as many modern liberation theologists often think they're solid on their theological base and lose focus on the whole saving souls part.
CATHCOM GANG

Attached: catholic communism45.gif (699x400, 126.71K)

I generally agree with Benedict XVI’s objection to Liberation Theology. 1) It effectively omits God, there is no place for Him in Liberation Theology, what is left is Jesus, ‘who of course no appeared now, no longer as the Christ, but rather as the embodiment of all the suffering and oppressed and as their spokesman, who calls us to rise up, to change society.’ (Introduction to Christianity, 2nd Edition, pg. 14-16); 2) Liberation Theology’s foundations are inherently unchristian, they’re founded on the basis of Marx, whose philosophy, theory of existence and practical worldview contradict the teachings of Jesus Christ and thus the Catholic Church by creating its own truth rather than presupposing God’s truth (it twists the Bible, ignores proper theology, and supposes that the Eucharist is symbolic of the ‘revolution’ and its preparation). Consequently, Marx’s atheistic politics and economics become the means of salvation; 3) The spiritual in Liberation Theology is now orientated towards the material rather than the vice versa, and so Marx’s programs (which has not God in mind) are adopted and performed, totally forgetting about God except as a tool (which comes back to #1).

Attached: C0DF528A-58D4-4747-88BB-D54F8682EFA4.jpeg (1280x960, 119.72K)

I'm not qualified for a theological rebuttal, but as a Latin American I can assure you that the political parties affiliated with Liberation Theology are the most unchristian parties in the political specter.

Like the PT from Brazil?
Those winnie the poohs make laugh so much.
and I hate them too because Brazilians are invading my country because of them

Yeah I can somewhat hear "No está bien eso/That is not ok" when presented with the crucifix, although he says it with a small smile

I see it as him asking him if he knew what or from who it was and the Pope replying that he did not. Afterward it could be that he asked them to hold it for him.
It does look pretty brash to put him on the spot like that with all the flashes going off.

In the ashes of war
Where the battle once raged
Our brothers now sleep in prooid

Attached: blacksmith_pics_extra_5.jpg (745x671, 95.82K)

Basically it's a heresy, like all heresies it contains a little truth, but among many lies. On the truth front, people should not suffer oppression and poverty should be relieved, on the lies front, everything else it preaches basically.

To put it plainly, religion is communism biggest enemy, people of who have religion doesn't need to follow a communist government. Much like religion is even capitalism biggest enemy, since it condemns on consumerism and material values.
But communist go even lower, they proclaim themselves protectors of the poor people, the unfortunate, the gays, the heretics, the womyn, funny enough with the exception of Russia itself. They use lowly tactics and disinformation, accusing the opposition of exactly what they practice, they promise to defend the poor wageslaves but instead practice the most savage capitalism, they promise to govern with the people for the people, but they end up with the most corrupt autocratic despotism.

So they knew religion imposes a large barrier restriction, specifically the americas, where they couldn't spread their influence just as likely, so they infiltrate alternate churches to try and seed their ideology.
eg. brazilian who experienced first hand their nasty tactics and hopefully downfall.

Attached: cobra-fourchan-pol-190203065.jpg (620x465, 39.85K)

Which alternate churches?
I imagine some of the evangelical ones serve as a proxy for the propagation of American neoliberal ideals. Meanwhile the Catholic Church has stood there both during military dictatorships and the present.
The one thing that could perhaps be asserted is these things representing the pertinent societies' collective and continuing developments in political ideals throughout history.