A Common Household Ingredient Might Sabotage Your Antibiotics

Neptune Bacteria News™
Your daily gob of toothpaste or spritz of body spray might be inadvertently mucking up your antibiotic treatment, suggests new research. It found that a common household antimicrobial ingredient—triclosan—seemed to reduce the potency of antibiotics used to treat urinary tract infections by a hundred-fold, at least in mice.

Triclosan is an ubiquitous chemical, found in everything from body wash to lip gloss to deodorant to household cleaners to mouthwash. Traditionally, it’s been advertised as an easy way to kill bacteria and fungi, seemingly without harm to humans. In recent years, though, increasing evidence has suggested otherwise.

In 2017, the Food and Drug Administration finalized its ban of triclosan and similar chemicals from being used in consumer soaps marketed as antimicrobial. The agency cited evidence showing antimicrobial soaps with these ingredients don’t seem to prevent illness or even kill bacteria any better than a typical bar of soap and hot water. Even more worrying is a growing pile of research showing that triclosan can actually help create bacterial superbugs.

It’s thought that the way triclosan stops bacteria is too similar to how many antibiotics do the job. So bacteria that evolve resistance to triclosan also learn how to fend off those drugs. That’s definitely bad news, because triclosan eventually ends up everywhere in our environment, where it can promote broad antibiotic resistance.

The new study, published in Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, doesn’t break new ground in proving this connection. But the results suggest that the effects of triclosan on antibiotics and bacteria happen long before the chemical escapes into the outside world—it can happen inside our bodies, too.

The researchers first exposed petri dishes containing strains of UTI-causing Escherichia coli and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (the superbug also called MRSA) to doses of triclosan that you’d typically find in a consumer product. Then they tried to use common, bacteria-killing antibiotics on them. Compared to non-exposed bacteria, the triclosan-battered bacteria were able to tolerate the antibiotics 1,000 times better. The team next did a similar experiment with live mice, finding that bacteria exposed to triclosan could survive in mice up to 100 times better than the control germs.

“Normally, one in a million cells survive antibiotics, and a functioning immune system can control them. But triclosan was shifting the number of cells,” lead author Petra Levin, a professor of biology at Washington University, said in a statement. “Instead of only one in a million bacteria surviving, one in 10 organisms survived after 20 hours. Now, the immune system is overwhelmed.”

gizmodo.com/a-common-household-ingredient-might-sabotage-your-antib-1832831414

Attached: PicsArt_03-02-01.51.02.jpg (1908x1073, 141.01K)

This is an interesting thing to know. I looked at my toothpaste and sure enough, triclosan

Johnny, everyone here should know not to trust commercial toothpaste, it is full of toxins and sugar. Its CRAP.

Tell you what I do, I boil some water, poor it into a glass, take some rock sea salt and mix it in, take a toothbrush dip it in there, and wash my teeth with it, two or three times per week.

Yep, you heard me. Two or three times a week I do this, and guess what? Haven't had a cavity in over 20 years!

But…. the real trick is….. STAY AWAY FROM SUGAR!

>taking (((antibiotics)))

Attached: wolf.jpg (600x358, 59.14K)

I suppose a vagina IS a 'cavity'

I prefer the ones that are less of a cavity,
and more of a 'glove'

Well, here's what I do: I boil some water, poor it into a glass, take some methamphetamine and mix it in, take a toothbrush dip it in there, and wash my teeth with it, then let Wendy drink the glass of water, and fuck her in the butthole two or three times per week.

Yep, you heard me. Two or three times a week I do this, and guess what? Haven't had a week without a vaginal anal cavity in over 40 years!

Attached: 20180527_232527.jpg (254x254, 45.21K)

what the fuck, I like my triclosan deodorant

what's it like to be uneducated, and incapable of simply researching a topic before pretending that you're an 'expert'?

Attached: PicsArt_03-02-04.33.01.jpg (254x254, 16.88K)

Q: do you fail to understand EVERY topic that you pretend to be an expert in, or just ones that involve sexuality?

You like to fuck little boys. You are a pedophile.

dude, you are AN AMAZINGLY TALENTED
I N S U L T A R T I S T ! !

that was some sophisticated, cerebral
material you just pulled out of your hat

Q: do you write all of your own material?

if so, I think you've got a big career
ahead of you developing insults

See?…. with an amazing talent like yours,
Hollywood would hire you in a
New York Minute

or New York would hire you in a
Hollywood Minute

either way, you are world class !!!

let's hear some more of your work

why haven't you already been
hired by Hollywood, dude ?

you're the best !!

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-02-17-37-48.png (1080x2160, 236.57K)

Additional Unique Jobs
Comedy Writing Jobs

Are you funny? Can you make people laugh? Is your humor creative and original? Do you have a unique style? Are you a writer? If this sounds like you, then maybe you should consider a career as a comedy writer. Comedy writers write humor. It sounds simple, but comedy writers work their tails off. They are writing constantly about what they observe in life or read about in current events.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-02-17-44-24.png (1080x2160, 317.35K)

They have to be quick witted, clever, creative, imaginative, and sometimes willing to push the limits on what is appropriate.

Writing is a hard craft to master. When you add a dash of comedy, it becomes even more challenging. Usually comedy writers are naturally funny people who are able to put their humor into written words. Other times, comedy writers have to write and write before their humor blossoms and people find them funny. Once a writer decides to write comedy, he needs to choose a specific niche. Comedy writers are needed to write television scripts, advertisements, magazines, essays, newspapers, novels, columns, radio shows, plays, or even stand-up. Every niche has a different writing format, different audience, and different style.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-02-17-44-44.png (1080x2160, 468.5K)

Every comedy writer also has a humorous style. They may write jokes, spit out one liners, use sarcasm, perform sketch comedy, tell stories, make shocking comments, perform slapstick, do impressions, or make insults. What may work well in a stand up act may not work as well in a children’s sitcom or a comedy skit. Knowing what type of humor works where will help a comedy writer fine tune his writing. All humor starts as an idea. Do some brainstorming and bounce ideas off of friends. If it makes you laugh, see if it makes your friends laugh, if your friends laugh, see if strangers laugh, if strangers laugh, then maybe you have something. Be sure you understand your audience so you can tailor your humor to them. Your skills may be delivered to an audience in a comedy club, radio ad, prime time sitcom, Hollywood comedy, or travel humor novel. Ultimately the goal is to entertain.

Don’t plan on sitting at a keyboard one night and being famous tomorrow. It takes time. You have to be discovered. There is no set pathway. You have to pave your way with your own creative, original humor. But the one thing you do have to do is send your writing off to publishers, websites, or television studios. If you don’t, good luck on being discovered. Start your career by finding humor in things. Learn the fundamentals of what makes people laugh – styles, delivery methods, writing outlets, niches. Read and watch comedy constantly. Study it. Join a comedy writer’s guild. Take workshops and classes. Join a writer’s group to bat around ideas.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-02-17-44-50.png (1080x2160, 306.24K)

it's odd that a guy as TALENTED AS YOU wouldn't have already been hired by a TV Show, or a world famous Insult Comic….

but instead, you're sitting there all by yourself

completely alone….. in your lonely little computer chair….

creating your 'genius insults' free of charge

not making a fucking penny

but I'm sure that this isn't the first time anybody ever told you what a wasted existence you're 'living'

well played, ma boy!

Attached: 744467.jpg (600x600, 305.38K)

Not sure it matters. Oh no, the antibiotic soap I don't buy won't work.
Great. Hot water and normal soap is better and won't destroy your immune system like these antibiotic everything do.

Anyone goaded into replying this much over simply being called a pedophile probably is one. That or just autistic and is physically uncomfortable when called a name so needs to post back.

You are no different dude, anime is for pedophiles, you are laughing at one of your own

I knew I kept that image around for some reason.

Attached: e61051d6d4a98d88b40c7689acacd87a0c7abc2fd93bbf7a785fae4346fae0a4.jpg (463x424, 32.53K)

your point?

I made it, you are just thick.

Baking Soda
Coconut oil
Its antifungal and antibacterial properties

no you didn't.

Attached: Suigintou_PC.png (400x300, 16.77K)

whoever feels the need to take antibiotics whatsoever is a pussy-ass weakling and deserves to die of an std

WHAT???????

Nepcoon is faggort.

This

The image is wrong for the authoritarian right and others too.

lol

Good! news bumparoo

I only brush my teeth with Ramen.
That's because I'm the REAL Mark Wiering.

Attached: PicsArt_04-22-08.27.16.jpg (2643x1982, 885.1K)

Hi Mark!
or should I say "High Mark!"?

Attached: killcen sliding video.mp4 (1280x720, 3.02M)

I do not use toothpaste because of the toxins they put into it. Nor do I use regular soap, I actually use handmade soap made from goat milk and spice. For toothpaste substitution I use sea salt mixed in hot water to bush my teeth.

I brush with Killcen's salty tears he sheds over all the sliding going on around here.

I think its childish to slide my news threads, there is no reason to do such a thing.

As for the report: learn to make your own natural soap, shampoo and laundry detergent. There are plenty of natural DIY guides on Youtube to watch and learn from. In fact, you can save money making your own products naturally without all those harmful chemicals.

total news!

Attached: PicsArt_04-24-10.48.34.jpg (1536x2048, 584.99K)