Good! Millennials Leading Mass Facebook Exodus Over Censorship, Spying Issues

>>>/related/9

More than 17 million young Americans have quit Facebook in the last two years amid a number of data theft and censorship scandals hit the social network.

Former fans of the site, aged between 12 and 34, have abandoned it in the wake of damaging reports, including the Cambridge Analytica debacle.

US users are the most lucrative market for the social media network and it is alienating the highly coveted youth as teens and millennials shun the app.

The report found that in 2017, 67 per cent of the total US population over the age of 12 used Facebook.

This has dropped to 62 per cent and 61 per cent in 2018 and 2019, respectively.

These average figures equate to approximately 172 million current users, according to Edison Research.

The data revealed 79 per cent of US people aged between 12 and 34 were on Facebook but this has plummeted to 67 per cent in 2018 and 62 per cent in 2019.

This reveals 17 million people in this age group have deactivated their accounts.

Data from the report found that Twitter's numbers are dropping (36 per cent in 2017 to 29 per cent in 2019) and Snapchat's user base is stable at 62 per cent of all young Americans over the past two years.

Younger generations are flocking to alternatives such as Gab and Bitchute instead.

archive.fo/XXi0e
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6781593/More-15-MILLION-Facebook-users-quit-site.html

Attached: Millennials Leading Mass Facebook Exodus Over Censorship, Spying Issues.jpg (400x290, 29.42K)

Bravo, millennials.

It took them forever to figure out and get a clue but hey, better late than never!

Now, if we can only redpill them about those "smart"phones and BTFO the big tech industry by making flip phones "cool" again that would be even better….

Who would want to keep using datacollectingbook after seeing its owner lied to Congress with no consequence.

Just in time for the new flipphones. And its not like they are dropping tumblr reddit or twitter which are also most likely spying on them.

myspace died, facebook will die.
These are all fads, but people, will look for another CIA replacement.
Most likely it will be government enforced, mandatory to have an account and all phones/cameras will only allow photos to be uploaded directly to the government cloud where you can view them from.
The end game is no personal data storage at all, only cloud poison so they own everything.
You'll see.

Well I won't use anything like that. Just like I reject all their other "smart" crap.

As far as their "laws", fuck their "laws, I'm already a criminal.

They'll have a pretty hard time with the all the PCs, laptops, all the other normal equipment out there on the markets (including at flea markets, garage sales and thrift stores) not to mention all the CDs, DVDs and flashdrives being sold or already in possession of consumers to be able to "ban" everything. How will they ban something that is normal, in use every day and in such high demand? Its like banning spice at this point, the industry would take a massive dump on the politicians and throw money at their opponents, not to mention the PR and people like me screaming our lungs out (they'd never hear the end of it).

My home is where I draw the line anyway. I never allowed the smart meter, and I'm not allowing the other smart crap either. If they think they can force this on us, well they better be armed and ready for standoffs because thats what would happen in some cases.

I deleted my Facebook in 2009
I wonder how much of my data they still have

All of it + anything else you did while using the same device you used Facebook on. I'd recommend revamping by purchasing an older used laptop, install a linux OS (browse distro watch and find something you'd like to try) and start over. Also, install Tor, I2P and some decentralized P2P clients like Soulseek and Tribler (they will be put to good use when the regular internet gets FUBAR by bureaucratic regulations). When you have everything installed you need, make a backup ISO copy of your system so you have that OS+pre-installed software forever.

I don't even live in the same state and I lost all contact with my old friends and family. So basically everything kikebook has on me is obsolete data

Awesome then. I'm not used to moving around, I already paid my mortgage off and have no intent on moving out of town. But that is a good thing that you moved because you got a fresh start. I'd still recommend doing some of what I said with the software and all (someday they will crackdown on internet freedoms and we'll need P2P software).

Storage doesn't have to be fancy or complicated technology. Paper tape, punch cards, and pic related work fine for the kind of software I'm interested in. Incidentally the only games I'm interested are the kind in pic-related.

Attached: 91582-perseus-andromeda-commodore-64-media.jpg (568x363, 42.82K)

boomers still watch CNN, millennial are a great improvement. I believe human evolution is the real issue at stake here. As government become increasingly invasive and treacherous each generation will become more red-pilled and responsive. More likely to mobilize and take meaningful action in their lives. Kind of like how when you use antibiotics only the resistant strains survive.

Yup, lust for power/control is the cancer (thus, government) and resistance (self-sufficiency) being the cure for that. Although a lot of millennials are just as brainwashed as my generation, not all of them, but many. Its not really a generational thing at all, there are old grumps like me who don't watch TV or go on mainstream social networks but no one seems to talk about that. Every generation has its stupid idiots who will blindly consume and those who are rebells and critical thinkers who refuse to conform. This is just human nature. Some accept reality the way it is, some refuse to accept reality and want to change it.

REAL NEWS

FB is a front to C_A anyway, so good riddance.

It’s like you want him to get buttfucked.

Millenials are just fucking retards.

Facebook for business, Instagram for spectacle.

Great idea you fucking retard.
funded by literally fucking (((rabbi)))

leaving to go to instagram, Kek

Correct, Instagram also steals and sells user data. If they are going there it is pointless because Facebook will just siphon data from them via deals with Instagram.

Good, Facebook sucks.

Its like people seem to forget about Gen X and Boomers. They use Facebook too you know. But as always its always the Millennials' fault for everything.

Now, zoomers are the new scapegoat (at least on Zig Forums and 4chan).