Russian Patriarch Warns 'Antichrist' Will Control Humans Through Gadgets…

Russian Patriarch Warns 'Antichrist' Will Control Humans Through Gadgets…
The church leader stressed that “if we don’t want to bring the apocalypse closer, there should be no single [control and access] center.”

archive.today/2019.01.08-162905/https://themoscowtimes.com/news/russian-patriarch-warns-antichrist-will-control-humans-through-gadgets-64060

The leader of the Russian Orthodox Church has said that humans’ dependence on modern technology will result in the coming of the Antichrist. In an interview with Russian state media, Patriarch Kirill explained he does not entirely oppose gadgets, but warned against “falling into slavery” to smartphones. Patriarch Kirill said that the collection of user data including “location, interests and fears” will make it possible for humans to be controlled by external forces.

“Control from a single point is a harbinger of the coming of the Antichrist,” Kirill told the state-run Rossia-1 TV network on Orthodox Christmas Monday. “The Antichrist is a personality that will be at the head of the world wide web controlling the entire human race. Thus, the structure itself presents a danger,” he said. The church leader stressed that “if we don’t want to bring the apocalypse closer, there should be no single [control and access] center.”

Attached: d88a6ffc71c14570a7870e9f0967cd58.jpg (954x636, 153.55K)

let me interject at this moment. What you call Orthodoxy is in fact, GNU/Orthodoxy. Or, as I like to call it, GNU plus Orthodoxy.

I laughed.

It's a somewhat odd warning from an Orthodox cleric though, as the church is historically not given to end times panic (like Protestants).. but he's not wrong about single points of control. I've had the thought myself.

This is why imageboards and similar software need to be supported as they are a largely decentralized form of control.

The Antichrist is coming whether we like it or not.
The apocalypse is coming whether we like it or not.
We cannot prevent it. We cannot delay it. We can only be prepared for it.

Kirril probably posts on Zig Forums in the Orthodox general, while Francis is a part of the mod team.

You sure about that? Issac Newton did a very careful and prolonged study of the Bible and declared that anyone saying the end is near before 2050 is full of shit and also gave no exact date for the apocalypse other than that it can't happen before 2050 (so it can happen any time after that).

Probably we can delay it in a sense. This attitude of not even resisting it, is silly.

Nobody, not even the Son, knows the day or date.

I know that but we can still study the Bible and conclude it's not going to happen during a given period of time. We're in the clear until 2050 and then it could happen that very year or a thousand years thereafter or a million.

Newton? He was probably a Freemason.. or at the very least, associated with them. So to hell with him.

You have absolutely no way of knowing that. It is literally impossible for anyone to know. If Jesus himself doesn't know, then how can you know?

He was a Hermeticist. Also you are an associate of Freemasonry by even posting on here, does that mean we should ignore what you say? Jim, who runs Zig Forums, is a Freemason. That makes you an associate, however inconsequential and vague that association is. Should we think Trump is colluding with Russians because at some point he may have had contact with and spoken to a Russian about something ever before in his life?

Quote me the passage that confirms this please. Also doesn't the bible give various pre-requisites for the apocalypse happening as well as various other details that can help us in giving us at least some idea of when it will not happen? It might not tell us the exact day but I don't see why we can't at least ascertain that some period of time should be safe.

But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Matt 24:36

I'm not friends with Jim and don't care about him… and he's possibly a thousand miles away. That's entirely different than Newton keeping actual company with them.

Doubt that. He'd have removed the Hitler painting of the Virgin Mary and baby Jesus from the banners. I funposted that painting to /r/christianity with the title "the three most lied about people of all time" and was insta-banned. polite sage for off topic

Proxies are not sufficient protection against five eyes yet we are forced to not be able to use Tor on here.

Attached: 2019-01-08 12_44_19-Window.png (1036x1015, 164.6K)

So I have an atheist libtard family. I "keep company with them". I have to live with them even though I hate them and share nothing in common with them other than my being related by blood to them. Why is Newton not allowed to ever have contact with or talk with people that may not think like him?

Five eyes can track TOR back to the client now and have been able to for a while. Also most exit nodes are owned by the US gov't.

Considering the US government created TOR, why is this surprising?

Tor tracking isn’t all that bad, seeing the stuff that happens on the dark web. Though I suppose it defeats tor’s purpose in the first place

While not 100% perfectly guaranteed to keep one private, I figure it's like putting bars on your windows. Sure, someone can still break into your house, but it makes it a bit tougher. I generally use TOR not to seek out or perform illegal actions, but to have that bit of added security.

I don't mind if Zig Forums doesn't allow it, though. It's a BO option and not up to me.

Sounds about right. The Jews do control humans through gadgets, and they're the children of Satan.

There is a reason why degenerates want sex robots and transhumanism.

Power plants are an even greater risk. Before that it would've been grain stores.

Awww, come awwwn!

Not that any of us are likely to disagree with him

Attached: lol-putin.jpg (400x320, 18.56K)

thumbs-up.gif
and

BOOM goes that dynamite!

Oh yeah … what did the Arian have to say on the matter?

Attached: thumbs-up-jesus.jpg (550x316, 33.62K)

This is very much an aside, and I don't want to derail the thread, but this is important:
The Wikipedia says something about Newton's holding a "Eastern Orthodox view on the Trinity" (before consensus being he was an antitrinitarian monotheist … a.k.a. an Arian) …

How is this ANY different to the western view of the trinity? IS there differences?

Attached: i_has_question.jpg (429x600, 34.28K)

Why are people in this thread fixated on Newton? Do you believe Jesus or do you believe Newton? Choose wisely.

Look, I can say the world is going to end in 10 seconds. That doesn't make me a profit, that makes me a logical human being that understands a process takes time to evolve.
You can do the same thing, plot out things that take time, then systematically rule out periods of time. Isaac isn't saying he knows when it will happen, he is saying it will happen after a certain amount of time for the process to solidify.

I think this could also imply indirectly too if the antichrist controls what data is accessible for the public or not.

(((Google)))'s Project Dragonfly comes to mind.
Google was contracted by the Chinese Communists to build the equivalent of Arsenal Gear see embed related from MGS2. A machine that can control the flow of information on the Internet. Google being a heartless corporation that it is will definitely adapt Dragonfly's technology for any other government that wishes to do the same for their country.

Or as a kekist would say:

The Filioque argument is complicated, and I'm not sure that I can do it justice, but the Eastern Orthodox believe the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father alone. But it does proceed through the Son in a certain sense, remembering that its ultimate origin is in the Father.

The Western belief is that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son.

This is the root of a schism that has endured for 1000 years. It isn't simple to untangle.

It comes from an arguement against a heresy that was growing at the time

I just read pic related a month ago and this wasn't mentioned. Are you sure?

Attached: content.jpg (128x192, 8.4K)

The clause was added in the creed in Spain by accident but stayed around because it was a good argument against Arianism - how is Jesus not God since the Holy Spirit proceeds from Him like it proceeds from the Father? I think some Latin Fathers outright use the filioque as an argument against Arianism too.
But yeah is wrong to say that the filioque itself came up as a response to Arianism. It came up as part of Augustine's expression of the Trinity, but became popular both because of Augustine being popular and the filioque being a good argument against Arianism (and I think Adoptionism, I haven't read it in a while).

To be honest, I'm just repeating what my Byzantine Priest told me.
I don't know if he was implying Arianism or some other heresy.

But I do know that the differences on the understanding come down to semantics of language.

Perhaps that is the origin of the divide, but there are truly two different Trinitarian conceptions between East and West today.

I disagree

The Orthodox believe the Catholic trinitarian conception is Semi-Sabellianism.

I don't see that claim as being any different tham when Protestants claim the veneration of saints is idolization.

Okay? You don't have to agree, I'm just telling you what these groups believe.

I think that the filioque as expressed by the Latin saints before the schism is fine. What drove East and West into a schism at first was the use of unleavened bread for the Eucharist, then the addition of the filioque into the creed being recognized by the Pope. But theologically I think the filioque really starts going off the rails after the schism, culminating in the definition at the council of Florence which I think is really bad and a major impediment to reunion (and a tangible proof that Catholics and Orthodox do not have the same beliefs about the Trinity).

Okay? Are we not expressing our own personal views alongside the Churches?
I know you are telling me what they believe in, I'm not disputing their belief.

She's already here…

Attached: Hatsune.Miku.full.63467.jpg (1203x1500, 694.12K)

God bless Patriarch Kirill

Hardly certain. Just because it's inevitable doesn't mean that it's date is inherently unchangeable, regardless of our actions. My death is inevitable, but starting smoking likely brings it closer, eating healthy, further away. God neither revealed the date nor the exact nature of the end times. Also even if the date is fixed, it still follows that the anti-christ must be resisted to every extent possible; our Lord's crucifixion was inevitable, and yet still all those who abetted it were guilty of most grievous sin.

Grain stores are a more efficient method of food distribution, whereas the digital panopticon that silicon valley kikes dream of is a method to track and control the movement, transactions, speech, and general activity of all people everywhere; so slight difference.

This tbqhwyfam

kek

I don't get the point of this "news" is. Smartphone is just another medium of mass communication. It's a recent evolution from newspapers, magazines, TV, and desktop internet. The Antichrist could have appeared at any point in the history of humanity.

Unless this guy is one of those self proclaimed prophets. And you know what the Revelation says about false prophets…

Oh totally, except for the part where they track everyone and spy on all their thoughts and actions, not much different otherwise.