New Zealand Mobile Carriers Block Zig Forums, 4chan, and LiveLeak

bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/new-zealand-mobile-carriers-block-Zig Forums-4chan-and-liveleak/
Following the Friday mass shooting in Christchurch, New Zealand, multiple internet service providers (ISP) in the country have blocked access to websites that distribute gruesome content from the incident.

The attacker live-streamed on his Facebook account his actions that got 49 people killed. A link to the video and a lengthy "manifesto" appeared on Zig Forums forum, allegedly shared by the shooter. Copies of the 17-minute footage spread to other websites, including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Reddit.

As mainstream platforms struggled to take down the video and segments of it, some websites continue to make the materials available.

Telcos take action
At least three internet companies operating in New Zealand have made this decision voluntarily and enforce it on a temporary basis against sites that still publish the sensitive materials.

Spark NZ, Vodafone NZ, and Vocus NZ agreed to work together to identify and block access at DNS level to such online locations. Zig Forums and 4chan are currently unavailable to New Zealanders trying to load them through a connection from the three telcos.
The block is not permanent, though. As soon as the horrific content from the Christchurch incident originating from the terrorists is removed, access to the website is reestablished.

"Where material is identified the site is temporarily blocked and the site is notified, requesting they remove the material," Meera Kaushik, External Communications Advisor at Vodafone NZ, told BleepingComputer, adding that "a number of sites blocked and then unblocked in this way".

Simon Moutter, Managing Director of Spark NZ, confirmed that his company took the same stance, in an effort to protect children and vulnerable people from the explicit images from the incident.

HOW ABOUT YOU TREAT ALL TERRORISM THAT WAY INSTEAD OF JUST WHEN IT'S DONE TO 'PEOPLE OF COLOR' OR MINORITIES. TERRORISM IS TERRORISM BUT NOT TO THE FAKE NEWS PROPAGANDA MACHINES. IT IS NOT OK TO NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN AFTER WHAT THE LEFTISTS ON THESE CHANS HAVE DONE TO INCITE VIOLENCE AND HATRED LIKE THE GIRLS THAT WENT TO MOROCCO. THAT DID NOT GET THE SAME TREATMENT. APPEASEMENT APPEASEMENT APPEASEMENT. WHY DON'T YOU JUST KILL YOURSELVES OFF THEN AND APPEASE ALL THE WAY. THEY ARE INCITED BY EVERYTHING AND NOTHING. TARRANT WAS A COLDBLOODED MURDERER.

YOU WANT TO BLAME SOMEONE
SHUT DOWN TWITTER
SHUT DOWN FACEBOOK
THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RELEASE OF THE STREAM AND RELEASE OF THE VIDS. OH BUT THEY WON'T DO THAT.

FUCK ALL YOU MULTICULTURALIST SUICIDE BOMBERS
FUCK THE PROPAGANDIST IDENTITY PUSHERS AND RACE BAITERS. THE MEDIA GO DOWN THE SAME CHECK LIST EVERY TIME TO SEE WHETHER THEIR GOING TO BE PRO OR CRUCIFY.

Attached: 8010034291.png (531x704, 388.42K)

but they didn't block facebook, eh? The ones that broadcast it live.

come 19th you'll all know JUST what Commercial Liens IS is.

MAGA :)

People have a right to know the truth. NZ government is an enemy of free speech and free thought and is trying to cover up what happened. Good luck defeating the internet retards.

Strange how real this seems now.

daily reminder that the president of Kiwiland is a female
this is what happens when you let womyn run your cuntry

because facebook removed it, that's why

fucking amateurs

The truth must be SPOKEN DEUS VULT!

Attached: Screenshot_20190317-112447~2.png (1080x1080, 1023.43K)

Despots!

Awesome !!

Nothing would make me happier
than CLOUDFLARE deciding to
take a giant steaming shit on
worthless Zig Forums

So you support censorship, hate Zig Forums, yet you post here anyway. What the fuck is wrong with you Johnny? You glow.

lol @ 'the 19th' hahaha BULLSHIT
on the 19th, you'll know what looking like a fool is

Zig Forums is a cesspool

Why did you smash all those computers up, btw? You said something about that the other day but I had to get offline because I was busy the other day. Didn't have time to talk to you about that. Wanted to though.

So you hate alternative communications. You hate this site. You don't like PCs or laptops. You don't use torrent or P2P. You call anything that questions the establishment or govt narratives "fake news" too. So what is someone who is such a normfag doing on a site like this? It BOGGLES my mind.

Speak to me damn it.

So your saying if somehow those videos were constantly posted to facebook and reddit that those websites could be banned, I smell and new rickroll happening.

Attached: thinking.png (640x640, 100.53K)

it's not 'censorship' that I 'support'

I support the end of Zig Forums, by any means necessary, whether it's done by cloudflare, by continual DDoS, by the NSA embedding modified bios rootkits on every user's computer, or by the eventual realization by the owners (after being sold) that this website will never turn a profit, and in order to stop hemorrhaging money they simply pull the plug.

I don't use torrents or P2P because that's theft.

Are you so broke that you can't buy software or pay for copies of movies?

DO IT!

If they ever take this site down, we'll get our revenge on those Big Tech companies. Post snuff, gore, CP and all the rest all over Facebook and SnapApp accounts! If they ever attack us, we should fight back. So get Tor ready and all the other stuff you can utilize. You know there will be a day they DO pick a fight with us.

SPEAKING OF THE NSA:

HINT: everybody who has ever come to Zig Forums
has unknowingly had their computers &
phones automatically embedded with
proprietary NSA spyware. 100% true.

(and if you think that you're smarter than the tens of thousands of absolutely brilliant computer engineers who work for the NSA, and that just because 'you can't find it', it doesn't exist, then you are even more dense than I thought)

Told 'em that they should go for the Jews instead of innocent Muslims, that being said it seems real fucking retarded to punish them when an Australian was the one to do that, he practically invaded their country to carry an attack on their citizens if anything, he was as bad as ISIS and Jewish occupiers so the the punishment should fall on him alone.

Ha! I could say how the whole Federal Reserve system and their loan sharking is theft against America.

Ahhhhhhh….. The angry little boy begins his own 'one-man army'. This is almost like watching a video game, except nobody would be interested in playing this video game, because there's no way to win.

Maybe you should try turning back the hands of time, and trying to 'fit in' back in school, and see if maybe you can get selected to be on one of the street ball teams?

So /killcen/ was right all along then, huh?

you 'could' ?

No…… you DO….

You say that dozens of times every day, and you still haven't made a difference. The only person who's listening is YOU, and even you don't care anymore.

they will never take this site down. in some cases removing a tumor is too dangerous because the cancer can spread, in these instances one uses chemo ie shilling.

nope… killcen actually thinks he's more skilled with computer technology than the tens of thousands of computer engineers employed by the NSA.

While he's focused on Facebook selling your metadata to advertisers, or paranoid about the GPS in people's smartphones, he fails to realize that every computer he uses has already been embedded with NSA malware.

Thats right, I only care enough to keep warning others when I can, and do my best to. As far as the laws, fuck the laws the way I see it today, we ALREADY live in a 100% LAWLESS country!

So being a thief shouldn't come to such a shock. Who really cares anymore anyway? Our fucking third world nation is FUBAR. SCREWED. OVER. BURIED. DEAD AND GONE AND AIN'T COMING BACK.

Correct !! 'they' will never take this site 'down'

at least not in the way you're talking about….

This site has never turned a profit…
This site siphons money out of Jim's pocket…

And eventually it will be sold to the highest bidder
(If they can find anybody stupid enough to bid)

Then, after 6 or 7 months, the new owners will come to the realization that this site is unprofitable, and it will be sold once again.

At that point, the new owners will quickly full operations here. This site simply doesn't make money for anybody.

Let them spy on me, they have no evidence because I give them NOTHING. Although I will share some media files with them on P2P if they want them ;)

ahhhhh, you talk a big game about how much you love this country, and you love 'the way we used to be', when people were honest, and we weren't overrun with crime…

I wonder how Jesus would feel about your two sided philosophy, wanting to make America great again on one hand, while justifying common the thievery with the other hand.

It's not really a matter of 'letting' them spy on you

You don't have a choice in the matter, and their hidden code was embedded onto your computer a long long time ago.

I don't know Johnny, I feel like God and Satan are pulling on each of my arms and tearing my soul the fuck apart. I'm conflicted and I just don't know anymore.

I can imagine in the not too distant future that any slightly "inconvenient" website is a bit of a hassle to keep online and is moved to a distributed model like bit torrent where the site can be spread through networks and even Bluetooth through phones

Hopefully the P2P browsers will one day become an actual thing where people actually put them to use… unlike the pretty much dead Zeronet or Beaker browser. Tor maybe something with those onion domains.

We could also use (some) current p2p clients to communicate too, although you'd have to use an alias so it would be pseudo-anonymous. That might be the thing in the future though. Maybe someday I'll chat with one of you anons on Soulseek and we wouldn't even know the other user came here.

JN™ HYPOTHESIZES ON Zig Forums's FUTURE:

I would imagine Justin Siegel, Co-Founder & CEO of JNJ Mobile, owners of MocoSpace might show an interest in purchasing this shit hole, after focus group research shows that the New Zealand incident put the name Zig Forums into the public's conscious awareness, and try to capitalize on it, with plans of modifying and homogenizing the entire site from the top down.

I can easily see a corporation like JNJ Mobile trying to turn this into a social chat forum, a mobile game community specifically focused on HTML5 for mobile, also known as a mobile social network.

I can also easily see this project folding within a year, and eventually one day simply vanishing.

BTW, true story. I did bump into someone who frequently visited 8ch/pol/ on Soulseek before. We talked politics and it was mentioned, so there are those who are here who also use decentralized platforms already.

This is probably a good time for me to just get something off my chest and be honest with you.

I have noticed your inner conflict lately.

I actually think that you ARE being tugged in both directions, and it's palpable. I'm actually concerned about you, because recently I've noticed that you seem to be conflicted, and I've even seen you voice opinions that clearly demonstrate an opposition to your own moral belief system.

OH GOD NO!

I'm not saying it's a good thing, and I'm not even saying that I believe it's going to happen…

It was just a hypothesis…………

However, that was an extremely profitable business model for Justin Siegel in the past, and Jim Watkins business model is the farthest thing from profitable that anybody could imagine.

You can only lose money for so long, until you finally have to face facts and realize the bottom line…

BTW…. they also banned Zero Hedge…. for no fucking reason! Also many other sites too. Total full blown internet gestapo going nuts in NZ, really would suck to be them. They'll have no choice but to use VPNs or Tor or maybe something like I2P.

Let's just be honest…. None of us really cares what happens to our neighbor three blocks away

And we sure as fuck don't care about what happens in New Zealand

Is Jim really losing a lot of money running a small site like this?

Attached: mark-zuckerberg-laugh.jpg (1200x900, 104.11K)

I actually care, because I KNOW this is coming to America someday soon too. Its already happened in the UK to a large extent!

here's the thing nobody seems to wanna discuss:

Nobody ever promised you 'the right to an internet'

None of us has any constitutional right to internet access, and nobody is obligated to supply you with said access.

If you don't like it, make your own goddamn internet.

I am. Its called stockpiling older hardware, monitors, computers, laptops, operating systems, software, media, information, website backups, etc. and storing all the media on OFFLINE backups of multiple mediums.

When you're losing money, you're losing money.

Business is a concept designed to MAKE MONEY

It's really simple……………….

Basically what I do is I download TONS of shit, fill my harddrive up, then backup it all up on DVDs, flashdrives & solid state external HDDs…. then remove all the stuff stored on my main computer and repeat that process… over and over and over again!

I must have about 50TB of shit backed up, easy.

I recently found out Zig Forums sells advertising space here FOR ONLY $10 PER DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

that's right !! ONLY TEN DOLLARS A DAY !!!

Did you know that renting a billboard on a street in a shitty nigger neighborhood in a small town costs about $35,000 a month ?

Oh, and here's another tip: make sure the MOST IMPORTANT media you want saved for a lifetime is backed up *multiple times* on various different mediums of storage!! Very important!

Shut the fuck up you whiney faggots.
The day this website and 4chan get shut down will be the best dat ever!

Someday, we will ALL be on P2P sharing tons of our collections too, just wait and watch it unfold…. already happening to a certain extent…. and let me tell you something, I'm sharing some GOOD stuff of value and that includes all the older Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems ripped onto ISOs WITH tons and tons of useful software!

We will have our own internet, it will be P2P, completely decentralized and we'll have offline backups of what we share.

And Johnny can miss out on all this fun in the future while he chats with other iphone users on Facebook! The REAL internet will be kept decentralized and we'll be using those old laptops and PCs!

Yooo I’m trying to find the video of the New Zealand shooting can someone send a link ?

In here, REAL NEWS.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:a376d99b64127ccb2be0a81c06cda4a60cfc6f3f

Hope you know how to use that. If you don't for fucks sake learn already.

100% TRUE :

I'm not going to mention his name, but I recently the correspondent with somebody who advertised here… I had been considering purchasing some advertisements here in Zig Forums (literally advertising my shitposting, just on a goof) and I reached out to the person who had recently purchased advertising here…

They only charged him $10 A DAY

And he confessed that:
HE DIDN'T MAKE EVEN ONE SALE HERE

I'm not ridiculing him, because it's not his fault that nobody here will spend a penny on anything.

I'm simply stating a fact. Nobody that comes here is willing to spend any money on anything, because most of them don't pay their own bills, instead of relying on their mothers to pay their rent and their internet bills, and somehow they feel self entitled, talking about make America great again while they steel bootleg copies of videos online and use torrents to commit theft to play there stupid video games like little children….

AGAIN: he told me that he did not sell a single item here, and he admitted that's the only reason he took out advertising was to 'help Jim and support the cause', to literally throw them a few bucks to help them out….

He might even be reading my words right now… If you're out there, I would like to thank you for informing me of the advertising rates here at Zig Forums….

When a website has to literally beg and grovel for $10 oh, that website is a business failure… The only reason Jim has kept this place afloat is to appease Ron…

And that's understandable….

But things like that don't last forever, and eventually it comes down to the bottom line.

You can guarantee the sun will set tonight, and rest assured the sun will rise again tomorrow.

And Jim's going to sell Zig Forums eventually.

Hey Johnny, do iPhones even have Torrent clients you can install? Serious question because I really never used one.

How's that Oak Ridge Boys 8-track working out for you?

Johnny, no one spends money on those ADs becuase no one in their right mind wants to be relieved behind their proxies!! Thats my conclusion anyway.

I don't use iPhone, because when I look in a mirror it's important I see a heterosexual…..

But I would imagine so, because anybody can install torrent clients on an Android

Nope. It has nothing to do with security or privacy. The reason nobody buys anything from Zig Forums's advertisers is because they are cheap, sheltered, inexperienced little children trapped in adult male bodies, and their entire existence revolves around trying to steal things off the internet, whether by torrent, p2p, direct bootleg download, or any other method they can possibly use to avoid responsibility.

AVOIDING RESPONSIBILITY IS THE DESCRIPTION OF THEIR ENTIRE EXISTENCE

maybe nothing of value is being advertised and its not shit that the average person here would want to buy?

I know for a fact that nordvpn used to advertise here, and unlike any other advertiser here, Jim had dollar signs in his eyes, and he doubled the advertising rate for nordvpn.

Nordvpn only paid $20 a day to advertise on Zig Forums, which is a ridiculously low sum, compared to the millions of dollars of advertising they spend elsewhere on the internet and on TV….

Still, Nord never sold one account through Zig Forums

Not even one sale associated with this website

And they pulled their advertising within 45 days.
Because nordvpn is a business, and advertising is one of the costs of operating a business, and as a business, they are not in the business of flushing money down the toilet in advertising that doesn't result in any sales.

You seem to be convinced EVERYONE is like that for some reason. I can't tell you how you are wrong though because you don't want to admit there are all kinds of folks who post on image boards, and this INCLUDES people just like YOU too.

Possibly the case. But I'll be honest, if they sold EMP-proof solar pannels for 50 cents I would not buy them…. because I'd be revealing my identity by doing so!!

Nope. See

The real problem is simple:
Because there is no revenue to be earned by advertising here, no legitimate companies are interested in wasting their money.

That leaves a small handful of crappy companies, namely Japanese companies that sell silicone tubes for sexless males to masturbate into….

Because they've done their demographic research, and they realize the target audience here is the most likely demographic to spend $149 for a silicone tube to insert their penis into.

You seem to be convinced EVERYONE is like you for some reason. I can't tell you how you are wrong though because you don't want to admit there are all kinds of folks who post on image boards, and this INCLUDES people who AREN'T needlessly paranoid, and fabricate excuses about companies knowing their identity if they purchase their product.

Maybe he should start a donations page then. Something to fund anonymously like a Bitcoin donation thing, so people can anonymously contribute.

Inb4 hurrr durrr that won't work!

Yes it did work for TPB and its working for Bitchute as well!

LOL @ BEING AFRAID TO DO COMMERCE

because the company will
'know who you are'

Hahahahahaha !!!

Dude. I still use cash to purchase more than half the time. I seldomly buy stuff online…. BUT WHEN I DO, NOT ON THIS COMPUTER OR MODEM OR THE SAME VPN!!!

AGAIN: the person I told you about who recently took out advertising here admitted that he only did it to basically 'donate' to Zig Forums, because even he was aware that this is a business failure

So it appears that Jim doesn't have to get on his knees and bend over, begging for donations like a bum under a bridge….

it appears that everybody is already well aware

Good for you! Keep up the good work!

Clearly, your master plan is working out wonderfully

My other online computer dedicated to legit activity is 100% separate, isolated and has NO connection to this machine I use. None of the same media is on there. Its even got a different modem and different VPN service too. I keep shit as safe as I fucking can.

HINT: BUSINESSES HAVE KNOWN WHO THEIR CUSTOMERS ARE SINCE THE BEGINNING OF BUSINESS. TECHNOLOGY HASN'T REALLY CHANGED ANYTHING. YOU ARE USING THE INTERNET RIGHT NOW, AND THAT'S BECAUSE YOU PAY AN INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER FOR THE SERVICE, AND THEY KNOW WHO YOU ARE. YOU ARE NOT IN ANY DANGER BECAUSE OF THIS KNOWLEDGE. SOCIETY CONTINUES, BUSINESSES MAKE MONEY, AND YES, THE WORLD CONTINUES TO TURN

I'm glad you found something to occupy all that free time on your hands…

It's understandable that you would need something to keep your mind busy, seeing as how you drove away your family and friends with all your paranoia, and found yourself trapped in your own solitary cocoon with nothing to do.

I live my life completely opposite of the one you just described, and if you had 100 people interview each of us, I can absolutely guarantee that all 100 of them would say I am happier than you.

Furthermore, I can absolutely guarantee that on your deathbed, you will not be able to produce a single shred of evidence that any of your protocol served any purpose.

ProTip: there is no Boogeyman under the bed

If I want a boogeyman under my bed, I will have one, Johnny. You can't stop me. Just because you can't see him doesn't mean he isn't there. I know. I created him. In a way, I'm a God who created his own Devil. It's genius, really!

Then fucking leave

Back in the old world days, merchants knew their customers preferences, because that's good business…

As time went on, in the old wild West stores, the shopkeeper knew what each customer wanted, and he would use a 'grabber stick' to reach up on the shelf and grab each customer's specific preferred items….

Piggly Wiggly was the first 'supermarket', the first modern-day grocery store as we know it now. In Memphis Tennessee, Clarence Saunders opened the first Piggly Wiggly, the precursor to today's modern supermarket. It was the first time the customer would come into the store and grab the items for themselves. But even then, the grocer's new their customers by name.

They knew which brand of flour Miss McGillicuddy preferred, or what cut of beef mister Merryweather liked the best… It was a simple business, knowing your customers preferences, and giving them a more personalized shopping experience, so they would return and continue buying from you.

IT WASN'T BECAUSE THEY WERE INVADING YOUR PRIVACY AND TRYING TO TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE

As things became less and less personalized and more automated, merchants had to diversify and use different techniques to keep up with each customer's personal preferences, and even long before the advent of the computer, paper databases were collected, and this information was used in marketing… It helped emergent make more sales, to turn an even more efficient profit, and to keep the customers as happy as possible, by incorporating their personal preferences into the marketing.

Publishers Clearing House is a perfect example.

I'm willing to bet $50,000 that you never used to sit around watching the old analog TV, back when there were only three channels, freaking out in fear and warning people about the dangers of Publishers Clearing House….

It's called business…

I prefer to buy things with cash myself, but sometimes it's simply more convenient for me to purchase things online, and in many cases, it's impossible to purchase certain things without using a credit card online…

YES, technology keeps changing, and there are vulnerabilities… There's always a remote possibility that somehow my credit card information might be part of a system-wide hacking operation, but it hasn't happened to me yet, and I certainly don't sit around worrying about it. If and when it happens, it's not going to be the end of the world, and I've dealt with much bigger problems in my life, and I've survived each and every one…

Living in fear is an exclusive trait of cowards….

And letting cowardice disrupt my ability to enjoy my life is not my style…

Attached: 1488488327-piggly-wiggly-history-2.jpg (7001x4573, 4.19M)

I've got an even better idea:

How about I stick around and watch your continual downward spiral? I enjoy a good laugh, so I'm not going anywhere

Lol nobody will be talking about 8ch in ~90 hours. Then it’s back to what we do best. You’re welcome to hangout - nobody cares how much you hate a website you’re literally on right now lmao

Oh, neat. It’s yesterday’s thread under a new title!

CORRECTION:

People stopped caring long before they ever even knew about it… Nobody ever cared, and nobody ever will.

90 hours, my ass….

BTW, nobody cares how little you care.

Yes… This will continue for six or seven days….

and then it's going to be right back to the exact same killcen paranoid thread, over and over and over and over and over again, day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day.

RE: welcome

As if I've ever requested your permission, or anybody else's.

But it's important to keep in mind that you're not the one 'who irritates me', in fact it's the other way around, because I'm the one who drives you crazy, and for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid you have no choice but to open wide, while I squat over your mouth and take a massive fucking shit, post after post, thread after thread, hour after hour, day after day, week after week, month after month, as the years painfully click past you.

you have no choice but to sit back and take it, suffering through my excruciating ego, my irritating style of formatting, and my absolute refusal to even vaguely blend in with your creepy little effeminate imageboard culture….

(enjoy)

Not him, but I like you here Johnny. At least I can talk to someone who is nearest my age and we have totally polarizing views (in many cases, not all). It helps bring diverse conversation and I actually get ticked off when the BO deletes everything you have to say (wish he would focus on the spam more, not the legit conversations).

…..and the truly beautiful part ?……

no namefield is required

because

you I know exactly who I am
before I even begin to type a
single
god
damn
word

Now that was the way to do it. Thats legit. I HATE and DESPISE the fact they try stealing all personal data though, some people really expose too much about themselves and these modern Tech companies seem to think its OK to exploit that too. Fuck them. I'd take the retail chains over online chains any day!

I think thats why the BO deletes all your posts. Try not sticking out too much.

Some dick mod shoahed all my beautiful posts from another thread I had yet to archive earlier this week. I thought I was vip.

Why you need to deleate posts that aren’t obvious low effort shilling on a board with max 11 people could only be politically motivated. Apparently I’m swimming with sharks and not privy to the secret.

Marketers are simply trying to keep up with an ever-changing world. But it's important to remember that they aren't planning to 'zombify you' or 'destroy your life'…

They simply collect that data to custom tailor future marketing towards you…. And I can live with that. I have no problem with the occasional pop-up ad, hawking cat food from chewy.com, or the release of a new Elvis Presley collection CD…

In fact, I find it very useful and cool…

Since marketing is a fact of life, and pop-up ads aren't going anywhere anytime soon, I would rather see occasional advertisements focused on my particular interests, instead of having to see bulshit advertisements about anime or silicone tubes to jack off into….

And yes, I know all about ad blockers, etc etc

But I'm not afraid of seeing an occasional advertisement. In fact, I'm happy to see new products advertised, and quite often I actually purchase some of them…

It's the difference between living your life in the real world (where I am completely safe and happy) and choosing to live your life in a dark hole (wracked with fear and trapped in your own self-imposed misery)