Pope unveils new 'Click to Pray' app…

Pope unveils new 'Click to Pray' app…
Are you there, Pope Francis? It’s me…

archive.today/2019.01.21-212448/https://nypost.com/2019/01/21/pope-francis-unveils-new-click-to-pray-app/

The Holy Father launched an app called “Click to Pray” on Sunday that’ll allow the world’s 1.3 billion Roman Catholics to join him in prayer. The pontiff has a profile on the Android and iOS app that shows Catholics around the globe what he’s currently praying for. Users can then click an icon to indicate that they’ve prayed with him. Thousands of faithful watched Sunday as Francis — who once said he was a “disaster” with technology — showed the app on a tablet at his weekly address in St. Peter’s Square.

“Did I do it?” Francis asked an aide after swiping on the tablet. Still, Francis said the internet is a way “to stay in touch with others, to share values and projects and to express the desire to form a community.” He specifically called for young people to download the app and pray with him — especially during World Youth Day 2019 in Panama, which begins Tuesday. The pope then told crowds he had “two pains in his heart” that he was currently praying for: victims of the car bomb blast at a police academy in Colombia and the 170 migrants from Libya and Morocco who died in the Mediterranean. The app is available in six languages and has an accompanying website, clicktopray.org.

Attached: PrayerWorx App Logo.JPG (182x177, 14.65K)

Lord have mercy at the amount of virtue signalling we have to endure from this turbulent priest.

Stop the planet I want off.

Next step: Automated confession.

You do realize that you're on a board that has a "click to pray" thing, right? There's also a "click to pray" section of the Discord. I fail to see anything wrong with what the Pope has set up.

I think you're missing the point; remember how Jesus said that those who pray in public squares have their reward, but you are to shut yourselves up in your closets and pray the Lord's prayer?

That was in Matthew 6 along with the prayer. This is why we object not to this board's anonymous prayers to and for one another, but object to the Pope publicizing his prayers.

Attached: MartinLuther.jpeg (1024x669, 125.27K)

Also try to take the Lutherposting ironically, I don't care for him either. The only good that can come out of having anything to do with such an app, would be mortification. I mean that in both senses of the word, of detachment from worldly affairs from having pop-quiz tripe thrust in your face, and mortification in the sense of moral indignation. At any rate, what the pope chooses to do with his own soul at risk is up to him, I could care less.

It's literally just a general tool for his Sanctity to tell people of great tragedies and get them to pray for the afflicted.

Ok, then it's a non-issue, just stupid filler news, although I think he brought it off very poorly. Again, little to do with me, I suppose I'll pray for the Pope's good judgement

But is it FOSS?

I got curious and downloaded the app. It's actually pretty nice. You can join the Pope in prayer and you can even type up your own prayers and submit them to the network for others to pray with you - sort of like the prayer request thread here.

#smilingLutherLikesThis

>implying this is the worst use of social media we have ever seen

Now THAT'S lol-worthy
Hey, it could be entirely automated!
You could do confession with a robot and free the priest to what?

>implying this board's click to pray isn't public
The only person whose prayers are made "public" are the Pope's
And he's just doing the whole liturgical prayers thing

Well, unless you're looking to use that verse against every godolig priest each sunday?

Attached: luther-smiles-kek.png (1030x1092, 1.4M)

Kek, orthos are stuck in the dark ages

Wonder what kind of ads, micro transactions will be implemented

…And that's a good thing!

The pope is truly based.

Attached: john_paul_ii_kisses_koran.jpg (620x340, 71K)

I wish tbh

Say what you want about Pope Francis and his many other questionable or outright terrible actions, being sad about those people who died on those boats isn't a bad thing. Jesus literally felt pity for the people crucifying him, so even if we were to assume all those people on those boats were terrible people who should be sent back, I could still feel sorry for them.

Was he actually sad? Doubtful.

So far, nothing. Not a single ad. There's a donate button, but that's standard.

psst … hey … hey buddy … that's not pope francis

The foot pic is too disgusting to post here.
winnie the pooh off, reddit. Type properly.

Your spiritual fruit shows a lot about you.

I'm no fan of social media, meh but as long as it can convince some youngsters I'm fine with it.

The Vatican should make an app that broadcasts sermons 24/7 and has a large archive of sermons.