Why do Zig Forumstards use the fact that Jesus used his whip once in the Bible to push that Christianity supports...

Why do Zig Forumstards use the fact that Jesus used his whip once in the Bible to push that Christianity supports violence? I see it a lot
I honestly cannot understand how someone can get that Jesus was a violent person or that he supported violence. Even OT God never supported violence unless he was in charge of it.

Are Zig Forumstards that try to justify Jewish violence using the Bible the same type of people like redditors changing the Bible to fit their liberal agenda?

Attached: 1547855601215.jpg (1024x1024, 93.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kgov.com/god-and-death-penalty-what-does-the-bible-say-about-capital-punishment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kindness is truly kind when you have the strenght to use violence against others but choose not to. If Jesus wasn't able to use violence he would just be another complacent hippie who uses kindness because he's inherently weak
Violence shouldn't be the first thing we use but, when we have to use it, we should use it full force.
The Bible support this with David, Solomon and all the time God uses his RIGHTEOUS ANGER to smithe evil

Attached: standforthelord.jpg (500x375, 55.52K)

It's a reaction to people twisting scripture to push complacency and tolerance of evil.

big meme on Zig Forums is that Christianity is a pacifist "cuck" religion because it says turn-the-cheek and love thy enemy, etc. So people bring up the whipping scene to refute that meme.

This, I even have the polemic, pic related

Attached: Modern Heresies.jpg (1500x2057, 893.44K)

See it this way: If you have the means to prevent violence from happening, but willingly let it happen anyway, you're supporting violence. God gave us this world to managed it and to make it better, not to silently watch it suffer to death.

Attached: Huh.jpg (120x160, 32.26K)

Zig Forums screams at its own shadow, don't pay them any heed.

Bruh, Jesus literally flips tables. Jesus was far from the weak hippie the left wants Him to be.

Attached: 4b8ad9dbb31ef664f447d7872b8de6a0.jpg (1024x768, 164.97K)

He didn't kill anyone though. I think what Zig Forums wants is people to murder each other.

Zig Forums, how about you stop visiting Zig Forums. Nobody cares about your blood feud between your two LARP groups.

This, tbh.

The alt-right is looking for strong people to support their petty insecurities, let's hope that a little episode with the temple will prompt them to take care of oppressed minorities like Christ did

Which minorities? Like gays?

Attached: korean facts2.mp4 (640x640, 9.45M)

This whole thread is people talking past each other.

this.

Killing a jihadist isn't murder, it's more akin to putting down a rabid dog.

Where on hell did this meme come from? Jesus is forgiving, there is a big difference there.

Christianity supports justice and order. That is not the same thing as "laissez faire" faggotry. Christians were not for centuries pacifists because this subversion is quite recent.
That is not to say that Christianity is compatible with any violence. Just that violence and Christianity are not incompatible
Now go back to leftypol/reddit and stop visiting Zig Forums if it just triggers you.

Isn't this literally the definition of the Greek word that was translated into 'meek' in 'blessed are the meek' Matt 5:5

Polempic

song name

Well first of all Zig Forums hates degeneracy, wants to stop homosexuals and opposes pedophilia which already makes them worthy allies, unlike Zig Forums.

Also, God loves all of us and to love someone means to want what is good for them. And sometimes that is achieved through a slap on the wrist or a slap across the face. Why? Because some people are so hardened in their wickedness that no reason can avail against it. And where words fail, deeds might succeed.

Isn't this literally the definition of the Greek word that was translated into 'meek' in 'blessed are the meek' Matt 5:5
I think so, and pic related>>759758 adresses it.

This thread is obviously bait. Stop responding to it.

Francis of Assisi didn't kill any muslim.

He's a sissy.

i went on Zig Forums today and they literally changed the bible to promote anti race mixing.

Because thr ot is violent

I am sympathetic but no sources where provided.

Have you read Revelation? You do know He'll be tossing most of humanity into the lake of fire, right? If you see evil, you should act in accordance with the righteous wrath of the Lord.

You have heard that it was said, “An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.” But I say to you, Do not resist an evildoer. But if anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other also; and if anyone wants to sue you and take your coat, give your cloak as well; and if anyone forces you to go one mile, go also the second mile. Give to everyone who begs from you, and do not refuse anyone who wants to borrow from you.

You have heard that it was said, “You shall love your neighbour and hate your enemy.” But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax-collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers and sisters, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

All who believe that Jesus was a simple pacifist hippie literally never read the discussions He had with the Pharisees.

Darude Sandstorm.

Someone on Zig Forums made that video a few weeks ago.

These verses are talking about when people insult you. If someone calls you a name, or snubs you, or even slaps you in the face, there's no good reason to retaliate. If we were to interpret this passage as saying we should tolerate blasphemies against the Lord, or that we should allow enemy armies to slaughter us en masse, it would stand in stark contradiction to numerous other passages in Scripture, which is obviously not possible. Christ's teachings here can be looked at as what 99% of people should do in 99% of all situations, which of course means that there are very very few situations in which violence is acceptable, but those situations are clearly defined for us throughout the rest of Scripture.

Christianity is about placing people on the proper path to God's kingdom, it doesn't mean being a doormat to vice.

My friend I am worried you may be letting your other views influence the clear meaning of Jesus's sayings.
Do not resist an evildoer.
Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.
This is not a 99% thing with a few exceptions, this is something Jesus enjoins on us to follow. They're not difficult either, since Jesus tells us his yoke is easy and his burden light. Jesus himself acknowledges the difference between his teachings and the Old Testament law, saying "you have heard that it was said" and "but I say to you."

"Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I tell you?"

this is not true, because it would imply that "hate your enemies" is in the old testament, but it's not. Jesus is dispelling popular myths about the law, that's why he says: you have *heard* that it was said…

"An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" is in the Old Testament. So are all of the other "you have heard that it was said" in Matthew 5.

"An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" is in the Old Testament. So are all of the other "you have heard that it was said" in Matthew 5. "You shall love your neighbour and hate your enemy" is a general idea in the Old Testament, like "He will be called a Nazarene."

This. The law IS the Old Testament. Jesus just clarified it because the jews perverted it with their bureaucracy. There is no such thing as following the New Testament and rejecting the Old Testament because the New is just the proper interpretation of the Old. There are even verses in the Old Testament that say all food is clean.

"An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" is the Law, and Jesus says instead not to resist an evildoer. He understands this to be different from the Law, because he says "but I say to you," that is, contrary to what is written in the Law.

Where?

"Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.”
Genesis 9:3

If there's a contradiction in your interpretation then your interpretation is wrong.

Keep reading the Pentateuch bro

What contradiction is there in my interpretation? It seems like there's only one in yours, because it's impossible to reconcile Jesus's teachings with the Hebrew Law (as Jesus himself says)

kgov.com/god-and-death-penalty-what-does-the-bible-say-about-capital-punishment