Pentagon Approves $1 Billion To Start Building Border Wall

RELATED: >>>/related/14

What was already a bad week for Democrats just got worse.

Not only did AG Barr embarrass party leaders like Adam Schiff, as well as their allies in the cable news media, when he revealed that Robert Mueller's nearly two-year investigation into the Trump campaign had turned up zero evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, but now, despite a spate of lawsuits and bipartisan resistance in Congress, Trump has received the first tranche of Pentagon funds that will be used to build more than 230 miles of the border wall - helping to fulfill one of his most popular campaign promises.

According to CNN, the Pentagon notified Congress Monday night that it had authorized $1 billion to begin construction of a new segment of the wall along the US-Mexico border. The notification elicited a wave of outrage from Democratic lawmakers.

The approved money will help build 57 miles of border fencing, improved roads, and other measures. Construction is expected to begin immediately.

Pentagon budget reprogramming notification sent to Capitol Hill on Monday and obtained by CNN indicates that up to $1 billion will go toward building 57 miles of fencing, improving roads and other measures on the southern border.

The Department of Defense authorized the Army Corp of Engineers to begin planning and construction for the project Monday night. The department will direct the funds toward 18-foot-high fencing along the Yuma and El Paso sections of the border, according to a letter acting Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan sent to Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen.

The money is part of about $2.5 billion from the Defense Department’s drug-interdiction program authorized by Trump's emergency order. All told, the order reappropriated (Trump's opponents would say 'raided') some $7 billion from various sources, which will instead be used for the wall.

Monday's announcement was just the first $1 billion the administration is making available for wall funding. The administration said previously it plans to shift an additional $1.5 billion at some point in the future.

These initial counterdrug funds will ultimately flow from the Department of Homeland Security to the Army Corps of Engineers to begin construction.

archive.fo/nhFf8
zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-26/pentagon-approves-1-billion-build-trumps-border-wall

Attached: Pentagon Approves 1 Billion To Start Building Border Wall.jpg (1200x800, 285.53K)

Small start, not enough. We'll need a lot more if we ever want to save this nation from complete destabilization. Hopefully they'll start building in the most unsecured areas where most get in from.

I guess this isn't considered news either. Nor is internet censorship the EU just passed into law. Nor is the arrest of a corrupt attorney that has been on CNN a hundred times. Nor is the fact scientists actually found a pretty good treatment for cancer that is not life-threatening or painful. Nothing is considered news worthy anymore to those already dead.

Meanwhile, in OP;

Exactly as the OP stated. This is only a small start. Its not a whole wall or everything we need. Its only going to cover a small portion. We do need more, a lot more.

Still, its news worthy.

Holy shit, I just got back on here after having a late lunch and the hatred and resentment is absolutely crazy here. What the hell is going on? Did someone's ass catch on fire?

Johnny, one day you say you like me and your my friend, and now this shit. Get a grip of yourself. I don't know what it is I did that got you this angry. I already said our government/military/politicians are guilty of treason for not doing anything at the border. This is likely just a PR stunt so they can make it look like they did something. I know that, you know that too, so stop going fucking nuts and stop hating on me so much.

What happened?
Did Johnny refuse to touch your penor any more?

ssshhhhh…. just play along
don't make Jim mad at me

I'm already skating on thin ice since I quit working for him a couple months ago, telling him to fuck off, and actually standing up for you.

Then I had some unexpected veterinary bills that had to be paid, or a cat would have died without the surgery. You know how much I love animals, so I basically had to come back to Jim on bended knee and beg him to let me start working again.

I just recently got back on the payroll, so don't ruin it for me. Just play along.

-trump

-OP

REALITY, MOTHERFUCKER. GET USED TO IT.

fencing with holes? what could go wrong

what could go wrong

boy, aren't you going to be upset when Joe Biden wins in 2020, thanks to having Stacey Abrams as his running mate, and more black & Hispanic people vote than ever before in American history, and the entire wall project gets scrapped?

Obviously some pissed off lefties around here. No wonder why real news is being slid all the time.

So we're supposed to be liable for 1 Trillion dollar debts every fucking year to continually expand an already over-bloated government and NOT have basic national security defenses for our own borders?

The way you leftists think is absolute lunacy at best. More waste should be cut and put to good use like this, much much more!!

Thats barbed wire. What we really need are walls. The problem is corrupt treasonous assholes in Congress are not supplying the government with money to have any wall be built so the military has to be generous and do what they can within the law.

Very frustrating that we have politicians who get kickbacks to allow third world slave labor to flood into the country! Enjoy the increase in crime and much lower wages, pussy!

yes, congress. not the american populace who's pockets get raided for pet projects that mexico has apparently paid for

It worked great in places like Hungary.

Trumptard doesn't realize that the places most get in from is not the border, but in airports and sea ports within the US.
That's ok though, Americans are used to paying taxes for useless shit.

That is fucked up.
Even in shithole countries they would check your passport etc at a sea or airport to make sure you are legit.

Get your shit together murrica. Its not hard to check someones documents.

True, but fences worked well in Hungary for one simple fact: their government is 100% dedicated to protecting their nation, so they have constant patrols and result to brutality against those who try to invade, setting a very intimidating example of them to all the others; "don't fuck with us or you'll all get messed up!"

What we need is some MEN WITH BIG BRASS BALLS in our military that order troops to the border to bash some fucking skull and show those invaders what will happen if they mess with America…….. and UNTIL that happens, we'll have to pray for miracles (such as walls to be built).

Holy shit, so the TSA is to busy jacking off to naked body scans to do their fucking job? Go figure!

1 billion… 57 miles..
2,000 miles needed…
(2,000/57)*1billion = 35 billion = 1 retard-op

That wall is only there to keep us in. It'll have a big, beautiful door for everyone else.

F E N C I N G

Johnny would never refuse to touch someone else's dick though.

There will never be a wall.
Delete this thread.