What do you want to do with Jesus?

what do you want to do with Jesus?
play checkers?
drink beers?
shoot guns?

Attached: j man.jpg (1100x1404, 111.32K)

Glorify and worship Him in eternal blessedness in heaven.

I mean, yeah, but maybe you can do that by jamming with Him or going mountain biking

You'll have no need of doing that in heaven.
The very direct sight of God will make you happy forever and you shall want nothing more, since what man desires most of all is to know God.

just because you have no need of it doesn't mean it won't be available.

I mean you can do that, but it won't contribute more to your happiness.

quit being a turd.
Jesus shows up at your front doorstep and asks you what you want to do today. what do you say?

Jesus is human. perhaps he likes to do human things.

It's not that they have no need of it. They're regurgitating Catholic nonsense taught to them about the Beatific vision and Absolute Divine Simplicity.

Teach me to be a better man and how can I serve You and my brothers better.

God is composite now?

I don't necessarily have an issue with that. the point he's making is that simply being with God is enough.
however, we are given some images of the kingdom of God. A golden Jerusalem coming from the sky, a feast with the Father.
I think we would be able to use our spiritual bodies in a variety of ways. do you have legs in heaven? why would you have legs if you're just going to sit in a stadium and look at Jesus on the Jumbo screen?

appreciating Jesus's human nature is not thinking lowly of Him.

This is the only correct answer. Everything else is frivolous sentimentality at best; at worst it's irreverence.

Of course you would be able to jump and walk in heaven. In fact you can do wtv you want there.

But it won't contribute nothing else to your hapiness as seeing God as He is directly will suffice.
Nothing stops you from playing soccer with Jesus if he wants, but I doubt that wish will even cross our minds.
Maybe I'm being to autistic

Left the sentence in the middle.

Drink his wine brew.

You don't get out much do you, my user?

Attached: 1d18c2c0c19b7a7ff20f565f45c7018a9923e57f9748684b25f869dd50b4ae2f.webm (376x360, 507.06K)

Actually I do I study in college, but I fail to see the correlation.

You started to spaz out some pseudo piety when someone asked what would you like to do with Jesus.
You can't hid that high-level autism.

I'll pass.
One or two glass sounds alright but I'm not interested in getting smashed.
Yeah I'm down for that, along with some fishing and archery or similar activities.

Gnostic nonsense.
The current Heaven is temporary. It will be united with the new Earth with the coming of the Heavenly City, a real physical city in this physical world. God made us to be both spirits and physical beings.
The New Jerusalem will have feasting, beautiful trees, a river, and music. All physical things performed by real, living people, who are not in some kind of stasis.

split screen black ops zombies on kino der toten. preferably on a nice fat sofa with pizza and a 12 pack of mountain dew.

Man I wanna hike around. I bet Heaven has some dope scenery. Maybe go fishing too. What kind of fish do you think you can catch in Heaven?

explore outerspace

It's extremely irreverent to say "lol when I'm in heaven I want to play mario kart with jesus xddd".
Jesus is God. Heaven is an eternal Liturgy. The only thing we should want to do is have Liturgy forever. "I want to crack a beer with Jesus" shows both faulty Christology and, more importantly, complete lack of reverence for God or respect for religion.

I'lm tired of LARPers on this board.

We would probably be too busy trembling in fear, awe, and reverence to do anything if we were to meet Him in all His glory. Really. I cannot really fathom thinking otherwise.

Eternal life is only in Jesus, many put before Christ, expecting Christ to put before them.
"Lord,” someone asked Him, “will only a few people be saved?” Jesus answered, "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able. After the master of the house gets up and shuts the door, you will stand outside knocking and saying, ‘Lord, open the door for us.’ But he will reply, ‘I do not know where you are from.’ Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’ And he will answer, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you are from. Depart from me, all you evildoers.’ There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves are thrown out. People will come from east and west and north and south, and will recline at the table in the kingdom of God."
Luke 13:23-29

Dude.
You and the other user are literally the larpers here.
Shame.
Could have been a really nice thread.

No, he's right. Christ is your King, not your best pal.

You're not my pal, nor you''re who you think you are.
Piousman.
I've met too many people like you to know how stuck up and demeaning to the Faith you really are.

Do you show up at church in pajamas, smoking, drinking, and talking during the Liturgy? No? Then why do you accuse me of being "holier-than-thou" for saying that we must not do such a thing, but rather reverently and blissfully worship God?
Do you have no notion of reverence or respect at all? What is wrong with you? I speak of the Liturgy because I assume you are Orthodox, since you have posted this:
but your behaviorr makes you seem like a Protestant who goes to church to be entertained and have fun.

Are you serious?
OP how would you spend time with Christ. Then you idiots started rambling about how we're all heathen scum and we're morons, and you need to ask why you're acting "holier-than-thou"?
And even then you dare imply my faith is lesser and that I drink and smoke and wear pajamas at Liturgy?
What is wrong with me?
How dare you?

Attached: wtf.jpg (300x287, 26.53K)

This thread is sad.
I'm pretty sure Jesus is great and his very presence will fulfill us beyond all imaginings.
But I don't think there is anything wrong with the idea of having a nice cup of tea with Jesus

i freeze up when i'm hanging out with normies. when i'm around girls its even worse. if jesus was physically here right now in front of me i would probably have a panic attack and pass out because even aside from the social anxiety, i've jacked off to a lot of very fugged up stuff and he knows. it would be like going to the principal's office times 1 million.

are we to take that literally, don't think so.

I did not say anything like this, but if that's what you hear when someone tells you "it's extremely irreverent", maybe you feel concerned.

I compared irreverence to the idea of spending time with Jesus (as in the OP) with irreverence with actually spending time with Jesus (at the Liturgy).
Stop amplifying everything I say to make it sound like I'm crazy, and just address the claim I've been making all along, which is "this is irreverent and wrong". Please.

Yes, we are. Of course, it will not take the same appearance it does now, since it will be spiritual and heavenly, but what we do at church is what we'll do forever (if we are saved of course).

I want to play Counter-Strike 1.6 with him
he might be awesome at playing

Christ was the chaddest of chads

He was king, celestial king, and he used to be around with different people all the time, because he didn't judge, as long people were not (((stupidwinnie the poohs))).

Then he got killed by (((THEM)))

Imagine having your head so thoroughly filled with gnostic nonsense that you think being with Christ is somehow different from how it is literally reported to be in the New Testament.

Sure you didn't have things backwards?

Attached: 0424599f412e33a04c0be61d3ff50924b3a21b3c2f4d813c3a6cc997643d7937.jpg (600x800, 206.31K)

Give him a hug

Attached: 1542727419955.png (1342x1940, 765.18K)

Fear of God doesn’t meaning hating the Bible. I believe what Christ said Heaven and Hell are like.

OP here, I'm sad to see what this thread has become.
Consider this: maybe Jesus wants to do things with you. Things you like. Because he loves you.
Simply being with Him would be enough, but I don't believe we lose our humanity when we enter the kingdom, so we will still be doing human things. And, if you make it into the kingdom, you have no further reason to fear Him.
Imagine how cool it would be to learn carpentry from Him. It's eternity; He has all time to teach every single person.
And maybe Jesus wants to use his human body for a friendly boxing match.
So, I'm asking you: WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO WITH JESUS?

I still wan to know what that wine tasted like at that wedding.

I hope it was red wine

That brings up an interesting question. What happens when you enter heaven - do you just suddenly lose any interest in doing anything sinful? There are verses saying that we do sinful things because of the flesh. So if we lost the flesh, we would just not be interested in doing sinful things?

Ever since my brother told me of his wrasslin match he had in Genesis with Jacob I've wanted to have a wrassle with him. I suspect he'd handily beat me but it would still be a good bit of sport.

Being tempted to sin is painful, and revelation says there will no longer be pain.

based

Attached: 1440831957317.jpg (425x516, 40.41K)

You know when you're in your right mind, and you think to yourself, "I could be doing x sin right now," but you don't because you just don't feel drawn to it at all? I reckon that's how it would be.

Obviously, you won't rationally want to sin, since you're in heaven, and there'll be no instinctual pull towards it, either, So it won't even seem like a real option to you.

Ideally, we should be striving to submit the flesh and soul now to the spirit (which is quickened by THE Spirit). In heaven, we are spirits ourselves, but in the Resurrection, even our bodies are glorified to be fully reconfigured to this proper alignment that was the image God originally created us with.

Eh… I don't know if that sounds confusing. Point is: The Kingdom of God starts now. "The Kingdom of God is within you.

“The kingdom of God is not coming in a way you can observe, nor will people say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘Look, there it is!’ because the kingdom of God is within you.” -Luke 17:21

He didn't mean that in the hokey New Age sense (I know that passage gets abused). He meant this submission of the flesh to the Spirit. To begin leaving the life of the Kingdom starting now. Not yesterday or tomorrow or just the afterlife. The flesh is a tyrant though (as Paul struggled himself.. "Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?" Rom 7:24), but there's nothing in scripture about this being an impossibility or that we should wait. Total Depravity is a lie to those in Christ.

I would be happy just being able to truly believe in Him.

Since our bodies will be like His, which probably includes the whole walking through walls and levitating thing, I'd want to explore this universe that He's made. Go on hikes on Mars, sit and talk with Him on the clouds of Jupiter, fly to the Pleiades and the Orion Nebula, explore exoplanets, and listen as He tells me why in His infinite wisdom He has made all things in the heavens exactly as they are.

Orthodox
Anglican
Protestant

I'd probably kneel down and cry at first
Disregarding that we possibly can't comprehend the glory of heaven and the presence of the most high,I'd probably like to play Trouble in Terrorist Town with the Lord, Gabriel and a few of the saints, and we can all laugh at the absurdity of it

Catholic

Well Heaven is pretty Endgame in terms of things to do, it'd be pretty far-removed from a lot of Earthly goals. I guess keep grinding those art skills and make some animu.

Attached: images.jpg (111x127, 8.46K)

Well if you're repentant then you are forgiven, no need to be nervous. And if he appeared before you then you would probably be divinely protected from panic attacks for the duration.

With all respects, this is a protestant idea. Yes, He died for you and he loves you. But he is King. I dont expect to drink some beers with the King of the Universe.

Not necessarily.
A lot of people fall on their faces when they meet Christ.

Op here again. God is infinite, and being with him means infinite joy and love.

Other than I'd ask Him what dinosaurs actually looked like and have the feathers vs scales debate settled once and for all.

Although if He decides to recreate dinosaurs in the kingdom, then I guess I'd have that answered for me already.

Not saying He will or won't I'm just saying that would be pretty sick.

Attached: cq5dam.web.768.768.jpeg (768x397, 53.34K)

It’s funny seeing the different responses. Some are afraid, some are offended and some seem truly comfortable in the love of Christ. This is a wonderful topic, very inspiring.

The only true answer

It really do be like that sometimes

Attached: IMG_20190122_122348.jpg (583x328, 24.17K)

Prots really are this impeccably ignorant

Angel in whose eyes I am still adored,
perfect creation of the Lord,
let Him give you to me to keep,
and through you, let I and His spirit meet.
Amen.

I had no where else to post this, but it's a prayer to the Lord to let me be with my Guardian Angel forever

Actually this.
But with bikes.

My girlfriend asked me once: Why do you read all these religious books? Why think about it (Theosis) all the time? What do you hope to accomplish?
I replied "Never run out of gas again, for one…"
—–
Being a Christian does not imply destroying your "self." God loves you. He wouldn't have shaped you as such if he didn't.
Being a Christian is becoming "like Christ." The perfect version of yourself. Yes, without sin. Yes, in perfect accord with The Will of God. But The Church is described as a body because every part is of unique function.
If that function is "Shaping things", "keeping the party going", or "seeing creation" then who are we to dispute it?

"From here, I will call you friend." - Before crucifixion

I think somewhere in the Apostlistic letters it's said that all of God's creations will be given a job. To do for eternity.
Further, the ten talent parable ends with the servants getting even greater responsibilities.
And the sign of bearing the Holy Spirit is producing good works. Like continual.

Not to say you're completely wrong. Both seem to be fragments of the same picture.

Attached: image (2).jpg (1280x960, 255.05K)

I know this is completely stupid and infantile, but I'd love to gather up lots of people and play some real life Dragon Quest with Our Lord.

whatever Heaven is like, being in the eternal and full presence of God is unlike anything on Earth
do not immanetize the eschaton

What does "new earth" mean then

a New Earth, which won't have much in common with the old, current Earth? it's in the name

Man I would love to hang with Jesus so much and just give Him the biggest hug ever and then we would get slurpees and hike up a mountain and then ski down it and then we would ride a helicopter and go out and get some delicious philly cheese steaks and then we would talk about the Scriptures and what it all means and then he'd probably tell me something I could be doing better or maybe a change I should make or something new I should try doing.

I wanna hang with my Lord so much. Like wow. That's what I would do.

There's a lot of "you fool" being thrown around in this thread, primarily by catholics

Souless larper hack. Go feed the poor some and repent for your arrogance.

Ironic, isn't it.

Attached: mxcFW06.png (744x652, 634.52K)

I'll probably end up crying like a bitch the first time I see Him

Behead degenerates

Apologize

This

Also this

Me too bud, me too

I don't think that exploring the entirety of creation, as well as potentially travelling back (and forward) to/interacting with (or at least observing) this earthly realm in different times would be off the table. We'd gain more and more knowledge and understanding of why things happen the way they did, and in turn move exponentially closer to understanding why God allowed things to happen in the way they did. Maybe that's crazy though