‘Captain Marvel’ Smashes $1 Billion Milestone at Global Box Office

Disney’s “Captain Marvel” is the newest member of the billion-dollar club.

The superhero tentpole starring Brie Larson officially surpassed $1 billion in ticket sales worldwide, reaffirming the long-known notion that female superheroes can hold their own at the box office. The blockbuster has generated $358 million in North America, along with $645 million overseas.

“Captain Marvel” is the seventh pic in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to reach this milestone, joining the ranks of “Avengers: Infinity War,” “Black Panther,” “The Avengers,” “Captain America: Civil War,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” and “Iron Man 3.” It also marks the 18th Disney movie to gross over $1 billion. The 21 films in the MCU have collectively hauled $18.5 billion to date.

“Captain Marvel” has been lauded as Marvel’s first blockbuster that centers on a female superhero. Directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, the star-studded cast also includes Jude Law, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, and Annette Bening.

“Wonder Woman,” DC’s first female-led superhero film, paved the way, showing Hollywood that all kinds of audiences can get behind a little female empowerment. That tentpole — starring Gal Gadot and directed by Patty Jenkins — generated a massive $841 million globally.

Larson’s Carol Danvers (aka Captain Marvel) will make her Avengers debut in “Avengers: Endgame,” which hits the big screen on April 26. Post-credits scenes in both “Captain Marvel” and “Avengers: Endgame” teased the Kree warrior as the universe’s last, best hope after Thanos turned half of life in the galaxy to dust.
variety.com/2019/film/news/captain-marvel-1-billion-box-office-1203175093/

Attached: th.jpeg (474x719, 32.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boundingintocomics.com/2019/03/13/new-reports-of-empty-theaters-at-captain-marvel-add-to-movies-controversy/
twitter.com/Guitargalchina/status/1102629289256734721
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck the haters

big deal. it sucks, just like all faggot superhero movies. these worthless films are exclusively for sissies and dorks.

This. Superhero movies are trash. I don't know why producers refuse to cast female leads though. A male garbage heap and a female garbage heap are both garbage.

Anybody who's interested in superhero movies is a child, a faggot, or both

I agree… apparently, the reason it's so 'revolutionary' to have a female in a superhero movie is because it's the first time the fans have ever gotten that 'close' to a female, other than their mothers, who coddled them into becoming superhero sissies

So you can finally see other movies at the cinemas now? All the profits must have went to the showing times as it was playing every 15 minutes at my local cinema while other movies might get 3 showings a day

Aquaman was much better.

OH NONONONOOOOOO
So much for /tv/ claiming it was a flop.

Yeah, every one of those pathetic nerd virgins probably spends their pathetic nerd virgin time on pathetic nerd virgin image boards commenting on pathetic nerd virgin threads about pathetic nerd virgin cartoon films.

Just more proof that humanity needs to end

dorks and sissies. I never said 'nerd'

WAT?

Who are the "haters" besides you?

Attached: PicsArt_03-28-10.00.42.jpg (500x428, 68.25K)

I believe those numbers. This is not Disney laundering money. They sold those tickets. This is NOT Disney laundering money. There were no empty movie theaters. THIS IS NOT DISNEY LAUNDERING MONEY.

boundingintocomics.com/2019/03/13/new-reports-of-empty-theaters-at-captain-marvel-add-to-movies-controversy/

From what i saw some on /tv/ has now increased the required milestone to be a success from 1 billion to 2 billion after captain marvel broke 1 billion

a 100 lines of cumskin males for every empty theaters sweetie
twitter.com/Guitargalchina/status/1102629289256734721

Attached: D01TeG6XQAc7c8t.jpeg-1.jpg (1536x2048, 323.16K)

how does superman fly
how do the atlantians in aquaman fly underwater

nanobot or telekinesis?

Katie Smith-Wong
@Guitargalchina

Sub-editor, @theOAFFC member and British-born Chinese film writer for @flickfeast and @denofgeek. Dreams of revolution of female film journos.
London, UK

It's raining out here, with a little wet snow, winds from the nw at 10k/h

humidity 40%

fucking fuck who gives a fuck you shallow twat

Attached: Capture.JPG (493x158, 18.28K)

As if, saw the movie illegal with my qtgf. She was all like "make it stop and have anal sex, gotta be more enjoyable than this garbage".

iirc one of the comics mentions superman uses "tactial telekenisis"
where he can move objects with his mind if he has body contact.
Allows him to fly and lift heavy objects without destroying them with his tiny hands.
The real question is now how does superman move things with his mind

a 100 lines

are you sure it wasn't 'a 99 lines'?
or 'a 101 lines'?

either way, all I see is a bunch of adult males
who don't have women with them

oh…. now I get it

when you have a large group of adult males
lining up to see a movie in a theater
and NONE of them have dates

(at least not female dates)

those men are losers with the ladies
likely inclined to be gay
and superhero fanatics

weird as shit

I've seen hundreds and hundreds of movies in theaters in my life… hundreds….

and I can honestly say I have never seen a line at a movie theater that consisted of only men, none of them with a girlfriend or wife out on a date

I think that speaks volumes about superhero movies, and the type of adult males who enjoy them

I've heard that there are nightclubs where there are no female customers, very similar to your photo.

and oddly enough, I've heard that even though there are no women in these particular nightclubs, that doesn't prevent the customers from dancing the night away and having fun.

I'm guessing they might be 'superhero theme' nightclubs?