Be me good

That's silly, and you know it deep down.

Attached: 84bac1d4d0a3b698952d520773ad5be40b46b7fbd5e064fba28afd0bb15d1033.png (1024x576, 569.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newadvent.org/fathers/
nature.com/news/fearful-memories-haunt-mouse-descendants-1.14272
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4270066/
eneuro.org/content/early/2018/05/14/ENEURO.0038-18.2018
reoxy.org/8circuit.htm#c7
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16084184/
ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/appi.ajp.2017.17060616
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I believe that about Christ.. because he said it himself. It's all or nothing at that point. I don't know anything deep down, except to trust him.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

I don't believe that about "religions" necessarily. But Jesus is not a "religion".

Dumb ohohoho anime poster.

Woooow bugged morality system, seriously!

every tiem

Attached: 5959a9d90be41c88749c19d137baf99c04871e942e0578ab81c431a66b4076b8.jpg (400x303, 26.8K)

paraphrasing, but it's in the scriptures. for those who hear the Word of Christ and reject it, it's over though.

Begome gadolic.

Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. For Jesus gave St. Peter the keys to heaven, where he can bind and loose anyone here on Earth. Repent from your arrogance and submit to Christ.

Attached: download.jpg (266x190, 13.89K)

Every winnie the pooh time.

Some Christians believe that virtuous Pagans will be saved if they never heard of Christianity in life - Jesus supposedly went to Hell during the three days he was dead and rescued them.

For quite some time after Jesus rose, many Pagans existed who had never heard of Jesus. These Pagans went to the Limbo of the Patriarchs, and any hypothetical good person living in 2019 who sincerely dies without hearing about Jesus would also go to this Limbo.

But, who hasn't heard of Jesus? You of all people have none - you're on a Christian board having Jesus explained to you in your terms. We all want you to be saved. Please listen to us.

Attached: IMG_5347.JPG (620x627 72.24 KB, 178.63K)

That's an interesting passage. As someone who has never been to church and wasn't raised Christian can say that I haven't heard the Word of Christ? Also if there's a chance that anyone could find which passage this is from I'd appreciate it

Have you ever lied?
Coveted?
Stolen (even a penny)?
Dishonored your parents?

And everyone who rejects Christ deep down he knows he is a bad person.

Probably not. This sort of exclusion, as it pertains to most in the west, isn't some modernist catch-all. It's safe to assume that everyone who knows of Christ and His Church and rejects it up until the end will not be saved.

On the other hand, the Church acknowledges "invincible ignorance", which these passages seem to support.

Its from John 14 I guess.
Maybe native Americans before the Europeans got there had that excuse.
Like Pius IX said, only those who lived the natural law, so that excludes everyone who lived a life according to the world like OP, actively searched for God (unlike OP, because you always end up in Christianity no matter what, unless personal interests take you elsewhere) and be always ready to submit to God's will those might be saved by ways known to God only, they implicitly want to be baptised.
To quote St. Justin Martyr:

One more thing OP.
Catholicism has the advantage of being the only religion that reason and history supports so there's no excuse for you.
Ignoring God is an insult to Him, because He certainly does not ignores you, and since looking for God means changing your life you are guilty of being an unrepentant sinner because you don't recognise the need for God because you thing you are good.

How so?

read a history book and the church fathers

there's a reason why protestants try to claim that the catholic church only came into in existence at the time of constantine - if only to rebut the overwhelming historical evidence of its existence since the time of Christ

Typical

OK friend, read St. Justin Martyr (50 A.D. or thereabouts), Sozomen's Ecclesiastical History, or any of the plethora of mid-5th century authors who support the idea of a single, universal (catholic, in greek) church.

newadvent.org/fathers/

Turning away from truth will not be accounted as righteousness.

for st.justin martyr I mean :)

It's like the Orthodox church is the 13th floor of Christianity or something.

Lol, Bugged Atheistic moral system, Error atheist system not responding, input i'm just a good person.exe not responding. Wtf tbh :/

Attached: fed8b2cf061a64c7f3f339ce7bf8b50373a536873744b49c8a3cdeb63de1dd6c.jpeg (640x602, 93.45K)

Literally go to Wikipedia dumb tigger.

Sounds comfy

Just because I don't agree with a belief system, does that mean I "despise" God? That's absurd.

I've never to robbed anyone, nor killed anyone.

Define that.

I'm not.

Isn't you the arrogant one saying only your church can save people?

I have one good excuse: my own intellect. I just happen to not be compatible with christian teachings, and disagree with them. Besides, I don't think there are good reasons to have faith, the facts as depicted by the bible are probably not true.

God gave me my brain, he wants me to think about this stuff and you know, be honest with myself.

Yes. Being good doesn't mean being perfect.

Like Christianity? Believe and you will live forever and ever in heaven, with no bad feelings whatsoever, just you, Jesus, and the kittens!

That depends. You can find supposed evidences for christianity, but you can easily make rational arguments against it too. Not everyone who isn't a christian is a dishonest dumb prick.

Attached: 90329023.jpg (2839x2157, 397.59K)

Wrong premise, you're a bad person, therefore you are going to hell unless you choose the right religion & have the right beliefs generally, because belief informs action.

Checkmate anime-poster

Attached: 0b54b4acc935b065be4e4bd444c6da6bf41fdf40d88575fe97b7fa4b01db14d0.jpg (600x300, 23.63K)

Posting this fake tweet is lying about the words of the Pope. You are bearing false witness against His Holiness.

Now you're officially going to hell. You could have said literally anything else but your mouth condemns you. God only knows what happens to you if you die with that statement on your conscience.

Matthew 5:48
By saying you won't even try, we know where you're heading, good luck
[-]

Attached: TramwayToHell.jpg (900x475, 68.46K)

No, I'm not, cease your autism, nobody genuinely believes Francis said that.

Not wanting to find out the truth, i.e. Not wanting to know God of course it's an insult to Him. Indifference is even worse than atheism.
Neither did I. But I'm still a terrible human.
Have you never erred in life? Never had lustful thoughts? Never wished something that wasn't yours?
I don't believe it.
Everyone sins and you are no exception.
That's the first step. Realising that we are imperfect beings. Being modest.
Just like the young rich man
Mark 10:19-22
Following God requires an hell of an effort.
Christ calls us to follow him. Those who don't cannot be saved because he is the Way, the only Way to the Father, and He is in the Father and the Father in Him, because He and the Father are One.
No because it's isn't an human opinion. In fact we would be saying our faith wasn't the true one if we gave everyone the benefit of doubt.
We believe in that because we are 100% certain of that because Jesus Himself founded the Catholic Church and proved his divinity with miracles and with His resurrection.
We recognise no other truth.
Human philosophies can be wrong, and we shouldn't think we are always right, but God is always right. That's why the Catholic Church is always right because God dwells in Her.
Why, and do you know what are those teachings?
Becauseā€¦
Then read and use your brain and you will get to the truth.
People a billion times more smart than you or me got to the right conclusion.
Even great mathematicians and scientists you people love so much (I'm a scientist too)
Blind belief won't get you nowhere.
You need to love God and your neighbour. Without that that's no salvation.
Can't contain my laughter.
I guess that's why thoughts of atheist and non Christian intellectuals refuted St. Thomas Aquinas arguments. Oh wait non of them did (or can).

Fixed

We speak the same language then;

>nature.com/news/fearful-memories-haunt-mouse-descendants-1.14272

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4270066/

>eneuro.org/content/early/2018/05/14/ENEURO.0038-18.2018

So, I think genetic memory is well established;

>reoxy.org/8circuit.htm#c7

If consciousness emerges from RNA, how much more of a stretch is it that consciousness emerges from the atoms composing RNA?

And if consciousness emerges from atoms, why not sub-atomic particles? Why can't consciousness be innate to matter? At that point, you've admitted to the soul.

Justin Martyr did this for you almost 2000 years ago. He used Paganism to set the stage for the outragious claims of Christianity. Anyone who tries to deny the immortal soul at this point is scientifically illiterate. Any other event in the Bible, I can also explain with reason.

Behold;

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16084184/

Women become marked by every man they have sex with. Anyone can tell how slutty a woman is - she'll have more unique Y's. God will not resurrect adulterers.

More;

>ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/appi.ajp.2017.17060616

Why does stuff the church say is evil make women unhappy?

How can he be more obvious? Everything he says not to do hurts you - only a blind-deaf man can ignore the message the LORD is screaming loud and clear.

Attached: IMG_2442.JPG (500x486 442.64 KB, 69.15K)

Wow, you want a cookie? 99% of humans, including lots of assholes and literal psychopaths, don't commit robberies or murders either. That's not good, that's just baseline.

Expect it is LITERALLY in scripture. You are the arrogant one thinking you can be saved and not be apart of the Church Jesus Himself set up.

It's arrogant people like you that give anime a bad name. Repent and submit to Christ's Church or face the consequences of eternal hellfire.

Attached: jesus-gives-peter-keys.jpg (794x358, 230.65K)

What about the Orthodox? They also have apostolic succession.

This is true. They also follow the councils and reaffirm the teachings in the Didache (the earliest catechism the apostles made). The problem is that they are schismatics that won't recognize the Pope's authority.

But even they are more saved than not even having a religion and just putting blind faith in the Bible.

Apostolic succession is eisegetical

How exactly is Christianity incompatible with your moral system OP? Please enlighten me.

Attached: E05A0025-9751-4033-9D47-70131E2037ED.jpeg (442x638, 261.1K)

That's where you're wrong.

What is good?

God.

You don't understand anything about limbo. Some one like OP can't go. Some one like Aristotle in 300ish BC can for entirely different reasons. OP is here on a Christian board, if Aristotle was introduced to Christianity (300ish BC btw, so what ever) and remained pagan he would have went to Gehenna.

Attached: ncaGkCA.jpg (580x642, 203.6K)

Repent any time.

u mad bro?

OP you're smug and prideful, you look down on others, and you have difficulty understanding or empathizing with other's perspectives. Why do you honestly think you're a good person?

I found the "other sheep" passage in John 10:16. In context, I figured that would just be the Gentiles, who hadn't been revealed to be eligible for salvation yet. The commentary on my Bible basically said this too, and referenced Isaiah 56:8 with this passage.

Cuckime strikes again!

Can someone educate me on the afterlife, Heaven, Hell, limbo, etc.
All I've really been aware of is Heaven and Hell, as far as I knew, limbo was a Catholic thing.

gentiles not only represent the actual gentile, but also represent anyone outside the faith. Christians are the new (and true) jews, those outside the faith are still considered gentiles

you only need to read St. Justin Martyr and the opinions of the Early Church on the matter, they thought it possible that people like Socrates may have been saved

Didn't find a diagram I liked, but Hell is layered. There are two major parts, the outer parts (Limbo, Abraham's bosom) and Gehenna (The lake/pit of fire.) If you are mortally sinful you go to Gehenna to contemplate your sins and suffer for them. On the other hand, there are many people in the old testament that were righteous, yet they had sins that could not be forgiven, as Christ had not yet died on the cross. Because of this they went to what was called Abraham's Bosom, a natural paradise. When Christ died he did not go to Gehenna, but to Abraham's Bosom (Limbo).

If unbaptized babies don't go to heaven, they go to limbo, which is a natural paradise, for they have no sins to contemplate, as another example. Also some one like Socrates who never had any exposure to God, but instead found what God is through reason and opening his heart likely went to Limbo.