Eastern Orthodox brothers...

Eastern Orthodox brothers, tell me why papal authority is incorrect and that the Roman Catholic church is not God's church (Don't bring up Vatican II ya sleez).

Attached: trinitypalaiosthemeron.jpg (2249x3141, 1.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!yc4zQKxY!p0gUBWoP4sgBL-R6cVLE7vQ_QIvAF8Tsb2uzRnVdO9Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Authority is not exactly incorrect. Universal authority, supremacy and infalibillity is.

Can you delete 2 of your other threads OP, 3 of them were created.

The scriptures say:

And about shepherding:

But we also need to see what the saints have said about Peter, Rome, the Pope, primacy, the keys of heaven, the "rock", etc. Here is a text file: mega.nz/#!yc4zQKxY!p0gUBWoP4sgBL-R6cVLE7vQ_QIvAF8Tsb2uzRnVdO9Q

But with all this being said… the primary cause of the schism isn't the papacy. It's the filioque. The papacy is an issue of ecclesiology and understanding the scriptures; but the filioque is a grave heresy that makes Catholics non-Trinitarians, or rather I should say non-Christians.

Didn' the EP get together with the Pope fairly recently and agree that both sides more or less believed the same thing about the nature of the Holy Spirit but worded differently?

Yeah, if you read the bible it's actually the democracy of god haha rekt papastis

This meme provides a decent response to this question also for balance Ive included the orginal meme which this one was responding to

Attached: 1507465605932.jpg (928x2049 149.12 KB, 604.03K)

LOL

nice cherrypicking my friend

Also, do you have no idea how much you're destroying your own case with the whole thing you wrote about "the rock" lmao

In the Greek of Matthew where we have the words "Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church" the word for Peter is Petros and the word for rock is Petra. In classical Greek literature, for example in Homer, you find that the word petros means a kind of a small rock that is part of a great and tremendous rock like Gibraltar. So Our Blessed Lord is really saying to Peter:"Thou art the true Petros of Me, the divine Petra", and both are persons. Christ the Rock was a person, Peter the Rock was a person. So that as the visible body the Church had Peter as its visible rock foundation. As an invisible spiritual reality the mystical body has Christ in Heaven as its spiritual eternal rock.

Attached: lookout.jpg (300x421, 24.77K)

I've literally cited the scriptures. It's not new for Catholics to be allergic to the Bible, but then don't try to discuss something you've never read.

What "whole thing I wrote"? The scriptures? I didn't write them, the apostles did. The quotes of the Fathers that I have copied down? If you had more than a double-digit IQ you would have noticed that I have cited many Fathers who say that the rock is Peter himself. And the rock is Christ. And the rock is the faith of Peter. And the rock is every believer who confesses this faith. The patristic interpretation of the scriptures is more profund than you claim, but I am not surprised that Catholics are also allergic to them.

I'm not aware of such a thing, and I'm under the EP.

And I am well aware that this wasn't a charitable reply. I am sorry for having replied like this. Please forgive me, brother/sister.
But OP asks for Orthodox answers and you immediately get a dumbskull like who jumps in to attack Orthodox ecclesiology, an idiot like who is literally unable to think in anything but memes and polemics, and your dumb ass who is unable to read everything that's in a post before replying mockingly.
Holy shit, can nobody here contain their autism? We are talking about religion, matters of salvation; and we are talking about things we both highly revere, which are the scriptures and the saints. We're not talking about which football team is the best.

And I'll note that this text file about the Pope and primacy has many things that can make the Orthodox uncomfortable as well. You should know already that there isn't a single interpretation of what is Peter's role in the scriptures and how it related to the Pope and the other bishops' before the schism and where Rome's primacy came from, if primacy is even of divine origins to begin with. Because such an issue has never been a dogmatic matter to begin with.(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)

I think the existence and power of ecumenical councils themselves says all we need to know about papal authority. If papal infallibility was the case, he could have saved everyone literally hundreds of years of tragedy and headaches if he had simply declared what's right or not. That would have been so much easier. The top down approach.

But any examination would say it wasn't anything like that. And Rome, while extremely and admirably resilient (at least before the Franks), was just the first among loving, conciliar brothers at the time.

Influenced by Orthodox theology, Vatican II began to embrace again that which the Orthodox bishops (of Greek tradition at least) have said for a while - that there is no primacy without conciliarity, and no conciliarity without primacy.

Why? Is there anything wrong with it?
winnie the pooh off sedevacant heretic.

Should be Catholic Church, the Roman Catholic Church is just the largest of 24 Churches. Common mistake.

The Catholic Church is the biggest Christian Church in the world, the Seat of Peter and all the loyal churches loyal to the Seat.

Despite all the schisms, despite all the protestants, despite all the non-denominational pseudo-cults, God still has His True Church be the beacon.

If Papal Supremacy was true, the history of Christendom would have been much simpler, and Nestorianism would have been dealt with in 2 weeks.

Actually if you really press the Orthodox on it they'll admit there's no theological problem with the Filioque, they just got butthurt that the Pope changed the creed unilaterally

if you double-press the Orthodox, they'll admit the entire thing was the result of a machination of a guy named Photius who got into a spat with Rome because he upended St. Ignatius because political sperging