Commie New York Government To Regulate Red Meat, A Violation of Consumers Choice

New York City's recently-approved "Green New Deal" (not to be confused with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's environmental wish-list) will slash the amount of red meat served in municipally-run facilities by half in order to combat 'climate change' [read: geo-engineering!], according to Breitbart's Josh Caplan.

Excuse me, but isn't capitalism all about consumer choice, supply and demand?

The $14 billion "Green New Deal" will phase out purchases of processed meats in city-run schools, hospitals and correctional facilities by 2040, amid an overall cut in purchases of 50 percent. New York would be the first city in the world to adopt such a policy, and was announced after New York Schools adopted "Meatless Monday" in an effort to encourage the consumption of less meat.

De Blasio (D) said on Monday during the Green New Deal announcement on Monday that he also plans to introduce a bill banning the construction of glass skyscrapers in an effort to reduce citywide greenhouse emissions by 30%.

"We are going to ban the classic glass and steel skyscrapers, which are incredibly inefficient," said the Mayor on MSNBC's 'Morning Joe' Monday morning.

As part of the Green New Deal, New York will power all of the city's operations with energy generated from clean sources, such as Canadian hydropower. The city is also rolling out the mandatory recycling of organics, congestion traffic pricing, and phasing out city-wide purchases of single-use plastic utensils.

The so-called "Green New Deal" - or Climate Mobilization Act, was passed last Thursday in a 45-2 vote.

zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-25/new-yorks-green-new-deal-phase-out-red-meat-50
web.archive.org/web/20190426140049/https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-25/new-yorks-green-new-deal-phase-out-red-meat-50

Attached: Commie New York Government To Regulate Red Meat, A Violation of Consumers Choice.jpg (800x450, 82.54K)

One way to make sure people start fleeing the city. Great job.

Yes, and that's why it must be phased out, for all our future's sake.

Right……. so the government can DICTATE what we can buy and what we can't. Oh how "wonderful." Glad I don't like in a major city or a commie state for that matter.

I can only imagine they'll be forcing people to buy $1,000 iPhones instead being able to buy a cheap flip phone too at some point.

USSA.

New Yorkers can drive out of the city and buy their meat wholesale and save money that way. Get a box freezer, find a legit wholesaler and buy half a cows worth. That will cost around $1,000 however thats a TWO YEAR SUPPLY of meat, thats a LOT of meals for only a grand. If you were to buy that much at any grocery store it would cost 4 to 5 times the price easy considering they charge per pound. Go to some local farmers markets, peek around and meet some of the ranchers selling meat. Many of them are wholesalers who will supply you a very good discount for buying bulk. Then bring it back to NY by truck and enjoy.

Shut up, idiot.

>t.(((you)))

Look, lets be honest and not hostile.
You know its true.

When have control freak bureaucrats ever been satisfied with the amount of laws, authority and power they have consumed? I'll tell you: NEVER. They're always pushing more and more and more bullshit. Same with the gun control laws. Same with consumer regulations. Same with taxes. Same with anything, they never know when to quite, they always want to micromanage us more and more. So fuck those major commie cities.

You're right, you just type like an idiot.

for instace,

the reddit spacing

Who know? All I know is communism leads to third world poverty and starvation and well………

Now that I think about it, he'll order them to make skyscrapers there from the same materials as the mud huts in Africa

Not the user you're replying to, but either provide a counterargument or stay mad.

As an Ameriburger I would think my fellow Ameriburgers would be pretty pissed off and throwing some major cans of whoop ass on Deblasio over this. Makes me feel like were not such burgers after all….. what a shame.

>(((climate change))) is just a scam to introduce more regulatory bullshit
What a fucking shock!

That's Jew York City for you. The entire city should be gassed so that superior Upstate NY wouldn't have to deal with that tumor anymore.

There’s nothing about the government saying we can or can’t buy anything in here. It’s about limiting bad consumer choices.

I mean I’d love to be able to buy Vicodin and adderall out of a vending machine but I can see why that’s a bad idea.

They would probably do something gay, like make a new code that reduces the amount of glass you are allowed to put on a building. Instead of doing something more efficient like requiring all new skyscrappers in New York to be at least LEED Gold. Hell, even try and force the construction industry to engineer glass with a greater r-value. I would not be surprised if their efforts end up fucking natural lighting in new buildings, creating greater artificial lighting costs that will enviably cause more harm to the environment.

Attached: 62b5c4263eb9d52040e317d2c3f9413ea145b51b6ef11f6c9d5b7924ddcc43d7.jpg (217x236, 23.51K)

Friendly reminder that "climate change" is the strawman that lets people continue to POLLUTE, which is objectively happening and could be fought by a one article law:
THE PRICE OF AN ITEM SHALL INCLUDE THE AMOUNT OF MONEY NEEDED TO REVERT THE HARM OF THE PRODUCTION AND USE OF SAID ITEM WRT THE ENVIRONMENT

This is what capitalism looks like.

Fuel costs 100$ a gallon? well fuck that's the real price. Wars COST. You can't afford going to work anymore but you cannot afford making stuff come from china anymore so maybe some work opening nearby is coming.

"In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, not to inform, but to humiliate;
and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies,
or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity. To assent to obvious lies is…in some small way to become evil oneself.
One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control. I think if you examine political correctness,
it has the same effect and is intended to."

Reminder that leftists are all, wholly without exception, narcissistic human garbage that's cancer to society.

This kind of senseless austerity may eventually come back to haunt the Democrats very badly within the next 8 to 12 years….. think about it this way: if all the sudden kids that are 10 to 12 years old in school suddenly learn that all their favorite cafeteria foods were taken away by a political party…. do you think they'll grow up to appreciate that same political party when they are old enough to vote?

Jew York Shitty*

I wonder what all the Jews think about this, knowing they eat a lot of kosher meat. lol. They might just get pissed enough to have Deblasio thrown out a 9 story window over this. Not sure. Maybe there's hidden exemptions for kosher meats? Don't know.

These people won't even let me have sex with farm animals. Besides the people who do nothing but obsess about eating animals. Really im stuck I'm between the gross vorephiles and diarrhea vegans.

NY get angry about something again for once! Fat lazy fucks!

bumping back real news

anti-slide

New Yorkers can drive out of the city and buy their meat wholesale and save money that way. Get a box freezer, find a legit wholesaler and buy half a cows worth. That will cost around $1,000 however thats a TWO YEAR SUPPLY of meat, thats a LOT of meals for only a grand. If you were to buy that much at any grocery store it would cost 4 to 5 times the price easy considering they charge per pound. Go to some local farmers markets, peek around and meet some of the ranchers selling meat. Many of them are wholesalers who will supply you a very good discount for buying bulk. Then bring it back to NY by truck and enjoy.

here we go again

q3t4q43c