REVEALED: Vatican Secret Rules for Priests Who Father Kids…

REVEALED: Vatican Secret Rules for Priests Who Father Kids…
“It’s the next scandal,” said Vincent Doyle, the son of a priest. “There are kids everywhere.”

archive.today/2019.02.19-001236/https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/18/world/europe/priests-children-vatican-rules-celibacy.html

ROME - Vincent Doyle, a psychotherapist in Ireland, was 28 when he learned from his mother that the Roman Catholic priest he had always known as his godfather was in truth his biological father. The discovery led him to create a global support group to help other children of priests, like him, suffering from the internalized shame that comes with being born from church scandal. But one archbishop finally showed him what he was looking for: a document of Vatican guidelines for how to deal with priests who father children, proof that he was hardly alone.

The longstanding tradition of celibacy among Roman Catholic clergy was broadly codified in the 12th century, but not necessarily adhered to, even in the highest places. Rodrigo Borgia, while a priest, had four children with his mistress before he became Pope Alexander VI, an excess that helped spur Martin Luther’s Protestant Reformation. Luther wrote mockingly that the pope had as much command over celibacy as “the natural movement of the bowels.” But Mr. Doyle said that the website for his support group, Coping International, has 50,000 users in 175 countries. He said he was first shown the Vatican guidelines in October 2017 by Archbishop Ivan Jurkovic, the Vatican's envoy to the United Nations in Geneva.

Mr. Gisotti, the Vatican spokesman, said that the internal 2017 document synthesized a decade's worth of procedures, and that its "fundamental principle" was the "protection of the child. Mr. Doyle, who once studied for the priesthood and has sought to cooperate with church leaders, played a role in developing them, said Martin Long, a spokesman for the Irish Bishops' Conference. Canon lawyers say that there is nothing in church law that forces priests to leave the priesthood for fathering children. In 2010, Mr. Zattoni sued Father Tosi, demanding to be recognized. The Vatican eventually instructed Father Tosi's bishop to admonish him and remind him of his responsibilities as a father, but did not demand his removal from the priesthood.

Father Tosi died in 2014, still a priest. "It's a breakthrough, and anybody can do it," said Linda Lawless, 56, an amateur genealogist in Australia, and herself the daughter of a priest, who has helped members of Coping International. Last year, she used a DNA test and the increasingly comprehensive databases and family trees of the genealogical website Ancestry.com to confirm that her biological father was a priest.

Skimcast: skimcast.com/view/?type=page&url=https://pastebin.com/raw/gZ1tdLK2&len=30

Attached: 583.jpg (300x288, 10.95K)

His father should have been Orthodox.

Man, as if the other scandals haven't been enough, this comes out.
Despite my disagreements with Rome, I can't help but feel bad for professing Catholics.

Attached: tfwnofootfethishpriest_.png (1300x1300, 1.21M)

What's wrong with having a foot fetish

Haha what
Source or I'm left to believe Orthos are so unfamiliar with sexual misconduct that they don't even know how to be secretive when they fall into /tv/emptation.

That has to be bait, I need a source, user.

Attached: what on earth am I reading.jpg (900x669, 1.02M)

It's lust. Lust gets you nothing but the lake of fire. Don't even give me that but Jesus never said anything about foot fetishes bs I know you are thinking of.

I remember reading about it, it's not bait, she was the Colombian wife of a Greek guy IIRC who went to his church and she converted to orthodoxy for her husband. But this is what the priest did with her

Despicable.
This doesn't discredit the validity of their claims, but it surely doesn't help their image.

Also I implore you not to look it up because it is much worse than just foot stuff

Everything.

Attached: F3010F45-A976-462B-9556-19E8EBC24020.png (640x640, 423.04K)

We hear this everytime. It's almost as if these people are excited at attacking Christianity

I wish I had taken your advice.

Really makes you think how Catholic scandals are held to an infinitely higher standard than any other group, even coreligious ones, getting vastly more negative press and political consequence. Just a thought.

It’s wrong when you allow your fetish to lead you to lust. As is with any body part fetish/everything. Do you even have to ask?

I wish people applied to attitude to Catholicism

Why do some priests break their vows of celibacy? No one is forcing them to remain priests, no one would hate them if they resigned from their priesthood, got married, have sex or reproduce. But why do they continue to trick everyone they know?

Yes, that is true; but it's undeniable we need a vicar of Christ soon to swipe clean the deck of the ship and start to mend to its damaged haul.
I am just glad God will not abandon His bride He placed on Earth.

Also, there's a sort of morbid irony to it all…
(far from justifying all these disgusting and despicable behaviours: even just one priest who did, does or will ever do something like that is already a priest too much…)

We are human, we do the stupidest things no matter what: be it hubris, lower instincts, etc…

based

Priests with secret kids are a much lesser problem than homosexual priests