Girls Outshine Boys on Federal Exam of Tech, Engineering Skills

The country’s 8th graders improved their scores on a national technology and engineering exam, with girls significantly outpacing boys and most gains seen among higher-performing students.

Overall, scores on the National Assessment of Educational Progress in Technology and Engineering Literacy (TEL) in 2018 were two points higher than when the National Center for Education Statistics first administered the exam in 2014. The share of students scoring proficient or above rose from 43 percent to 46 percent.

“Girls have done extremely well in this assessment,” said Peggy G. Carr, the associate commissioner of assessment at NCES. “We did not see improvement at the lower-end of our ability distribution.”

The TEL exam is administered every four years. Between January and March of 2018, 15,400 8th graders in about 600 schools took the assessment, which is given on laptop computers.

The test uses a mix of multiple-choice questions and scenario-based performance tasks. A sample task might involve students figuring out how to promote a fictional recreation center for teenagers—first selecting audio clips for a podcast, then identifying the key facts that will resonate with a target audience and giving constructive feedback to digital “partners.” The goal is to gauge not just students’ technical skills, but their ability to work well with others to solve real-world problems.

It was on those skills that girls dramatically outperformed boys, outscoring them by nearly 8 points on practices related to “communicating and collaborating.” Boys were particularly poor, for example, at properly crediting other people for their work and ideas, something they were significantly less likely to say they learned about or discussed in school.

“It suggests that maybe boys could do better, and this is a path forward for them, if we could help them improve in this area,” said Carr of NCES.
Encouraging Growth

Big-picture, the TEL exam is an outgrowth of two big trends in K-12: efforts to expand the pipeline of students into STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields, and experiments with new forms of digital assessment that aim to measure students’ problem-solving processes.

But TEL isn’t limited to students who aim to become engineers or computer scientists. And one of the purported benefits of its scenario-based tasks is that educators can’t teach specifically to the test.

Instead, the exam “is designed to address how well students have mastered the processes and tools they need to participate intelligently and thoughtfully in the world around them,” according to a frequently asked questions document released by the National Center for Education Statistics.

On that front, the widespread TEL gains are reason to be encouraged, officials said.
edweek.org/ew/articles/2019/04/30/girls-outshine-boys-on-federal-exam-of.html?cmp=soc-edit-tw

Choose one.

So girls outscored boys in the pointless bullshit area of the tests. And not on the actual tech and engineering skills portions. Makes sense…

I've seen firsthand how well women do with highly technical skills like programming. I found myself easily able to outpace women with several years of experience within a year or getting a job as a programmer (I'm a white male). It's actually quite pathetic how poor their aptitude is for a highly technical job like computer programming. It also explains why video games have went to shit lately. Video game companies only hire women and trannies now, and it shows.

I'd like to see an all-female submarine crew. Then join them on a 6-month mission. As an observer. From the military press.

As a man, I can confirm men are retards.

Absolute state of patheticness

if you're so 'superior', tell the rest of the class why no woman will fuck you, Zelda

some things never change

Attached: super-computer-nerd-580x3481-e1379439793236.jpeg (580x348, 57.84K)

males are embarrassing monkeys
and you douchebag nerds can't hide
your bitter resentment towards females

So same as the dumbed down standardized tests, and requirements for police/fire/military: if fire-hydrant-shaped wymyn-of-colluh can't do it, you have to make it easier.

If DuhKwanda can wheeze her way to rescue you, why can't MuhBesity "collaborate" her way to shitty code that won't run?

your 'superiority' to women reminds me of the white supremacists who misspelled 'nigger'

A: nobody but losers and gamers

Q: who gives a flying fuck about code?

Video game computer geek losers with the ladies harbor a collective deep set resentment towards females

Who would have thought?

Where else are they going to put the diversity "engineers"? Sure as shit won't be designing bridges or power plants. BigTech monopolies can still afford the dead weight.

"WAAAAHHHHH!!! VIDEOGAMES WENT TO SHIT!!! WAAAAHHHHH GIRLS DONT WIKE MEEE!!"

Attached: Baby-Cries-What-Your-Baby-Is-Trying-to-Tell-You-baby-post-by-Mama-Natural-750x394.jpg (750x394, 70.12K)

You conceited shit. Watching a yt tutorial on c# and writing 3-4 scripts does not make you a programmer. Encountering two or three women who halfass their jobs does not prove that you can outperform them as a gender.

If you actually anything about programming you'd know how many women pioneered the field and how many tools we use today were created by women generations ago, and you wouldn't talk shit about women.

you might want to use Nature's Miracle instead of laundry detergent when washing your bed linens

Attached: 2732230-center-1.jpg (2000x2000, 161.9K)

go get'm, tiger

pompous sissy

Wow!

Computer engineers are involved in many hardware and software aspects of computing, from the design of individual microcontrollers, microprocessors, personal computers, and supercomputers, to circuit design. This field of engineering not only focuses on how computer systems themselves work but also how they integrate into the larger picture.

lol@you thinking the National Assessment of Educational Progress in Technology and Engineering Literacy deals with PROGRAMMING

(just because you have the most boring lackluster job on planet Earth doesn't mean other people do)

spotted the bitter homosexual again

BEGONE THOT

Mr. Excitement :
THE LADIES MAN !!

Attached: PicsArt_05-03-09.39.22.jpg (1501x1123, 457.76K)

Stop projecting, L'chaim.

That doesn't even have anything remotely to do with tech skills. WTF

Q: who would say "video game companies only hire women and trannies now, and it shows"

A: somebody who ACTUALLY PLAYS VIDEO GAMES

lol wow !!…. grow up, Sassypants

Attached: PicsArt_05-03-09.47.56.jpg (1280x720, 114.27K)

Women contributed absolutely nothing to Comp sci. The myth of ADA is farce. she didn't design anything. Anymore than the dumb women worked at the punch card centers did.

RE: videogames

sssshhh!! the grown ups are trying to be heterosexuals

Attached: 10096215-cute-little-boy-playing-video-games.jpg (1300x819, 76.01K)

I know a chick I used to date who helped design a 3D scanning program for commercial 3D printing

I can guarantee she could run circles around you

and she's making shitloads of money

feel free to tell us what you
'contributed' to computer science

other than the sebum stench
and perspiration stains on your
computer chair, of course

Sure, there are three or four of them. The other 95% are HR, compliance, or other overhead who "work in tech", "build teams", "advocate for girls in STEM", or blog about how problematic everything in tech is.

Those who can't, bitch.

ironically, it's you who's bitching

I'm not bitching…. as always, I'm just here to remind you guys of REALITY:

video games = no pussy

My son and I just ate an amazing dinner and now we're going on to Cherry Street for 'first Friday's where the first Friday of each month, they have shit going on downtown and people can drink in public without getting arrested

you guys have a good night

we just ate ate Bearfoot Tavern, where the food is amazing, and the interior of the restaurant is cool as shit

Attached: 20190503_222400.jpg (1280x1061, 728.75K)

not to take sides, but how useful is your opinion if you're a retard?

I've packed my cock into hundreds and hundreds of hot women and teenaged girls. who's the incompetent retard?

(go turn the ladies on with some code string)

You say things like that in front of girls to get them to touch your wee wee. Saying that over the internet won't earn you any brownie points.

Yeah that's a load of shit. Women get pushed into these things because they have vaginas while men are constantly pushed out because they're "problematic". Nothing has anything to do with actual skill

Fuck you fucking damn bitch!

I'm going to find all these misandric women, and I'm going to castrate them!

I'm going to cut her disgusting and disgusting vagina … I'll grind it in a blender. I will also explode and cut your breasts! - His disgusting tits.
later I will burn them in wood and I will go fuck their children and husbands.

I am a MAN, and I love being a MAN, and I only love MEN and BOYS!

I HATE women and girls!

Look at this normalfag gargling his shitscript and unoptimized code. The absolute state of the gaijin filth.

I've met exactly one that I'd call skilled. She was actually pretty fun to hang out with, though she didn't like to do water cooler shit and was a bit of a sperg in general so maybe that was a factor. Every other woman has had to be carried in any project, or given busywork tasks that anyone can do.

They don't call it the ed-JEW-cational system for nothin!

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD !"

vs.

IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
PROGRAM-ID. KARTEST2.
ENVIRONMENT DIVISION.
DATA DIVISION.
PROCEDURE DIVISION.
DISPLAY 'HELLO WORLD ! ' .
GOBACK.

Balancing the equation
Promote girls
Discourage boys
Encourage feminism
Discourage "toxic" masculinity
Affirmative action
Have women work so they dont breed secure family units
Remove spirit from boys by labelling them ADHD and chemically impair them

Good luck….heirarchy exists in nature. We are highly developes apes. When social structure collapses….natural heirarchy resumes.

Tick tock.

P.s Good job to all the females who hate feminism and just go about doing their best and not jumping on the bandwagon and the easy way to accomplishments backed by affirmative action.

Sometimes it's hard to tell if we're being raided by external websites or if some Zig Forums users are just neurotic and very bitter

Attached: D0sNRyEX0AIR-31.jpg (1200x675, 105.09K)

Womyn were hired at 1st in computing, but menstrual blood leaking into wires on the floor effed things up

Then they kept programming the punch cards to find a suitable mate amongst their male coworkers.

And then they kept taking time off to have babies
Fucking useless creatures

note the blood dripping down the legs

Attached: bloody womyn.jpg (2048x1248, 623.89K)

Attached: womyns intuition.jpg (2048x1248, 657.47K)

Attached: GO GIRL.jpg (2048x1248, 689.05K)

It's a discord group. Same thing is happening to Zig Forums on all threads

They've literally jury rigged a test to favour girls, playing to their social skills, and then applied a vaguely technological context so they can say 'SEE, GIRLS ARE WELL GOOD AT TECH SHIT'. They've proven the evil nazis right, but hailed it as a victory for their own backwards worldview. Utter spastics. How the fuck did these people take power? They suck at everything. They aren't even slightly convincing.

You should have added:

Kek at all the butthurt responses to my original post about women, in general, being poor programmers. I love it.

I could add a few more points. The women I've worked with not only worked two or three times more slowly, but they wrote less concise code, and created more bugs in their implementations. They were terrible at tracking down bugs and fixing complex problems. Even the very best female programmer I've worked with was a just barely competent programmer. And she actively avoided working on complex problems, even though she had a masters degree in computer science.

Now I'm aware that there must be some decent female programmers out there. But I sure as hell never saw any in my computer science program or in my job. The only thing they did better than me was with documentation and presentation skills. And no surprise there. Women excel in communication-based tasks. But, generally speaking, they seem to make piss poor programmers.

BTW, male-to-female transfags do not count as women, for the purposes of pointing out good female programmers. While I would never hire such an abomination, I know they do get jobs as programmers. It's honestly the easiest way for companies to appear progressive while still hiring men to be their programmers.

Dude, you need to use phones and computers, thats technology, so girls are better at tech.

Transfags don't code, they get jobs in HR or compliance or made-up shit that involves nagging or getting in the way of the actual coders. They're the ones pushing more "workshops" and mandatory videos involving star engineers Caitlynne, DuhTardicus, and Mtmfmbe.

Hence all their kvetching about "team building" and "educating" an "advocating". They don't do any real work but have attached themselves thanks to BigTech Monopolies having enough money and leftist ideology to put up with their obnoxiousness.

Well, none of this is surprising to me. But I wouldn't know from firsthand experience. I live in a conservative area where transfags are still rightfully ostracized for being the abominations that they are. But, unfortunately, I know that we'll eventually hit a point where gender becomes a Federally protected class like sex, sexual orientation, and race. Then there will be tranny quotas to go along with the sex and racial quotas. It's fucking pathetic. With so many quotas, hiring people with the right skills will become increasingly difficult.

This is how incompetence in India became so ingrained. Every government department has armies of retard cousins filling quotas for all their made up tribes.

Now imagine that with people who weren't just low IQ, but mentally deranged. "Going postal" over "microaggressions" or not using whatever new terms they invented this week will be a nonstop occurrence.

Wew what compels you to defend womyn like this dont you know they are independent and stronk its abit humiliating for womyn if they need YOU to defend them

I imagine that pride is a foreign concept to them.

Categorically incorrect. Even if it were possible a woman could possess the brain physiology required for genius (which is not granted), she would have no incentive to in this sociopolitical climate.

I think you just described my sister.
Real smart, able to comprehend complex mathematical theorems and application, okay at programming, and good at technical tasks, and most hard sciences (mostly biology, surprisingly).
But, she's also blonde with big tits, and realized acting dumb and pretty with a victim complex is easier than working hard.
She married a devoted retard so that he could slave away while she enjoys his effort. She had a mongrel with him out of boredom and has our mother raise the kid for her.

And people wonder why we don't like women.

no the OC we want but the OC we desrve

Attached: 4k resolution.jpg (814x646, 95.51K)

Kek, or something that means Lol. To you people. *cough*

Saying that they're being tested on their technology skills this way is like saying that you're testing you essay writing skills by reading articles and answering fill in's.

No one with half a brain or more seriously believes this wasn't rigged.

Don't boys jack off more than girls?

Don't boys jack off more than girls?

I agree women are scum but you need to bridle your autism