Let's face it. Protestants cannot into aesthetics. Its mostly modern, ugly and cheap...

Let's face it. Protestants cannot into aesthetics. Its mostly modern, ugly and cheap. Only exception are Anglicans and Lutherans, but even they just copy Catholics.

Attached: literature.jpg (1026x548, 218.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_William_Shakespeare
youtube.com/watch?v=MDx9AT55TJU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Let's face it, this is a bait thread

Attached: 20190126_172104.jpg (4032x3024, 8.28M)

I agree

I do also like the way the Orthodox/Eastern-Catholics do things too though. It manages to feel archaic, yet still eloquent in the same way mid to late medieval art does.

If Joel Osteen is quintessentially Protestant, then the Lavender Mafia are quintessentially Catholic.
This post only makes you sound like a whiny bitch.

Joel Osteen is to Protestantism as Andrew Cuomo and James Martin are to Catholicism.
Also, fixed your fallacious image.

Attached: Christian Literature (Fair and Balanced Edition).jpg (1026x549, 273.36K)

Just noticed the edge overlapped.
Fixed now.

Attached: Christian Literature (Fair and Balanced Edition).jpg (1026x532, 261.97K)

Granted plenty of protty shit looks like bollocks, but you can't tact gold and white onto everything and say it looks anywhere near good

pick one.

Attached: Francis5.jpg (640x480, 59.56K)

I don't know. Anglicans at least seem to have a pretty good track record.

Attached: SantosPassionistas-02.jpg (1500x1956, 825.4K)

There's actually speculation that Shakespeare was Catholic…

Also, surprised no Catholic has mentioned Oscar Wilde if we're talking literary aesthetics, given how much he's associated with it.

Let's not forget Lewis. The stream of consciousness scene at the end of Perelandra was aesthetic as Whinnie the Poohbear.

One could say that about most/all modern religious practices. All superficial faces designed to attract capital in the form of self-help seminars and faux personalities. Each a mask, desperately trying to hide from the prying eyes of humanity yet all doomed to fail in the eyes of the creator.

It's why I generally hope most people go about spirituality in their own way after obtaining something of a knowledge-base.

Yea, that's more probably the Case, Shakespeare was more Catholic at heart. And you can see allegories of this in his Writings. When Hamlet is talking to his Dead Father's Ghost. As an allegory to Purgatory that his soul still had sins that he had to pay for, and couldn't move on yet. So i'd agree with that claim that Shakespeare although convert over to Protestantism. Was More Catholic at heart in his beliefs.

It's definitely possible, but I'd be less skeptical if it wasn't for the fact that every group tries to say that Shakespeare was one of them. The atheists say that he was an atheist, the gays say that he was gay, the blacks say that he was black etc. At least the Catholic theory isn't as far fetched as those.

Some say he never existed at all, but was an amalgam of people like Francis Bacon and others. So …

I dont want to attack protestants because they appeared due to the imperfection of the Church. The islam also appeared for this same cause.

You're all avoiding the man question: Did Shakespeare have scales or feathers?

*main

Attached: 1342536754653.gif (270x220, 24.37K)

uh…

Attached: t-rex skin fossil.jpg (800x600, 105.52K)

Let's face it. Warmbloods cannot into aesthetics.

Passionists are peak aesthetic.

Attached: cp-saints.jpg (402x566, 118.07K)

Attached: 96093753_f7b9043796_o.jpg (1027x682, 1.06M)

I agree it's a strawman. If you want to meme on Catholics back you should put this under Catholicism.

Attached: Building a Bridge.jpg (300x452, 31.22K)

Shakespeare is on Elizabethan record has skipping Anglican Sunday Mass using crypto-catholic excuses to avoid it at the time.

I also remember Shakespeare's puritan daughter seeming to rebuke him a bit (puritans were against the theatre as well as catholicism), so it kinda makes sense.

dickens was not anglican, he was unitarian

as for milton, he would have wept to see the day the anglicans admitted women bishops

Shakespeare was not Catholic, but his mother's family were "Old Rite" at least:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_William_Shakespeare

youtube.com/watch?v=MDx9AT55TJU

This documentary details the surprisingly large amount of evidence for Shakespeare, and will also delight the Catholics on this board for neverendingly hyperventilating about Tudor security measures, since it is well known that no Catholic kingdom had such. Also, he loves to put words in Will's head. Still, as a collection of old records documenting the Bard, much here is to be admired.

I am thy father's spirit,
Doom'd for a certain term to walk the night,
And for the day confined to fast in fires,
Till the foul crimes done in my days of nature
Are burnt and purged away.

Hamlet was written after the 39 Articles:

Or more elaborately:

Funny, it seems like the Apostolics ITT are the only ones who care about physical appearance.

I mean, I'm catholic and I couldn't really care less about the look of things. I myself don't dress at all like most Christians (Spiked hair, leather jacket, jeans, Doc Martins). It probably looks funny when I'm in church next to people in dress clothes (though I do dress up on holy days), but id rather come into god's house as I truly am than put on a facade.

I can still appreciate aesthetics though. It's an attempt to go the extra mile for the sake of glorifying Christ. That doesn't mean something like a low mass or an impoverished church aren't still beautiful for what they represent (ie the faith being present in all forms, regardless of wealth, status, culture, etc.).

I'm the same way. You misunderstand many protestants. I see the value of going the extra mile for our Lord, like Mary Magdalene with the myrrh, but I also have no problem with simplicity.

The problem I have with Protestantism (as well as liberal Catholicism) is simplification to the point of commodification (as demonstrated in the OPs examples). I like there to be a strong sense of sanctity in my religious practice, and while I do say this is an issue that impacts all denominations to varying degrees, I see it more commonly in Protestantism than I do in Catholicism or Orthodoxy.

I understand the need to make the faith accessible, but if you go too far it starts to become more of a bland social club. That's part of why I'm really into monasticism and asceticism; it's hyper simplistic while also being incomparably reverent.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: rage.mp4 (854x480, 2.3M)

Top kek
That was a great movie
Thanks for the memories
Polite sage for off topic

I'm not sure if I can speak for other branches of Protestantism, but at least in Reformed circles, there's a profound sense of spirituality.
Psalm-singing is common, if not normative in churches.
Not to mention the various reformed writers who provided moving theological treatises (Jonathan Edwards, John Owen, John Bunyan, etc.).

In fact, there's a story told of Edwards not sure if it's true or not that he went out riding into the woods to reflect and pray.
While meditating on the Trinity, he wept at how beautiful the nature of God was.
Granted, many professed "Protestants" have shallow, ridiculous spirituality, but nominalism has been a problem since Constantine made Christianity a licit religion.

Based

What movie is that? I am really curious.

It's from the movie Oedipus Rex based on the famous greek play. The movie tried to present the play in a way that the greeks would present it. The movie over all was okay, but this scene is most memorable because of just how over-the-top his rage is.

And here is the whole movie of you want to watch it
sage for double post