I'm new to Christianity, but I'm really interested into it. For me...

I'm new to Christianity, but I'm really interested into it. For me, Christianity is the only Religion that could be real. Can anybody tell me the differences between Catholism, Orthodoxism, and Protestantism? And if so all the Protestant groups like for example Baptism. It would be great if you tell me these things, because I really want to know. I only have like 3 Christian friends, and they don't know anything about their religion. I think they don't even really believe in it.

Pic unrelated

Attached: 67fe0b5e55a62ce3aef8ec3612f4332e624b243d34721936088556c7686d4037.jpg (400x369, 22.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UA8_fqUZLEU
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbDsxw-e0m3mIkapUEZ_-5BEOr19F4t73
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKXGJjRU-bTV8i7pQ700Z4Jkw0WN1djiO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: modernity in brief.jpg (981x1545, 125.71K)

Retarded hegelian trash

My brother, this video might help you, just read the Bible and never follow the fallible words of men.

youtu.be/UA8_fqUZLEU

Attached: 1550684932259.png (822x802, 680.45K)

Thank you

This will give you a pretty good rundown of Orthodoxy and how it compares to the others:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbDsxw-e0m3mIkapUEZ_-5BEOr19F4t73

Thank you

I'm biased Catholic so obviously you know which way I'm going to lean if i explain it to you. Instead. I implore you to check out the 3 "general" threads in regards to Catholicism, Orthodoxy, and Protestant (Baptist or Lutheran)

One thing I will say is Becareful reading the KJV by yourself. Many people have read it and have come to false personal interpretations of the Christian faith. For the love of God and all that is holy, stay far far away from gnostics and gnosticism. I've been down that rabbit hole and trust me, it is nothing but angst, pain, and suffering.

Attached: 43064230_249986579024098_37599236016851492_n.jpg (480x480, 20.6K)

Ok Thank you

It's my pleasure. God bless you on your spiritual journey, pilgrim.

Attached: 5528b7db8ed794428761606a479a87b4.jpg (1536x2726, 296.37K)

You have a lot of education ahead of you, user. If you truly want to make an educated decision, it may take well over a year to decide which faith is indeed the true faith because there are many theological complexities to Christianity. I myself am Catholic because I believe that Catholics are always right about everything (that is, those Catholics who actually believe the Church's dogma) and I believe that the Church was truly founded by Christ with the primacy of the Bishop of Rome. If you are investing the time and effort, I suggest reading Rome Sweet Home by Scott Hahn, a short book that can be read in a matter of hours, and Upon this Rock by Steven Ray. Those two do not necessarily deal with dogma, but they give historical evidence for the primacy of the Pope. If the Pope is truly the head of Christ's Church, then any dogmatic contentions are not up for discussion.

Attached: 719aD2W3CGL (1)

Thank you

Oh…

you realize the bible was written be fallible men right?

Attached: 343.jpg (596x628, 39.44K)

It was written by fallible men but they were guided by God when writing it. 2 Timothy 3:16 says all scripture was God breathed, it is truly God's word whether it was written by fallible men or not.

I'm catholic, and this argument is terrible and heretical.

What you should have mentioned is that the Holy Spirit didn't suddenly stop informing what certain men say after the Apostles died. To say otherwise is to suggest that God has abandoned us.

If the Holy spirit didn't inform certain men in particular there would be no need for priests, preachers, etc. But since protestants also have those, clearly they believe this to be the case.

None of what I said comes against the guidance of the church by the holy spirit.

It was a quip. and it wasn't wrong (technically)

That's right, but that doesn't mean the bible is all encompassing.

It's not technically wrong, but the way you used it was. The dude who replied to you was right to point out what you were implying. I'd rather not perpetuate the stereotype that Catholics don't know/have proper Biblical Theology.

Men are indeed fallible, which is exactly why we need the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the Grace of God. A more proper way of saying this would be to say that the Bible is the infallible Word of God transmitted through fallible men by the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

alright say that instead of sperging out and calling people heretics.

They're wrong because what they are implying is that just because you're listening to another person means you aren't guided by the Holy Spirit, which is ridiculous.

Ignoring people who come to Catholicism based off of a personal interpretation of scripture such as myself , they're implying that just because you're listening to a teacher or theologian you are inherently not being guided by the Holy Spirit, which is false.

The worst kind of heresy is subtle heresy. I reacted as quickly and as fervently as I did because falsehoods founded on truth are the most likely to lead people astray, and therefore must be dealt with as such. Same approach the Church Fathers had to heresy.

I also added an inb4 saying that I knew the bible infallible. I was criticizing the other user since I thought he implied since men are fallible, tradition is fallible.

Have you read the verse right after that?

Last Note: When I say "personal interpretation of scripture," I mean without any foreknowledge of established doctrine. Not personal in a literal sense.

I didn't know denominational ideologies prior to reading scripture, so when I looked at the doctrines of each I went with the one that was most in line with what I felt the meaning of scripture was (an interpretation which I attribute to the grace of God).

Last post since I have to leave soon, but I believe what I said wasnt heresy given the proper context. It was unwise for me to meme in a serious thread. OP, listen to nothing I said before since it has caused confusion.

Since you'll inevitably come across the issue of which bible translation to use as well, I'll just leave this here:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKXGJjRU-bTV8i7pQ700Z4Jkw0WN1djiO