Can mathematical and scientific production be forms of worship?

Can mathematical and scientific production be forms of worship?

Attached: Laurent_Lafforgue.png (462x390, 133.5K)

No scripture, no praise, no prayer, no psalms, no body of believers to join with..

Yeah, I'm not sure what you mean by worship.

The dictionary definition of worship.

Oxford
VERB

[WITH OBJECT]
1Show reverence and adoration for (a deity)
‘the Israelites built the temple to worship God'
1.1 [no object] Take part in a religious ceremony.
‘the family worshipped at Trinity Church’

1.2 Feel great admiration or devotion for.
‘she adores her sons and they worship her’

So how does writing numbers and theorms on a paper worship God?

I guarantee you I can make literally anything sound stupid by writing it in a funny way.

Terry Davis built a temple, called TempleOS, to worship the Lord. I was wondering if anyone had any interesting ideas on whether such a temple could be built on maths, or on science, or on the extents of such temple building in general.

Ah! I see. The OP was a bit vague, but I see what you're talking about.

I would consider math and science to be treated similarly to crafts. They aren't inherently holy, but could certainly be blessed and perhaps even glorify God if performed prayerfully and with the intent of glorifying God. Such as music, art, or other crafts could.

On the topic of Terry Davis, I think the man was brilliant, and that it's a tragedy that he was taken by his insanity. Even when half of what he was saying was insane babble, the other half was extremely technical knowledge and experienced wisdom on the topic of comp sci. Even when he was so deeply gripped by his schizophrenia, he was attempting to glorify God. I pray that God cleansed his soul of madness and took him to the kingdom.

Who cares?

No, idolatry.

I don't see why not. Scientific and mathematical research was first about seeing the reflection of Divinity in other things and it was tied to the Church. It was only really during the 19th century it came to be heavily associated with secular, commercial interests.

I mean are you referring to Scientism? If so then yes i believe so it's pretty obvious. Which usually Scientism just like Deism seems to be a slippery slope down into Atheism. Scientism seems to be a slippery slope right into Transhumanism. Which are both pretty Big Demonic pitfalls. A giant prelest essentially.

Actually, scientific and mathematical research were done by pagans exploring the natural world.

Christian church put a stop for that for 100-200 years in the Early Medieval era.

Liar.

Attached: 2019_03_14_080746.png (1080x802, 813.71K)

Genetic research, like all research, were inspired by Aristotle, the great Teacher.

And science has done such a good job healing the world. We're all so thankful for contraceptives, abortion, nuclear weapons that could end the world, anime, yada yada yada.

When will you get up your fat ass and actually read history for once? Oh never, since "rationality is cancer"

Yes, we should have resurrected Jesus and let him heal the world instead.

Never, since rationality is cancer.

The church kikes hold their holy text for thousands of years until Martin Luther say maybe it's good for the peasants to read it too, meanwhile, most medieval peasants are illiterate.

That doesn't change anything. You are still a liar.

Oh boy, it's gonna be one of those threads.

in a sense of being a vocation, yes.

Science is the pursuit of the knowledge. Technology is the imposition of human will onto it. Never blame the Reason for what the passions have created.

Aquinas would be disappointed in you.

oh. pfff

Every time

Attached: photo_2016-10-03_14-06-16.jpg (1280x569, 63.73K)

kek would love to see more variations of this chart

I'm sorry.

kind of interesting. sounds like you did some of the same meandering around as myself.

Only in the sense that they all come from God and he is the only one being worshipped and all your exploration of science is just a way of understanding his creation as much as possible within your finite brain.