12 white male cops sue San Francisco police for race, sex bias

SAN FRANCISCO — Twelve white male San Francisco police officers are suing the city, arguing they were passed over for promotions because of their race and gender.
Mullanax said that in 2016, the department promoted three black sergeants, even though their scores were lower than those of 11 white candidates who were denied promotions.

San Francisco settled a similar 2003 lawsuit for $1.6 million, but did not acknowledge wrongdoing.

Mullanax said the Police Officers Association contacted Chief William Scott but none of the officers who met with Scott received any "substantive response."

John Coté, a spokesman for City Attorney Dennis Herrera, said the department "uses lawful, merit-based civil service examinations in making promotions.

The lawsuit challenges a test-scoring method that the city adopted in 1979 in response to a lawsuit from a group representing black and female officers, who alleged discrimination in hiring and promotions.

San Francisco "bands" promotional test scores so that people who score within a certain range are treated the same, which means the department can consider other factors such as language skills and experience in awarding promotions. The latest lawsuit challenges that method.

"The city — to this day — has a long-standing practice and custom of discriminating against white males in SFPD promotions to the rank of sergeant, lieutenant and captain," said M. Greg Mullanax, the officers' attorney, in the lawsuit.

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/12-white-male-officers-sue-san-francisco-police-race-sex-n1017096?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Attached: 971364c147b75a27a289fdc8dfd0a604--crazy-funny-too-funny.jpg (236x331, 14.82K)

Why are white men so fucking sensitive?

While this is technically true, they still have diversity quotas that must be met. As such, more qualified white males must be passed over.

In other words they're shockingly below average for police officers a position in which you can literally be too intelligent to be accepted and decided to make a fuss
Based and BluePilled
Fuck the Cops whatever fucks them over more and keeps them tearing each other apart ok the inside

trump appointed federal judges will rule in favor of the 14th amendment, the jim crow era ended 55 years ago, almost nobody still working today deserves affirmative action benefits. letting people get economic benefits based on their skin tone needs to end eventually.

I'm sure you'd like it if you worked hard and did a good job, only to be repaid by someone less qualified getting a promotion instead of you? No, you certainly would not.

100% agreed. There have been blacks in all of the highest offices in the country at this point. That shit needs to end.

el oh fuckin' el mate, have you been on Zig Forums lately? Or here? Or anywhere in the United States?

> San Francisco "bands" promotional test scores so that people who score within a certain range are treated the same, which means the department can consider other factors such as language skills and experience in awarding promotions. The latest lawsuit challenges that method.

>Mullanax said that in 2016, the department promoted three black sergeants, even though their scores were lower than those of 11 white candidates who were denied promotions.

Seems to me that the reasonableness of this policy depends on how wide the “bands” are. Like, lumping in a 3.8-4.0 GPA would seem reasonable, but lumping in 3.0-4.0 might be a bit too wide.

Racism may not be over. But blacks can do well if they don't act like niggers. It's all up to them. We no longer need affirmative action.

Pretty much.

If it is a 1 out of 10 type score and you lump in 5's with the 9's that is pretty FUBAR and basically designed to allow you to pick and choose who you promote for reasons.

My old town had trouble getting black police officers specifically. There were lots of qualified white people who could do the job, but they had a diversity quota to fill, and they wanted to hire black people only. This gets LOTS of news coverage, PD brass goes on tv and BEGS black people to become cops; but the scant few who do apply can't pass the civil service exam.

With the deadline looming before old black cops retire and mess with their self-imposed racial quota, the bigwigs have a brilliant idea. After the tests are graded, they changed the grading scale for black people ONLY; so that a black person passed with a 50% score instead of 70%.

This created even MORE news attention. Even the NAACP protested. The police brass held a press conference and just shrugged their shoulders "We filled the diversity quota; why are you mad?"

high iqs

so cops are avg intelligence to begin with and now we give genuinely stupid humans the authority to hold a gun on us?

diversity quota is about equality of outcome not equality of opportunity. . .
Id say point me to the questions on the test that are racist and I'll gladly protest to get them removed. But the fact that mostly white people apply and mostly white people pass is not racist. Correlation doesn't equal causation.

Only whites actually care about maintaining law and order. Niggers would turn the entire country into a ghetto if it were left up to them. Look at Africa.

Sub-Saharan Africa, I meant.

The answer isn't to force someone to give a young female black that job at the expense of someone who is more qualified. It's to encourage the young female black to apply herself and get the job.

Giving a whole group of people that are perceived to be "held down" a lower expectation does not make them want to work harder, it makes them want to fight to continue having that lower expectation.

The young female black feels that she doesn't have to try as hard to get the job

the reason most of these issues exist is that in the past these people faced serious obstacles to get these positions. It seems fair to me that the consequence of dealing with a group of people facing unfair obstacles is to give them unfair advantages until they are able to catch up.

yea, Imagine if you were running a marathon and got tripped, then the person who tripped you was winning the race and started complaining when you were given a bike to catch up. Obviously it's not fair, but neither was getting tripped

Lower the bar

Police dont want smart cops so make the test easier

Really the best thing the PD can do is set a minimum standard to be an officer, have that vetted by the judicial and legislative parts of their gov and then be transparent on the candidates and their qualifying scores. This will bias against Black applicants but qualified black applicants have better job oppurtunities. We should support this as the next step is to raise the pay of all officers to entice higher qualified black candidates ubtil you get a balanced police force.

cop pulls me over

(sac):I didn't do anything officer

cop:You dinu nuffin'?
(sac):yes officer

Cop:Wat da fuck!,war dat lootenant at!

Was that a black cop, (sac)?

This kind of misses the point that blacks don't want to be policy officers. To lower the standard enough to allow the few truly moronic blacks who do want to be police officers to pass would lower the standards so far that the police force would be half filled with literal retards.

it's 1/4 now

Would it not be better if there were no retards and police were well paid and held to high standards?

No
A cop who's smarter than me can catch me easier

They have all these cameras now, they don't need to be smart

You'll think differently when they are pointing a gun at you, faggot.

The cops are more likely to point a gun at you for being a bad bad racist, faggot

gtfo of Zig Forums
this board is only fo shit posting