If once saved always saved is true then how can we have a “falling away” as Paul wrote in 2 Thessalonians 2:3...

If once saved always saved is true then how can we have a “falling away” as Paul wrote in 2 Thessalonians 2:3? Granted we are justified by faith as described in Romans 3:26-5:4 and that if we confess that Jesus is Lord and believe that God raised Him from the dead then we will be saved as written in Romans 10:9 as salvation is a free gift of God so that way we can’t boast about gaining it by works according to Ephesians 2:8-9. However though with all gifts they can be rejected or thrown away so I would say yes one can lose their salvation but only through rejecting or renouncing Christ .

Attached: IMG_6463.JPG (300x300, 36.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 timothy 3&version=AKJV
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 peter 3&version=AKJV
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2 thess 2:3 isn't talking about an individual's falling away, it's talking about the great apostasy before the end times

2 Thessalonians 2:3 KJV — Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Isaiah 57:1
The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

Yeah basically this.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 timothy 3&version=AKJV

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 peter 3&version=AKJV

Imageboard number superstition is just as satanic as Jew kabbalahism

Once saved always saved is retarded cope for people who don't want to give up their sins.

This entire point is semantics

John 10:27-28 King James Version (KJV)
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

How does the parable of the sower possibly support your point

This. Like so many differences between denominations, whether you accept or reject OSAS really has no bearing on how you're supposed to live your daily life as a Christian. People who believe in OSAS believe that if someone claims to have been saved, but later falls into apostasy or other grievous sin, then they were simply lying or wrong about having been saved. So whether your denominations accepts or rejects OSAS, you're still expected to avoid sin for your entire life either way.

I need to do more research on once saved always saved, but this verse helps, thanks. Got any more proof texts or rational explanations for it?

Yes, they fall away from fellowship. Even though they show the first appearances of being born again, they prove fruitless

1 John 2:19 KJV — They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

W E W

What's your alternative reading that doesn't place scripture in internal contradiction?
Why isn't the description of apostates in 1 John 2 analogous to the "Rocky ground" people of the parable?

No man shall ever pluck them from his hand, but they can surely jump out of it if they decide to. No one can make you sin, sin always comes from the heart. it's kind of acknowledged very early on in scripture when Adam fell with eve. Stop latching on to these out of context verses

How do you know that the self doesn't fall under "any man"? It's an exhaustive statement.

Because that doesn't make any sense. It's basically Calvinism lite. Espically in regards to the story of Ananias and Sapphira
Acts

They were apart of the church and were in good standing. Than when they sinned agianst the church they basically gave up living on the spot. If they were OSAS it wouldn't have mattered if they cheated the church of some money, but they did. They did that to them selves.
Thus leading back to OSAS as Calvinism lite. Calvinists will say that everone is predestined to go to heaven or hell by the will of God. It doesn't matter if you do good or not. The same goes for the OSAS doctrine.

If you can go your whole life in an IFB church not knowing for 100% certain that if you are saved or not, than why bother trying to improve yourself? Why bother giving up your fapping habit if God has already saved you and wont let you pluck yourself out of his hands? Why bother stop sinning if God has already saved you?

Some more relevant scripture:
Colossians
>{2:8} Beware lest any man spoil (rob you of your rewards) you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
One can hear the Gospel but can also be led astray by heretics and their easy sugarcoated preaching kinda like what Luther and Anderson did

Hebrews

St. Paul literally talking about people losing their salvation because of their sin and wickedness even after being saved by the Gospel.

I can go on, but I hope you get the point that our sins can make us lose the salvation that we can get. Just like how the OT Christians lost their salvation (Adam&Eve being kicked out of the Garden, Israel losing it's kingdom permanently by Babylon, etc), us Christians today can lose our inheritance (heaven) by sinning.

Attached: V&A_-_Raphael,_The_Death_of_Ananias_(1515).jpg (1143x701, 138.73K)

Let me restate your argument for you in a coherent way:
You're not finding any immediate hermeneutical reason to exclude the self from "neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand", but I gather that you're saying that the phrase allows for the exception because you understand it is possible for one to have salvation then throw it away. You understand these sections of acts, colossians and hebrews to teach this doctrine.

What you're completely neglecting is the salvation/fellowship principle:
Jerry Vines, Power in the Pulpit

None of these proof-texts you're throwing out explicitly teach a loss of salvation, even if you might see that prima facie. What is absolutely explicit is the doctrine of eternal security:

It's not.

incorrect
John 10:28-30 King James Version (KJV)
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.

You can mine almost anything on in isolation to support a view. You should know better that we rightly divide the word of truth. The same Gospel also said we must be born from above (John 3:3), and that some of Jesus' own disciples literally left when he spoke of eating his flesh and drinking his blood.. and only the 12 Apostles were left. A very small minority compared to the crowds he had before.

And the Apostle John later said in his epistle "If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?" (1 John 4:20). Plenty of people confess God, but betray him by their behavior elsewhere. So it isn't a simple matter of belief all of the time. Just as St James said, we show our faith by our works. What good is it to say "Bless you" to a widow or homeless man, but then not actually do anything for them? It shows we don't actually have any faith or believe in the love of God. For God calls us to reflect his love and be a light in the world.

Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
We're all sinners and we can't help but sin, the Lord Jesus Christ is our righteousness.
But also you're partially correct,
Matthew 5:13-16 King James Version (KJV)
13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
There is a difference between being saved and being righteous. Anyone can be saved through the Lord Jesus Christ and repentance (change of mind), but performing works in this life is only possible by walking with the Lord.

Bro, you need to sort your shit out. The Bible is not something for you to philosophize about all willy-nilly and draw your own conclusions from. You need sacred tradition to understand it. Just like how Jesus would explain his parables to the disciples, the Holy Spirit explains scripture to the church. You aren't being guided by the Holy Spirit, you're being guided by your own will

I didn't even read your "argument"
I'm not gonna waste my time reading your buzzwords that you don't even understand.

Attached: Luther_meme_0.png (1845x1080, 1.04M)

Then why are you here?

To inform you that you're wrong. Why are you on a Christian imageboard if you don't follow Christ's teachings?

Lol heretic memes are just as bad as left wing memes. You don't have faith, you have opinions, and you try to demonize people who do have faith. You argue in the same way the atheists do, you behave like liberals do, and you're against Christ just like they both are.

Attached: 0020a409d32e3651bf3489f6c93fd9db.png (346x490, 240.41K)

K

How am I wrong if that was my first post in this thread. And more generally, you need to have a cogent point in order to establish facts. If you haven't read someone's posts and you admit this then you have no business degrading the quality of this board or this thread.

Jesus is the Lord and Savior. If you have a problem with scripture then it's you who has an issue. I'm praying for God to help you understand his word.

More like you're praying to Satan and trying to lay a curse on me so that I commit the same heresies as you.

tradcaths are the conescending preteen atheists of christian debate

Ah yes, O' Thomas Aquinas, the same guy who believed that the Vatican was legit because of the one of many pseudo-isidorian decretals: the donation of Constantine.

Sola Scriptura is a pretty bad argument in itself as it throws out the church fathers and apostolic tradition but so is Papism.

Not at all.
An atheist says to the Christian:
Likewise, a prot says to the Catholic:
Meanwhile, the Catholic lets the Holy Spirit guide his thinking.

There are protestants out there who, despite believing in sola scriptura, do read the church fathers. The difference is that they don't derive doctrine from the church fathers, since they are fallible men, and instead derive all doctrine from scripture alone.

Scripture was written by men, too

Yes, it was written down by men, but God is the author of it, as 2 Timothy 3:16-17 tells us. I'm sure you've seen the many arguments about this topic though, and I don't want to derail this thread further.

The pope isn't the Holy Spirit

And neither is the Bible

wew

sage for not important

Don't put words in my mouth, liar.

Imagine being this dishonest. You are on the path to hell.

What about the 666 page of the bible then?

Frankly, if God is too much of a coward to step up and take responsibility for his actions and his followers are more than happy to enable his reckless behaviour under the common argument "muh free will exonerates God", why should I, or anyone, even bother following the impotent retard?

I see now why the kikes laugh at Christianity. It's a joke religion predicated entirely behind 'Heaven on a Stick,' don't mess up or you're going to suffer for eternity! This farce is unnecessary.

I spit on god.

Really just think about it. If your son murdered his brother then of course he should be punished. But wouldn't you contemplate your failures as a father?

God isn't infallible, so why would I follow him?