47 Ships of cruise giant - Carnival Corp- emit 10 x more air pollution than 300m Europe’s cars

Bunker fuel is gross. Most countries don't allow you to burn it until you're out of their jurisdiction and into international waters. Enforcement on the water however is tough if not non existent in some case.

Carnival Corporation, the world’s largest luxury cruise operator, emitted nearly 10 times more sulphur oxide (SOx) around European coasts than did all 260 million European cars in 2017, a new analysis by sustainable transport group Transport & Environment reveals.

Royal Caribbean Cruises, the world’s second largest, is second, yet four times worse than the European car fleet. SOx emissions form sulphate (SO4) aerosols that increase human health risks and contribute to acidification in terrestrial and aquatic environments.

in April, Ecohustler disrupted Carnival Cruise's AGM calling on the shareholders to reduce their company's pollution using straight forward and affordable methods - like burning cleaner fuel.
Since then, a new report outlines the corporation's impact on the coastline of Europe. These vast floating cities are burning dirty bunker fuel and creating shocking levels of air pollution wherever they go. Shipping has been an unregulated industry for too long and action is urgently required.

ecohustler.com/article/one-corporation-to-pollute-them-all/

Attached: carnival-corp-infographic.png (1200x960, 441.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/alternative-fuels/can-us-navy-turn-seawater-into-jet-fuel.htm
rt.com/usa/navy-fuel-conversion-ship-197/
cleantechnica.com/2015/01/02/new-machine-makes-sustainable-hydrogen-from-seawater/
futurism.com/theres-a-new-way-to-generate-power-using-seawater
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

which jews are involved i wonder

Lets just go back to living in the stone age where the State rules over all of us… sure… that will be a whole lot better.

Ironically the same ones who also control most governments too. Switching from consolidated corporate control to consolidated government control is not really going to make anything better for us.

From 1st January 2020 this is changing significantly. All ships worldwide will be limited to burning fuel that contains maximum of 0.5% sulphur. At the moment the limit is 3.5%.

Low sulfur fuel has very low lubricity and is in fact *terrible* for slow-speed diesels. Requires much higher cylinder lube oil rates which will be consumed and make things less efficient. The minor saving in wear on the exhaust is really irrelevant compared to the damage to engine parts, which are much more expensive, and harder to maintain than replacing or patching exhaust trunks.
Shippers have two options, either use cleaner fuel or install SCRs on their stacks (think big catalytic converters). The solution is simple, but there will be a large cost initially to adhere to the new requirements. I expect diesel prices to spike for about 2 years

Cruise ships are still a huge problem.But Most of this shit is from shipping between China and US.
The biggest factor in all of this is China I think. If China chooses to enforce this strictly that would automatically force 50% of world's shipping to fall in line

They could make them nuclear powdered.

hydroponic powered?

auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/alternative-fuels/can-us-navy-turn-seawater-into-jet-fuel.htm
rt.com/usa/navy-fuel-conversion-ship-197/
cleantechnica.com/2015/01/02/new-machine-makes-sustainable-hydrogen-from-seawater/
futurism.com/theres-a-new-way-to-generate-power-using-seawater

aye m8t

Cheap oil killed sailing ships, and its to late to rig them now

That's the real news here. Keep an eye out for some dirty new laws that will let Russian and Chinese military ships near the European coastlines.

The International Maritime Organization (IMO) is one major organization that heavily regulates the shipping industry. You are full of shit if you think this industry is not regulated! Try sailing the seas with some cargo some time and see how far you can travel before being stopped and inspected by some naval fleet somewhere around the world.

Fuck, I always thought that ships were an economically and environmentally friendly way to move stuff

cars and ships and and coal burning and factories

stop all…now

No, lets go back to checking meat for maggots because muh business freedom.

Stupid spoiled brats at least will work in mines instead of spewing shit on the internet.

It will, because gov are people representatives. Corporate only represent the rich, not you.

The trade industry is well regulated just not in air pollution. Air travel is also very environmentally damaging.

Unrelated but does anyone else see Bonzi buddy in the upperleft smoke of the thumbnail?

DiCaprio here, now gotta go on my private jet to tell you pond scum to buy electric cars

i have 10

looks lika a pugnosed pooch to me

Attached: Capture.JPG (330x484, 30.62K)

I see a scared Carebear

artist was having fun