Who's your favorite death metal band? For me it's currently Entrails

Who's your favorite death metal band? For me it's currently Entrails.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1fgEP06_IQc
m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKmWayN8aLLpVXJXJY2CaO9DA4oXaxQq9
youtube.com/watch?v=cuU11LXdEF4
youtube.com/watch?v=7gRtc8j5wv4
youtube.com/watch?v=_wdQrhH4QLY
youtube.com/watch?v=Oj4hWHBQVcc&list=PLA15C3B726267B23F
youtube.com/watch?v=htgs2mstOlI
youtube.com/watch?v=xl5wwo4YNvE
youtube.com/watch?v=DvMUEVAJ0Q8
youtube.com/watch?v=k4s9CRJdf6o
youtube.com/watch?v=qiD_beyR2KI
youtube.com/watch?v=hmPcwqK37Z8
youtube.com/watch?v=xcYRcI0lEOo
youtube.com/watch?v=u4Lz7Zgibgs
youtube.com/watch?v=odzsgGDv0WE
youtube.com/watch?v=guhgvXv8yow
youtube.com/watch?v=E3kIjyvmBwI
youtube.com/watch?v=wXZL3Juy9hQ
youtube.com/watch?v=E7pXSMojdPU
youtube.com/watch?v=x4ZQorcxOWg
youtube.com/watch?v=D-eNz2HX-vY
youtube.com/watch?v=iXTBv-PiQKs
youtube.com/watch?v=wAR_gl7til0
youtube.com/watch?v=woaEnKQQviE
youtube.com/watch?v=o_3skrDCIZU
youtube.com/watch?v=unKz5NPePj8
youtube.com/watch?v=FRyXDlPthH0
youtube.com/watch?v=VrDL-VSrRfs
youtube.com/watch?v=NPD9qbvlXnw
youtube.com/watch?v=GvXY2oM_7o0
youtube.com/watch?v=O3TsVaFR870
youtube.com/watch?v=pnGnfH8FtUM
youtube.com/watch?v=t1PsqWn22iE
youtube.com/watch?v=nUunegkN2FE
youtube.com/watch?v=m4EI7NAlq-8
youtube.com/watch?v=SYrJ-34jLMo
youtube.com/watch?v=eq2Q2TguWMA
youtube.com/watch?v=rXu9VDk8lMY
youtube.com/watch?v=WzYNlvpx5u0
youtube.com/watch?v=22jkiVTKTXA
youtube.com/watch?v=rw5Rd9pNoZY
youtube.com/watch?v=KFOmb9BrdtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7QMVc_Rmv2s
youtube.com/watch?v=cH0Ms5SMOLE&list=PLOD1GIxjN00irD61s0ouX5FicqTI4G9Ym
youtube.com/watch?v=8kD3qQ01crg
youtube.com/watch?v=aCX5eXo-4jk
youtu.be/i5sEXoAz_3M
syringeministry.bandcamp.com/album/former-life-departure
youtube.com/watch?v=Y09gLRKAf7k
hesychast.bandcamp.com/
youtu.be/U7RYSQvrUrc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't see why anyone would strive for ugliness instead of beauty.

Attached: Christ-Rich-young-man.jpg (480x640, 42.61K)

I think that is the same question Jesus asks each of us, user. It’s good to be reminded of how filthy we are. Which is exactly why I love this type of music. I will not survive the fire. And I do not want to. I want old me to be dead, and the only way to get rid of him is by burning him out. Water brings cleansing, but purification needs FIRE. Praise God! let it Burn!!

Not how it works, you're just justifying your bad habits.

I used to eat this stuff up just a year ago, but since my conversion (away from protestantism, to orthodoxy) I just don't see the appeal anymore.

Same actually. Used to listen to so much black metal and all sorts of satanic crap. Musically I still theoretically get the appeal, but I just have no desire to listen to it now. Never even forced myself to censor I just never think to put any on.

You can't be a rebellious teenager forever, user. You'll have to grow up eventually.

Attached: 4d03c1f8354076c4a84cd0c7e1fd943efdcf087c612f7f1f6c0cba886d19f5a0.jpg (625x833, 72.59K)

Why does this board attract so many death metal bands threads? Is it edgy teenagers trying to rebel and be edgy? I mean, I really don't care what music you choose to listen to; but why does death metal specifically get its own thread 3-4 times per week?

Do you think it shocks us?

youtube.com/watch?v=1fgEP06_IQc

Last time i listen to death metal i was 12 years old

Attached: E93730F6-885A-459A-88E9-E03F41B5579B.jpeg (700x700, 190.37K)

As a metal fan who’s a Christian, it’s safe to say I’m a rare specimen. None one I know irl likes metal as much as I do, and I hardly know any bands. I’d imagine what happens is that a bunch of rare specimens, like myself, find a community that has members who like the same thing (ei Zig Forums and metal) and get excited because we’ve finally found people who have the same interests as us.

I made a playlist on YouTube for this stuff. It needs more songs, so recommend me some on this thread.

m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKmWayN8aLLpVXJXJY2CaO9DA4oXaxQq9

Checked. Here is a list of some I posted in a thread a while back:

demon hunter - jesus wept youtube.com/watch?v=cuU11LXdEF4
kingdom of giants - damaged goods youtube.com/watch?v=7gRtc8j5wv4
kingdom of giants - no faith no space youtube.com/watch?v=_wdQrhH4QLY
impending doom - baptized in filth youtube.com/watch?v=Oj4hWHBQVcc&list=PLA15C3B726267B23F
for today - king youtube.com/watch?v=htgs2mstOlI
for today - no truth, no sacrifice youtube.com/watch?v=xl5wwo4YNvE
wolves at the gate - oh the depths youtube.com/watch?v=DvMUEVAJ0Q8
sleeping giant - Jehova Shalom youtube.com/watch?v=k4s9CRJdf6o
sleeping giant - Tongues of Fire youtube.com/watch?v=qiD_beyR2KI
in the midst of lions - the call youtube.com/watch?v=hmPcwqK37Z8
corpus christi - monuments youtube.com/watch?v=xcYRcI0lEOo
falling cycle - untitled 1 youtube.com/watch?v=u4Lz7Zgibgs
falling cycle - untitled 2 youtube.com/watch?v=odzsgGDv0WE
for all eternity - fallout youtube.com/watch?v=guhgvXv8yow
for today - the advocate youtube.com/watch?v=E3kIjyvmBwI
golden resurrection - the temple will remain youtube.com/watch?v=wXZL3Juy9hQ
holy terror - alpha omega (The Bringer of Balance) youtube.com/watch?v=E7pXSMojdPU
indwelling - famine youtube.com/watch?v=x4ZQorcxOWg
inked in blood - lest I sleep the sleep of death youtube.com/watch?v=D-eNz2HX-vY
life in your way - salty grave life in your way - salty grave youtube.com/watch?v=iXTBv-PiQKs
saving grace - Shekinah youtube.com/watch?v=wAR_gl7til0
saving grace - the most beautiful promise youtube.com/watch?v=woaEnKQQviE
saving grace - youtube.com/watch?v=o_3skrDCIZU
sinai beach - to the church youtube.com/watch?v=unKz5NPePj8
stryper - yahweh youtube.com/watch?v=FRyXDlPthH0
fit for a king - engraved youtube.com/watch?v=VrDL-VSrRfs
this runs through it - Writing Books and Changing Lives youtube.com/watch?v=NPD9qbvlXnw
wolves at the gate - lowly youtube.com/watch?v=GvXY2oM_7o0
theocracy - i am youtube.com/watch?v=O3TsVaFR870
becoming the archetype - how great thou art youtube.com/watch?v=pnGnfH8FtUM
the great commission - came to my rescue youtube.com/watch?v=t1PsqWn22iE
masterplan - spirit never die youtube.com/watch?v=nUunegkN2FE
bloodlined calligraphy - frienemies youtube.com/watch?v=m4EI7NAlq-8
as cities burn - thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged youtube.com/watch?v=SYrJ-34jLMo
means - connected youtube.com/watch?v=eq2Q2TguWMA
means - these are the words youtube.com/watch?v=rXu9VDk8lMY
no innocent victim - set apart youtube.com/watch?v=WzYNlvpx5u0
no innocent victim - never face defeat youtube.com/watch?v=22jkiVTKTXA
nodes of ranvier - defined by struggle youtube.com/watch?v=rw5Rd9pNoZY
norma jean - 1,000,000 Watts youtube.com/watch?v=KFOmb9BrdtQ
onward to olympas - wolf's jaw youtube.com/watch?v=7QMVc_Rmv2s
seventh star - brood of vipers [album] youtube.com/watch?v=cH0Ms5SMOLE&list=PLOD1GIxjN00irD61s0ouX5FicqTI4G9Ym
this or the apocalypse - subverse youtube.com/watch?v=8kD3qQ01crg
war of ages - collapse youtube.com/watch?v=aCX5eXo-4jk

Not death but I'll contribute a few
HB - It is time
HB - Jesus Metal Explosion
Stryper - More than a Man
Saviour Machine - Legion
Theocracy - Absolution Day
W.A.S.P. - Golgotha
Impellitteri - The future is black

Dawnbreaker - New World Crusade youtu.be/i5sEXoAz_3M

Based. Have you checked out any Christian Death Metal bands? The most popular bands would probably be Mortification and Extol. I'd highly recommend Tortured Conscience and Syringe as well.

Syringe:
syringeministry.bandcamp.com/album/former-life-departure

Here's one song by Tortured Conscience (I'd recommend trying the whole album too):
youtube.com/watch?v=Y09gLRKAf7k

I started listening to metal last year and I've been hooked since, I couldn't get into it for a long time, but then it just clicked. I try to stay away from Satanic garbage though especially within Black Metal. Anyways, yeah, nice to see another user here who really likes metal especially Death Metal of all things.

Stryper's Fallen album is super, super good. It was such a pleasant surprise on first listen. Theocracy and Norma Jean are great too.

Nice to see Saviour Machine.

What is the difference between death metal, black metal and regular metal?

Death metal is death themed. Black metal is basically empty metal. Regular metal is just the distillation of rock; the older stuff is better.

*emo metal

Hesychast - Eastern Orthodox Black Metal
hesychast.bandcamp.com/

Same but for punk rock. I tried listening to Crass today. It's awful. Their lyrics read like a deviantart post. They're about as subtle as a brick and their whole philosophy is just juvenile. And their infamous "Asylum" spoken word track… well at least you get an insight on how an average Jew thinks of Jesus Christ. It's so arrogant and disrespectful to how obvious they put their petty political daydreams above actually making good music.

It's just sad how punk fans like to think they're some kind of rebellious free thinkers when they all have the same agenda CNN does and dress the same as one another. And they all pay their taxes on time and donate to Israel.

The only punk rock bands I bother to listen to nowadays are Sublime and the Ziggens.

metal is instrinsincly pagan

They're not a death metal band anymore and do rock now but I'd say bring me the horizon. They're based as winnie the pooh.

By “regular metal”, I assume you’re referring to Heavy Metal. Heavy Metal deviated from Hard Rock and became one of the first subgenres of Metal. While Hard Rock tends to be (heavily) Blues-influenced, Heavy Metal tends to eschew this Blues influence for the musical darkness of tritones and other forms of dissonance. Heavy Metal largely takes from Hard Rock’s aggression and usage of distorted guitar and seeks to further intensify such aggression and distortion. This is usually achieved by vocals of a harsher timbre, guitar chords/riffs being concentrated on lower notes, downtuned guitars, more emphatic drum work, etc.

From Heavy Metal comes Thrash Metal, which sought to include a Punk Rock influence. This Punk Rock influence meant that Thrash Metal involved guitar work that incorporated more chromaticism and involved drum work that incorporated even more aggressive drum
patterns (such as the skank beat, which was derived from Hardcore Punk). Then, from Thrash Metal comes Black Metal and Death Metal. Black Metal and Death Metal took the chromatic tendencies of Thrash Metal guitar work and pushed it to a further extreme, while also taking the already rather aggressive nature of Thrash Metal drumming to a further extreme by utilizing blast beats. So, basically, Heavy Metal sought to push Hard Rock to a new extreme, then Thrash Metal sought to push Heavy Metal to a new extreme and then Black Metal and Death Metal sought to push Thrash Metal to a new extreme.

The major differences between Heavy Metal and Black Metal/Death Metal are: (1) Black Metal and Death Metal vocals tend to be far more extreme in pitch and timbre compared to Heavy Metal vocals (Black Metal vocals tend to be quite high-pitched and basically like shrieks, while Death Metal vocals tend to be quite low-pitched and overall guttural - Heavy Metal vocals are usually not as extreme as either of those styles), (2) Black Metal and Death Metal involve further dissonance and chromaticism as well as tend to be more progressive structurally compared to Heavy Metal, which tends to retain more melody, harmony, and conventional song structures, and (3) Black Metal and Death Metal are overall more “extreme” sonically, musically, and lyrically compared to Heavy Metal.

As for the differences between Black Metal and Death Metal, as already mentioned, the vocals differ greatly between the two - Black Metal’s vocals are high-pitched shrieks, while Death Metal’s vocals are gutteral and low-pitched. Furthermore, Death Metal tends to involve more abrupt changes in regard to tempo, key, and time signature, while Black Metal is less so, since it focuses more so on developing textures. So, sonically, though Black Metal is still quite aggressive, it tends to be more atmospheric compared to Death Metal.

I could go on and on. There’s way more that could be said. But, I’ll leave it at that. It’s already quite a bit I wrote there anyways. :^)

I do not listen to degeneracy
Nice try you almost convinced me.
Listen to Gregorian chants user.

Exactly man, I used to be into punk too, so bad… It's like this veil was lifted off my eyes, now I just don't have the same intentionally futile discontent of not being free enough or whatever to fuel listening to dogshit… And yet even remembering how gay I was back then, I still can't imagine the reasoning behind the negative emotion it inspired…

Death metal sucks. It's not as bad as rap, but it's still pretty lame. Not once has a modern musician written a song that can match the beauty of Christian composers

youtu.be/U7RYSQvrUrc

Thx man this was a goldmine!

So is the english language

Never liked death metal, even when I wasn't a Christian. Always been more into thrash metal, I suppose (and not to be so "normie", I still think Metallica is the best).