Prominent clergy, scholars accuse Pope Francis of heresy in open letter

archive.fo/jSLpv

Prominent clergymen and scholars including Fr. Aidan Nichols, one of the best-known theologians in the English-speaking world, have issued an open letter accusing Pope Francis of committing heresy. They ask the bishops of the Catholic Church, to whom the open letter is addressed, to "take the steps necessary to deal with the grave situation" of a pope committing this crime.

The authors base their charge of heresy on the manifold manifestations of Pope Francis' embrace of positions contrary to the faith and his dubious support of prelates who in their lives have shown themselves to have a clear disrespect for the Church's faith and morals.

Letter in DocumentCloud Here:
documentcloud.org/documents/5983408-Open-Letter-to-the-Bishops-of-the-Catholic.html

What are your thoughts?

Attached: pope.jpg (810x500, 54.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_gradualness
correctiofilialis.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Correctio-filialis_English_1.pdf
jimmyakin.com/2019/05/on-charging-a-pope-with-heresy.html
jimmyakin.com/2019/05/some-clarifications-regarding-the-open-letter.html
jimmyakin.com/2019/05/a-response-to-peter-kwasniewski.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's actually legitimately spooky.

Two words: sede vacante

If only you had a central authority that could figure this out for you.

Attached: Dfvkph6WsAA_s_z.jpg (504x539, 26.19K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_gradualness
I was looking for this, but I had forgotten what it is called.
The Catholic priest I know explained it to me, and it seems to basically be the Orthodox concept of economy.

It's pretty clear Francis' complete refusal to answer the Dubia has resulted in this fruit.

This is something for the Church to decide, you do not have the liberty to justify schism even if Francis were to be formerly deposed.

Feels great to have an eternal, unchanging authority.

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord:

They twist themselves around at the end. Starting page 17 they talk about the theology of the situation surrounding a heretical pope. They both accept that a heretical pope can't be pope, that a heretical pope should be removed from office, but that the Church doesn't have authority over the pope, yet that they still wan't bishops to declare him a heretic to remove him. They reject that sedevacantists can decide for themselves.
Sedevacantists don't think their declaration that he's a heretic causes him to lose office, it's recognition that he's done it to himself.

What's the deal with senile popes? Why don't they just pick a guy who isn't 90 years old?

reminds me of the SSPX

It's all hair-splitting, what is evident, is that they have found themselves outside of communion with the Church.

Yes, why don't they…

Attached: Young_Pope.png (1920x1080, 2.54M)

This

this lmao, based Pius XIII

Let's just take a moment to appreciate the irony of the fact that the based traditional Pope people look up to is the fake character on television and the real Pope is the gigantic liberal heretic. I guess the Jews have conquered the Catholic Church so completely that they no longer feel threatened by allowing something like The Young Pope on TV.

Whats more ironic is that HBO owns the IP of The Young Pope so people have to pay a premium in order to watch it.

But fear not, for God will hear out lamentations and will give us a righteous Pope after Francis passes or resigns. Pray that it is Cardinal Robert Sarah.

Dr Jones says that they take old pope ready to die because if we have a heretical pope (like this one), then he won't reign too long since he's going to die of old age.

the prophecy of suggests otherwise…

Audio version embedded. Oh boy.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that the open letter (see OP for link) is essentially part 2…
with part 1 being:
> correctiofilialis.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Correctio-filialis_English_1.pdf

There is a much longer discussion of this issue in the July 17 letter (see my earlier post). See the first few pages of that, but also throughout.

Wow jimmy akin totally set these goofballs straight
jimmyakin.com/2019/05/on-charging-a-pope-with-heresy.html
jimmyakin.com/2019/05/some-clarifications-regarding-the-open-letter.html
jimmyakin.com/2019/05/a-response-to-peter-kwasniewski.html