Parable of Barabbas

I was thinking about the parable of Barabbas. Even though Barabbas was a criminal by man's law, the people forgave him and voted for him to be set free, as so it was done. The voice of the public had preeminence over what was written in the law books.

What if our laws were amended to allow the kind of judicial forgiveness by popular vote as in the parable of Barabbas? It would allow for guilty people to be set free if enough of the public (lets say 20,000 people) deemed that the criminal's lawbreaking was justified and that they shouldn't be incarcerated. 'Criminals' such as Julian Assange would benefit.

Attached: Barabbas freed.jpeg (720x536, 85.33K)

And? The last thing we need as a society is to democartize justice. We already democratized legislation and look how "well" that has gone.

Attached: download (10).jpg (259x194, 8.19K)

Probably better democratized than commercialized as it is in this self serving corruption den atm.

Idk about other countries, but here (Brazil) juries can forgive a murderer without stating any reason whatsoever. Doesn't make much of a difference, imo.

Holy shit are you actually retarded? You want us to emulate the people who killed Christ using their final decision to kill Christ as a framework? Did you even think for a second before posting?

Bruh

Because no priests are pedos right

Has literally nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Attached: martin-frennet-tfd6fgu.jpg (1920x1920, 151.6K)

I reckon about as much as could with a smaller groups of fallible individuals being appointed the task and in that case with even less of a chance for a solution should things go wrong. Generally speaking I don't know at what point when you reactionism trolls are deciding that you'd prefer monarchism as a replacement for democracy, overlook the blatant pitfalls in it, which are all too evident through the historical outcomes they have had globally. Seems like a merely fetishistic desire to throw mankind into an inescapable insectoid tyranny.

The lesson I got is that Barabbas is exactly the kind of man that the world as a whole prefers over Christ. They want the badass, the rebel, the guy who fights with his fists against his enemies - the typical ideal of a hero. They don't want an innocent man or one who turns the other cheek. They mock him and spit on him and tell him to "man up". And it's not just Jews who sinned here. It's all of us, every time we cheer on a hero like this or promote "freedom fighters" like this (yes, even my own country like the USA, which is founded on these very things).

And even more to the point: The ideal "badass" hero is ultimately Satan himself. He also rebelled. The only people I see who are honest about their liking for him are satanists.. who call him a champion of freedom and individuality.

This.

Very interesting reading; I do believe there’s a time for the sword too, and that we are called to be “heroes” in a way that baffles the world. I’m going to just add that we are not “pacifists”, but at best we are called to fight for the truth of God and the life of the innocents and our brethren whilst putting our own on the line with no fear.
Also, en point with the image of how most heroes are but “rebels”.

that's what you got out of Barabbas?

because the shitshow that is america didn't have a way worse result globally. lmao.
Also trusting people with justice is winnie the pooh retarded. I literally don't know how you reached the conclusion that after reading the story of Barabbas you've decided that democratic justice is the best. Are you literally retarded? what if "the people" choose another barabbas while freeing a innocent man as they did before? are you even a christian? top 10 bruh moments i've had here,damn son.

Tough tinsel creampuff. Man up!

Attached: 085d69bc3f5c19d7e508070485a20fc60744aa12fda494adc685478cce89bf7a.png (472x501, 176.12K)

Sort of unrelated to the thread topic, but still related to Barabbas. Doesn't Barabbas mean son of the father? Why was Jesus, literally the Son of the Father, contrasted with Barabbas, the son of the father?

maybe God was trying to tell us He can make Barabbas without our cooperation, and with our cooperation He can make the Son of Man. God's desire for our cooperation is something the total depravity and irresistible grace and the universal salvation dudes don't appreciate.

That was a one-time annual thing and we do actually have that sort of thing in the modern day. It's called a "pardon" and Governors (like Pilate was) hand them out.

I don't get it. Barabbas could have just been another Messiah claimant, sort of a proto-Mohammed in that regard. This I think is most likely since it is quite clear from the success of Islam that the world wants to love something other than God. The fact that they choose the false Messiah over the real one by popular acclaim just shows how corrupt mankind really is.

Mohammad is not a messiah. In Islam, it is Jesus who will return and judge the world. Just FYI.

It wasnt a parable bruh

Yes, of course user
What the hell? Strange world we live in

No, I mean nobody worships Mohammad. He's not the "Muslim Jesus". Jesus is the Muslim Jesus.
It's amazing what can happen when you look things up.