Alabama

Alabama abortion ban passes overwhelmingly with no changes

By Mike Cason

Alabama lawmakers aiming to challenge abortion rights nationally are one step from their goal of putting an almost total ban on the procedure into state law.

The Senate tonight voted 25-6 to pass a bill to make it a felony for a doctor to perform an abortion. The bill is a priority for the Legislature’s Republican majority. Tonight’s vote sends it to Republican Gov. Kay Ivey, who could sign it into law.

Lori Jhons, Ivey’s deputy press secretary, said in an email tonight that Ivey would not comment on the bill until she’s had a chance to thoroughly review it.

The bill passed exactly as it was introduced by Rep. Terri Collins, R-Decatur, about six weeks ago. It includes only one exception – to allow abortions in cases of a serious health risk to the woman. The goal is to trigger a legal challenge to Roe v. Wade.

“I would say that we’re all very pleased to have this done,” Collins said at a press conference after the vote. “We’re excited about the possibilities that it could mean. It’s been difficult at times, and then at times it’s been really good. I felt really good about it all the way through.”

Under the bill, a woman receiving an abortion would not be criminally liable. The doctor would be charged with a Class A felony, punishable by 10 to 99 years in prison.

The bill passed the Senate on party lines after four and a half hours of debate, with all the Republicans who were present voting for it. No Democrats voted for the bill.

With Republicans holding 27 of 35 Senate seats, passage of the bill was not in doubt. A key question was whether the Senate would add an amendment to allow abortions for pregnancies caused by rape or incest.

Sen. Clyde Chambliss, R-Prattville, who handled the bill in the Senate, urged his colleagues to reject the amendment, saying that all unborn children deserve protection.

Four Republicans sided with the Democrats in voting for the rape and incest exception, but it failed 21-11.

Senate Minority Leader Bobby Singleton, D-Greensboro, who proposed the rape and incest amendment, said it was disgraceful to leave out the exception.

“You just raped every woman who’s been raped by a man,” Singleton said, his voice rising with emotion. “You just raped her all over again.”

Singleton said three rape victims were in the Senate gallery as his guests and talked about the hardships they went through.

“This is just a shame, this is a disgrace, this is a travesty," he said.

Collins said her goal was to pass the bill in a form she thought would serve as the strongest challenge to Roe v. Wade. She said states could later decide what exceptions to allow if the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade. She said she would support a rape and incest exception if that happens.

“I’ve answered many emails from people who have poured out their hearts with real stories that were true,” Collins said. “My goal with this bill is not to hurt them in any way. My goal with this bill, and I think all of our goal, is to have Roe vs. Wade turned over, and that decision be sent back to the states so that we can come up with our laws that address and include amendments and things that address those issues."

There are only four women in the 35-member Senate, and two of them were among the most outspoken opponents of the bill on Tuesday.

Sen. Linda Coleman-Madison, D-Birmingham, proposed an amendment that would have required the state to provide prenatal care and medical care for the mother and the child in cases when a woman is denied an abortion because of the law. Democrats said a lack of support from Republicans on issues that can help low-income families, like Medicaid expansion, undermines their argument about protecting unborn children.

“The sin to me is bringing a child into this world and not taking care of them," Coleman-Madison said. "The sin for me is that this state does not provide adequate care. We don’t provide education. And then when the child is born and we know that mother is indigent and she cannot take care of that child, we don’t provide any support systems for that mother.”

Senators rejected her amendment 23-6.

About an hour after Republican senators voted down the rape and incest amendment, they voted to cut off the debate and force a vote on the bill.

Chambliss, asked about the legal costs the state would incur if the bill becomes law and is challenged in court, as the sponsors intend, said it would be money well spent.

“Life is a gift of our creator and we must do everything that we can to protect life," Chambliss said. "And if it is a couple of million dollars, that is a small, small price for those lives.”

Attached: CQLMVUENRRF23OL4NXTVKZGBGA.JPG.jpg (1280x853 98.27 KB, 7.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2019/05/06/florida-legislature-2019-what-passed-and-what-failed/
ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=101&GAID=15&DocTypeID=HR&LegId=118048&SessionID=108&GA=101
lifesitenews.com/news/illinois-governor-signs-extreme-law-to-allow-unlimited-unrestricted-abortions
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Based and redpilled Bible belt does it again.

Attached: Apustaja happy.gif (1027x731, 111.17K)

Based and hope pilled! The good news have reached even local Hungarian newspapers here, great example to follow.

Hello,mimir

Tell me about Roe v wade.

Attached: 1314505767487.jpg (272x306, 43.05K)

All the roasties are crying on twitter and it's beautiful

epic win for all gamers

pretty based

Attached: 1f7a97dea7a42d7d68af8296d5dbecbb56795412eeb0816f10a15f9c67c464f9.jpg (604x402, 34.89K)

This is great news, but I fear SCOTUS is going to shoot all these laws down just like they did with anti-Sodomy laws in 2004 and anti-Homosexual "marriage" laws in 2014.

On one side, there's Thomas, Alito, Roberts, Gorsuch, Kav

On the other, RBG, Breyer, Kagan, Sotomayor

Yeah, the problem with pro-life is they'll find the incest or rape or horrible mutant baby and use it to prove Christians aren't masculine defenders of normalcy but just weird. We should never have allowed the pro-fornication pro-life frame. We should have stuck with the time for the slut to choose is before the slut opens her legs and infanticide is a disgusting evasion of responsibility. The inability of the bishops to plan ahead means bishops are a liability instead of an asset to Christianity today. Evangelical Christianity is the future.

Based Ala🅱️ama does it again, hopefully we'll see more reform like this soon.

Huh, there seem to be some similarities with the justices on the left but I can't put my finger on it….

Ginsburg and Breyer are Clinton and Sotomayor and Kagan are Obama, Thomas is HW, Roberts and Alito are W, Gorush and Kav are Trump. Gonsburg will die soon and the Repulican majority will cuck out on everything.

Congrats, I guess, but the Supreme Court still has to overturn Roe v. Wade for it to come into effect, no? I'm not so sure this will work out.

Attached: zognald.jpg (400x400, 31.44K)

W-why do you say that?

God bless Alabama. Meanwhile, my state is inching ever so closer to passing a bill that would require the state taxes we pay to cover abortions. Every House Republican voted against it, but sadly the Dems outnumber them in my state.
Cringe. Why must the baby be murdered? Why can't it be put up for adoption?

Attached: 154364734.jpg (1200x1335, 192.98K)

Literally what did he mean by this?

Attached: 1c0093ef5ec6ca03970538f5d78ab98df3ee6d4121c5fc0381251fcbbd301e2d.jpeg (1024x512, 33.18K)

These laws are being passed specifically in order to have them go before the Supreme Court. The SCOTUS can't just wake up one morning and vote where or not to overturn Roe v Wade. There has to be a case come before them that causes them to re-examine prior decisions. It's all part of the long game.

Great. Now all the Left has to do is declare abortion as a sexual preference and it will be protected.

Roberts is very likely to cuck. Last time something very descisive(and divisive) came to the supreme court, he struck it down not due to actual legal logic, but so the instituion of the court wouldn't look bad to liberals.

I'm worried about this too. I'm a bit nervous about Kavanaugh where it comes to abortion as well.

Attached: e201beb37af53e18cc06b9a16366b83bf5dcadbcdd5a598522b0aab2d94df035.gif (600x536 29.33 KB, 253.27K)

Praise the Lord for He is good
Non Nobis Domine
Ave Christus Rex!

Reminder that the Federal government is corrupt and bought;
people are tired of their crap and they can only push so hard.

Attached: dqcs435baey11.png (620x767, 407.59K)

Uh, they can't. If SCOTUS overturns Alabama's law, then the law cannot be enforced. The last time Alabama rebelled against the US Government, it got its ass handed to it.

Reminder that the urbanite new fears the uncontrollable ruralites for a reason.

*urbanite Jew

Outwinnie the poohinstanding

That would be incredibly ironic, considering that an abortion ban saves the black population now (over 50% of abortions are black.. and upwards in the 75% range in the big cities). A complete role reversal of the Federal and Alabama governments.

What part of the world you live in allows you to believe that rural America is "uncontrollable"? Controlling rural Alabama is as easy as paying off cops to look the other way when it comes to meth. Have you ever set foot in the southern US?

Last time it took 600000 dead, are people today willi g to pay such a price to exert federal control?

If said robed tyrants feel so inclined let them endorce their ruling themselves or sod off

You're talking about George Wallace and desegregation or the Civil War?

I don't think people are willing to pay that price to stop federal control, but you can be damn sure that the Feds will have no problem sending troops to Alabama to enforce the law.

SCOTUS can enforce its decisions through use of Federal Marshals and the National Guard. Do you know how America works or are you just LARPing some "south shall rise again" fantasy?

Why not both?

In our sanitized political enviroment, it's unlikely to come to actual armed blows, however, it would be a fight of stamina and not-bowing down. Alabama and other Southern states would likely be embargoed and stuck in 6,000,000 legal battles until they basically have to. Do keep in mind that the current commander in chief is, at least to what has been done, pro-life. I would find it highly unlikely he would use the amount of effort needed to force Alabama on the descsion. The situation with Lincoln was one concerning sovernigty and federal power, and after 30 years of threats of conflict. Eisenhower went in, because he felt he had some sense of duty to the Constitution? I could never find myself an actual reason he sent the national gaurd since he was never strongly in favor of desegeration mandated by the government. It seemed to be a move purely done out of optics within the US and outside of it, rather than driven by the heart.

They already did strike down abortion laws back in the 60s. Alabama is pulling a very good gamble here, because if they lose then we're no worse off then before, but if they win it could save billions of lives.

The President doesn't have to do anything. Notice the clause in virtually all Federal laws, statutes, and Supreme Court decisions: Congress shall have the authority to enforce this law as needed. It means Congress can supersede Presidential authority and send in Federal troops to enforce a law.

Im pretty sure Congress can't supersede the commander and chief of the US armed forces. At most Congress can enforce the law with the power granted to them via the constitution. They normally do this with the power of the purse (ie federal money). The most Congress can do to punish Alabama is to restrict federal funds.

Oh, yes they can. He's President, not King - as much as he'd like to be. It is one of the checks on Presidential power that Congress can enforce laws.

sage for double post

Attached: dbqp9jla4wq21.png (570x365, 19.52K)

Care to give any examples because I can't find any examples of Congress superseding the President's authority and controlling law enforcement / the military

Pray for Florida bros.

tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2019/05/06/florida-legislature-2019-what-passed-and-what-failed/

And would you look at this.

That state is going to shiet. take into account the fact that they made it illegal to lighten your trigger and moved the age for most firearm purchases to 21 recently.
And now this.
Imagine having your state run by pasty white carpetbagger boomers from Canada and Jew York.

emotional manipulation

Any part of the world where Hollywood caricatures of rural and southern people reveals how much the Jew fears us, and where blue check marks fall for our deaths.

Hopefully this will only be the beginning. God Bless and prayer that more will follow.

It just passed today. God bless the South

The ACLU is suing Alabama over its new law. This is probably the case that will make its way to the Supreme Court. Now, here's the thing about the Alabama law - it criminalizes abortion. I know, I know … duh. But, there are 5 Catholics on the Supreme Court: Kavanaugh, Sotomayor, Alito, Roberts, and Thomas. Canon 1398 of the Roman Catholic Church states that anyone who procures, performs, assists, or facilitates abortion incurs an automatic (latae sententiae) excommunication. Any one of those Catholics who votes against the Alabama law could be "facilitating" abortion and would thus be excommunicated (unable to receive the sacraments, celebrate Mass, etc). This is unavoidable as the votes of the Justices are a matter of public record.

Are these 5 Justices willing to separate Church and State, even in the face of excommunication?

No separation of Church and state is even required here. Permitting states to ban abortion is the only way to follow the 10th amendment of the constitution. Ruling in favor of Alabama is the best way to uphold the foundational laws of this country, so "separation of Church and state" wouldn't be a valid excuse to go against God's moral law here.

Write to them and remind them the consequences of voting to uphold abortion. Make sure they never forget their duty to Christ Jesus

alternatively they could ignore the case and let the lower courts deal with it thus avoiding excommunication

Attached: Two-Buttons.jpg (600x908, 65.2K)

Sotomayor doesn't seem to be a Catholic from her Wikipedia page.

She may not be your special LARPy brand of Catholic, but she is a Catholic. Puerto Rican, raised Catholic, from a Catholic family.

Attached: fe123.jpg (600x908, 188.52K)

Obama isn't the president anymore. That sh!t won't happen. Besides, if a Catholic Supreme Court Justice where to be assassinated because they voted to ban abortion, that would make them a martyr. Besides President Trump will just appoint new justices, more devout than the last.

john kerry is also a catholic

Anyone who doesn't believe in hell isn't exactly a Catholic.

I'd say anyone who isn't Christian, but there are some Christians who believe they're always saved and therefore anything is forgiveable. I expect that from them. It's just strange to see it from Catholics or Orthodox.

Democrat Catholics are Catholic in name only. They'll demand God for help whilst opposing his commandments, indulging in paganism, and attacking his followers. They only grant loyalty to leftist lobbyists, NGOs, activists, and media personalities.

So is Governor Cuomo. CINOs gonna CINO. Again that's why I proposed everyone write to those that are Catholic ,even in name only, to remind them of their duty to Christ Jesus and the innocent babies that are murdered every day by abortion.

And write to their Bishops as well to remind them to hold the Justices accountable

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge.

It really is as simple as that.

And abortion is probably the quickest (modern) litmus test on if you truly fear God or not. People show they don't by this action. They show they don't believe in hell - or at least it isn't their own destiny. They live completely without fear.

The Catholic Church says she's Catholic. Your LARPy opinion fee-fees don't matter.

The only LARPing Catholics are people like her. Which will be vindicated by her pro-abortion vote in the Supreme Court.

Listen big guy, I really don't believe that Sotomayor is pro-life. Whether she is a catholic is a different question, she is regularly, although I cannot say consistently, siding on the left side of the court. Specificly refer to hobby lobby and refering to herself as "spiritual though maybe not traditionally religious". Regardless, Roberts is the key player here, assuming that ginsberg doesnt become gonsberg.

That's what all of these leftist "Catholics" are. They have more loyalty to the doctrine of NGOs than the doctrine of God.

A Catholic voting against Protestant self-interest? Gawrsh.

Attached: 317plb.jpg (666x375, 71.07K)

How can you be so sure?

Yankees are so loathesome and good little cuck goyim.

1973 United States Supreme Court ruling.

Norma McCorvey, appearing anonymously in court documents as "Jane Roe" attempted to get an abortion in Texas, claiming to have been raped (she didn't know Texas lacked a rape exemption). Abortion advocates latched onto her and fed her a script pleading to get an abortion. By the time the case reached the Supreme Court, the baby had been born and adopted (present day identity unknown). In an abysmal 7-2 ruling, the court decided it had no place deciding the personhood of a fetus, but did have the ability to grant the federal right to an abortion, citing, I kid you not, a right to privacy granted by maybe the 5th, 9th, or 14th amendment, citing the "emanations of penumbras" used in Griswold v Connecticut to rule that states could not ban contraceptives because investigating contraceptive use would violate the right to privacy.

Even if you like the result, it's a garbage ruling. Essentially, the court granted the right to murder what they concede may be persons, copping out by saying "we can't know, so kill away."

Side notes: Norma McCorvey is a staunch prolifer today, stating how the abortion lobby used her to push an agenda.
One of the concurring opinions stated that if the unborn were persons, the argument would fall apart (life trumps all other rights). The Alabama law specifically confers legal personhood on the unborn, granting them rights, meaning the courts MUST rule on the personhood issue to uphold abortion.

if they lose, the pro abortion position will become entrenched precedent, and it will become harder to rule against next time.

does that mean is i sew an auto-sear to my body the ATF can't shoot my doggo in a no-knock raid? My body my choice tbh.

Meanwhile in the other side of the country.

Attached: illinois.png (583x367, 56.09K)

Attached: images (2).jpg (393x374, 17.1K)

My state. Sadly pro life uni students seem to be the only people blowing up our reps email.

It will pass

God will punish us quickly for this

Ahh, a fellow captive of Illinois. How long until J.B the Hutt gets the Blago treatment and sent to prison?

Attached: download (4).jpg (240x210, 7.59K)

May god have mercy on our souls.

Is this even real? Twitter isn't reliable. I wonder what the bill actually says, not that I doubt this is something that happens

How did murder become legal? What has the world come to? Absolutely disgusting

Attached: 1498083959626.png (750x422, 122.21K)

I'd be perfectly okay with this. Truthfully, I'd rather just cut off Chiraq from the rest of the state and make it independent (per bill HR0101, see link related). That way the diabolic leftists are contained and not Screwing up the demographics of the neighboring states.

ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=101&GAID=15&DocTypeID=HR&LegId=118048&SessionID=108&GA=101

Attached: DD6EHOEXsAAgdow.jpg (547x500, 52.67K)

Yay, thank you christians! Well, I guess it makes sense you want the world to look more like your Jesus :)

So in other words the national average will drop steadily.

Attached: thumbsup.jpg (799x1000, 85.43K)

Ironic wording

Abortion is overall a good thing, less tiggers

The eternal yank strikes again
lifesitenews.com/news/illinois-governor-signs-extreme-law-to-allow-unlimited-unrestricted-abortions

Midwesterner Here,
Ohio
#NotAllYanks

Attached: 8eqallhjmkup6qbzxsysza.png (1360x1108, 160.91K)

Attached: download.png (225x225, 6.35K)

Colorado has legal weed
Florida has immigrants
And Virginia… yeah idk how West Virginia is more conservative than Virginia.

Are immigrants in Florida liberals? Or just in the economic (gibsmedats) sense? Didn't they literally escape from gommunism in Cuba, Venezuela, Nicaragua?

Also why is Colorado so blue when all its neighboring states are either red or neutral? Is there a NYC or San Francisco-tier liberal hotspot in Colorado?

t. Non American.

They would be Hispanic or Caribbean, so most likely..
I don't know, but I do know Colorado is known for being fairly liberal. I think it's cause there's pockets of high income there from rich ski-people.

North Virginia controls the state and north Virgina has a lot of northerners who are moving there. Southern Virginia is still southern, like Florida’s panhandle.

Florida liberalism has nothing to do with Hispanics. Most Hispanics in Florida are actually very baste and redpilled. The reason Florida is such a hell hole ie because pasty old rich whypeepoh from New York and Canada move to Florida for retirement.

See the sad thing about this chart is that it only shows relative difference. The average person in the very most red states here, would be a lunatic-tier progressive weirdo 20-30 years ago. I mean come on people. They are literally pro-sodomite the majority of them. That's not progress, that's total widespread decay across the whole country. You just don't see it festering in that map because there are slight difference between all the pro-sodomites. But the average person in every single state is an ultrafeminist bizarro-nutcase that supports various queer initiatives. For the average voter in even the most red state the cliff is already behind them.

See, I'd say the opposite. Here in OH we're pretty predominantly conservative save for parts of north-east. Hell, I'm in Cleveland and outside of "Downtown" and younguns we're all pretty right leaning. And southern Ohio even more so.

Sorry my id keeps changing

I'm in Dayton and its crazy liberal here.

I can only say this is true for the political and business class in some states. Namely the northeast and western red states. Take someone like Mitt Romney or the Cheneys, who proport themselves as "conservative". Now, of course, there is a concerted effort to transform areas politically, especially places that are opposed to modernity. But yeah, in places that are big and on the coasts, support for modernity is the norm.