Protestants:

Protestants:
Also protestants:
Really activates my almonds

Attached: 1527482144341.jpg (633x346, 28.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newadvent.org/cathen/04337a.htm
catholicculture.org/culture/library/dictionary/index.cfm?id=35519
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The power of indulgences are given to Peter, because he was given the power to loose on earth/heaven.

I'm a protestant and I've always said that if a Catholic dies before going to confession will be go to hell? Like, what if he died on the way.

Also, learn what sola fide is.

My protestant denom said that if you died while driving to church to get baptized you would go to hell

The Catholic Church does not proclaim what happens to a person when the soul leaves the body, unless they're able to go to Heaven. There are extraordinary methods of salvation (ie, the person is able to make a perfect Act of Contrition, or is given some sort of grace before dying).

If he were in a state of mortal sin, then yes he would go straight to hell.

boy do we got news for you! Want salvation? Have faith in Christ and you're good bro!

A Catholic in a state of mortal sin who is on his way to confession does not go to hell. He clearly had the intention to confess, but was unable to make it.

I thought you said Protestant demon, and I was like there are demons that are Protestant? Then I realized yeah they probably are Protestants

No this is false. Without perfect contrition, which is almost impossible, they will go to hell

I think you might be confusing Catholics with Calvinists.

No, he is correct. Perfect contrition, sorrow for sin because it offends God who is perfectly good (joined with a desire to repair your sin and go to Confession as soon as possible, but as it seems Protestants and so on can also receive perfect contrition, this probably doesn't need to be explicit), is necessary.

Of course, such sorrow for sin can be joined with other motives, e.g. sorrow for sin because it sends you to Hell, but it must be present if you are to receive salvation without Confession.

Attached: sw_stanislaw.jpg (716x1024, 275.47K)

No they can't (unless they have perfect contrition for their heresy). Unless a Protestant joins the Catholic Church they infallibly go to hell. This is Ex Cathedra per the council of Florence.

It's already in the Code of Canon prots born into their denominations are not formally guilty of heresy, hence they also cannot be guilty of mortal sin as it requires deliberation as many possess invisible ignorance.

Ok, so, if a Catholic is truly repentant and is literally on his way to confession, but gets hit by a bus and dies before he gets there, he's going to hell? Because that's what is being said here.

I don't think invincible ignorance really applies to anyone with internet access.

That user is being an idiot.

An individual who is in a state of mortal sin who is truly repentant of the sins they have committed and intends to go to confession the next opportunity they can to confess said sins. Will not get a one way ticket to hell for the state of mortal sin when he gets hit by a bus on the way to confession.

Is there such a thing as "Confessio flaminis" ? I don't see this being discussed as often as non baptized people in danger of death when it's a big deal all the same.

Also is there a canonical way to confess sin outside of the church?

Depends on how and what you use it for. It took me awhile to convert into the Catholic faith when I started to pay more attention to theology and blow away the myths touted.

Insert catholic circlejerk laughter here

Done.

Attached: 30q31843710923.jpg (284x177, 4.4K)

nya nya nyaha! - catlick

He won't be damned if he repented out of love of God (love of God due to his perfect goodness certainly suffices, there doesn't seem to be a consensus on whether love of gratituden suffices) and hatred of having offended Him (which may be joined with other motives, e.g. fear of Hell, but it must be present).

It's ultimately a simple concept, but have a slightly more detailed explanation to avoid confusion from the very good and detailed source that is Catholic Encyclopedia:

newadvent.org/cathen/04337a.htm

And also this:

catholicculture.org/culture/library/dictionary/index.cfm?id=35519

Seems kinda retarded that if you sin and die within 24 hours of confession Christ's sacrifice isn't sufficient to cleanse you of it without you going back to confession.