Any /reformed/ here?

Any /reformed/ here?

Feels like the entire Protestant world is dying around us, but our churches are alive, not seeker-sensitive, not watering down scripture, and yet growing.

Do we need a general thread?

Attached: calvin.jpg (234x300, 7.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

relevantmagazine.com/god/church/john-piper-the-forces-of-angry-white-supremacy-have-felt-empowered-since-the-election/
desiringgod.org/interviews/what-should-we-do-about-illegal-immigration
desiringgod.org/interviews/why-did-god-permit-slavery
desiringgod.org/interviews/are-you-opposed-to-people-owning-guns
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I admit we've got some serious cucks, like John Piper.
I worry that with our growing popularity, we're going to attract more wolves and veer towards social justice.

Surely our dedication to God and His word will be enough to avert that.

I'm not reformed, just like reading events that are happening in other churches. Do any pcaanons feel like the pca is heading towards a schism? It just looks like the progressive gospel coalition influence is getting stronger in that church(Tim Keller still hasn't removed Anyabwile).

Wait what did Piper do

Protestants appear to possess a steadfastness that is lacking in many people.

relevantmagazine.com/god/church/john-piper-the-forces-of-angry-white-supremacy-have-felt-empowered-since-the-election/
desiringgod.org/interviews/what-should-we-do-about-illegal-immigration
desiringgod.org/interviews/why-did-god-permit-slavery
desiringgod.org/interviews/are-you-opposed-to-people-owning-guns
Everyone I know (thankfully) is getting fed up with him. I also understand that reparations for slavery is now widely supported at his seminary (Bethlehem College).

Haven't been in the PCA for a decade, but everybody's saying it's going downhill fast.

The Protestant world is dying because your rebellion has reached its final conclusion of total recalcitrance. You can't rebel against God's church in your own pride and not reap its temporal and eternal consequences. The Church will weather the storm of modernism, but the Protestant will not because this is its endgame.

I make part of the Presbyterian Apostolic Church of Brazil and thanks God we have great theologians as ministers (such as Augustus Nicodemus). It seems that this church cut connections with the North America church decades ago, and became independent because of the syncretism of North America' churches with modern world aspects (that's what I heard, but I don't know how North America churches are). Presbyterian Apostolic basically works exactly like the church model the Apostles created, but we differ from Catholic Church in some critical aspects, such as having a Pope, for example.

Our meetings are considered very "cold and serious" in comparison with other churches, as we do not buy the idea of any emotional hysteria inside the Church, nor modern songs and loud music, but I see that it's changing very fast, unfortunately. We like faithful reason over uncontrolled emotion. For most part, our meetings go with bible passages guided by a minister and what meanings and lessons those might give us. All our ministers need to be bachelors on Theology and bible studies, they say.

We Presbyterians of Brazil go very well with Catholics, at least I do, although these churches disagree about some things. But…I might say, I feel my heart going in pure joy and awe when I visit catholic churches and I see the sacred art depicted there. I understand the great impact this art gave in the heart of an illiterate person in the first centuries that couldn't extract this experience from the gospels. I don't feel anything evil against Catholicism, as I see Catholics as brothers in Christ and I understand the immense importance of the Church though the history and even to keep Christianity away from the hands of Gnosticism that attacked the gospels in the early centuries up to today.

That's a good one, literally made me lol

Brother, I mean no offense, but you should feel revulsion not joy. Remember, these are idols. They are stealing God's worship.
You should not because they do not know the gospel. Romanists need to be evangelized because they are not saved Christians, they are relying on their own personal righteousness. You should consider reading the reformers like John Calvin and John Knox, you could learn alot from them. I'm sure there's a Portuguese translation somewhere online.

Attached: Come out of her, my people.png (600x600, 416.75K)

Lutheran bro here, I know your fear OP. But I found comfort in 1 Kgs 19:8 which describes an age where Israel’s kingdom became polystheistic, it’s kings and priests LITERALLY WORSHIPPED SATAN, and there were only 7,000 left that didn’t fall to Bael.

But from that 7,000 grew the rest of Israeli/Christian history. So too, can our churches withstand if just 7,000 remain faithful.

The outlook is grim OP, but it has been far worse before. We will survive!

So… you are presbyterians, without a presbyterian policy?

We're in the Reformed thread

>desiringgod.org/interviews/why-did-god-permit-slavery
I don't know anything about reparations, but what is actually wrong in anything he write in that article?

Proud dutch reformed here!
I think we need a general for that we won't argue with the catholics and orthodox too much.

Attached: jezuskath.jpg (479x490, 35.53K)

Brother, they are not Idols, they are made to glorify God. If you honestly think church imagery is idolatry, you could make the argument that having a church building at all is idolatry as it "takes away from God".

Also, being gay is not a sin. Conceding to your gay temptations and having sex with a man is. That is what the Pope is saying. It is a sin to bear false witness, repent

Traditional Anglican so like halfway there? We recognize the clearly taught doctrine of predestination (that the Lord will save who He will save) but reject OSAS and any will-based salvation.

Been listening to Jerry Walls. CCC 600 and the words of CS Lewis seem pretty persuasive, so in the Calvinist Conundrum, I reject premise 4. Do you guys believe God doesn’t love everybody? Could help shed light on this?

Attached: 0278ABEC-D6B3-4DA9-8D51-352F77D9D939.jpeg (828x567 281.98 KB, 199.38K)

bump

Gadolic here it is probably cause you guys are starting to remember that the faith is supernatural and hell is a real place that people still go to. That or you already preached it I don’t know.

Just like Aryanism and Gnosticism

It is appropriate that heresy would perish.

Protestantism has to be either arian or nestorian because of their Penal Substitutionary theory of atonement

Who were true Christians between 1000AD and 1500AD?
Did you appreciate The Passion of the Christ?
Has your Church ever performed a Nativity Scene?
Have you ever undergone an IQ test?
Have you actually read The Bible in it's entirety?
Are you able to recognize yourself in the mirror?