Be me

What to do? Please let’s try to avoid denominational issues, concentrate on the issue.

Attached: 407717D5-4BDD-44DD-9424-E65346CCAB01.jpeg (250x419, 48.05K)

Do you still live with them? If so, try to keep the peace, as long as they don't spew r/atheism garbage.

Are you sure you didn't join a cult?

Yes, I do. They are materialist boomers who love money and adopting all the “fashionable” opinions that a typical normie does. They are nauseating and disrespectful of my faith.

Oh we’ve got a smart Winnie the Pooher here. You have never fallen out with your parents?

This doesn't sound like Christianity, it sounds like a cult.

That’s what it says in the Orthodox catechism.

Just please get back to the question.

There is no such thing

It’s a Serbian Orthodox catechism written by a Serbian Orthodox saint. Clear now? Or do I have to dox myself fully?

Try to finish whatever career path(studying, etc) you're doing and move out. But as always, you should ask your priest for advice for this stuff, he's here to help you.

hello reddit. This is more fitting for the Orthodox General.

Avoiding /= cut all ties. Be there when needed. Be a good child to your parents, until they pressure you to do something that is explicitly anti-Christian. At which point, you move on:
"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me : and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." Matt 10:32-37

This is why you join the Catholic Church that Jesus Christ Himself established instead of trying to be cute and joining St. Vladimir's local monastery in Siberia. Get in line or get out.

Yikes. Filioque.

boomers will know they have failed when their sons start larping as tradslavs and/or women.

Honestly, it'd reflect better on us Catholics if we gave sincere advice rather than mocking this poor lad. Even many Catholic saints advise us to not surround ourselves with those who can steer us into sin and blasphemy. For example someone with SSA is called to move on from his same sex friends that regard him sexually and keep tempting his heart.
On the other hand we're also to honor mother and father, though Christ comes first.
Anyhow, it's far better to be Orthodox than any other non-Catholic denom, even if the Orthodox wouldn't say the same about the Catholics.

go see a priest or a doctor

This thread proves how despicable online Catholics are; thank God I’m Catholic even with these people being so uncharitable and uncomfortable to be around…
OP, like wrote, pray for them, maybe talk to them, but don’t stay too close as to be led astray; I suffer from SSA, and recently I had to quit a friendship because of how the sexual tension was getting out of hand between this friend and me. Now I shall go to confession and then pray for him and my heart to be safe from such temptations.

doesn't mean your family. curb your autism man

Bump. I am in a similar situation.

You must hate your father and mother, but you must do what they say.
You may remain a christian while doing so.

Presuming you mean "may hate," I'd argue the opposite. OP must learn to love (in the agape sense) his parents but as long as he moves out he doesn't have to carry out their every whim.

what is that if you don't mind me asking? is like aspergers, or completely different

SSA is Same-Sex Attraction or homosexuality, I think.

You are correct. Though there is a difference in between the two terms. Those that call their Affliction "same-sex attraction" understand that what the experience is unnatural and a sin in our willing to overcome their affliction.

Those that use the term "homosexuality" are usually those that accept it as a part of their identity and don't wish to overcome it.