Was Jesus a Jew at the time of his death?

Was Jesus a religious Jew at the time of his crucifixion, and just because Christianity wasn’t attributed an official label or name during his earthly ministry, can we still say he was a Christian?

Attached: D24A7AEE-557E-4E2E-AEB3-DF154C59A392.jpeg (479x640, 35.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p122a4p2.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=byXczsfrdyw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They were calling him Rabbi up till he got crucified so yes definitely

He was born human among Jews. He was raised Jewish. He learned Torah and followed it. If this bothers you, then too bad.

He died, however, for everyone.

What is called Judaism today bears very little resemblance to what Jesus practiced. Jews today follow the big book of loopholes, the Talmud, and Rabbinical "law". They don't uphold the old covenant, just lots of excuses and workarounds.
Not that it matters. The old covenant has passed away, and we have the New one.

He did not die for everyone but for many.

[1 Timothy 2]
{2:1} I desire therefore, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions and thanksgivings be made for all men:
{2:2} For kings and for all that are in high station: that we may lead a quiet and a peaceable life in all piety and chastity.
{2:3} For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour,
{2:4} Who will have all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
{2:5} For there is one God: and one mediator of God and men, the man Christ Jesus:
{2:6} Who gave himself a redemption for all, a testimony in due times.

REPENT HERETIC

Attached: 1381450452159s.jpg (100x250, 8.57K)

No, He died a Roman Catholic

What are you even referring to? No one has been censored in this thread

Was he a religious Jew? Yes. He fulfilled the Law. Can we say he was a Christian? No. He was Christ, not a follower of Christ.

See eg John 1:11

dude pro multis is the latin translation of Mt 26:28 and Mk 14:24

And yet your interpretation is wrong and calvinistic.

Here is from the Catholic catechism:
>605 At the end of the parable of the lost sheep Jesus recalled that God's love excludes no one: "So it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish."410 He affirms that he came "to give his life as a ransom for many"; this last term is not restrictive, but contrasts the whole of humanity with the unique person of the redeemer who hands himself over to save us.411 The Church, following the apostles, teaches that Christ died for all men without exception: "There is not, never has been, and never will be a single human being for whom Christ did not suffer."
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p122a4p2.htm

Plus the passages from 1st Timothy I literally copied from the DR.

First of all: the catechism is not infallible.
Secondly, you do realize the entire concept of the "Elect" is Catholic? I'd recommend the book on predestination by Rev. Garrigou-Lagrange. Read Saint Augustine on the subject as well.

That has nothing to do with the fact that Jesus Christ came to die for everyone. It says right there in 1st Timothy. So either St Paul and the magisterium got it wrong or you got it wrong. Who would I rather believe?

He potentially died for everyone, but since not all will accept His gift His death was only for many.

Christ died for everyone and it is our duty to remind people of that fact. Wether they accept it or doesn't change that fact that Christ died for everyone.

youtube.com/watch?v=byXczsfrdyw

Lmao this is the most retarded thing I have ever heard.

What were then Abraham and Noahna and the many people who lived before the Law, which is a Law for a people of hardened heart?

I will tell you, they were Christians because they spoke of Christ. Christian is whoever follows the precepts of Christ and acknowledges the teachings of Christ. So Christ was, in any sense in which we compare, a christian.

Jews are those that reject Christ.

Lmao that only means that not everyone will follow him. How retarded do you have to be in theology and blind in the understanding of Christ that you say such nonsense?

insulting others is a SIN

All men in potency, not in act, is my understanding of the thomist understanding

Mt 5:17 and Acts 11:26

Where does it say that? Just because someone calls you an insult doesnt mean they dont love you, retard