Joshua Harris, author of I Kissed Dating Goodbye, is leaving Christianity and divorcing his wife...

Joshua Harris, author of I Kissed Dating Goodbye, is leaving Christianity and divorcing his wife. I read his book in high school and wonder if any Christanons have as well.

nationalreview.com/2019/07/whither-evangelical-purity-culture-thoughts-on-the-legacy-of-a-lost-pastor/

Attached: 1564424679289[1].jpg (937x1171, 141.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p3.htm#846
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Man that book cover is ironic.

I read the National Review article, I always find it interesting how the extreme elements of the faith do this to themselves. It's always the story of the youths versus Elias, Ham versus Noah, and Jesus versus the Pharisees. You never know who is actually wearing clothes until the day of reckoning comes. No matter how long one is forced to wait for the day of wrath however, discerning who is spiritually without clothes tends to be not that hard.

This is what comes of not attending to that beam sticking out of your eye gentlemen.

I think it comes from pride to be honest. I knew a guy who was a super traditional Catholic who just spewed hate at anyone who wasn't exactly like him. Latin Mass only, SSPX supporter, extra ecclesiam nulla salus, made his girlfriend wear a veil in church, the whole 9 yards (not that any of those things are bad, I'm just trying to paint a picture). 2 years after that he renounces his faith, comes out as homosexual, and ends up becoming a Nietzsche and Evola atheist (obviously so he can think of himself as an ubermensch looking down on the rest of us plebs).

Not sure how this is relevant to Zig Forums.

OK, seriously though, this is just the inevitable result of sola scriptura & sola fide - like any post-modern philosophy, adherents will tend to view Truth as subjective and thus open to being bent, or ignored. Their minds are open enough for their brains to fall out.

If I ever need a free Fedora I'll just become an Atheist for a day. Christopher Hitchens will appear in a blast of hell fire and just hand me apparently. You really can't be a real Atheist without one.

Oh gee, that's nasty. I got into Christianity so I could stop reading Julius Evola and Nietzsche. I have other reasons for becoming a Christian, but even I could recognize the absolute filth that I was imbibing, at my spiritual lowest and closest to hell.

Anyway, always a good reminder for why I follow Jesus. Don't normally think what could happen without such a moderating force in my life, it's not a hugely pleasant thought.

All this misunderstanding hurts my brain.

Attached: 0d92be3a30b9f4faa6b88debe5bfb260474eeed7ca251087f09c76eb91924835.png (634x800, 207.86K)

Understatement
When the bluepill hits you hard and you realize it's affecting your book sales

Attached: 91qJ onKDIL._SS500_.jpg (500x500, 48.89K)

"Heh. Objective moral truth" *tips fedora*

Maybe he'll be lucky enough to get a STD (curable thanks be to God) like me and realize everything does exist for a purpose.

Wee lad. That’s really rough to contemplate and I always feel terrified when I try to imagine myself in that position.

This is why you should read the Church Fathers, at least you know how their lives went.

SSPX doesn't believe in EENS, they believe Muslims can go to heaven without converting

Well of course they don't, they're not in the Church after all!

I don't think you understand what extra ecclesiam nulla salus is, i'll post a link to the catechism below.
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p3.htm#846

Next week he'll come out as gay.

I understand what it means very well. Even Lumen Gentium (which could have errors) never says that they can die without converting and be saved. Anyways taking your theology from V2 is a bad idea considering V2 also says that people have religious liberty and Cardinal Burke and others explicitly recently released a syllabus of errors saying this is false and no one has the right to error or practice a false religion.

Heretics are the ones that push that you don't have to convert or believe in Jesus and you can die this way and be saved. St. Thomas Aquinas and many others said at the very minimum you must believe in the Incarnation and the Trinity. SSPX are heretics and so are you.

never heard of em

What is wrong with this? You can't force people to be Christian. I'll post the paragraph I'm assuing you dsagree with

The Declaration of Truths reaffirms Church teachings.

All I did in my last post was quote the catechism. Are you a Sede or a Feeneyite?

Does anyone know where her wife stand in all this? Is she okay with the divorce?

I feel bad for her. Can you imagine being a faithful wife who gives her virginity to a man only to have him come out as a homosexual deviant 15 years later?

I feel bad for the kids too. An atheist father skyrockets the chances that his kids will end up atheists as well.

Attached: joshua_shannon_harris_family_shoot.jpg (1024x682, 119.16K)

No it doesn't. No human has the right to practice false religions. You must be blind or a deceitful person.

I am sick and tired of this. First of all, the new catechism is modernist and not infallible. You're rejecting Catholic ecclesiology and have adopted modernist Protestant ecclesiology. You promote Pelagianism. You shamelessly reject Trent's dogmatic teaching that the Sacraments are necessary for salvation. You have, in fact, openly rejected the dogma EENS. Even many of the modernists try to at least pay lipservice to EENS by claiming not that one can be saved outside the Church but by expanding and redefining various modes by which one can be within the Church. You claim that there are "exceptions" to EENS even though one of the dogmatic EENS definitions used the term "absolutely", as in "absolutely" no salvation outside the Church. If there was ONE THING that Trent intended to teach regarding CATHOLIC ecclesiology (vs. the emerging heretical Protestant ecclesiology), it was that the Church is a VISIBLE SOCIETY whose members can be easily identified, not some amorphous amalgam of members who are only known to God. You reject this wholesale. You are nothing but a heretical Protestant. You are an abomination to me. Begone, Satan. If an angel were to come down from heaven and teach that there are exceptions to EENS, I would declare him anathema. Much less the likes of yourself.
“There is but one universal Church of the faithful, outside which no one at all is saved.”
(Pope Innocent III, Fourth Lateran Council EX CATHEDRA, 1215.)
“The most Holy Roman Church firmly believes, professes and preaches that none of those existing outside the Catholic Church, not only pagans, but also Jews and heretics and schismatics, can have a share in life eternal; but that they will go into the eternal fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels, unless before death they are joined with Her; and that so important is the unity of this ecclesiastical body that only those remaining within this unity can profit by the sacraments of the Church unto salvation, and they alone can receive an eternal recompense for their fasts, their almsgivings, their other works of Christian piety and the duties of a Christian soldier. No one, let his almsgiving be as great as it may, no one, even if he pour out his blood for the Name of Christ, can be saved, unless he remain within the bosom and the unity of the Catholic Church.” (Pope Eugene IV, the Bull Cantate Domino EX CATHEDRA, 1441.)

So what do we do with these people then? Throw them in jail or kill them? Wouldn't it be better to convert them?

But the Church still says their is only Salvation within the Church. And you're quite disrespectful buddy, calling someone the devil and all. Wouldn't want the same thing happening to you with your uncharitablness now would you?

This is the very first time I've ever seen his picture. And a picture of his family to boot.

As for his wife, I know the two of them wrote a book together sometime after their marriage and the success of his magnum opus. I have no idea what her views are.

He's obviously a homosexual.

He just divorced his wife and launched a paragraph long screed about how sorry he was to lgtbq people for all the hateful things he said about them before finding out things about himself that led him to renounce christ and leave his wife. It's an obvious leadup to coming out as homosexual in a few months to a year.

why would that happen he was not one of the brown fedora meme guys

Attached: 7408e40fa399be1fabd26d4bbbb90e3386fc2dbf5e7ceb8effcb38b238564e70.jpg (300x419, 78.04K)

um, might want to look into it she was cheating on him with several men, nice baseless conjecture because you dislike women for some reason tho

lmao

That's why you give the poison the antidote first. The antidote obviously being the life-saving body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I dont think you understand. The antidote was give to them a long time ago, many times.

That's why you have to keep giving them the antidote until it works. If we're going to stick with the Venom analogy, if you have insufficient amount of antidote it's not going to clear up all the Venom.
That's why you need to administer just enough or more antidote to clear up the Venom.
Make sure they're completely clear before they come back in. But you also can't force the antidote on someone. They have to be willing to take it.

And don't get me wrong I'm not excusing religious liberty in a society. A society that allows religious liberty is just asking for that Society to collapse. but even in a society that does not allow religious Liberty, people are still free to reject the one true faith, but that doesn't mean you have to let them in your Society.