Is a single skilled developer more efficient than 100 pajeets?

Is a single skilled developer more efficient than 100 pajeets?

Attached: 827.png (680x638, 226.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCQ4FyiI_1mWI2AtLS5ChdPQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The efficiency is logarithmic. I made a sketch for you.

Attached: reply_to_this_post_or_you_will_get_replaced_by_pajeet_in_your_sleep.png (1041x864, 28.71K)

No, almost all programs are simple CRUD apps. There is nothing complicated about simple business logic that updates a couple values in a DB and displays them. Pajeet can do fine. Not every fucking program requires a doctorate, or deep knowledge of assembly.

More numbers always adds confusion, not coherency. Things like task delegation are done purely to lessen the liability, not as a form of utilisation

is a single skilled musician more efficient than 100 rappers?

heh, jokes on you. i program in my sleep.

This is an exaggeration.

OP is crazy

no no no wrong approach
what you want is a sort skilled developer that leads 100 pajeets to do more of what he needs in shorter time

A single skilled developer creates his own company, then eventually let pajeets do the work for him.

POO

Today's HR might beg to differ, you know.

Forgot pic.

Attached: untitled.PNG (862x126, 9.22K)

You don't have to have a degree, just people without degrees tend to be too retarded. Companies love a good github profile proving you can actually write code over a degree.

This. One advantage of the 100 Pajeets is they require building fewer restrooms than the 1 dev.

And that's the bottom line for HR drones, they don't care about anyone's github collection of fizzbuzzes and helloworlds. no degree == intothetrashitgoes.jpg > 95% of the time.

So true. For the previous generation the rift was between those who graduated high school and those who did not. Now the rift is between those who at least have a bachelor or engineer degree (ironically enough what the actual major is doesn't matter more often than it does) and those who do not.

One interesting poster to an imageboard is more worthwhile than 100 teenage spastics who get excited writing "pajeets'.

That's because back then those retarded people never even graduated from high-school or were too poor to afford it. HS diplomas are basically worthless now because "everyone must have a HS diploma" (education quality be damned). So now we have retards who can barely read getting a HS diploma.
If the "everyone must have a degree" trend keeps up, it will eventually repeat and undergrad education will become the new baseline level (i.e. quality bar lowered to the ground, degree mills handing out empty diplomas like candy).

t. pajeet

That's practically already the case. I've been considering getting a milled degree and just being done with it. Just like lying about work history, I very much doubt anyone is going to make an effort to check your school credentials as long as you can do the job.

it used to depend on the goal.
but now, shit music can be produced automatically on computers, so bad rappers have no use cases.
good rappers are another thing though, and they usually are also skilled musicians. an example: youtube.com/channel/UCQ4FyiI_1mWI2AtLS5ChdPQ

It's happening already. Everyone can get a bachelor degree in the UK, you need to sign up and get a student loan.

Have you seen the code pajeets write for simple CRUD apps? They don't even follow the CRUD pattern, they tend to just shit all over the code and produce something that just barely meets minimum requirements. I know because I have to maintain their designated shitting legacy software.

No, companies love a good github profile proving you are actually willing to write code free of charge.

This. How is github different from facebook as far as the general concept goes? The latter encourages you to put as much as possible general information concerning you online for anyone to access and use for whatever purpose they choose, while the "mandatory github profile" meme does the same, just with "general information concerning you" being substituted with "source code you write".

I bet theres always a single skilled developer fixing all the pajeet code behind the scenes to keep the company afloat.

Your typical CRUD shit is buggy as fuck though.

DO IT FAGGOT

WAT
who said that?

jokes on u

Depends on the task. If it's retard-simple business logic, then he will be equivalent to a few shitters at most code quality notwithstanding. If it's a complex task however, whole streets' worth of poo production won't keep up with him.

sage for poo thread

don't you have some filthy shithole rivers to bathe in because they're holy?

Attached: takepoototheloo.png (1078x516, 1.07M)

Of course you can hire a team of retards that will build eventually a system that from the outside seems to produce more-or-less the appropriate output to the given input.
Hell, if the expected lifetime of your app is a few months, it might even be sensible to use them if you've already got them on your payroll.
On the other hand, if you find a good couple of devs you can probably produce better results at a faster pace and overall cheaper price.

Attached: indian-national-anthem.webm (640x480, 3.98M)

I feel like most of the people posting this on image boards have either no degree, or a business/art/social science/etc degree. At least in my experience physics, mathematics, engineering tend to keep most of the retards out. You could potentially get through these if you are really good at memorizing but its unlikely.

a classic april fools post

The problem with pajeets (offshoring) is usually poor communication, due to the language barrier.

Coders hate when you say their job is easy, but most work is just CRUD apps.

Credentials inflation is a thing in the US, and it's due to employment discrimination laws, not shitty HR directors.

Programming used to be a good job in the US 20 years ago but it has gotten to be less and less so as time goes on. Most companies do not value their IT departments, and are more than willing to off-load the work to the lowest bidder. The only companies who usually care about who does their coding is the ones who mainly produce software.

Yea, but then a lot of places only want "recent college grads" (who won't ask for a lot of compensation) and they tend not to hire anyone over 40. If your masters degree programming job doesn't pay enough to retire at ~40, you may have a problem ahead....

So... wat do at 40? What do most Zig Forums careers become at and after that point?

They don't fire you are 40, they just stop giving you raises that keep up with inflation.

What you do is you quit and go into consulting. Otherwise known as the "gig economy".

I have scene what your average white dev writes after they get out of American university and its much fucking worse. The Pajeets that actually made it to America were much better by comparison.

All the pajeets that were actually in India were always shit in my experience though.

*seen

how can you not be rich as fuck when you live in USA?

evils of capitalism something something low minimum wage something something muh europe

Not really, harder and higher paying disciplines of ee/cs have starting salaries around $70k, unless you get a job in an extremely high cost of living area where it could go up to around $90k

That 100k starting salary would be in SF obviously

Driving an hour lets you avoid all that shit. And still get paid a shit ton. You just have to drive a couple hours a day (which tons of people do in tons of industries).

t. noguns

You think california has no guns?

you make it sound as if people who get degrees are worth anything on average

and yet they're still buggy as fuck. full of race conditions, state corruption, SQLi, XSS, CSRF, clickjacking, improper crypto, and whatever other meme vulnerabilities only webshit is prone to

kek. you don't have to work in SF though

fixings not worth the cost

well pretty much. the software is objectively shit but that's good enough for the market

You care more about features than quality. Look at all the shitty software you use.

This, except

nope

They make it harder to buy and hold onto them every year.

That said, you're still allowed to inherit any and all arms from your relatives, and my grandfather actually has an old AR-15 under his bed, issued to him by the Army way back when. I guess they let him keep it, in exchange for never returning his SS card.

log(0) == -Inf

If people who are themselves competent are doing hiring, they will consider any candidate and will judge their competence. On the other hand, people who themselves got some random degree just to have one, and somehow snuck into a position where they are hiring others, will judge candidates on the grounds of whether they have just any degree or not (they mostly feel insecure and want to fence themselves off from "plebs without degrees").

t. brainlet
You can't explicitly equal infinity, and log(0) doesn't exist. The right side limit of log(x) as x -> 0 is -inf though. The limit as x -> 0 also doesn't exist since you can't approach 0 from the left.

And you think most jobs are through HR departments? Because that's not true.

It's either through HR or through nepotism.

This is what NEETS actually believe

Yea impossible to actually meet someone that could get you a job outside of your family or a massive college degree mill.

Now tell me what log(kys) is

Attached: log0_wf.PNG (510x281 21.75 KB, 10.44K)

You know that programming languages don't accurately describe mathematics right? You literally wrote a c program using float point. The same system where "0.1 + 0.2 = 0.30000000000000004". Really a great argument you made there.

log(0) is not a real number, that I'll give you. If you restrict the range of the log() function to be real numbers then log(0) indeed is undefined. But if you add infinity objects to the range then you'll have a value, and the C and Wolfram Alpha results for that expression express exactly that.

Attached: float_-inf.PNG (857x223, 12.65K)

ok

Another NEET that thinks the whole fucking world as against him. That thinks you have to have a friend in the company, that thinks you gotta have that piece of paper. Look faggot its called networking. You go out into the world and meet people. You go to any place with smart people and they will all have jobs in an industry. You go to a conference, hackerspace, whatever. Most jobs are not mega corps with 10 thousand person HR departments. Chances are one of these people you meet needs more co-workers. You show small talk about the latest tech, show them things you have made, and with a little effort you land yourself a job.

Attached: log0==-inf.PNG (554x273, 11.69K)

In the case of the C program its just floating point bullshit. Floating point is not an accurate reflection of even addition.

The limit is what you are reading not the value. These are not the same thing.

if only it were that easy, reality is quite different though. (you) seem to be floating in some kind of bubble, seeing the world around you as it looks like through the bubble which skews both shapes and colors

How anything you said can be seen as an argument against the presence of nepotism?

Right so you think talking to literally anyone that works at the company other than the HR department is nepotism. Amazing.

NEETS will always be worthless scum. They make up excuses instead of solving their problems. You don't go to conferences, you don't go to meetups, you don't go to hackerspaces, all the places full of people with tech jobs, all over the western world. Yea total bubble.

Then Wofram Alpha should by all means explicitly point it out, being the know-it-all-bird that is supposes itself to be and whatnot.

As hinted at above (>>892248), floating point precision is irrelevant here. +/- infinity are "special" values IEEE754 (all exponent bits set and all mantissa bits zeroed). In addition to those, there's also floating-point "not a number" representations (same as above but with mantissa being non-zero) - if log(0) ought to be considered undefined/indeterminate (as you suggest), then why does C claim it's "-inf" and not "nan"?

Attached: nan.PNG (515x277, 10K)

no conferences held in muh basement, sorry
*tips fedora*

Them having special bits to be set for them does not mean that they are an accurate reflection of mathematics. Floating point is all about compressing numbers.

They probably decided to take the limit of the equation.

Yea, its weird that wolfram would contradict the rest of mathematics without mentioning why

yea, no. not usually

If all you can do is shitty fizzbuzz you cant do a job anyways

Not everyone is literally the boss, most people don't work at mega corps though. This is how the real world works. You network with people. You seem to think that the the real world is behind a computer screen where you have to use the online web application. Thats not how things work.

I see a one-to-one mapping between the mathematical object that is "minus infinity" and the IEEE754 bit pattern that represents "-inf" (or whatever string you use to represent it as characters if necessary).

Yea they have the same symbol so much be defined the same way. Sure thing. People don't reuse symbols with tweaked meanings. Like the floating point + symbol. That must mean full addition right? O wait.

*must be

10^x = 0

That's the definition of log(0), and x is its result. Protip: 10^0 = 1

Counterpoint: The reason fedoralords outshine people like you at hackerspaces is because people like you refuse to show up and make those places interesting.

More like people in tech are just generally communist, or at best libertarian.

Not that user but I think they are saying things aren't as clear cut as that. There is a difference between networking and getting a job only because your sister's boyfriend works at the company. I think that is treading a fine line, but it is true that networking is important if you want a decent job.

Unary + and binary + are two separate operators in C, that's true (even though they are conceptually kinda the same given that "+x" really is shorthand for "0+x"). However, "plus/minus infinity" are specific mathematical objects which extend the real line, and suggesting that their floating point representations are conceptually different (as least as much as C's "unary +" is different from its "binary +") is an odd proposition.

And 10^(-inf)== 0 also. No contradictions here.

Attached: 10^-inf.PNG (674x521, 22.62K)

Yes its an odd proposition that that floating point would differ in more ways than addition subtraction multiplication division, etc.

The value is not infinity. The limit of the operation is +/- Infinity. Its a statement that the value approaches in a direction. Not the value.

Please finish high school mathematics anons.

Attached: pepper.png (831x534, 91.31K)