Gtk3

All great things that Fedora has done FIRST. There's a reason developers prefer Fedora over other distros. They make out with the old ONLY if there's a better alternative.
(unlike canonicuck with sysv -> upstart)

tl;dr fedora 28 is almost here install it

Attached: Fedora_logo_and_wordmark.svg.png (1024x324, 32K)

Attached: Go Away.jpg (1631x1373, 649.39K)

Aside from wayland, fedora is cancer.

install gentoo

When I started with Linux I did a lot of distro hopping, until finally settling with Fedora
It has the best update/stability leveling for a desktop

Literally none of those are good things.

best systemd distro alongside debian

what's wrong with gtk3?

That's like being the best special olympian.

/g/ people will say that the design is ugly and spacious (which I disagree)
Actual programmers will say it is unstable ABI and API-wise (which I agree), this is being fixed for GTK4, but it's probably too late as a lot of software abandoned the ship

Developers prefer it because they keep a good ballance of up to date packages, stability, keeping out of the users way and just werks. On the negative side though, SELinux can suck my dick, and the release/support cycle is really annoying. Some argue it's good to make a fresh start every year or, but I argue those people are just lazy and let their system get pigged out with 3rd party software they didn't bother to package before installing, configs with copy-pasted spaghetti code, and using their home directory as a dumping ground. It's just like the myth of Win-rot. The system isn't degrading you've just been throwing trash around and pissing in the corner for the last year.
lewd

That's true. One of the things I really miss in Fedora is a Synaptic kind of software, it really makes the organization of packages more easy.
There was some tentatives for DNF, yum-extender and Dragora-something, but they don't even get close to Synaptic Brazilware.

Attached: disgusting.jpg (1024x576, 29.43K)

The packages are up to date but the upgrades really ruin it. My shitty Arch system on my big guy PC has been chugging along since 5 years, while Fedora just shits itself if you upgrade between major versions. Also I don't think SELinux is maintainable by regular carbon entities. You'll probably need to join a higher plane of existence and waste your enlightenment on trying to understand completely ridiculous abstractions.

Ever use Glade? Crashes like its it's job.

Plus you can't tweak theme parameters like you could on on GTK2 and Windows 3.
It also forces a lot of things, like animations and CSDs to the client where the WM can't disable them.

XFCE haven't completed because they are not porting to GTK3, but to Qt. Even Mate have completed the porting a while ago
Gimp is too big and complex, they just don't have enough man/hours to make the port. It works with GTK2 in the end

Didn't they pretty much state that they have no fucking idea how to get their shit to work under Wayland, since they don't have the resources to port their godawful WM?

Wrong. Xfce is being (ever so slowly) ported to GTK3. You're thinking of LXDE, which merged with Razor-Qt to produce the LXQt desktop.

It's a real thing. That WinSxS folder will keep growing, every font you add increases your boot time, and all those shitty leftover registry entries from poorly designed chink programs you uninstall add yet more time. Not to mention those services, tasks, and startup entries from bloated software.
Hell, I have a friend whose Wangblows takes 5 minutes to become responsive (from shit like SolidWorks, Chrome, SoundForge, etc.)

how about getting rid of the name "fedora"?

Shit distro tbh, tried it once for an hour, it crashed three times in a row on a brand new computer so the software was obviously the problem. Reinstalled Debian afterwards and everything was fine. You literally can’t convince me to ever use fedora ever again. Install a real distro, like Gentoo.

le

You do realize everything in WinSxS is hardlinked right? And do you honestly think a binary-based config database has any tangible effect on boot times?

Don't answer that, I already know you're just pretend to know about computers on an anonymous imageboard while using Linux as a cheap mask to hide your inadequacies (which is ironic because people like you are the ones responsible for lowering the IQ of the average GNU/Linux user and making it more evident literal retards could setup an install)

Attached: flavourtown.jpg (500x500, 84.89K)

But even the south-americans at Mate managed to complete the porting

Yeah, got them confused. My bad

Why is this cancer even needed

The Windows data store. It's made to prevent DLL hell to system data by providing system-wide DLLs through hardlinks. It also simplifies OS corruption repair with tools like sfc and DISM

xfwm is a monster

bump

-systemd is the only reliable way to kill processes and their sub-processes
-getting rid of deprecated software is always a good thing

That list of shit seems like a checklist for digital AIDS.

I genuinely don't understand why people use Fedora over Cent. It's kinds buggy.

Centos packages and kernel are fucking ancient. Fedora is up to date and acceptable for a desktop.
That said, it might be a bit too fast for a server, so Centos would be preferred there.

And it's stable. Weird huh?

Should just run redhat instead

Stable means none of the shit I need to run works

Basically what Cent is.

This. I was playing around with it trying to get a little privatebin instance running, but with an old PHP version, it's a lot harder to do something like that.

My distro doesn't have any of these problems.

Attached: 2018-04-30-023840_7680x4320_scrot.png (7680x4320, 9.68M)

My sides. Last time I used fedora, yum routinely corrupted it's own package database. Major distro upgrades were literally impossible to do and it would never end up as good as a clean reinstall. You need to install truckloads of 3rd party repositories to get any interesting software.

Arch Linux is vastly superior to this distro: rolling release, up-to-date upstream packages. I never looked back.

made me think.......

wow

lesbabbian

I also use Arch now. But I used Fedora in the past, and

Never had that problem.

If you mean upgrading from one release to another, I never had problems with that.

I think that's probably true of any non-rolling release distro or OS. Even OpenBSD, probably, as careful and autistic as they are. Though, tbh, who knows what kind of crap and cruft pacman has left hanging around my system?

The only time I needed a 3rd party repo in Fedora was for multimedia stuff, and I'm not sure that's true anymore now that the mp3 patents have expired. Also, Fedora was (overly?) cautious about including elliptic-curve stuff in OpenSSL because of patents, so I had to compile my own OpenSSL in order to use elliptic-curve keys for ssh and in Bitcoin. Not a huge deal, but it was a bit of a pain in the ass. I think they don't worry about the EC patents now, but I don't know, because it has been years since I've used Fedora.

So what? There are real files those hard links refer to. Loading up multiple copies of a library takes time.
And you conveniently ignored anything pertaining to fonts, startup entries, superfluous services (Office C2R service, Windows Defender crap hogging your HDD, Windows search indexer, Google Updater, Prefetch preloading crap, etc.).
I'm sure I know better than armchair psychologists like you who base their arguments on confirmation bias.

Don't worry user, Soon you'll get to experience the same cancer on Lunix as software distribution migrates to click'n'run Flatpaks and Appimages so even computer illiterate winbabbies can finally into Lunix.

oh wew

That's a pretty big desktop you got there.

Attached: its-so-fucking-big.png (1111x744, 671.7K)

For you.

When was that? I am using Fedora since the 25 and have gone through two major upgrades without any problem. Also, you only need to install fusion repository to have necessary software, like ffmpeg or MPV

horse shit
Python 3 is better

is my favorite distro

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-01 20-41-16.png (1280x800, 1.5M)

Why Fedora didn't switch to RunIT then? Don't tell me that you really think that SystemDick is the best init out there. SystemDick is hardly an optimal choice for anything (remember that SystemDick tries to devour all; it's hunger won't be satisfied until it becomes the kernel itself!).

kek. Have you tried to develop anything on a system that has NSA™ SELincucks? Also, why is Fedora still using yum (or dnf)? dnf should be either switched to something else or it should be improved.

Attached: d1b55208390e97fd894cf36d570e8d4113805145.png (512x512 78.74 KB, 50.75K)

Runit was grossly inadequate when systemd was born. Now systemd does exactly what Redhat wants it to do which is provide a Linux system configuration platform.

pape?

Cute brown girl you have there. Can I have her for myself?

An upvote for you, sir

Attached: 1YqdJUgT.jpg (251x251, 12.01K)

Install GHANTOO

I use KDE because it has more features that I frequently use over GTK which I find caters more to tablet users than desktop users.

I'm fucking done with Debian and any Ubuntu derivatives. The support and bug fixes are a joke when looking for easy answers. I'm currently in the process of trying to fix a graphics error that was fine this morning and after a reboot no longer displays graphics. Nothing changed at all, and I'm of the opinion that full disk encryption and Plymouth are to blame. This has been a known issue for years on askubuntu and it remains unfixed. Fuck this, I'm going to Fedora.

What is the problem to enable one well maintained repository with the patented software Radhat does not want in the main system?
Also, setenforce 0

Python is gay, like BASIC.