Google is tracking you in airplane mode without a sim

Google is tracking you in airplane mode without a sim

hooktube.com/watch?v=eJrebZh4S1M

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airplane_mode
qz.com/1131515/google-collects-android-users-locations-even-when-location-services-are-disabled/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operant_conditioning
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._F._Skinner
wikileaks.org/google-is-not-what-it-seems/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Flash lineage

get a voice/sms only phone

proofs?

Thanks friend for the news. It is important for us to know about these kinds of issues.

You are welcome to recreate the same experiment that this Fox news reporter did for his report. I'd bet your result would have the same outcome.

this video fails to mention if these phones were associated with a google account before being put into airplane mode.

it seems like this should be different if there was no google account associated. also it shouldn't send hit at all if there's no google shit installed, ie a custom rom without it.

Fucking hell, they just never have enough.

I hate these people they have no knowledge of computing.
Google still collect data if you're off grid since software can run in BACKGROUND without you even knowing it, it's simply isn't sent immediately.
Google can claim that it's in "airplane mode" but that doesn't mean that an exception can't be made by a google software to just let some software in the background access the network without you knowing it.
True but that is very incomplete, google sells anykind of data to anyone it's not only for ads.
MUH CAPITALISM, the first faggots who employed mass surveillance on their own people were Communist and Stalin loved it.

Attached: 1519074787856-pol.jpg (680x709, 126.52K)

Get out cuckchan shill. Unironically end your own life.

Install Gemini PDA, faggot.

i'm not watching a video. give me text or kys faggot

There's nothing more "cuckchan" than using Hooktube and taking FOX seriously.

This surveillance is done for profit. It fits in the usual failure mode of capitalism, which is optimizing for profit over what's best overall.
It's not comparable to communist surveillance, which was worse. That happened for a different reason and in a different way.
Surveillance is not inherently communist or capitalist, but this particular instance of surveillance can reasonably be blamed on the incentives created by capitalism.

That's a bit optimistic in my book. There's nothing stopping Google from keeping 'shadow profiles' about you like Facebook does, and at this point I suspect they're pretty good at merging all the info they gather on individuals.

With Custom ROMs it's a bit of a guessing game now, since you'd have to actually check the open source Android code for the functionality and laymen simply can't reliably do that for every update released.
You really do need a professionally maintained OS on mobile with all the sensitve information and sensors on them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airplane_mode

All the tracking was gps based. There is nothing new here.

Not only that, they use cell tower information too.
qz.com/1131515/google-collects-android-users-locations-even-when-location-services-are-disabled/

But with telephony off, the phone won't connect to towers.

They say they don't do it anymore, but who trusts Alphabet at this point?
I think Android will always search for towers when they're turned on.

Every move you make, every step you take, Google is watching you.

Attached: d401db18a3f4077fd90d57e4b37c27bc2552614db921e2d796e4fdf60bbe33c7.gif (120x160, 826)

Can't we all get nuked already?

Apparently Google does have what it takes to violate physics laws. Ebin. 10/10

Attached: 152147934161-ve.jpg (174x289, 10.26K)

Because what did Stalin wasn't to profit the USSR ?
No it wasn't, the communist didn't have 99% of it's population having a microphone, camera, GPS and other sensors listening to them 24 hours a day.
That we can agree on.
Because google wasn't funded by the CIA ?

That was never said.
That was never said.
Because having a phone is mandatory ?
Go learn to read more effectively.

So you are telling me that the airplane mode, which is a software function that is on android, can't make exceptions for specific software installed on the same android phone ?
It's not because you are convinced of it's function that it doesn't have other ones in the background that you do not know about.

By profit I mean something more specific than benefit. I mean monetary, capital profit. That thing corporations are supposed to try to get a lot of.
They did, however, have a lot more human involvement, and they used the information to keep people in line in a way that goes far beyond anything Google currently does.
No, because Google does this to make money. It just followed the standard capitalist incentives and ended up at mass surveillance.

You know your not even remotely fooling anyone into thinking you belong here, right?

Attached: 268992ea93b3388ee34fbcd378781d0dbb5d8cf71fb2a15fd5260b1a80618da2.jpg (680x697 354.13 KB, 246.62K)

Airplane mode is required by law to function as described, for physical safety reasons.
If what you said was actually done, that would be a suicide self shot by Google.

Lands ?
Houses ?
Goods ?
Water supplies ?
Food supplies ?
Employees ?
Having power isn't only about money.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operant_conditioning
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._F._Skinner

wikileaks.org/google-is-not-what-it-seems/

A lot of things are required by law or the constitution (like privacy for example) that doesn't mean that it isn't constantly violated.
Them google should have an hero itself a long time ago, but it didn't happen.

Laws are made by men and enforced by men what I mean is that any rule cannot be enforced by magic, if someone decided to ram a truck in to a group of people these sets of rules cannot magically stop that person from doing so, only people can stop people and people agree or not to a set of rules to live with each others.

Airplane crashes are a big deal. There's a reason why this mode is called airplane mode. Turn on the brain and calculate 2 things together.

That was solved a few years ago and isn't always mandatory now.
Or not
How dense are you ? it's a SOFTWARE black box if you don't have the code you can't audit it, security thought obscurity is a fallacy that needs to stop.

this is not reliable
you know how accurate GPS is in the worst case?
and it can be spoofed, too.
>it's a SOFTWARE black box
Android itself is open source, and this is where Airplane Mode is implemented. I always thought that black box is where you can't see the source.

like all humans, something close to the density of water.

You lack a lot of knowledge.
Android is "open source" but not all the licenses install on it are, plus open source means permissive licenses like the MIT or BSD thus the exact source of a binary isn't necessary shared by the manufacturer.
They are very accurate, 5~10 meters and can be more.
True but lame excuse, datamining companies want exact/precise data.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF Zig Forums!!
Realy gone shit, we even have netflix alternative thread and ton of other shit.

Attached: 000000.png (1400x1050, 1.84M)

Attached: 2d8158bde2476aa4b72c2cecf96795e7f4c42ca077e724a6ffcaddd98aa5e43d.jpg (1066x600, 159.21K)

No, it wasn't. Airplane equipment is less prone to interference by phones now, but it still is. In any flight the crew may ask you to turn off your phone or turn on airplane mode.
And there are other reasons to turn on airplane mode. Like working with equipment that is prone to interference by phones, but not Bluetooth/WiFi or other special addons. Like recording studios.

Even for casual listening, these dzz-dzz from phone interference are outraging. (if your tech is not sufficiently screened, which is often the case)

You deserve a ban even though this intentional bait.

Attached: 9d3db81934d566481aef5b517d6c58592af01f707c0b3a725503cce211d0197c.jpg.png (688x640, 51.5K)

ishygddt

Haha, that joke was even funnier the second time. You've got a real talent. You should become a Know Your Meme editor.

leftyfags really are this retarded.

It is possible that they just store movement data, WiFi data(whether or not you connect but ssid and Mac address) and once you reconnect to internet, then that file gets sent.

Honestly, the WiFi stuff is spooky. if a Google device connects to a router, it can send Mac and ssid to google. Then when someone walks by that network they know your location accurate to WiFi range which is pretty good. They can narrow it down even more with the signal strength info.

It is known that with apple products, even if you turn off WiFi/Bluetooth it is still on, it is very possible that google does the same thing.

You completely misunderstood the angle he's attacking you from. Nobody cares that you're racist.

Funny then, how he's the one who brought up racism out of thin fucking air in a discussion about surveillance. No, you're wrong, he cares very much that I'm racist, and it's actually kind of adorable watching him get so riled up.

Attached: 48d383cbd45175f8ec480c8866bd1aa4b1fcc13de1a49d85fc6c7d30b9c7d3d6.gif (445x250, 553.33K)

Clearly he does or he wouldn't be posting. Also I am not this poster: .

To avoid derailing the thread. It really should not be a surprise that Google does this. Good opsec demands that you consider as many potential attack vectors as possible. Not considering that maybe Google is collecting information in the background on your locked down device knowing the plethora of other shit they do is absolutely niggerbrains retarded.

go back to reddit

You really are as shallow and dumb as I thought you would be.

That actually wasn't me. Either way, get the fuck out, kike.

Attached: 495b596eaecb10ad46c579bb2985b08aca502e99ea05ad258674109ed3205b5a.jpeg (255x180 92.12 KB, 13.7K)

OK, you win. That hurt you meanie. 😟

You ridicule yourself better than I could ever hope to.

Attached: 25e96fb770a6e5e19b0469a351339bc255abf015e7d877a1f5bdd0f01830d0c0.gif (2000x1153, 365.09K)

Please stop you daddy. 💔

Good argument

Attached: d1aab13fca7fc80daa0ebdee7b238078eabae7113212eeba1b08fcc75d862c92.jpg (204x255, 15.01K)

Do you even understand set theory?

I only have surface level knowledge of it.

Where can I buy this data?

They don't, they sell ads, not data.

go back to reddit

GET OUT YOU FUCKING BLOAT SHILL

Attached: 9cd7814052a5a66c7d2e206ab832aa90d478dd96f314bb2195520ef44b3f6263.png (509x414, 154.01K)

👅
💩

This level of being an annoying sarcastic faggot should be a bannable offense. This is the reason i stay away from arguments on most sites cause you can't argue with these people.

Yes Google, literally the CIA, is going to suffer awful consequences because of this.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Excessive use of buzzwords and memes and passing them as arguments should also be a bannable offense. But then the chan would lose 85 % of it's userbase.
There is no argument here possible because everything is boiled down to insults and sarcastic replies anyway. Low-effort replies and threads that are only tangentially related to technology should be banned, if anything.

From any participating government or Google engineer tasked with oversight.

There is a thriving market on the darkweb for Google data, and plenty of their engineers or people in places where Google conforms to local laws will help you get what you want.

How do you think they managed to figure out Seth Rich's sins? Google helped.

Post a link, then. I wanna buy my ex-boyfriend's information.

I'm sorry but the underground datamarkets are not linked to, you have to get this information mouth to ear.

you can't have bans and anonymity at the same time, deal with it

This is the shit im talking about.

What's wrong with that?
And how would you suggest to ban people who are 100% anonymous (using onion, etc)?

Last 5 planes I boarded on had on-board wifi hotspots and literally half the people were staring their botnet slates during 4-hour flights. Muh Airplane mode my ass, dumb niggers.

Airplane mode doesn't prevent you from enabling WiFi, dinghole.
It's all about cellular networks.

Ah, yes. Good. I'm really believing your outrageous, unproved claims.

Even if i have factory reset multiple times and never turned any (((wireless))) connection on ever, even accidentally?

If you're not running TempleOS you're FUCKED.

Do you even know what abandonware means? TempleOS is in the public domain.

yeah but then god is tracking you

It's both. It's the fascism of surveillance. See

THIS

The cell radio chip can be disabled in what is popularly called the secret menu, search your phone + secret menu
enjoy your x2 battery time if needed
Im guessing the reason (((they))) want it always on is so they can track you if needed. I heard law enforcement refer to it as pining offline phones.

*pinging

any sources for this information?

battery time skyrocket when turned off
this is proof it is always on despite airplane mode
you need to dial the service code for your phone to get to the menu and be root for the setting to stick.

Attached: true offline.JPG (1296x1936, 186K)

All the proof you need is to put your phone in Airplane Mode besides a turned on speaker. Cellular networks cause interference. When Airplane Mode is on, there is no interference ever so it's always off.

In the SoCs included in phones, cellular radios are controlled entirely by (proprietary) firmware, that's why the Librem guys chose an outdated SoC: it was the only one where the radios were separated from the CPU so they can cut off energy from the antennas without fucking up the phone's functions.

The only difference between that mode you used, and Airplane Mode, is that Airplane Mode is automatically disabled when you dial an emergency number, but yours isn't.

you are thick
The chip is not transmitting its on listening for remote command from the cell tower.
They dont want you completely disconnected.

proofs?

Unless you have your own cell tower in the basement, there is still no proof that radio chip is actually off.

spookeh

The proof is in the unreal standby time
i can post a screenshot tomorrow and you will shit bricks.

I have good standby time with LineageOS as well, without special hacks.

right, post yours and i post mine later

It's about 2 or 3 days, but I usually only put it into airplane mode while I sleep (7-10 hours), and I actually use it sometimes during the day.
Can't take the time for the complete experiment.

Clown
and this isnt with the radio module switched off, the standby time is another week

Attached: uyhjeEo.png (1080x1920, 128.87K)

so you aren't using the phone for phoning?
or what did you do exactly?

this is my spare phone i fuck around with, the battery is old ..so i guess you get something like 40days standby out of a fresh pack.

YOU NEVER ABANDON GOD YOU FUCKING HEATHEN, BEGONE

Video is gone, anybody have a backup?