One Of LLVM's Top Contributors Quits Development Over CoC, Outreach Program

The reason for me leaving are the changes in the community. The current license change discussions unfortunately bring to memory the fsf politics when I was working on gcc. That would still not be sufficient reason to leave. As with the code, llvm will still have the best license and if the only community change was the handling of the license change I would probably keep going.The community change I cannot take is how the social injustice movement has permeated it. When I joined llvm no one asked or cared about my religion or political view. We all seemed committed to just writing a good compiler framework.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=LLVM-Rafael-Espindola
phoronix.com/forums/forum/phoronix/latest-phoronix-articles/1022400-one-of-llvm-s-top-contributors-quits-development-over-coc-outreach-program
web.archive.org/web/20180503033427/https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=16980841

Attached: commits_by_author.png (640x480, 9.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.li/YnvcL
archive.li/IK1Hq
archive.li/XnF2y
vdare.com/articles/colonization-by-indian-leftists-the-downside-of-merit-based-immigration
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28726438
textfiles.com/hacking/hacker
vimuser.org/
youtu.be/j9Yn3i-DMKw?t=9m19s
lobste.rs/s/nf3xgg/i_am_leaving_llvm#c_pwiove
lobste.rs/s/nf3xgg/i_am_leaving_llvm#c_gmftz7
lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2018-May/122922.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He was probably a nazi. Good riddence.

Attached: garanteed.png (1024x1024, 73.68K)

archive.li/YnvcL
archive.li/IK1Hq

LLVM's new code of conduct: archive.li/XnF2y
Hmmm:

Oh, so they are going to let shitty code written by sub 60 IQ down syndrome tards get merged in?

TOXIC ENVIRONMENT ALERT

gcc produces better code for a lot of programs anyway. and gcc 8 seems really promising since it fixes graphite and enhances PGO.

Actual question but sage when replying.

Would our politically incorrect board participants be fine with minorities working on the open source projects like this, granted they have been accepted to the project after going through objective set of metrics for programming skills? Be honest.

Why the fuck would anyone care who does something they're actually qualified to do?

Attached: 76f1401737c1da8a68f0b0eb6baaf87d9c11649e50e36bb7e26efac4c9205e33.jpg (331x260, 14.15K)

Nah nah. Don't dodge the question. You very well know what I am actually asking.

He very well answered you. If you 'actually' have a different question to ask, be explicit. Or GTFO of """our""" board.

Why would this be necessary? Niggers, cunts, faggots and trannies should shut up and code. If their code is good, it will be merged. If it's not, it won't. You know, you don't have to submit to a race/gender/sexual orientation test before submitting a PR on github, right? Nobody has to know anything personal about you. Pick a gender-neutral handle and don't use a photo as your avatar.

It's SJWs who wanted to make tech about race and gender and sexuality. Not the people who manage open source projects.

Attached: t3_7tmyzy.jpg (720x617, 92.52K)

I was explicit about my question. Go back to school if you can't read.

To satisfy our right leaning friends of course.
This kind of additude is the reason why they are so violent about their case, you know that?
Exactly.
Maybe they want to be credited for their accomplishments. Some programmers use GitHub to inflate their CV.
Actually, it was the Christians who made it about gender and sexuality. Burning homosexuals alive because some ancient book told you would get you many enemies. You shouldn't be absolutely shocked about that.

This would be a relevant comment if all open source project managers were Christians. But they're not, so it isn't.

Equality of Opportunity =/ Equality of Outcome. Whatever happened to "judge not by the color of ones skin, but by the content of their character"? By your logic, I guess minorites are lacking character then...therefore lets round up whoever we can find and prop them up as if they earned it.

I don't know who de Espindola is but I wish more people would, like him, have the courage to speak up, to express his opposition openly and refuse to bow down and silently acquiesce. This is fundamental. This is how the SJW racket (or any other, we know more than one) is disarmed, by having widespread outspoken opposition.

Kudos to him.

No. If they are so qualified to code, code in their own countries, in their own companies.
This is a matter that diverse environments, be them at the workplace or at the streets, is a major contributor to social instability and depreciation, prevents the native population to get jobs and housing, as they also prevent wages from rising due to surplus of labor, and actually, they influence the place in ways other than with their work, such as with political activism, or breaking down cultural norms (loud islmaic praying during the day). These people may also bring family, or send money out of the country to them, which is a huge problem today.

vdare.com/articles/colonization-by-indian-leftists-the-downside-of-merit-based-immigration

A decentralized group working ona project that only exists on the internet has nothing to do with immigration you retarded niggerfaggot.

Attached: tasty soup.jpg (1300x957, 131.53K)

Never claimed otherwise.
Sure, if they do something wrong they should be punished. I guess you are talking about Muslims in this context. Yes, people who violate other people's freedoms should be propped up on sight. This doesn't discriminate between religions, races or sexual orientation.

Defending your own freedom in presence of an adversary is another case. Don't expect minorites or LGBT people to stand still while their freedoms are being dismantled.

Of course it has, because it's saturating the labour market in the same way.
If coders are becoming pieces of shit, blame diversity and digital inclusion programs, and guess what? This will only lower the bar of qualified people because the wage will lower and stop being attractive as well.

You're either too young or a diversity zombie yourself.

Attached: IMG_20180502_132217.jpg (762x197, 62.65K)

Minorities and LGBT people can self-destruct themselves, no one cares.
Stop LARPing as well.

Yep, this is what I was looking for. Your issue is not with equality of outcome but rather with equality of oppurtunity. Basically you are just preaching shit you hear from other people and contributing nothing to these arguments, as well as just giving up on your moral high ground. Godspeed.

I'm not anyone you were replying previously, mentally ill faggot.

Attached: IMG_20180425_045752.jpg (801x612 104.93 KB, 104.82K)

you're a moron

So, the answer to your question is a huge NO. Because no matter how much good at coding this person is, having to deal with such person would just destroy the quality of the group.

Attached: IMG_20180502_132307.jpg (770x589, 152.57K)

The current system is designed to overcome cases you are talking about. If the minorities is the issue then the companies who don't employ them will ultimately stump on the ones who do, and therefore solving the problem. You are talking in favor of protectionist economies, a dangeous territory indeed.

You're the retarded here, no-nothing.

Attached: IMG_20180425_050139.jpg (898x328 74.42 KB, 66.37K)

Yes. It's not like the code is a faggot just because the coder is.
Using actual identities on the Internet is cancer anyway. Nobody should know if you're white, brown, trans whatever when it comes to online projects, anything else is just attention whoring.

Not at all, take the No as an answer already, diversity is a bad measure for every single economic and social outcome.

Why would I. We are just arguing (in good faith) about diversity in tech. You shouldn't be that bothered if we are exchanging opinions free of identities, being Anonymous and all that.

This. What is it about identities that turns people into butthurt faggots?

Attached: IMG_20180412_150748.jpg (994x569 150.59 KB, 114.99K)

Because you're arguing for a position that damages every single thing you can postulate as important.
You just have a too narrow view of reality and can't infer consequences beyond 1 degree.

Attached: IMG_20180412_153210.jpg (613x399 163.78 KB, 35.44K)

heh

Attached: b798ab48a5f3de17cac47aa53f6ce106bc51ded71f206efe4fed4f57cd2c1c5f.jpg (500x600, 107.94K)

To illustrate even more this position, the decrease in quality brought by spreading degrees to useless peoples simply shuned the bright ones out of the fields due to increased stupidity and lowering wages.

Attached: IMG_20180413_232739.jpg (590x366, 19.11K)

That's why you're dumb, you don't know shit, your brain works on feelings.

These pictures you have grabbed from Zig Forums has nothing to with being qualified to code.

Many mentally ill people actually contribute to science because they have disconnected from their surroundings and get interested in scientific topics instead.

The first computer programmer was a female. The difference between her and the current diversity inclusions stems from the fact that current diversity inclusions are being FORCED into their positions and naturally perform worse. Our inial disagreement here doesn't revolve around feminism, it revolves around outright rejecting people based on their labels, not their actual skills. This also applies to races and different sexual orientations.

Again, capitalism should solve it. The process it automatic, why would you go so protectionist about a system that is self healing is beyond me.

They were not grabbed form Zig Forums, these are screen shots I take from the abstracts of psychology scientific articles.
Now, not only male-only environments are more productive and more cooperative, female-rich environments tend to be the complete opposite and disgraceful to work on, with women themselves sabotaging each other.

Attached: IMG_20180420_022311.jpg (587x323, 44.16K)

It's not about capitalism solving anything or being protectionist about anything.
It's about destroying an industry for no reason at all, your arguments are based on inclusion by feelings, even if said person is qualified, they bring with them a massive package of problems and deterioration, intentional or not.

In short, diversity is a workplace destroyer, as it is also a destroyer of other things.
Look at what diversity did to the comic book industry, or movie industries.
Aren't those people *competent*? Of course, they can animate and draw leagues better than myself and most of people, but their sheer idendity and mindset are enough to destroy the industry and render it useless.

Oh shit nigga. Time to move to TempleOS/HolyC.

Attached: Yuri.jpg (626x563, 121.35K)

I'm beating myself over how to express that I'm not defending disqualified or uncooperate people or I am not defending a SJW point of view, and everything I tried so far seems to be failing. There is a mental bar on your head and I'm not going to spare effort to break it anymore. Please read back on my posts and reply again.

It's all about that. You are not trying to isolate certain groups of people entirely based on feelings, aren't you?
My arguments are based on inclusion by skills and facts. Yours seems to be based on hearsay from Zig Forums, personal feelings and constantly moving goalposts.

Then don't buy it. I remember some comic was canceled because some incompetent diversity hire was behind it. See, the system works after all. The incompetent ones will still be outbeaten by sheer competition. If the comics you are talking about is really bad, people should stop buying them and therefore healing the system once again.

Look at direct examples here in the tech industry, we have dozens of projects who got completely ruined by those people, and they can code very well.
This doesn't prevent them from being pieces of shit.
This is not an argument because we're dealing with distribution curves here, so, even if there were outliers, their weight wouldn't outweight the normalcy of crap, completely justifying them discrimination against them. Actually, that's how stereotypes are born, and intelligent people are often more prejudiced of others because they can make these inferences.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28726438

No it wasn't.If you want to appear "cs-savvy" you should really avoid Ada Lovelace,Grace Hopper and all the other first females your gender studies professor talked about.

No, you see, I understand your point, but I just don't care because you're completely wrong.
The market will not correct the mistakes without a price being paid, can't you see that? Things have to implode to self-correct, companies have to go bust, jobs have to be lost, knowledge have to be lost.

Are you willing to self-correct after becoming Brazil or India? After loosing everything?
You see, you can just outright prevent this from happening in the first place.

Also, the free market is a myth, things wouldn't self-correct as much as you predict because oligopolies would form from the last ones standing because every single small business would bust first, the situation would reverse to the losing of economic freedom.
This is exactly what happened in Iceland's Private Society, if you're wondering.

Get out of your dream world.

Hell, would you even be able to self-correct after becoming Brazil or India? This would represent a massive lost of economic and technological advancement in the competitive market, you could even regress to African levels if you couldn't stop the downward spiral.

You would have to basically retort to slave labour again after losing so much competitivety, just like India and China before - and remember, this time, they wouldn't be as nice to us as we were to them, the market wouldn't be isolated and utopian as in libertarian textbooks and the powers that would replace us would just make exploration colonies out of us, instead of allowing to us the same competitive edge we gave to them.

This is absolutely naive, completely idootic and economically suicidal.

Please explain this further. What does it mean?

Attached: serveimage(2)-1.jpg (570x593, 271.62K)

Then we will learn from our mistakes, if we make any. The current system has been built by exchanging goods and knowledge from less developed parts of the world and it has come to a point where we can also import talent from these countries. If the system completely falls down, more competent people will take control of it from then on, not budging an inch from the current system. I imagine people were desperate when the Library of Alexandria has been burned down, and look where we are now. Then later on, the Greeks have completely failed as a nation, right from their philosophical and technological high ground. Current system has awarded the USA the crown of technological competence and knowledge. Maybe some European country will get it next time but assuming we are going to remain in our current position forever seems too naive. In the current fashion, Chinese will outcompete the West by the middle of this century. The competition is the most critical thing we need right now.

Let's count the number of projects that are changed due to CoCs
LLVM moving to the new project
Firefox moving to Brave
Libreboot moving to LibreCore/Coreboot
FreeBSD moving to other BSD forks
Name some more

So, you would rather live in Venezuela than preventing it from happening in the first place? Also, no, as I said above, the contribution "those" people would bring are far outnumbered by their downsides.

You see, you're blinded. You're no different than a Commie Antifa, you would rather shut down logic and die an agonizing, painful and slow death than to abandon a wrong social science perspective (your economic views, if you're not aware).

If you only knew some history or actual economics, you wouldn't be so much of a puppet.

I'm saying we can't prevent it in the current system. America won't be policing the world selling iPhones to Indians forever. It will inevitably fall down and another country will replace it. Which country will it be entirely depends on our approach to the current situation.

This is just pure emotional outcry. Recommend some books to "correct" my views instead of spouting bullshit.

Oh only if you knew.

You can. You would have to violate the NAP though, maybe that's why you don't see it.

Not at all, because you're unware of yourself, someone had to say it to you.
Web of Debt by Ellen Brown (1)
The Public Bank Solution by Ellen Brown (2)
The Lost Science of Money by Stephen Zarlenga
These books used to be must read to everyone on Zig Forums apart from leftist idiots, but then after the election the sheer amount of retards was too big to redpill properly. Now we have this broken site situation, full of people like you, who fell from the sky out of shit like reddit, 4chan and youtube after watching muh Thomas Sowell and Milton Freedman, thinking of yourself as a master economist.

That's my line. You acting smug while in ignorance just reinforces my view that you're just too lost.

An Atlantic article? Really??

I don't usually condone violence but the reactionary movement against feminism needs to be put down brutally.

Maybe I didn't pay too much attention to the history class, I don't know, but I'm not aware of any country that is seemingly immortal to the everchanging nature of our world. Many thousands of them fallen and became the foundation of current ones.

T-thanks I guess?

Will check them out.

The nature of imageboards are everchanging. 4chan started as a leftist hate machine and became the rightist cancer it is now.

Cry me a river. I never claimed to be the master economist and actually asked you to recommend some books.

Maybe I am, maybe not. But I will actually read up on the books you have recommended and ultimately decide on what to believe and what to oppose. I recommend you to pay a visit to Zig Forums (I am only saying this because it seems you are at the opposite end of their belief) and read their library as well, well, assuming you are open minded enough to do that.

This one just describes what is being taught. So, in fact, is a good save because this are actual and real guidelines.

My journey was Communist (shitty professors guilty triping) > Conservative > Libertarian > NatSoc > Monarchist.
I've read it all, I've been here for years, and in other places for much longer.

wow how lame

for me, libertarian > ancap > ansoc > sjw > liberal > reactionary > mild conservative > hateful murderous racist

At some point though you have to acknowledge when you're just a puppet of people who invent trends

Nobody fucking cares who you are, just as on this site. The fact that you don't understand that, and even the way you worded this reply, leads me to direct you back where you came from:

Unfortunately GCC only has frontends for harmful/shit languages. (except for D. D is kind of good)

i don't care even if they didn't, i just think the white dykes who don't even represent them should stop trolling and fucking with people.

lolwut

why don't you go and write a frontend yourself, rustfag.

This is great news! Soon it will be dead then they can hire us as consultants!
Everybody wins!!!!!!!!!!

Can you code?

Damn straight.

Reading this whole thread, it looks as if the forces of fuckwittedness are aiming to make a beachhead here on Zig Forums.
Good fucking luck.

To imply anyone would care means that you already have no interest in having "objective set of metrics for programming skills" in place.

To make an issue out of the whole shebang is to already loose the fight.
If you are a pajeet that is good with coding then nobody will see you as a pajeet. No need to ask such a question.

Attached: ugga.jpg (513x558, 24.07K)

yes

Although it's factually correct it's not a good argument. Most people are racist and sexist; it's just a matter of which sex or races they are biased in favour of. You appear to not have escaped the jewish conditioning that that stuff is somehow "bad".

Any oldfags remember this?
textfiles.com/hacking/hacker
It's from a time before normies invaded and brought the politics with them. It's from back when computing was still fun and rewarding. And before everything became bloated botnet shitware, including the hardware itself. And as Terry Davis would say, it's back when people weren't afraid of a command line (it's a command line, so what?)
Well you fucking cianiggers and normies have killed the web, but you can't kill us. Just like Rafael, we'll simply leave you to your own devices, since it's not possible to reason with you, and you destroy all that you touch. So you can expect to see a lot of developers quiting pozzed projects in the future, because it's the only sane option left. Just like Rafael they'll say a short goodbye, give the reason why they're leaving, and then you're on your own.

Attached: hackers.ans.png (640x368, 2.8K)

>textfiles.com/hacking/hacker
This is pretty cringe, tbh desu.

most "manifestos" are written by a retarded namefag who thinks he's incredibly important and will be remembered as a great hero.

Leah Rowe says: Respect transgender people! Some of us run the software projects that you use! WE WILL ONE DAY RUN YOUR GOVERNMENT.

vimuser.org/

Attached: leah2.jpg (300x300 42.71 KB, 33.5K)

Attached: dhfr64dng.jpg (752x546, 69.28K)

youtu.be/j9Yn3i-DMKw?t=9m19s

WEW

>lobste.rs/s/nf3xgg/i_am_leaving_llvm#c_pwiove
Don't miss semen guzzling faggot pushcx appealing for "politeness" while fires burn in projects infiltrated by racist nigger commies imposing retarded cocs and racism against whites.
>lobste.rs/s/nf3xgg/i_am_leaving_llvm#c_gmftz7
Also the insecure dirty brown thing JordiGH
Oh the irony out of insecure darkies.
GOOD NEWS
>lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2018-May/122922.html
Replies to that tell me enough ebil white males that built this fucking industry have had enough of being called privileged and racist for bringing tech to the niggerbrain darkies using it to whine. It's war time now and the faggot leftists that attempted to take over tech have lost, we're taking it back.

This. Niggerbrain shit code impending.

NOONE, MEANING WHITES AND KIKES, EVER ASKED ABOUT RACE ONLINE YOU FUCKING NIGGERS STARTED MAKING IT SOMETHING THAT MATTERS IN 2008 WITH NIGGERBAMA GOT ELECTED

Do you even realize that this was written long before the web, much less imageboards existed? Back then eveyone had an alias, handle, whatever you want to call it.
Heck, good luck even getting Internet access those days. Unless you were priviledged (in the real sense of the word, not this SJW newspeak), you pretty much had to hack your way into getting access, and without much in the way of guidance or documentation. That's diametrically opposite of this SJW mentality where they want everything on a silver platter, and fuckings to the guys who actually do the real work.

Attached: ring1991.ans.png (640x368, 2.41K)

Autistic shut-ins fapping to neo-nazi maymays and whining about their animu waifus being not real lug around some hefty baggage as well. Can't express their ideas clearly and succinctly enough, can't properly function in an office environment (in any kind of social circle, really), just plain unpleasant company in general. No half-measures, then, all substandards should be purged without discrimination.

This phrase is spine-chilling.

If they were real, they would be 3DPD. What are you on about?

Last I checked it is only Islam that allows for killing of fags today.
Not that bad
Your going to have a bad time.
a REAL bad time

Yet Muslimes are the ones protected by SJW's and Christians the great Satan?

Attached: religinofpeace.jpg (595x359 135.61 KB, 255.36K)

Projection: the post

Or is it Chrome, I forgot.

Attached: be047aee1c0bc61c0a4ddd7881ccc1ad2a926f977f2347cd9e7585ba915d0c66.gif (480x238, 399.41K)

That's just the natural progression of religion. In a few hundred years, Christianity will be where the Jews are and Islam will be thew new Christianity. Hell, Islam will probably have spawned it's own little demon child by that point. Abraham's faiths are just a conveyor belt.

Are you a Markov bot or is there some kind of reasoning behind your words? I honestly can't tell

Islime has always been divided, there's no need for yet another sect to appear for it to be in absolute chaos

Narcissim.

I agree with that part of your statement

severely underrated post

So he's moved on to writing malware to fsck SJW drives?

Only (((SJWs))) care about who a coder is. Zig Forums is only concerned with the code.
Your question means you're already logically fucked to begin with and have a race bias.

Run GCC

Attached: 1524064735982.png (1280x636, 79.32K)

The more astute among us will realize this shit (sjw and identity politics) only became a thing in tech right after Edward Snowden came to prominence in 2013. That is not to say there wasn't any faggots or communists in FOSS before, but, not to this level of destabilization in every major software project.

I still believe it is a CIA operation to divide and smash consensus in any software project or team that would resist government control of the internet. It has worked quite well.

Good, I wouldn't want to use or work on any software that has a CoC either. It's like installing Flash to use a chat program, something that only makes sense in a corporate setting where investors are on the line.

WTF kind of bait is this? Snowden changed literally nothing aside from making normalfags pretend to care about privacy. Nerd culture has always been innately SJW. Being able to call people out for violating a pedantic rule with no practical point, like "no racism", is precisely the most favorite thing to do among autistic nerds. For instance, I've noticed this shit from around 2003 or so, and before that I didn't know "racism" is a thing.

Damn I miss the BBS days. Telix, door games, hidden warez, 1-on-1 DOOM deathmatch over 9600bps dial-up direct to your opponent's landline. Computing completely inaccessible to and untainted by normalfags. It was a golden age.