My children keeps asking for me to install Windows on the computer so that they can play other video games that aren't...

My children keeps asking for me to install Windows on the computer so that they can play other video games that aren't supported by Linux/wine. I have told them before but they keep asking. Should I beat them? I need to get the Microsoft demons out of them. Is that the only choice? Beat them to an inch of their lives?

Attached: 29609630.png (720x1110, 108.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5nTfKySq3yM
youtube.com/watch?v=DYy18mkYUhU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

install Linux on to them

Get them to install gentoo. Biggest game in life tbh.

Explain to them the perils of proprietary software and then install freeciv and TuxKart

This.
Make them install Gentoo and them play CDDA or Dwarf Fortress on it. Or even rogue.

Buy them a cheap PC or console.

How powerful is your computer? If it's pretty good, you could try KVM+QEMU virtualization with GPU passthrough, which I hear has gotten really good as of late. That way they can have a Windows installation for vidya that will not contaminate the purity of the GNU/Linux system.
Also tell them I said hi! ^.^

Attached: anime-boy-anime-cute.jpg (500x472, 50.34K)

Attached: 1401954206664.jpg (500x746, 29.22K)

Your FSF membership has been revoked.

Wrong. This is what the FSF believes. You must be forced into communism.

Attached: 1524411089805.png (960x730, 199.52K)

Have you ever checked Stallman's political notes?

Nobody on Zig Forums plays video games. We're a bunch of tinfoil wearing prudes who are boring as fuck. The only thing we do with computers is write code. Now fuck off back to cuckchan.

OwO

Attached: StallmanIsWeird.png (699x629, 543.67K)

That's a funny way to spell "rice"

Any proprietary software contaminates the purity of the system and must not be tolerated.

Fuck off you shill you don't ever believe anything you are saying. You are posting here on a very proprietary arm or x86 cpu. Come back when you find a rock that respects your freedom while supporting literally anything.

>>>/lv/

Beat them.

FTFY

Get them a PS4 or XBone. If they want to play some AAA shit, it's probably multiplatform anyway.

Stop larping op, no one likes that peepee.

Please don't confuse the matters of hardware and software. The matters of software need different considerations than the matters of hardware.

Either get a gaming console or buy a computer to install Windows and their games on it. They will figure out how to make it all work.

install gcc and give them how to program in c++ books

Of course you should beat them. Also, if you're in the UK, you can always legally kill them after the Alfie precedent.

Depends on the games, OP. Neat games can be irresistible even if proprietary. Point in case, shit like 4X, DF, etc. But those can probably be played on linux just as easily. So your kids probably have a terminal case of shit taste. Make them play free ports of old really k00l games like quake, doom, whatever.
If you can't exorcise the shit taste out of them then just get a windows computer for their playing, or a console, some privative shit outside of the good computer.

buy a windows computer that's so shit, that it can play no games. Problem solved

All kids have terminal case of shit taste because it is entirely dictated by peer pressure. Which is why you should never let them anywhere near advertisements. Throw out TV and install adblockers everywhere.

nico nico nii~

Attached: DbW0sRhX0AA6JJu.jpg (840x1199, 108.78K)

he might be into that weird hentai anime shit.
beat the demons out of your child now before it is too late, friend.

Make a boot script that runs through gnu/linux pci passthrough vm that runs windows. Make an exception if the vm crash, then the pc would auto restart.

The last thing I see is user writing code.

Attached: 1511312658958.png (671x519, 146.08K)

"Freedom" isn't free. Work sets you free, along with the glory of your ethnic folk and country.

Reconceive them in Rust.

Make them install Gentoo

With the introduction of 3D printing and the changed material conditions to the means of production? Not really. Where's my RISC-V board to print?

Methinks that you should prove your commitment to
FREEDOM
by allowing your kids the
FREEDOM
to use Windows on their computers and the
FREEDOM
to learn by first-hand experience why Windows and games are not good for
FREEDOM
Doing anything otherwise would expose you as the
ANTI-FREEDOM TYRANT
who you are, and your children will not follow in your path out of spite.
SO HELP THEM GOD.
Amen.

RMS says dolphins fuck humans?
RMS POSADAS GANG?

Attached: 01c3b834a786ef42562e2bdb13925f040d34eb38d5320f25a15afda3b8ee3e66.gif (2560x1620, 411K)

He is so fucking jewish, holy shit.

install gentoo

ur mom is communism fagt

Just do it. You have a managed router like pfsense or OPN right? Throw all traffic from the lone windows machine into the void and let them play games.

Play D&D or board games that help their imagination and social ability.
youtube.com/watch?v=5nTfKySq3yM

Reward them for using linux instead of punishing them for windows.
You can only escalate so much but you can always add more rewards.

Just install minetest them tell them it's minecraft.

gno

Minecraft works on Linux, why would you even need that?

Sure kid you can install Windows, that will be $200 dollars in licensing for the cd alone. You do have that $200 dollars right?

Buy a PS2 with games

come on dude

I want full out nuclear war so bad.
It would nearly purify the US of all the cancer.

Get them old consoles there's tons of games to be explored.
Otherwise on a parental level they need to trust you.If you haven't gained trust from them then you can say that you made a lazy job raising them, anyway if you want to correct this you need to show real life example of the negative effects of the botnet.
The most simple and obvious on would be to show that they can't have secrets (aka private life) when using the horrible software but it can be a double edged sword if they don't trust you first.
First gain back their trust in you, don't let others be examples show that you know better on the subject even tho it's a complicated matter to explain to children, you'll need some imagination for that.

Another way would be to teach them the way of installing a distribution from scratch for them to understand the reasons but it's pretty hardcore for kids it requires a lot of patience, time and support with them. Plus pedagogical examples that can be compared IRL to virtual forthe m to understand.
TL;DR
It's not easy nor a short solution.

Kids need to learn/be guided and not conditioned.
If you let them use proprietary software their are being conditioned.
If you let them use free/libre software you are guiding them.

tell them to just watch twitch streamers, it's more fun

Tell them to program their own games. Only niggers and cucks play games that other people have made rather than their own.

Make them play Battlefront 2 nonstop with no upgrades OP

This. Make them pay for the license and block any network access.

...or just install emulators if old console gaymes are enough. Anything up to a PS2 or a Wii plays well on a modern gaymer leenoox PC. The visuals can even outshine more modern consoles thanks to higher resolution and antialiasing that emulation enables. Mario Kart Wii looks absolutely gorgeous in 4k. Take that, PS4!

Only a retard woule pay that much for windows.

So this is what happens with a freeyard becomes a parent

The greatest risk of all is the avoidance of risk, let the kids experience the risk of using Windows if they want to. If you really want them to stick to GNU/Linux I suggest you try a more bargaining approach, really explain why it's the best for them.

And please don't hit them, that will cause trauma throughout their whole life.

Take pics of them through a webcam and mail them to yourself pretending to be a stalker. Then teach them about IT security.

Only solution is to let Stallman fuck them with a condom on or fuck their dead corpse you know

Buy them a Nintendo, at least their stuff is not as degenerate.

kys

make your kids leaders. explain why M$ is shit and show'em how to make fun of the poor sap's.

Buy a fucking switch or ps4 if your kids want to play video games.
At least it's better than installing windows. You're making a sacrifice by buying proprietary software, but it's better than installing windows and letting them become reliant on microsoft software.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 8.77K)

Games? They can learn to write the games themselves, I'd say. Give them emacs and lock them in a room until they wrote a tetris plugin for it.

Attached: 1507665965876.jpg (500x500, 29.2K)

Windows 10 enterprise ltsb 2016

Beat them.
And this guy too

It was a common thing to do when computers had BASIC in ROM. But then again, BASIC is a lot simpler to learn than any modern language. And you could draw stuff on the screen with like one line of code.

Attached: cube.jpg (842x1651, 326.21K)

I attempted this and 70 milliseconds later I finished. (tetris)

Take a ball and go to the playground play with them whatever game they like.
- if they swear you take away the ball away and they can never play again because it was offensive to other people (even if the playground was empty at the time)
- if they cheat you take away the ball away and they can never play with it again
- if they enjoy playing, at random time you take away the ball away and they can never play with it again, just because you no longer support their game
- also show them how DLCs work: you take the ball and they can't play with it because they don't have the same shoes as you

Then at the end of the day ask them if they really want to support a company which behaves in a way like you did.

Buy another computer for them though.

Time to move.

Attached: !.png (370x370, 3.88K)

Probably showing my age here, but I'm content with Gentoo + GBA emulator and PS1 emulator.
Old final fantasy games (and their GBA remakes) are all I need

Buy them a console lmao. PC gaming is a fucking scam.

Tell em to buy their own machines

What's wrong with fucking dolphins?

Go back to cuckchan, lincuck.

Kys

if the kids don't like playing megaman on emulator I think you should consider aborting them.

the only exception is if their objection is that the emulator has too much input lag and they demand a real console and Trinitron TV.

I'm surprised I've never seen a concern article saying how nuclear war is racist because cities get targeted which disproportionately affects people of color.

But I heard roaches are resistant to radiation?

accidentally found this. literally Zig Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=DYy18mkYUhU
"no"

THIS COULD'VE TOOKEN YOU ALL OF 5 SECONDS
WATCH
youtube-dl -f webm
FUCK U KIKE, KILL YOURSELF

Attached: Kim Jong Il - Team America - Everyone is Stupid-DYy18mkYUhU.webm (640x266, 482.7K)

ty. 8ch is currently shitting its pants when i attach files

WEST TEXAS BEST TEXAS