Running Adobe Photosho and Lightroom on Linux Through Wine

Does anyone have any experience running Photoshop CS6 and/or Lightroom 5 through Wine?
Particularly, is automatic updating disabled?
I need to deny it internet access and I don't want to manually turn off the goddamn wireless every time I use the program.
On my windows computer, I just block the .exe files network access using my firewall.
I want to run these programs on my MX Linux computer.
If I can do that, I will never use windows again for anything.
fuck windows
I hate it

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (813x722 286.74 KB, 552.1K)

I just run them in Windows because I'm not a faggot in denial that needs to jump through mental gymnastics to justify using an OS because you value software freedom only to run propitiatory software in it made for a completely different OS

If you must run them on Linux, why not use the cloud versions? Or an emulator? WINE seems to be a vector for allowing Windows malware running rampant on Linux systems.

Options:
-Use a VM, disable network adapter
-Edit /etc/hosts, manually route all adobe urls to 0.0.0.0

Good luck with wine.

PS: Just learn gimp or krita, adobe is just as fucked as microshit wangblows.

if your going to run adobe botnet on wine on jewbuntu you might as well just use windows.
install gentoo
and gimp

Proprietary image editors are kill.
Use GIMP and darktable instead.

MacOS > Windows

Yeah! Windows is still using DOS! Can you believe it?!

Wine is shit and runs hardly anything at an acceptable standard. Use a VM per instructions.

Attached: applegoesintothekikenroaster.jpg (480x368, 26.6K)

Too be fair, before OS X, Mac OS 8 was a p great OS. 9 was OK, but it did become unstable. 7 was awesome. The Finder is the best software Apple has every produced during the Macintosh era. Nothing has come close from anything or anywhere else.

fucking gimp is amazing and meets all my shit posting needs. Don't be a niggerfaggot and GIMP that shit OP.

Just use rawtherapee

OP if your gonna use a VM then use qemu and aqemu for a floss setup and (((obtain))) a copy of pre-(((licensed))) W10. As long as the botnet is virtualized your safe. (Unless hypervisor gets memed)

The fuck do you need LR for when Darktable and Rawtherapee are both actually good?

Get a second graphics card and use pci-e passthrough and LookingGlass to run windows at only a slight performance loss in a VM.

Or just use gimp

IPtables has a similar function that can block per application. Look it up.

Linux is terribly inferior when it comes to a firewall that just werks, but Douane is good enough

Aren't the desktop versions of these programs discontinued? CS6 must be 5-6 years old by now for fucks sake, are people just going to use this crap forever? What is it that you can do in them that is so special compared to the FOSS competition?

Attached: coniferoustest.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

OP Here -
They are more photography-geared programs. Processing of RAW/NEF files for actual professional-quality photography and so-on. Not just for the fun .jpg/.png memes.
Using the desktop version does not require one to be connected to the internet, for example.

I guess I'm going to do that, although my primary (what I'm using now) computer is MXLinux (Pretty fucking nice, if you ask me)

One usually has to pay for using the cloud versions.

Too memory-intensive, but thanks.

KEK

It might not even work...

Pic Related

tried using that before - its very clunky, difficult to maneuver, and not a very good 'go-to' program (for me)

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (258x410, 56.87K)

Is Linux a form of stockholm syndrome?

What is Lightroom? By the name it sounds like some serious software for serious dudes