I just tried windows 10 and holy shit it's really impressive how the pajeets could fuck up as much as they could...

I just tried windows 10 and holy shit it's really impressive how the pajeets could fuck up as much as they could, it's probably the worst OS i have ever used i would prefeer running FUCKING! WINDOWS VISTA!!!! over this 200$ shit.

How could anyone willingly use this?
How can Pajeetsoft™ not be bankrupt yet?

Attached: tp.jpg (385x380, 21.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/2785
github.com/zeffy/wufuc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Completely agree. As I said in another thread, this is by far the most antiuser piece of software I've used in my whole life. Between the lack of customizability and the "dumbing it down" it's amazing such a software isn't widely derided.

I torrented it and found it to be decent enough in a VM. You can modify a good majority of the shit features including the requirement for the firewall to be on and it hogs the shit out of the memory. In strict performance terms it is miles ahead of Windows 7. Windows 8 is better but it doesn't play well with KVM in my experience so I avoid it. It also has the added bonus of the new DX version which is nice if a little useless.

It's not going away as long as all the relevant software is exclusive to Windows.

If you think it's worse than windows vista you're obviously trolling

It's the best post-XP O/S that Microsoft has put out. The complaint sounds like you didn't use any features and just immediately started trying to disable all of the cruft it comes with (which is 98% possible to do, as pain in the ass as it is). Actually using it and getting shit done, however, it a breeze. Really snappy, too.

Next thing you know he'll be telling us how it doesn't really spy on you if you spend the entire weekend hacking the registry.
Cucks will work this hard to unbotnet Windows and then turn around and tell you setting up *nix is too complicated.

Attached: ed45934081433b12625f2ba5e00b1351be50d53782b68e117e1de333ff36d0bb.png (840x780, 698.79K)

i have like folder with 1000 things to do just so i can stop Windows 10 from communicating with its servers and doing things out of my control
its insane
THIS WAS NOT A PROBLEM WITH EARLIER WINDOWS VERSIONS
Microsoft BACKPORTED telemetry with updates to them

It is.

M$ approach companies/cities/government not hooked on M$ phonics and offer them a sweet short term deal. Management is stupid and just want to show how much profits they are making for the company and get their fat promotions. But what they've done is setup the company to get fucked by M$ without lube in the long run. They don't care tho. They can just hop to another company.

literally why tho. that OS serves no purpose. do you have some driver from the year 2022 that only works on win10?

it is

Attached: windows_os_house.jpg (638x1288, 176.08K)

Wangblows Vista was shit due to pajeet tier coding, the OS itself was somewhat usable once they fixed all the bugs and called it Windows 7 by Microshaft standards.

Startingly accurate.
What'll Windows 11 be?
A series of goy-carrying glass cubes hanging over a street in Tel Aviv?

It looks like dogshit (flat design is cancer), and every upgrade manages to be utterly broken.

I know that feel. I have Windows 10 installed for vidya and every other time I turn it on it spends half an hour updating god-knows-what meanwhile the whole machine is blocked and you're not even supposed to restart, that also happens when powering off although not as often, not to mention it's slower than my Linux on a much cheaper non-vidya laptop. I'd probably go crazy if I had to use it for work.

Attached: windows_user.mp4 (480x272, 5.43M)

There won't be a Windows 11, the panopticon prison aka Windows 10 is final destination

Anyone here who uses Windows 10 at work because that's what the company went for? How does the IT department approach the botnet antifeatures and other bullshit like the updates causing obstructions at random times? Is Server 2016 a similar kind of disaster?

It's almost certain that Windows 10 will become a "cloud" OS within the next 5 years or so, the computer will only have some bootstrap code (basically extended firmware) initializing I/O and network, and will boot straight to botnet. Similarly, Office 365 will be the only version of MS Office, and Windows Server will probably be discontinued and merged into the Azure platform.

A few weeks ago I had to install Windows 10 for someone, it was like traveling from a first-world country into a war-torn shithole. Just getting the damn key to register with the key server took us an hour because if you made just one mistake the entire installation process got fucked. And of course in order to get your (((free))) student key you have to sign up for like five different services. A few days later I installed Kubuntu on my new PC, it was like therapy: everything was so smooth, simple, friendly and never got into my way, no key, no web services. It's just a fucking installer for crying out loud, how can you fuck up something that simple.

People need software X, and software X is only available for Windows, so that's what they use. Furthermore, Windows comes preinstalled on pretty much any PC you can buy. And of course there is the case of a Microsoft representative coming to demonstrate their new products with two suitcases and leaving with only one suitcase.

Unfortunately I use windows 10 because I need visual studio for study and because I Can not administrate my own computer. (it's shame)
This system fuck my hardware so hard and sometimes I ask myself - why?

OH, free student version
This problems is just begin!
Updates like nightmare. I gave up, actually.
Hope you're more lucky than me

I got a similar situation. just get a T500 and put pirated windows 7 or vista on a second harddrive in the ultrabay, and encrypted linux on the main drive. Unless your school is 100% facist they should let you bring your own machine.

I don't even miss it. It's like some foreign world to me now and I'm happy about it

My streak was like 4 years up until around now. Hadn't even touched a windows computer until last week. Feels good man.
Of course, when you're back at using windows for whatever reason it just sucks. Terribly.

I still use 2000 & XP

Attached: 7658b041d81b2d.jpg (619x619, 24.95K)

I was actually a loyal and long-time Windows user up until like 3 days ago, but I am now officially sick of Microsoft's shit. And it's one thing in particular; really two problems in tandem that make it really bad. I like using as little CPU/memory as possible. so for example, I'm thinking that using the built-in virus scanner thing would be the most efficient.
But there's a problem: every fucking time I walk away from the computer, the thing revs up like it's decoding video or some shit. It's either the aforementioned Defender thing, with it's automatic scans that you can't turn off, or Windows trying to install some "modules", I'm guessing updates for modern apps. The result of Windows trying to do both is that EVERY time the computer is idle, it's doing some shit.
Since this kind of behavior (from the outside, without using system monitoring tools or anything) is nearly identical to bitcoin miners, in my eyes, Windows can be talked about in the same category as malware. It makes your hardware do shit you don't want it to do. I just got too pissed off one day and installed Linux Mint in an afternoon. It's been pretty good so far.

Attached: 1345792888459.jpg (492x380, 39.21K)

To be fair, Vista really wasn't that bad after SP1 as long as you had a machine that could actually handle it.

AFAIK you can disable all that crap in the enterprise version.

Yeah, that is one thing Microsoft is good at, I'll give them credit. They love to make money beyond all else, so they KNOW pissing off the enterprise and China is a bad idea, so they bent the knee for them. Everyone else gets the shaft, though.

My workplace uses Debian on all its computers. I haven't touched a windows computer in years. I haven't touched a crApple in decades.

Normies are afraid of Linux for some reason.

What does your company do?

That's the power of monopoly and patents. Once you have control of the market you can do anything you want.

Ah, the eternal perils of svchost also known as Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility service.
To be fair Ganoo/Loonix can rev up the CPU at times toowhen using btrfsbut it's nowhere near as bad as Kikebongs.
Also idle RAM usage on Linux is consistently

Attached: BlindVoid - The road that must be walked.webm (1024x576, 6.68M)

Make Windows 7 a sideways house.

no, fucklord. the most efficient thing is to run no antivirus at all. if you ever _do_ get some malware or the system seems slow, just reinstall it. even without malware the system will eventually be slowed because of all the bullshit that all the proprietary software you installed does

s/reinstall it/reinstall the OS

>Also idle RAM usage on Linux is consistently

Well exactly, the answer is to probably not fuck with Windows at all.
But if you're wondering where I got the idea from, Security Essentials was actually the shit in the XP days. It used barely any resources, was industry competitive, and you could SCHEDULE SCANS and shit. When I heard Windows 10 had it included, I was excited. Then later disappointed.

Not all of it. And no one even cares they just happily suck Microsoft's cock
I've worked in IT for several companions

well, what they did do right is no screen tearing, which is something i seem unable to get rid off on my gentoo meme machine. Any suggestions?

What GPU do you have? What DE are you using? Are you using a compositor?

i switch between internal (intel) and nvidia (nvidia-driver), I got a laptop on which I want to save battery sometimes.

I use kde and i3 mostly. KDE's compositor for intel and nvidia sucks ass imo. Nvidia is worse tho. Turning internal compositor off and enabling Compton gives me weird black lines next to the opened windows on both internal and nvidia. Compton also seems to have some problems correctly displaying shadows. If this and the previously mentioned problems are related idk.

i3 has no internal compositor, so I also use Compton to save me from the v-sync inferno a little. The problem is with scrolling faster than average, it starts to tear a little bit, but everywhere... The point is: I seem unable to configure it right or Compton lacks the features it needs, since I just want it to wait until it fully rendered and can do the animation without making my eyes bleed.

I fucked around some with my settings, but the annoying thing is I don't understand what I'm doing. One time I had some config in Compton that would stop emacs from refreshing its screen every so often. Which increases my dissatisfaction & envy on how beautifully its done on wangblows.

fyi since the configurations for nvidia and intel gpu arent the same I aliased a command to enable either one depending on the one I'm using. I could post config if ur interested

Btrfs has automated FS scrubbing/repair that pops up for a few minutes every 5 hours or so at least that's what it does on my end.
Is the webbum I uploaded earlier corrupt or is it just 8ch being 8ch?

Next thing you know he'll be telling us how it doesn't really spy on you if you spend the entire weekend hacking about:config.
Cucks will work this hard to unbotnet Firefox and then turn around and tell you setting up Otter Browser is too complicated.

Attached: 981becd2e38fdbc30d02157a676b7c624556c6e7cddbdec584f8730645d59c58.gif (250x251, 410.38K)

Found your problem. Switch to nouveau or GNOME.

But it's based on chromium. How does one e.g. disable http2 or the performance apis? There is a reason Tor uses Firefox as a base.

You're right, OP. I went back to Windows 7. I don't have an upgrade path when support for it ends in 2020.

Win32

You can't install Windows 7 on the latest CPUs without twiddling with the install media.

It is if you compare it to Vista with SP2. You're right otherwise.

There's lag from when you press the start button and the menu appears. That single fact is enough to accurately put it among the shittiest of all OSs.

If you're not activating a KMS-capable edition against a VLMCSD virtual machine (WITH vlmcs.tcp.localdomain SRV record pointing at said VM's IP), you're pleb-tier!

c'mon user.

back to cuckchan /g/ with you poojeet.

That doesn't really work. An about:config can be altered easily by editing your user.js, and their are multiple projects dedicated to authoring and maintaining user.js's, all for different ends. It's as simple as cloning a GitHub repository, and updating can be updated with a simple cron job even with custom changes. A lot of security is a matter toggling the security alarm before the burglars get in, so automating that process, and having those features actively maintained by people who are willing to put in the research is incredibly valuable. But I digress; security is much different than privacy.

The latter is also misinformed. There's an entire ecosystem of chrome tweaks for Firefox, and they can all be extended by your userchrome file, which is a one-time thing.

The difference between Firefox and other browsers is that the former can be extended in simple plaintext and saved in a GitHub repository, whereas most browsers want to be extended on a per-profile basis and are typically not as featureful.

You are right about privacy. A user.js isn't going to redeem Firefox's built-in telemetry, and fuck Mozilla. Which is why I eagerly await the new IceCat. For the record, though, security and privacy are two separate things, although they often go hand in hand.

And I don't really think Otter is a good project to bring up in a discussion about viable browser solutions. It's not even valid in the category of actively maintained browsers.

Otter browse doesn't implement http2. That was only added to chrome in 2015, Otter Browser was forked from the 2013 chrome and http2 is not mentioned in the changelog or anywhere in the github. I don't know about the performance API's honestly.

Merely talking about firefox from a privacy standpoint. Also IceCat is not really that much better I have heard. I havent done any tests on it myself though so I cant really talk about it. Anyway there are lots of maintained windows 10 registry files (I think thats how this works? Sorry I don't use win10) that supposedly disable the spyware. Of course that wont turn off google analytics on the addons page, but whatever.

I agree with both of you about Otter Browser not being good to bring up to make my point. I just thought it was funny how you could replace "windows 10" with firefox in that statement.

Sorry that post is unclear, when talking about the addons page I meant the one in Firefox. I dont know if it's been changed but this is what I mean:

github.com/mozilla/addons-frontend/issues/2785

Just out of curiosity, what CAN'T you disable?

Just use linux or openbsd then, seriously.
For getting shit done, those os's are way snappier.

they'll run out of money and die eventually. i give em 5-10 more years max.

hahahaha

They'll run out of competent employees long before that happens.

I tested it out in a VM the other day. Immediately bombarded with some loud cunt pumped up to max volume which was ear shattering on my shitty head phones. Then once I unticked all the ""optional"" botnet settings and got into it I kept getting constant spamming notifications from the same cunt that screamed at me before in text form like that old paperclip tip guy from whatever OS.

just use mxlinux instead/10

Shitdows 10 sure is easy to set up:
>I hope you don't mind Windows 10 Home (most common version bundled with PCs) can't really turn off updates group policy doesn't work
All of this cancer and more, just to get to USE your computer.

There's still data sent when configured for maximum autism you can just tell it to send less
even then there's no way to audit the code and check if the disable settings are just placebo

Its worse than ME, by far the worst OS Microsoft has ever produced by a country mile and more.

I'd rather use MacOS and I used to hate that thing.

MacOS? What's wrong with MacOS?

>github.com/zeffy/wufuc
was this written by someone from Zig Forums?

Gaming. Wine is shit and I don't want that crap on my base install anyway.

This is a vm so you can just a different CPU model that is supported. Since VM performance without passthrough tends to be shit it's hard to notice the difference versus using your host model.

You really need the pro or enterprise version and know going into it that without modifications it doesn't matter what version you have it will be shit. Basic Win10 is like hell.

What the shit? Win10 is by far best Windows ever made and this coming from someone who used Linux exclusively for many years.

Attached: 1509956231928.jpg (250x408, 29.4K)

Shill.

wow it's like 1999 again and everyone in the internet is 12

Attached: 1442993126893.png (989x720, 319.61K)

Nice cuckchan filename

Attached: 1451889973323.jpg (720x529, 68.06K)

Frankly anybody running Windows in this day and age deserves their shitty experience. Even Linux is more newb friendly at this point.

Nothing. Its I don't get it. Why do people hate it?

Granted PPC OSX was closer to NeXTSTEP, bit its still fine

kek'd

Are you sure that's the ENTERPRISE and not pro version?

LTSB
It's the only version that's tolerable and it still sucks ass

It is. Vista wasn't even that bad unless you were running a toaster

It's a valid sentiment, considering Microsoft IS a corporation, and corporations only exist to create profit. That's not necessarily a bad thing until said corporation is in a place like Microsoft, where there is no adequate competition, so Microsoft, concerned only with profit, is "too big to improve," meaning it has no incentive to improve because it won't result in more profit when everyone is using Windows anyways.

Microsoft has improved a lot precisely due to competition, not only Windows but Office and others.

There was a time when WinXP was so horrible Mandrake with KDE as default was actually much better than it was, and OpenOffice was legit on-par with Office 2003. Now LibreOffice doesn't stand a chance against Office 365 with few exceptions such as formula editor and epub creation. Pidgin was hellova better than MS Messenger at being MS Messenger and Ekiga was way better than Skype. Both not anymore (and Messenger is dead).

Now GNOME has been a mess for a while and only KDE can effectively compete with Windows on desktop, but every major distro defaults to GNOME, so there goes that. OS X is main competition now. All the best features of KDE are now in Windows 10 anyways, even direct communication to contacts in form of People that's ripoff of Telepathy framework but works better. I don't feel like missing out now at all on Windows side, and I ceased using Windows altogether for years when Win8 hit.

MS clearly reacts to competition all the time but that competition isn't there like it used to be. Linux ecosystem is falling behind. Doesn't help that pic related. Yet I don't even need those since bash from github's git for Windows exists, at least haven't found reason yet. But they exist.

Attached: linux for windows 10.PNG (1088x862, 79.96K)

What you consider improvement, and what I consider improvement, are different things. I think Windows has actually gotten worse, rather than improved.

MS will probably team up with Canonical or RedHat, and start infecting GANOO+Loonix with pajeetware. They just need to create the next SystemD.

At least Vista didn't get more bugs and become worse and worse with each new update, unlike Botnet 10. Vista also had better GUI and less lag (probably because it had less botnet)

But perhaps MS will start selling ""Premium Support"" for Botnet 10, and continue just providing security updates (and updates to their spyware) for regular version of Windows 10?
t. eri

Your bait is just too niggerlicious.
Also, some old games refuse to work properly on Windows 10

But what about malware?

Yeah, Microshit Security Essentials used to be good when it first come out, but it quickly become almost useless as it couldn't (and still can't) detect anything

I wouldn't use btrfs, if you don't needs its features (you know if you need them). ext4 is also more stable FS.

then next """Feature Update""" will undo all your changes. because MS knows what's best for you and your data :^)

bad GUI (imo), still no proper package manager and why not just use GNU/Linux or *BSD? What advantages does MacOS have over Linux or *BSD? Zero, imo.

B-But it depends on the game

What's so great about an app store??
All additional languages are deleted during feature updates and Botnet 10 may or may not re-download them automatically.
PowerShill is slow as fuck.
If you want to use GNU/Linux, then why not just install GNU/Linux??

Nice baits, paid shill(s).
Forced botnet updates aren't a good thing, even if you like Windows and MS app store thing is just awful.

Attached: windows-final.gif (350x350, 53.78K)

I wouldn't mind seeing a linux distro removed of all GNU utils and replaced with MS utils.

I wasn't talking about OS X or macOS or whatever it is now.

That's just a minor jest. The entire internet has always been full of C evangelists.
There's some emoji there too but i don't have a font for it. So i may be missing some important information

Same, I don't think its possible to fuck up more than GNU has.

Wow, you sure convinced me now!

Let me guess: you're an utter faggot and didn't install Enterprise LTSB 2016 + Ancile.

what did I win?

Personally have no screen tearing in gnome-shell and xfce, but I have screen tearing in plasma with an amd gpu.

If I use opengl with kwin i have no screen tear but kwin dies often wehn alt-tabbing, with xrender there's no crash but there's screen tearing.

I agree, but every modern OS sucks - because the standards suck. GNU/Linux sucks; It's really just as bad as Windows. The only redeeming feature of GNU/Linux is that it's free software, and it's hardly redeeming because the codebase is so complex. Also, Mac OS X is a proprietary piece of shit system made by a company obsessed with locked down overpriced paper computers.

Most people only like GNU/Linux because it's not Windows, and because if it's FREE (not that it has to be FREE or FREE but it can be FREE and FREE), it must be good, ...right? Remember kids, GNU's Not Unix, and that's somehow a good thing.
Welcome to a world where the maintainers of software dash towards a monolithic system where you're forced to use inelegant bloated software like systemd, dbus, udev, udisk, dconf, gconf, pulseaudio, ifplugd, avahi, polkit, udev, network manager, consolekit, udisks, upowerover (guarantee 99% of GNU/Linux users here use one or more of these). The problem with the Linux ecosystem is that nobody cares about elegance, it just has to work.

The kernel programmers are incompetent, the userland programmers are obsessed with ideology and the users are now right in the middle of a vendor lock-in, of the type they wanted to escape by moving to GNU/Linux. How long before those who develop software for GNU/Linux (e.g Lennart) screw you over? Not long. Ignore all the people defending something just because of its license and because it's "not Windows". They're just as deluded as the faggots on /v/ who use Windows. You're retarded if you think you're "superior" because you use GNU/Linux over Windows, or vice versa.

I use gnee/loonix daily and I use none of these.
Rate my Autism

You are a hero. (Unless you have them installed and just don't use them, in which case die.) But, please tell me you don't have anything like Firefox/Chromium/apache on your system.

I use GNU/Linux because it's free. Free software is good because I will always have the freedom to change any part whenever I choose to do it. If I feel one part is inelegant, I can choose to change at any time I wish. When the software is free, there will never be vendor lock-in.

no Windows 10 is actually a whole new level of aids. i've hated the fuck out of Linux for 15 years and also have been saying Windows is only slightly worse, but Windows 10 is not in the same boat

I have none of those except udev and dbus, and it's still shit. only 1 or two things i have even "need" dbus. even without udev linux would still be shit

Exactly the kind of GNUtard delusion I despise. Why do all of you ape the cadence/writing style of Stallman...? Do you think this makes you seem more sapient/sagacious? Guess what: it makes you sound like an inculcated cult member. Anyways, please show me the replacements for the software I listed that you wrote yourself. After all, you have the freedom (sic) to do it - right?

I don't even have any of them installed. Unfortunately I still have furryshits installed(esr52 won't be """uprgrading""") because I need to access certain pages for university.
I plan on making my own "distro" soon so that I can completely remove the gnu part of my system. The only thing holding me up is deciding how I want to do package management. pkgsrc seems alright but there are some other tools which I like more.