Why do people keep shilling VPS running VPN as a great privacy solution, am I missing something?

Why do people keep shilling VPS running VPN as a great privacy solution, am I missing something?

This doesn't seem any different from a commercial VPN solution expect for the fact that you are more unique. It's worse if the commercial VPN is an actual no logs service.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17254113
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17256055
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17258203
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this is also possible
also I can say that it was posted by someone else and it's their problem that I have no logs to tell them who exactly did it.

I get the feeling that would be followed by several articles in world news outlets about the company being evil anti-semitic bigots that probably gas jews in their basements for fun, the closing of all the company bank accounts because the First Bank of Mordecai doesn't want to be involved with such evil anti-semitic bastids, the company's ISP or some ISP upstream from them shutting off the company's internet access because they clearly can't allow such evil bigotry to be posted online without repercussions, and some antifa drones firebombing the data center because their handlers informed them of the evil ungood VPS provider that is literally Hitluh! because it's allowing evil no-no people to say evil no-no things.

Well gee why don't you ask some of the many hate-speaking eurofags on this site what their experience with VPNs has been?

Your logs would be irrelevant, Twitter has logs and the VPS provider would know who had the IP at the time. VPN companies rely on their reputation for privacy (it's their whole business) while VPS providers do not.

possible solution/s to you shitposting on twitter problem.
I don't know much about this stuff and I have only a limited technical knowledge but from what I've seen people don't get caught because of bad technology but because of bad opsec. they use their real names, or brag about it later on facebook, or some dumb other shit. these methods probably wont protect you from a large state funded organization but unless you're a drug lord it wont matter. they will not waste the effort on small fry.

It's only recommended for piracy tier activity aka when you just want to hide traffic from your ISP and don't care about anonymity.

Buy a pre paid card at a vendor with no cameras

I'd assume they're all currently in the process of being sent to concentration camps or extradited to pissrael for saying dirty bigoted unspeakable hatefacts. After all, we can't have hateful bigots disturbing the peaceful utopia of DiversityLand, can we?

Tbh I trust VPNs with clean record rather than VPSs (for example Mullvad or cryptostorm)

But I guess its just kids who found out about VPS and see how it is versatile

Run a Tor bridge on VPS least possible to be owned by MOSSADniggers.
Connect to a vulnerable home routers as proxy/vpn after Tor to acquire "clean" IP address.
Post your very valuable blabbings on twatter.
Cons: you could get exit router owner in trouble, but who cares, you're doing the right thing™ to save the world, right?

It's clearly valuable enough to scare the powers that be into going full SHUT IT DOWN mode. Anything that causes the establishment to mass ban and imprison people must be a positive thing.

This problem could be avoided entirely if you didn't live in a nanny state

Attached: 44c1bbe91244a7ad2e4ecad6aa0b0dd04c607323b93a2d666305c125ba290bda.png (187x243, 76.92K)

The solution is to get a VPS in Syria. You cannot Mossad the Assad.

Of all the cases of people who said no-no things on the internet in Europe I've seen it was always a simple case of the prosecutor requesting an ISP who was behind the IP, never ever I've seen mentioned that they took the route of following a trail of proxies and vpns.

0) Behave good. Don't give people the reason to van you.
1) Run a Tor exit relay.
2) Allow passer-by people to join your open wireless network.
3) If you get vanned deny the traffic.

It's because VPN no log don't exist. They all log and they all give out their data, if they're not honeypot in the first place.
When you take a VPS, the main use is not the same, so they're far more neutral. Moreover, you control everything, so it's better anyway.

Does people have some nice offshore VPS?

Attached: zuckerberg-jog.jpg (750x488, 54.95K)

go to lowendbox.com

Because people are fucking idiots.

what else are you going to do? run your own pipes to a colo and lease an ip block?

Use Tor? If it's good enough for the pedos and they stay not caught, it's good enough for your Pajeet ass to shitpost

what's with all these stories lately of pedos getting caught? like in disneyland and that dude who had 58 terabytes worth? if they were using tor, how did they get caught? i think tor is decent, but it's far from perfect. it's like saying you can drive around anonymously until you get pulled over and have to give your license.

I'm starting to think reputations are just lies.
Threads like this scare me
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17254113
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17256055
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17258203
Maybe we should all just use Tor or i2P?

idiot

None of the stories I've seen lately have anything to do with Tor. It's all people doing shit on their work computers and getting busted by IT, or getting reported to the cops by a jealous roastie spouse, or just flat-out admitting it to the cops when they're under investigation for something else.