The only way to make FLOSS social-related software gain enough traction to become usable is to force them as memes in a...

The only way to make FLOSS social-related software gain enough traction to become usable is to force them as memes in a co-ordinated fashion while simultaneously promoting more zuckerberg and google stalker memes
But is it worth it?

Attached: IMG_1337.jpg (1280x720, 104.11K)

How about you make software that people actually want instead of bloated shovelware just for the sake of it.

How will you get enough money to finance your alternative software without selling out?

Threaten that all content will disappear if we have to shut down!

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (640x448, 300.63K)

Youtube Influencers control the opinion of the hip youth crowd now, if you cant afford to pay them to shill your shit it will never get popular.

Exactly

Because even if you make something great, investors and marketing people will come in and beat you. Look at Inifiniminer and Minecraft for a very good example that quality software (or a game) isn't enough to be successful. You need marketing.

This is what I tell faggots everyday when they shill non-FB/Twitter social media. It's fucking useless, just accept that Mastodon/Minds/Gab shit will die a slow lonely death because FB has popularized to a point where it's basically a requirement for any job.

I don't know the other too, but Gab is deserving of death.

There are many popular sites with objectively better alternatives that survive simply because it's the most popular and there has been no successful mass exodus.
eg. Apart from its popularity and historical significance, I don't think 4chan has anything going for it anymore

although 4chan is an exception since there have been at least two successful exodus attempts. You're in one.

I tell faggots like you to kill yourself everyday and nothing would get done if you don't try.

Tavrn though does not.

The software should be secondary to the product

top kekkkkkk 😁😁😁😁😎🤔😎🤔😎🤔😎🤔😎🤔👊👊👊👊

disagreement has memes?

The best thing about Zuckerberg is the memes write themselves.

Attached: mark zuckerbeg fellow humans.png (360x360 1.49 MB, 2.37M)

Nope. The only way to get normies onto "FLOSS" social platforms is to repudiate the very things that make non-normies interested in them in the first place.

What do I mean? Take diaspora for example. Neat concept. Anyone can host a pod. Concerned about privacy? Host your own! FAIL! The normie is confused and angered by these terms. Pod? As in pod people? Host? Like in the Bible? He'll stick with Facebook, tyvm! Oh, you don't have to "host" your own, whatever that means? Oh, there are plenty of different diaspora "pods" out there that I can sign up for? FAIL! The normie is terrified and confused by choice. How does he choose!? He doesn't want to get a bad one that will steal his bank info!!!!

Normies want one website (or phone app) that "everybody" knows and that everybody else is using. In order to position a "FLOSS" social platform as the successor to, say, Facebook, or Twitter, you're going to have to get the normies on board, and that means one website (or app) where "everybody" is. That means millions of dollars in hosting costs. That means you either sell advertising like it's going out of style, or you get venture capital. That means you may be using open source software, but you've just become what you hated. Try competing with Facebook or venture-backed startups without datamining the fuck out of your users or useds, as Stallman says. Memes aren't going to push normies onto diaspora et al., and no matter how horrifying the Zucc is, normies are going to keep zuccing his flensed pecker if it means they get to be on Facebook where "everybody" is.

To get normies off proprietary social media platforms in large numbers, you're either going to have to:
1. Destroy proprietary social media, OR
2. Kill billions of normies.

Either is fine by me.

Yet he somehow managed to acquire an e-mail account.
sage

why_not_both.jpg

He didn't choose, he has gmail because that is what his phone told him to use.

It's also what 'everyone' uses and is shilled by everyone as the supreme product and is gratis. There was never an option.

So why can't "everyone" use a single Diaspora instance or whatever? People with a brain will find a decent host for themselves (or run one themselves), while still being able to communicate with all the retards on gdiaspora.cuck or whatever.

There is no "try", because replacing FB is impossible. See . There's many reasons why we reject alternatives, because we know they'll die.

Because you first need to get most people to use it to get others to use it? This takes a lot of money and the current monopolist fucking up hard to achieve.

See and 926683
is not a downvote.

I like the cut of your jib.

This scenario was already addressed in , fool. Learn to read.
These are in short supply. Protip: You're not one of them.

Facebook is literally that right now.

No because you'll end up catering to the paranoid and spiritually enlightened crowd moreso than you'd be catering to normalfags.

We need to start the era of "One Click Installs" similar to BitTorrent and TOR/I2P.
Otherwise, GAS THE NORMALFAGS AND NUKE ALL SOCIAL MEDIA.

Any proposals other than >>>/ipfs/9 or >>>/pdfs/ ?

Flood social media with bad data, it's the only way to defeat an overpowering enemy that wants to see and eat everything. Let them die of gluttony and go mad from unreality.

Surf the Kali Yuga.

Attached: 54dbc7f3c6d1fdc41657d372bc89dd3dc27356879e5edcdf06e6007ab79ee1d2.jpg (1228x1228, 215.23K)