I need to learn CS math to get a nice job, but I fucking find math so boring and shit

I need to learn CS math to get a nice job, but I fucking find math so boring and shit.

I think I should blame my HS professors, but math is just so dreadfull and boring.

wow, so exciting a fucking triangle, wow, SOCATOAH, wow, graphing a equation in a graph paper, wow, so exciting.

Almost as exciting as watching a paint dry.

BTW math is just easy for me, It simply happens to be very fucking boring.
It's like why do I should give a fuck about all these shit?

halp pls.

Attached: 1529028940900.jpg (785x757, 66.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_rule
startpage.com/do/asearch?query=deviantart femboy
searx.me/?q=deviantart femboy
wired.com/2007/06/computer_scienc/
math.ucsd.edu/_files/undergraduate/undergraduate-resources/advising-presentations/Majors-Mathematics-ComputerScience-20170501.pdf
quora.com/Why-is-calculus-necessary-in-computer-science-degree-programs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why didn't you just test out of such low level classes? Basic trig and linear algebra should have been taught back in HS.

public education is dog shit.

just move to USA, learn some basic Java and then enjoy your $120k/year Java developer job (no math required)

There is no math in computer science. You will barely have to multiply anything. At most you will use a some trig if you do graphics work.

And that's why you can't take any CS grad seriously.

but I am computer scientist

That's interesting. Are you from the US? Where I live public education is superior to private schools.

south america and my country is literally peru tier in PISA scores.

Study more advanced mathematics then. You'll soon find it stops becoming easy, and when it does, move on to something unsolved. Math is a constant struggle, and anyone who says "math is easy", I can write off as never advanced past basic calculus.

Public education is no reason for you to fail at basic math.
Trig and Calc are basic math.

It's all easy once you learn to use machines to solve your complex problems.

All I can say is I hope your a 14yo shitposting from his mom's basement. The idea that I might have to rub shoulders with you in the workplace someday sends chills down my spine.

If you want to be doing CS, then that would be a subjectively "fun" implementation of math for you, right? Like, how in the fuck can someone be interested in number crunching machines, yet not like math?
Sure it is, frogposter (teenager).

Attached: math.jpg (1000x563, 114.02K)

OP, from reading your post it seems that you're 13. From personal experience this phase will pass. So, hang in there, and do your best!

Ugh, MATH! XD.

You are a retard larper if you think day to day programming has anything to do with math.

Attached: DV5KJz6U0AAHgRh.jpg (599x823, 47.96K)

Software engineer here. I never fucking use math.

Even if you end up doing only actually muh " computer science" as in studying computational theory you will never do anything like the math you learn in highschool. Its all type system notation and logic.

okie doke street shitter

Yep. Welcome to the real world.

Standard mathematics that everyone learns is also not computer science, nor will you ever use it.

clownpiece.jpg

faggot can you read this standard notation in every PL paper?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_rule
I can, now fuck off.

what have you developed? oh, nothing, that's why you're posting on 8ch. gotcha clownpiece.

believe it or not kid the average age here is not 14

Attached: DXkpL4dU0AEET_1.jpg (690x920, 86.23K)

Holy shit, Mister Stallman is that really you?

Attached: 7b043cb32c65a39cfae158c78ad8ac102aefabe67d064b9ad9e22af2b3b261b1.jpg (600x452, 92.56K)

good argument. you definitely have done something significant in your life.

oy vey someone was able to point out your retardation, anyone that could do that must be a total loser

Attached: DXXXjnFX4AE_1XM.jpg (1200x941, 119.07K)

lol go home kid

Attached: DXvZXsdUQAA6Nj6.jpg (640x632, 98.16K)

did they teach you to make that image macro in your real-world CS devops bootcamp? I'm very impressed. mongoloid.

I fucking love science XD

Attached: 41f3132f9e4118712633490965a166bd0d7e9e51c5e03b591844f489852b45b8.jpg (469x552, 40.01K)

lol have fun getting replaced :^)

Attached: DfdpX8RWsAEZq8f.jpg (1200x1191, 163.81K)

never change cuteposter

Attached: DYwDO_XX4AEn5ob.jpg (537x400, 32.95K)

B-But if I never change my clothes, that would be lewd

by whom?

Listen.

Ok?

I know you're here to get me to fap to shota again.
And it's not going to happen.

I know your approachable demeanour.
Your agreeable, antithesis

You're an instigator, cuteposter.
You know it. I know it.

And I know what you're doing. But it's not going to work.

Tell your masters that it's not
going
to work.
Aight?

A-As in, making cummies?

Attached: 94600df94682556f78301314eff2d802541cfb7449efc17bbed640e80cc90c9f.png (600x600, 456.07K)

You didn't say the code-word.
So you're not a 4D rapist.
Unless you're doing the double bluff. But life is too short.

Life is too fucking short, cuteposter.
Not wonder posting catboys is du jour.
No wonder you're happy.

How can anyone think catboys are after them.

Hold your dick in one hand and a gun in the other.

Vainglory never drilled so deep, cuteposter?

Isn't this what you wanted? Isn't this why you wanted to be identified?
To be talked about?

don't fall for the math meme. Learn some real skills and commercial programming languages, frameworks, tools, and you'll find wonderful jobs with great pay.

Umm, you're scaring me, mister

Attached: 4818173fb4d8b5b35d281c23d6eb953a.jpg (236x301, 9.97K)

Do you think you're not scaring others?

Don't you understand why anonymity is sacred?

And fuck the mod for banning cuteposter for tripping.
Like I needed another layer to my schizophrenia.

T-There's no reason you can't post cute catboys while still being anonymous ^-^!

Attached: serveimage (1).jpg (875x657, 81.1K)

You're lazy and you divert blame from yourself to others.

For a change of scenery, try not being an enormous pussy.

As soon as I type "schizophrenic" on 8ch this is what shows up in Youtube recommended, with no cookies enabled, and on a different browser.

Yeah, so innocent.

Attached: predictable.png (616x258, 48.13K)

Let's be rational here; I''ve lost my mind. There's no reason to drag my room mate through the mud.

(intentionally unchecked psyop trips of poison)

No, I'm saying that you typed "shizophrenic" in this thread, then this information was associated with your IP and sent to Skynet/CIANiggers/ZOG/Whatever, then Youtube advertised to you (your IP) accordingly. A-And judging by your state of mind, I have a feeling you've been sending all kinds of mental illness related TCP/IP packets for quite some time before entering this thread..

Attached: serveimage (2).jpg (400x400, 29.39K)

How to kill cuteposter:
Use the fucker's name to post dA fetish artists
startpage.com/do/asearch?query=deviantart femboy
searx.me/?q=deviantart femboy

That seems like a way to create more cuteposters.

botnet browser?

I normally browse on elinks, pic related was palemoon. so of course fireforx is botnet. It's my own fault.

>>>/prog/3034

What? A CS degree contains a ton of math.

lmao son you are either underage or you went to a shitty college.

Not OP, but local CS curriculum has up to multivariable calculus (no complex analysis tho). Then there's statistics and probability, geometry, algebra 1 and 2, linear algebra, and a couple more math subjects.

The degree usually has you taking math classes, the classes are both unrelated to actual development, and actual CS.

Actual CS is math. Computer programming is not the purpose of CS.

Not the math you learn in those classes. As a CS grad student the math is a very different style.

Is that what they tell you now when you ask why your $200k university course left you unable to write "Hello, World"? It wasn't like that in the '90s. A CS postgrad used to be a safe hire.

I have met a lot of graduate students and they have always always always been better at programming than 95% of undergrads. Confirmed across several universities.

SHOCKING
STOP THE PRESS
NEWS AT 9

You must have gone to some cracker jack university, because a CS degree is mostly math and math logic, with some programming and language theory. It's all a specialized form of discrete mathematics, e.g. computability thoery, algorithms, etc. The Newtonian calculus that high school math builds up to (with algebra and trig) is also relevant because you typical have to take a few basic electrical engineering classes, culminating in the building of an analog computer. You then jump over to digital logic and architectures class, and build a CPU from the ground up. Top it all off with a course where you implement a basic operating system. That's a proper computer science curriculum. It's not some ITT Tech programming camp.

No I had a very standard experience
Yeah that is what is in standard undergrad degree programs
Yep more non CS shit in undergrad CS degrees
Almost nothing to do standard algebra, calculus, geometry, etc.
No thats the bog standard CS curriculum where they spend time doing EE and math instead of computability theory, type theory, complexity analysis, theorem proving, abstract algebra, with a mix of actual engineering skills.

Its totally fucked how much time is wasted in undergrad with things almost totally unrelated to both actually computer science, and actual developer work. They waste half the fucking time on unrelated filler work like calculus when you could be learning about properties of gossip algorithms and learning type notation.

Attached: DX8IUtSVoAAd_7n.jpg (500x301, 13.8K)

All abstractions leak, which is why understanding the constituent technologies is a must. Should computer science be limited only to digital logic; is an analog computer not a computer and not fare for a "computer science" degree? You need calculus for that. You need electrical engineering to understand what a flip flop is. Even with all that breadth, there is still significant upper division coursework in the areas you mentioned, and further study for those pursuing an emphasis on those areas should get a master's degree.

How about you let the physics faggots get their physics degrees, the EE faggots get their EE degrees, and the CS people can study computational properties like the name of the fucking degree.

It's "computer science" not "computational math".

Linear algebra definitely is used a lot, but a fail to see anything about abstract algebra is necessary for CS besides maybe cryptography. Definitely not at an undergraduate level. Could you elaborate?
Also, you don't think learning the about computer architecture and how a CPU works is in anyway relevant to a CS degree? It's definitely getting closer towards the EE side, but still.

Sure. Abstract algebra is also called "modern algebra". It is lingo used when talking about different structures. Group theory / category theory / and related things provide very convenient ways of describing computational properties.
Basic trig and linear algebra are def useful compared to the rest of the standard math people learn.
I listed building up a CPU from logic gates as one of the things that SHOULD be in CS. Knowing what a capacitor does though actually has very little to do with the logic of the CPU. You don't need to understand how electricity flows through a npm transistor to understand the logical composition of not and or gates.

user you should know that there is no science in computer science no matter the interpretation lol.

Find something math intensive to do:
* Write a physics simulation using 4th Order Runge-Kutta. (There is nothing but algebra here, in most presentations, but think about the calculus behind it)
* Compute the least-square best-fit polynomial for a given degree to a set of arbitrary points. (Linear algebra)

There's math everywhere. It's all computers really do well. Just find a fun problem and run with it.

user, this is a discussion for college graduates.
>>>/g/

I've heard haskell people talking about category theory, but I've never seen group theory, or anything related such as rings, modules, etc. At best, I saw it in a discrete mathematics class when discussing modulos, but it was only brought up since we were briefly touching on cryptography and was never framed from an "abstract algebra" perspective (probably because the course didn't require you to have abstract algebra).
I'd also imagine differential equations being useful when dealing with robotics. Not so much in terms of how electricity flows, but when programming robots to handle inputs and signals.
Category theory imo would require them to be exposed to abstract algebra first, and I'm not sure which undergraduate courses would require a good understanding of groups, rings, categories, etc.
I should mention I wasn't a CS major, but a math major, so I never took that high undergraduate CS courses.

I think group theory is used in reducing the search space of some problems by eliminating symmetry.

CS teaches you about formal languages, interpreters, and compilers. They won't give you a glorified java course; they'll gloss over a language at most. You're supposed to learn particular ones yourself. If you're too pajeet to learn C/java/rust on the side, then that's your problem.

they don't but only because CS undergrad has almost nothing to do with CS

ANOTHER SHIT PEPE THREAD

Yes it is.
wired.com/2007/06/computer_scienc/

It seems like a "Mathematics-Computer Science" degree is what you're thinking of. Standard computer science is just as much about implementation as it is about theory.
math.ucsd.edu/_files/undergraduate/undergraduate-resources/advising-presentations/Majors-Mathematics-ComputerScience-20170501.pdf

Implementation is fine. Whats not fine is calculus, and all the other shit they push in. A CS degree should be about computational mathematics, and life as a developer. Half of a standard undegrad CS experience is neither of those.

It's an interview with Peter Denning.
Honestly can't tell if you're joking.

I dont' know about the other shit, but whatever CS job you'll do has a good chance of using calculus since it's everywhere.
Also, from the few CS classes I did take, I do remember the entirety of machine learning being "gradient descent", so that's one thing it's useful for.
Just googling it: quora.com/Why-is-calculus-necessary-in-computer-science-degree-programs
Should mention I'm not sure I agree with the person who says "calculus is a pre-req for linear algebra". There's certainly used together like inner products and integrals, but it doesn't seem that necessary for core concepts.

You must of never had a CS job because almost no developers will ever use calculus for anything they do.

tl;dr - Computation and information processing are naturally occurring phenomenon; even biological systems can be described in those terms.

Computer Science is a "science" even under that definition. And yes, the place is run by kikes. Skip the articles and to the "Talk" pages to see the edit wars and how the (((admins))) dominate the flow of information.

Attached: Jewish Takeover of Wikipedia Online Information to Implement Disinformation-hMBramnCg_s.webm (320x240, 2.84M)

Yes u see the joke

Ftfy

Accelerated math kids should be taught it this 1-3 year's sooner

You again a child have no idea what machine learning means. Heres what its like in real life. You open up a python script and import tensor flow and then again its bullshit with no math. The fact that it does some linear algebra in the background is almost transparent. This is the state of modern ML for 99% of cases. There are the super ultra phds that implemented tensor flow but they are a very very small subset of developers.

Computer science is not a natural science. The knowledge of computer science is not obtained by studying physical reality and performing falsifiable scientific experiments. The knowledge of computer science is obtained by as a discipline of mathematical logic, it is not obtained through the scientific method.

Wikipedia is a tertiary source of information. It is supposed to be your starting point that points you towards secondary and primary sources of information. Wikipedia was never intended to be a source of information but as a signpost that points towards a source of information.

The claim "compiles in linear time" is falsified by input which is observed to run in non-linear time.
"Cellular mechanisms are natural computational means to read DNA and construct new living cells."

The signposts are controlled by kikes.

It's funny how their is this disconnect here between Computer Science and Programming, and these people who (((listen and))) believe the they are one and the same.

< We call this programming. It uses no math.
< We call this computer science, and it involves a metric shit ton of math.

If all you are going to do with a Computer Science degree is be a Programmer, then you don't need a lot of math. You'll be a shitty Programmer, to be sure. That's why Josh failed with Next: he couldn't do the math about why what he was doing wouldn't work.

I have a masters from the UC system I got in the '90s. I can assure you that they taught us how to program, and we were required to write complex programs to graduate. I'm well aware of how heavily Jewed you are taking CS today compared to 25 years ago. It's like what they did to art, but it's hard to see that from the inside as it's an echo chamber. Programmers who can't write code, artists who can't draw, but I'm sure you all have gained some deep insights into the fundamentals that separate you from the plebs.

Attached: 196b7543b3a28e95fcaa8a78d51b434c--velvet-color.jpg (736x736, 50.41K)

Computer science also has very little of the standard math they shill on you in undergrad. Again CS undergrad degrees fill up half their time with content that is about neither development, or CS. As a CS grad student you won't be doing calculus, you will be reading PL papers with type notation. You won't be doing HS and intro college algebra, you will be doing (what is actually simpler) modern / abstract algebra. You won't be doing much linear algebra, you will be doing complexity analysis. Again the math for general graduate level CS is not the same as the shit they push is undegrad.