In huge privacy win, US Supreme Court rules warrant needed to collect location data

theregister.co.uk/2018/06/22/supreme_court_carpenter_location/

Attached: privacy_shutterstock.jpg (442x293, 20.99K)

lol

I don't like the generalized use of the word "folk" like this that spawned from reddit and leftist sites.

You forgot to point out a prominent bit.

Means they can make up stories about bomb threats or muh child kidnappers to search without a warrant.

The Register uses informal language all the time. I am not sure if I would call it left wing but it definitely participates in a sort of muckraking in the tech industry. I don't like that word thrown around too much either.

There are watchdog organizations that will complain if that happens.

lol

It's something, but I wouldn't count on it.

Police states will continue to be police states.

The more I think about it, how often does this apply to your average person? Usually a mobile app is going to ask you for permission to use location data, and I imagine that's still legal. People are still going to be using GPS, and 'augmented reality' crap.

How many "bomb threats" have been a simple joke that was taken too far by extreme faggotry?
It's very likely this exception will be abused and the complaints aren't going to be deterrent enough.

didnt we just have this thread last year? i cant keep track of all these internet law news nor care

And how are they going to know if people are being tracked without consent?
Are they going to be on the control room checking everything that goes on?

I would be surprised if the government doesn't have some shadow advertising agency that exists solely to buy their surveillance data from Google on the open market.

How about, and this is a crazy idea, if you don't want Google to have your personal information you... and this is the crazy part, don't give it to them.

Choose one and only one.

The US Supreme Court is completely unable to make authoritative judgments on what is and is not constitutional, and is relegated to making case-specific decisions: exactly what they were not designed to do. The entire judicial branch should be replaced by A.I., tasked with a purely interpretative job of discerning what is and is not lawful by ontological, rule-based pattern matching each case to its relevant laws, and making a factual decision about its legality. Because so many corrupt legal precedents introduce contradicting rules, we'll have to do a full baseline reset to the Constitution and add laws to the ruleset if and only if they do not contradict immutable Constitutional axioms.

There are actually blockchain-based projects being developed right now that could be used as the backbone for such an application but I can't be bothered to look them up right now.

You are fucking retarded. The constitution's resistance to change is precisely why it's such a beautiful and timeless document.

Companies can still just give it regardless of a warrant being involved or not.

You're implying that you somehow have a choice in the matter. Google isn't kindly ASKING to take your data. They are taking it. They are taking it whether you like it or not, whether you know it or not, whether they asked for it or not. The simple fact that you are on the internet in ANY capacity at all means Google owns you.

Lol total bullshit. The only information Google has on you is whatever your browser gives them. They put this little link in a page for analytics and other things and your browser just up and sends them what it asks. If you dont want that to happen then black list the Google domains. There is no magical force here. I run an AdBlock and none of that shit gets called.

Oh sweet summer child.

Guess you can't read. I'm suggesting a return to the constitution and removal of case law which contradicts it. Even the founding fathers knew that the judicial branch was faulty, Jefferson even predicted that a biased judiciary would erode the constitutionally-protected liberties over time. It needs to be fixed, and we are on the brink of technology to enable that.
How's that resistance to change working out so far? As Jefferson said, "it's just a piece of paper" and even suggested that it be rewritten every 20 years. They also failed to add a clause outlawing intergenerational debt. You should read about all the imperfect compromises that were made to unite the nation, it would shake you from your lore worship.

Okay faggot where are they getting the data then?

They watch you through the windows with binoculars while you sleep.

Also cable companies log every connection that your computer makes and gives it to the government and third parties wholesale.

The internet at the level of a standard ISP is totally different than how peering works with the back bone providers. When you go to a datacenter you don't send your internet traffic over at&t you do it over 3 separate very high bandwidth backbone providers. The things that ISPs do are NOT the same things that happen at data center peering points.

i think u is replyin to da wrong post

nope, the implication is that a VPN comes out at just another standard ISP so all the recording is happening just from another location, but its not actually the case.

Do you think all VPN's are equal?

VPNs are Tor for dumb niggers.

It only applies if you are not their suspect.
Put xyz on list of suspects
collect data on xyz
no warrant needed

thats not how it works

It's still weak to being completely ignored.

Like how it says that christian bakers have to make cakes for gay weddings.

Not anymore.

Attached: 8chan_advice.webm (1280x720, 7.31M)

Good.

>>>/oven/

I think he's referring to white liberals who use the word folk to sounds black. They think it makes them sound black and therefore cool.

Why is the highlighter green but the ink yellow.

Is "folk" slang now? That is more a rural/southern thing than a black thing unless the urban youth (tiny niggers) have started using it recently. I've noticed more pretend country people in the last few years. At some point it became cool to get a lifted truck, buy camo, and pretend to be country even though they live in the city and well off areas. I'd noticed a lot of black teenagers mixed in with these groups and I just assumed they were copying the latest trend the white kids came up with.

Forgive me, I'm old. I don't understand why it suddenly became popular to pretend you are poor.

The use of the word "folk" is part of faggy white liberals trying to sound black (poor by proxy) I guess. I don't know or care, it's all pretty stupid to me. The effort to be "poor" while standards of living are higher than ever is laughable. Fucking stupid.

Also there is a movement towards white working class culture growing in popularity. I think it's a good thing, but it definitely creates some posers. If only these kids knew what it's like to actually have to scrape by for a living. They'll figure out soon enough.

Knock off a couple radio shacks, get 116 years.
Murder someone, get 10 years.
Steal billions from Enron investors get 5 years.
Steal trillions orchestrating housing collapse, pay a small fine.

God I love this country.

Yea I agree it's better than the nigger/thug culture for sure. I'd rather see black kids pretending to be farm boys than white kids pretending to be from the hood. I was just surprised that they've latched on to the word "folk". I stopped using social media years ago and I no longer keep up with the retarded shit normalfags do anymore. "Folk" just seemed like the last word that would ever become slang considering how common it's used where I'm from. I don't know how they are using it but here people say things like
All of the time. I assume the niggers butchered it and the posers even more so.