Venture capitalists know nothing of the tech industry

This is the modern tech industry. Accrue as much money and job experience as you can and retire as early as possible. Then you can be that 30 year old boomer who gets to occasionally program at his job a few times a week. Unless you really love the art of programming, hell even if you do you'll still get tired of making these bullshit projects, you will be burnt out. DO NOT JOIN A STARTUP. DO NOT JOIN THE BIG FOUR(AMAZON, GOOGLE, FACEBOOK, MICROSOFT). They will spit you up and chew you out. Do not emigrate to silicon valley. Get a local dev job. They are the best.

Attached: classic-mac-os-tile-wallpapers-4.png (128x128, 9.87K)

this.
lol even 8 years ago lots of local jobs here were hipster startup bullshit

They've evened out alot now. Its more like an office job.

Not bad advice. I'll add

What a faggot. People who have to travel every where are pure cancer. They're people who lack roots and culture so they turn every where else into a tourist trap. Local people seeing local area is good but fuck anything beyond that. Those types of people are cunts.

There will always be people with a get quick rich scam. This is just the modern version because of what OP described. The people in charge of the cash have no idea what they're doing so every 2 bit promise is invested on so no one misses the boat on the next big thing. With sites like Fark > Digg > Reddit happening where one disappears and another becomes huge over night randomly everythings worth betting on until you run out of imaginary money from the stock market.

I'll add

That company CEO you described must be a scammer. This is typical of shitcoin scams with talentless, easily fooled, or even non-existent employees.

Where buy?

Attached: e0stFTO.png (800x800, 83.75K)

Attached: culture.jpg (680x383, 27.66K)

Brilliant idea.

Attached: f-theranos-a-20180316-870x580.jpg (870x580, 32.88K)

Fuck off faggot I am quoting hard working men that sacrificed everything for family. People that did travel a great deal solely for work. They all say the same things.
The only people that "travel" in the faggot sense are trust fund fags

No, he's right, user. I don't know the fuck why, but normalfags always travel a lot. Funnily, they never travel to other European countries, only brown/yellow countries probably to increase their cosmopolitan power level.
You have to see the face of a coworker when they ask where you go during your vacations, and you tell them that you won't go anywhere.

Don't forget IoT, or is that meme falling out?

Yeah, their process is
Find any boomer, and they'll tell you the year they "Did Europe".

This is honestly one of the best things you can possibly do. I make serious passive income just renting out property I own, and at any time I can convert them into actual money if I need or want to. I can also trade for other property. The only real downside is the extremely high up front investment. The only way you can do this is after you've already made lots of money or if your family has assets to begin with.

Obviously don't get into debt. Either buy the whole thing upfront or don't buy it.

It depends on the purpose of your travel.
Deep down normalfags are simply fleeing themselves and the lives they’ve created. Or worse, they’re telling themselves that they’re after self-discovery, exploration or perspective when really they are running towards distraction and self-indulgence.
Seneca:

Attached: 1972_pcc_v1_n1-000001.png (1736x2677, 3.86M)

IoT has gone the way of the 3D printer. Buttcoin and derp learning are the hot meme. Drones, though staying steady, are likely next to fall out.

Attached: meme market.jpg (1000x699, 149.46K)

Am I EVER going to be able to download 40k minis off the deeptubes onto my table?

Or use the banks to your advantage by sacrificing a bit of profit for very little risk. It is too bad those sweet sweet subprime lending rates are harder to come by though.

What happenend to 3D printers?

Why don't you make OP even longer you faggot?

3D printable firearms scared the bootlicking faggots that love being slaves.

I am glad the wearable tech meme has nearly died. Even though "smart watches" are still around, the really shitty products like Google Glass are well and truly dead. Remember 3D TV? Another crappy product that was hyped beyond belief, yet demanded by no one.

Unironically great thread, thank you OP

Well IoT is basically botnet nor normalfags, which is futuristic.
3D printer became a new hobbyist community for fun, so meh.
Cryptocurrency can still be used for crime, so it still stands, smart contracts are fucked.
Deep Learning is already used by Googs and Fagbook, so >>>/machinecult/

I just want money. I have a job at a big company and I do literally nothing. Show up for work once a week and pretend I'm doing shit. How long can this last for?

>KYS until you spawn as a richfag (repeat as necessary)

>>>Zig Forums
this shit isn't even relevant to Zig Forums. it doesn't even make any sense. it's like saying you are getting scammed for having hobbies instead of spending all your time working / spending the money you earned at some shitty restaurant

okay
That doesn't mean that another open source plumber could charge people for his work.

Are you that polish communist kid who can't read? Your greentext is completely wrong.

You can't realistically charge for open source software unless you set the price equal to the total amount of units you expect to sell (difficult to estimate), forcing your customers to enter into weird cooperative purchases.

Clarification, make that FOSS software.

>>>Zig Forums
We need a NatSoc software license based on GPL

You can charge for your development though just as what a plumber would do for his service or a mechanic for his.

Set the expected unit quantity to 1 and charge the amount it costs to develop that 1.

Please guys, gather your friends and buy my $100,000 video game!

That is exactly the logical outcome. If it costs $100000, then the price to pay should be $100000. I have a protip: it's perfectly all right to reuse free software as part of your own software. If there are libraries that already serve some of the needed functions, you can greatly reduce the cost of development.

That's how crowd funding works. And it works perfectly fine for video games.

The dominant revenue model for open source, Red Hat for instance, is selling support for a "free" "product". You know, the old IBM business model from the 1960s.

Open source literally has a built-in incentive to make everything as opaque and user-hostile as possible.

lol

That's absolutely asinine, and it doesn't WORK for most software products, because otherwise it would be the most common model. It results in a high risk of no one playing your game at all, and missing out on millions in revenue if your game becomes the next best thing (which you cannot always anticipate). Why shouldn't you be rewarded for creating something a vast number of people clearly want?

Try applying your commie logic to other areas in life, and see how ridiculous it actually is.

Horrible concept. When a customer is willing to part with their money for a product, you want to make that transaction occur as quickly as possible. Telling them to leave and join a cooperative is laughably stupid, and you will never see that person again.

Too many people here are getting economics lessons from Richard Stallman's blog page. In reality, if you're selling software to home users, your customer is going to be a normie that does not care about freedom, they want it to work, and want you to fix it if it doesn't.

If you're selling to high-end software to a very small number of engineering firms, you charge a premium to recoup your development costs, and you keep the source close to yourself, lest some enterprising Jew decide to run your out of the market. For instance, there would be no incentive for a company like WindRiver to release a FOSS VxWorks.

There have been dozens and dozens of successfully crowdfunded video games. And then there are early-access projects which fund their development by selling access to test builds. You can dislike the concept as much as you want, but it is being used and it works.

And how many of these crowdfunded games are GPL?

Just like star citizen right?

Why don't game companies go the OMW route? You can still profit by selling the built game with the assets, while having the game source code free (assets aren't required to be free/libre).

Do you want to program for free? No one is stopping you.

You still need to program the game code, and the assets can pay for the engine. It's win/win.

You got it backwards. The programmers can get paid for their hard work and the artists can not get paid for their hard work. That's a win-win.

It's the same concept that all of humanity has used ever since the birth of money. People don't care about freedom because because people are trained to think like this. This trained behavior comes from the owners of proprietary software. This way works for everything else in business. It is your own prejudices that stop yourself from accepting it.

If you're selling high end software, then sell it for the full price. When you've made your sale, you've already made your profit. At that point, you start your work finding a new customer to write their new $100000 project.

Did you know that the patron model of financing works of art has existed for millennia? This "crowdfunding" is a modern continuation of an ancient practice.

Yeah, Patrons produced work for private citizens, like Medici bankers, it wasn't owned for the people. In any case, the question was concerning crowdsourced GPL games, know of any?

Me, and pretty much everyone else who enjoys making money from the software they create. Best of luck to you on your GPL route. Let Zig Forums know when you make something great, I'll help distribute it freely for you.

I'm on crack, that should be:
Patrons commissioned work for themselves, for their private benefit. The artist received credit and got to enjoy practising their craft. The artist also did non receive any distribution rights, that went to the Patron. I'm not sure why you think your analogy applies here.

This type of economy still exists today. When someone pays a company to build a house, they benefit from the house for themselves. It happens everywhere, not just in art. We call it "contract labor".

I don't dispute that. We're talking about FOSS software here though. Specifically that which is imbued with a GPL type right to redistribute. It'd be odd if the builder got to choose how long you lived in the home.

Usually with contract labor, the end product is relinquished to the holder of the contract. Why would someone write out and pay for a contract that limited their use of a product?

I know right, but if you talk to the GPLtards (and I do like GPL, to a limited extent), they believe all the person purchasing the labour should relinquish the rights of redistribution. To be clear, their own "use" isn't limited (their rights to decide how it is used by others is).

If someone contracts work on a product, the person buying the contract receives all rights to the product. Do you agree with this?

They ought to, and they ought to control the redistribution rights. Would you not agree with that?

I have no problem selling GPL software. My secret is to sell the software for the cost of producing the software and then add a profit margin on top. My starting price for any of my titles start at $30000.

My god, you're fucking retarded. If you sell a game at retail price that somewhat satisfies (cost of dev) = (expected sales) x (retail price), then both the artists and the devs get paid.

(of course, you add profit there too)

Could you even maintain a straight face as you type that?

Of course I can. It's called selling your time as a programmer. I sell GPL software because I sell my time as a programmer.

Bingo. Muh travel and muh global cattl- I mean citizen people are cancer.
Its no wonder why young people are getting tattoos and piercings. Its because they lack an identity and are trying to feign one.

That doesn't change the fact that most of crowdfunded videogames get abandoned halfway through or """released""" with less than a third of the promised features.