Can you guys help me choosing my future field? Which field is better in the long term? computer science or health...

Can you guys help me choosing my future field? Which field is better in the long term? computer science or health?and why should I choose cs?

Attached: 24.png (800x600, 156.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medicalschoolsuccess.com/med-school-hell/
z505.com/cgi-bin/qkcont/qkcont.cgi?p=IBM And Linux Is A Scam
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Health will become a big deal once the average mart-sharter finally realizes that they've been destroying their body by drinking coke and eating literal garbage. Computer science is literal wageslavery

Why not fuse the two, double major in Computer Science or perhaps Electrical Engineering, and Biology. Sage for an absolutely shit thread.

Oh you mean, like a job? Stupid commie.

Health, it's fun, you most likely dole out wrong advice as "best practice" for your entire career and get paid because everyone else does it too so it's okay. In compsci your errors are spotted almost instantly so not so fun as long as you are codemonkey tier. On higher rungs you can fuck up all the time since it ceases to be exact science and more about dealing with humans so you can and should blame them, but not limitlessly as in health.

Which one first?

No, we can't, you won't find life advice in a shitty forum for socially challenged people.
If it was me, I'd try going the medicine route; I'm getting sick of this shit. I ate the CS meme and now I'm coming to regret it.
In real terms it won't change anything, a programming job you can get with a philosophy degree (!) (this is a true story).
If you have so disjoint tastes something tells me you're letting yourself be carried by the "computers guy" meme. Don't let it happen.

Whatever makes you happy. Don't pick a field for the money don't pick arts either unless you're really serious about it though, pick it because it's what you really want to do with the 80 (less if you're American) years you will have to spend on this planet

kek

You're gonna go far kid

Sad projection. Perhaps, not everyone is as dumb and hopeless as you, kid.

Poor rebuttal. Perhaps you didn't realize that the implication of that post was derived from a popular meme promulgated on image boards that being a NEET was a universal, inherent prerequisite of "chans", prepubescent human.

We don't need you here mindlessly "parroting memes" so you can pretend to fit in. You ought to apply a bit thinking every now and then.

Go to medical school. Keep CS as your hobby.

You need an undergraduate degree before you can go to medschool. He could do Comsci (with some biology options) and then medschool after.

kys

please leave and never come back

I'm a programmer who went to med school. Answer to your questions depend on what country you're in and how much of a code monkey you are.

Actually it's because nobody actually knows fucking anything for certain. Knowing something for certain means high quality expensive long term studies with no biases, which aren't always possible. So when gaps in knowledge are encountered people just rely on the lowest quality evidence available: educated guesses made by experts.

Oh and don't forget to read this:

medicalschoolsuccess.com/med-school-hell/

True, yet doesn't negate what I said about health profession. Medical field is especially fucked when it comes to chronic diseases, so I have certain personal hatred towards entire field for that reason. Story time.

Not long ago I went to see doc to get my blood work done to make sure I wasn't suffering from prediabetic condition anymore, having lost 15 kg of weight. Yes, it was all normal again, fasting blood sugars on upper limit of normal but normal anyways. Yay!

I asked doctor for further advice on weight loss, saying my target weight was still good ten kilos away. Doctor said to eat 4-6 small meals a day, fewer calories, low fat, increase exercise. I said I had lost weight before with exactly that advice, but weight came back rapidly the moment winter came, and when it came back was when I became prediabetic or perhaps even during following that advice. So she asked how did I lose weight this time. I said non calorie restricted high-fat low-carb diet 0-3 meals a day with some fasting periods thrown in and very little exercise.

She strongly advised against it, despite it reversing prediabetic condition (and chronic fatigue and depression) in just half a year and having excellent bloodwork, and recommended return to what was causing diabetes in the first place. When I asked how many had actually managed to keep weight off long-term with that advice (I hadn't), she could not answer. "Well user, it's just the best practice we recommend". Best practice literally causing diabetes that is unmaintainable! It's perfect profession for responsibility dodgers, all you need to do is parrot best practice. If and when things go bad, well tough luck pal, that was the best we could do heh.

computer science

Program the bots that will diagnose us

I was in a similar position to you, now I've maintained a healthy body weight for 3 years. In total I ended up losing about 60lbs. 40lbs more than my "goal" weight. You will end up losing more than you think you need, because the body image and self-perceived healthy weight of overweight people is higher than reality, and most doctors recommend a higher cholesterol number than the "heart-attack proof" level indicated in the literature. Same logic would carry over to healthy weights and healthy BMIs.

You are totally right about doctors performing best practice, because all intervention carries risk. Doctors and healthcare professionals in general would rather keep someone at a stable 85% efficiency rather than intervene and cause them to drop to 20% or an unstable 100%. Even if they know what's best for the patient, they won't recommend it or let you make the decision, because "the patient won't do to it" -- I've seen that written in medical literature -- so they make the decision for you. In the UK, where I live, it's horrible the way they look at statistics rather than patients. But doctors generally have little nutritional training.

To summarize my point succinctly: If you took a hypothetical 100% healthy person and fed them a high fat low carb diet, they would end up sicker than their ideal state. However, your present state is so perverted that a slight shift in doing ANYTHING can cause massive health gains. The weight loss is what's causing the improved (improved, not ideal) numbers. The diet itself would hurt someone in an ideal position. Ultimately that kind of diet will kill you, I used to do it, and so did my father, who died from diabetic complications (and number crunching by doctors).

I recommend Neal Barnard's books, but if you don't want to, that's fine. The roughage aspect of the diet he advocates takes care of the "feeling full", especially if you eat a pound of raw greens a day like me. At the very least check out his ideas about diabetes, which may give you a new perspective. You don't have to agree with it, but at least expose yourself to the idea and then decide.

I've spoken my piece and my personal success story. It's very difficult to get an understanding of diet in a world with conflicting information everywhere. Thanks for reading.

Lol, I have no degree and a well paying (for my age) CS job.

Just about the only thing everyone agrees is that sugar is bad, and even that took half a century. I see Neal advocates whole-produce vegan approach, it's familiar, my first attempt at losing weight was mostly Ornish/Campbell approach. That is known to work too. Most diets do, including calorie counting. Calorie counting and/or reduction diets are known to fail long-term, including raw vegans. So is Atkins, hard to maintain just like any diet. Hence, periods of fasting to gain increased insulin sensitivity as a main component. It's known to cure type 2 diabetes as a intervention. High-fat diet is transition diet, it's simply easier to enter and resume fasting with it. I'm not planning to keep this up forever, but I will retain occasional fasting and ending snacking and late night eating as only guidelines to the grave. I'm in it for permanent repair. Fatty liver is already gone.

I recommend Jason Fung for you in turn.

Right now if you and a few colleagues each handed me 20K and a year of 30-hour weeks to learn programming, I'd run you through a bootcamp whereby you'd read a couple chapters and run through the exercises in it together. At some point you'd get the ropes writing small scripts in a language.

At that point I'd start you on some trivial projects on a daily basis, providing clear requirements and requiring you to privately record and review time estimates.

After a week or two of daily projects, class would be broken up into an even split of theory and work. Projects would grow in scope and have one week deadlines. If finished early, spare time would be used for independent study and potentially lectures by request. As theory was doled out, it would be fair game to require in future projects.

The last leg of the course would be larger projects(the number and scale of which decided by the time left in the year). At this point teams could form. The requirements would be negotiated per team along with the hourly estimates. When negotiations were over, the clock would start. From that point on class time would be provided in one-hour blocks of consultation on a first-come, first-serve basis.

The last week of the semester would be focused on writing resumes and practicing job interviews. Students by that point would have portfolios of one or more projects.

What did my college provide when I paid for a bachelors in CS?
- Three humanities classes to explain that white people are the devil.
- A handful of math classes aggressive enough to fail around half the students attending, but with material only tangentially related to computer science.
- Core CS courses covered theory sparingly, and without much rigor. The worst classes gave watered-down lectures with trivial exams. The best courses interwove theory and excercises/practices on that theory before exams.
- Elective CS classes taught with even less rigor(in order to be "fun").

I've graduated, done a painful job hunt, and landed an entry level position that trades 40 hour workweeks(and occasional unpaid overtime) for 65k a year.

CS. You may have to make stuff for normalniggers (you can choose a field without that, though), but in the medical fields, you'll be forced to help the subhumans replacing you (for free in Yurop).

Fuck CS
Gain mental health

Same with anything. If you are smart enough read the fundamentals otherwise hope you aren't making the wrong guess.

It's the healthiest diet there is.

Seems like I hit a nerve

Are you morbidly obese? What happened to you is extremely common. I've seen it happen a lot of time. Lots of people who lose weight through diet will regain that weight in the future. It's why diet alone is not recommended as life style change; exercise is always associated with it. And only in the beginning when the symptoms are light or non-existent -- more complex patients might benefit more from surgery.

Context is important. Given your history of prediabetes, your "upper limit of normal" result should be interpeted differently.

Why didn't you increase exercise? It would probably have had a bigger impact on your health than diet alone.

I don't deny that. I guarantee you would appreciate all kinds of responsibility dodging tools if people could sue you for hundreds of thousands in damages over some mistake. Lots of people who go into medicine aren't even aware of the huge professional risk involved. They literally think "I'm going to help people, I have the best intentions" and end up getting fucked.

Doctors are people too. They make mistakes. Sometimes an overworked ER doctor multiplexing his attention between tens of patients will end up making a mistake.

Take some intro programming courses to see if you have an aptitude for it. If you do, abandon all your other plans and get a Computer Science degree. Nothing is more empowering; it's literal wizardry.

This. I learned biochemistry and everything but a professional who's actually specialized in nutrition would be much more effective at nutrition than a doctor. This should be obvious, but people just trust doctors more for some reason. They go to a doctor first, and then we refer them to a specialized professional.

Go to biotech and pharma (with technology major) then sideline with foss development, 3D CAD and a bit of VR.
CS/tech has little future and most next generation X boomers (30+) will cripple the tech industries for the coming years because they have more experience than you and is ahead of you) (like those politician baby boomers that don't know when to give up).
If I were you I'd take up software engineering or app development (since most market people use phones than PCs) OR get a job in some A-tier tech company like IBM though this would require you a lot of gen X experience unless you are a millenial genius. Other part would be server management /sys ad.
In the end, it all boils down to whether your personality fits the job and if the job becomes duty (means no one else can do it better other than you.)

This is literal nonsense. There are no baby boomers younger than early/mid 50s. There are no generation Xers younger than very late 30s. Most people in their 30s are Millennials.

In addition, "don't go into field X because there are already older people in that field who have jerbs" is an attitude that would lock people out of pursuing any field that has existed for more than a few years.

There might be overall demographic and industry changes that make certain fields better or worse options for people just starting their careers, sure. But you're not talking about that, you just making a bunch of befuddled generalizations about shit you apparently don't understand.

Attached: Boomer USA.mp4 (1280x720, 4.33M)

A single faggot is trying to force his boomer shit in to a meme by posting it everywhere.

That sounds awful. Do new doctors not have to take a Hippocratic Oath?

I literally wipe my ass with the Hippocratic Oath -- somehow these charlatans are convinced that circumcision isn't unethical in the slightest.

You're kidding, right? This crap is a meaningless 'tradition' that nobody really takes seriously and it holds exactly zero power over doctors. If you wish to see the rules that actually governs them, look up your country's medical ethics board or equivalent.

Well, particularly the version that says not to harm the patients.

She didn't really harm him. Exercise and the diet she recommended is pretty much standard lifestyle change advice. If you only look at lab results, then it's obvious a low carbohydrate diet is going to reduce blood glucose. Obviously, if you eat less glucose, your blood will have less glucose. What you gotta realize though is that she recommended exercise and carbohydrates are extremely important during exercise, especially anaerobic exercise, the type of short duration but high intensity exercise that promotes hypertrophy. I've seen people faint in gyms due to hypoglycemia because they don't eat glucose.

Diabetes is related to insulin, not glucose. Either your body isn't producing it or cells have become resistant to it. The hyperglycemia is a secondary effect. Your body is actually in a catabolic state.

So how do you balance low carb or ketosis with what is required for muscle growth?

You don't.

People concerned with muscle growth don't care about fad diets because they exercise and can eat anything. Ketofags are all about trying to lose weight while doing nothing and don't care if they're causing collateral damage.

I'm in somewhat similar situation.

Since I'm now on disability due to anxiety and Xanax addiction/dependence issues, along with rehabilitation, as an easterneuropoor I can get taxpayer-subsidized 3 year college education for qualification in:

The second one, probably. Sounds like much of the work can be automated away. You might be called at 3:00 AM to do maintenance, though.

Most administration gets done remotely anyway I think, so it's a small step to do it from home.
I think most software development requires interaction with team members like 90 minute scrums.

I don't know how professional software development works these days. I got some work experience during high school and my classmates and coworkers were such monkeys that it made me give up on the field. I thought I'd be miserable if I had to spend time babying other people who couldn't do the most basic tasks and who didn't really care about computers anyway. Out of every 100 people I had contact with, maybe 3 weren't absolute garbage. The fact I couldn't have an intelligent conversation with most people seriously pissed me off.

In retrospect, I might have made a suboptimal decision. I mean, it's a lot easier to compete with morons. In med school, everyone is smart and distinguishing yourself is a LOT harder. I'm no longer the smartest or most studious person in the place, but I'm OK with that. At least I get to learn something new when I talk to people.

Scrum can easily be done remotely. Sometimes a manager wants to see your face on a video call (a female manager once fullscreened my face on a laptop and set it on the meeting table so I could "be there" for the meeting lol). But yeah, even agile dev can be done remotely.

Yes she did by recommending what caused the problems in the health issues in the first place. Doesn't matter jack shit if it's "best practice". She didn't even listen to what I told her of diet history. It was all just memorized routine prescription.

Oaths only mean something if the individual taking it has a good moral character or the society surrounding that individual places great importance on them.
Neither of these conditions applies to most situations in modern society. A restaurant might kick you out for a MAGA hat, but it won't kick you out for having broken your vow. Hell, the very ability to divorce without the partner having broken his vows is proof that oaths mean fuckall to modern society.

You should probably just kill yourself or chop off your balls at least to not procreate

Maybe try not be a fat slob who sits on his ass all day and the moment he hits his goals just stops doing what got him there?

computer science (aka programming) is a meme. you can literally learn everything you need from internet/books or even just playing around with your compiler. maybe theoretical computer science has some merit but if you're just learning how to make a tree structure in java you're wasting 10s of thousands of dollars for nothing.

shut the fuck up

I didn't even remotely hit my goal with doctor's best practice for weight loss. But I did get sick from over exertion multiple times, chronic fatigue, depression, diabetes and busted my knee. Last one not irreversibly I hope.

called It's called Biomedical Engineering Technology BS. Taking sensors and embedding them into bodies and shiz. Technology degree and a MBA will give you foundation to lead a bunch of engineers more nerdy than you making cool shit.

Or you can be like OP and join a none profit and data mine enemies for information and cuckold their-self through life.

So you're blaming the doctor because you're clearly utterly fucked up from morbid obesity and can't get off your fat ass and walk a few meters?

I'm saying that doctor giving me the same advice as before that directly led to worse condition is not helpful.

Stop being a fat piece of shit an d it would be helpful. Doing no exercise at all isn't helping you. You're not burning excess calories you're just starving yourself which puts your body into "oh shit food shortage" mode and it then starts to absorb as much sugar as possible in response to a potential food shortage.

You're a fucking weasel, and you can't say anything in concrete terms because you're peddling bullshit to idiots.

I am in full swing on stopping being that you see. That starvation response of lowered basal metabolic rate happens on calorie restriction diets which I am not on. I'm far from starving myself.

I just said in concrete terms those diets fail long-term. Total bullshit is calorie counting fad because it assumes basal metabolic rate is perfectly constant at around 2200kcal a day. It is also unscientific in saying body consumes calories for energy when it actually consumes fat, protein and carbohydrates for many purposes of which energy is just one.

"Starvation mode" is a meme, retard. Intermittent fasting is ideal for health.

In the future everyone's going to be suffering from many illnesses as part of wars in a technocracy, so both fields are good choices.

Attached: 1466570392847.png (777x755, 50.04K)

Morbidly obese people benefit more from bariatric surgery. After the operation, you will lose a lot of weight and it should last for a couple of years. After initial weight loss, you should be able to exercise and change your lifestyle.

If you consider IBM an A-tier company, I'm to throw all your advice intothetrash.jpg.

IBM is a garbage tier software company living off their past reputation.

z505.com/cgi-bin/qkcont/qkcont.cgi?p=IBM And Linux Is A Scam

Computer science is good for your mental health.

No idea what you mean by that.

Baby Boomers are people born in the post war "baby boom" from roughly 1945 to 1965. That means that the youngest baby boomers out there are about 53.

Bariatric surgery has massive complication risk and even it doesn't last indfinitely. Much better to just stop eating completely every now and then, same effect.

Apparently inserting a bacteria (read: shit) sample from a healthy person's gut microbiome (read: anus) into your own microbiome anus will make you skinnier and desire healthier foods, according to what the donor's diet was like. Least complications when getting from someone related to you.

Yeah! I've heard about microbial transplants too, now that's Deus Ex tier biotech even if in practice it's taking shit up the ass. There's a popsci book on subject called "Second brain" that's on my reading list.

Sounds a lot like the connection between your brain and the little faggots living in your gut giving you cravings. They use the secondary NS you have, the autonomous nervous system (responsible for breathing, blinking, etc.)

Dunno, haven't read like I said, but would make sense. Willpower does run out in these weight loss matters. Just like it runs out when trying to stop breathing for sweet merciful death. I've experienced both.

I switched to a keto diet pretty easily, brought me down from the low 200's to 188 resting/sedentary. I do a small amount of exercise every morning (30 push-ups yes with correct form or ~15 sit ups) which has brought me up to 194.
Since I used the initial willpower to force myself to eat better (and being able to eat greasy stuff and straight butter helps in that phase), I now feel physically encouraged to eat vegetables and fatty foods. Good times.
The biggest challenge for most people I think is skipping breakfast, which I generally found as annoying (thus making it easier/ more natural once again for me).

Comp sci

get back to the cotton field nigger

Because health is a big fucking scam. Most of the things the medical industry treats is made-up diseases and (((mental illness))) for all the bad goys so they sedate them with expensive prescription drugs and mooch the goobermint "free" healthcare system with.

Just take biotech you filthy synth

Mental health doesn't exist, all you have to do is cheer up and you'll be better. Suicide doesn't exist either because mental illness is a made up disease.

a legend